Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:29:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [BCAP] THE FIRST DIGITAL LIQUID VENTURE FUND - BLOCKCHAIN CAPITAL FUND  (Read 48314 times)
ArgonGroup

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2017, 10:41:25 PM
Last edit: April 22, 2017, 01:16:52 AM by mprep

Following for future update.

We will see where this is going Grin

me too, Following for future update.

Thank you guys for keeping your eye on our project, we'll be glad to share more information with you soon!

looks interesting...

So this will be an investment? and the tokens sold will be equity or shares?

BCAP token represents a fractional interest in the only LP interest in the fund, which the token issuer Tokenhub.com (the platform where you will be able to purchase the BCAP token) holds.

Appreciate that!
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Marina_T (OP)

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 06:05:21 PM

Could we follow your investments after ICO?

Of course - the fund will make regular NAV disclosure so you will be able to track its progress after the ICO.
docker

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 09:42:36 PM

So I have a few questions:

Is there a minimum amount of USD we must invest in order to participate in the initial offering?

Is there any formal verification we must go through to prove we are accredited investors prior to the sale going live? How/where can we do that?

Are we eligible to invest if we can just prove we earn more than $200,000 USD annually?

I tried looking for some of these on the website but couldn't find. Maybe you could help clarify.

I'm interested in this too mate, waiting for dev to answer

Hi!

The minimum amount of investment will be disclosed in Offering Memorandum that will be published at 3rd of April.
There will be verification process you need to go through at www.tokenhub.com - the platform where Token Offering will be held. It will be available for registration this week.
Basically being an accredited investor (http://www.investopedia.com/terms/a/accreditedinvestor.asp) gives you an opportunity to invest.

Thanks for your kind answer mate and good luck with your project
Marina_T (OP)

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 05:13:49 PM

All, here is the latest news coverage of the offering:
1.Bitcoin Magazine: More than Disruption: How Blockchain Capital is “Democratizing” Venture Capital
https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/more-disruption-how-blockchain-capital-democratizing-venture-capital/

2. CNBC Asia link from Brock Pierce's interview last night:
http://video.cnbc.com/gallery/?video=3000603345
docker

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 01:52:11 PM

The project is interesting but there's not much activity in this thread how come mate?
Marina_T (OP)

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 02:16:13 PM

The project is interesting but there's not much activity in this thread how come mate?

We will be releasing more information in the offering memorandum on April 3, and then ICO will open for investments on April 10. So far not that much information is available, and that's why this thread is not so active. Also, we are not running a bounty or signature campaign and this is another reason.
prikitiw

Activity: 490

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 06:19:12 PM

18 days  Roll Eyes
CarloP

Activity: 230

Who knows dominates in good and evil!

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 06:51:41 PM

We will be releasing more information in the offering memorandum on April 3, and then ICO will open for investments on April 10. So far not that much information is available, and that's why this thread is not so active. Also, we are not running a bounty or signature campaign and this is another reason.

@Marina Is there any investor limit number in ICO?
Marina_T (OP)

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 07:01:04 PM

Hi Carlo - yes, but only for US accredited investors (99 in total). For the rest of the world there is no limit on the number of investors.
CarloP

Activity: 230

Who knows dominates in good and evil!

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 07:18:58 PM

Hi Carlo - yes, but only for US accredited investors (99 in total). For the rest of the world there is no limit on the number of investors.

OK That's good. I am waiting news. Thank you.
cryptococcus

Activity: 46

View Profile
March 25, 2017, 10:01:32 AM

So for non US investors it is sufficient to register at tokenhub? Or is it mandatory to go through the (painful) process to become an accredited investor by the rules of the SEC?
Marina_T (OP)

View Profile
March 25, 2017, 12:45:24 PM
Last edit: April 04, 2017, 04:11:42 AM by Marina_T

So for non US investors it is sufficient to register at tokenhub? Or is it mandatory to go through the (painful) process to become an accredited investor by the rules of the SEC?

As a non-US investor you would need to register at tokenhub.com and follow certain KYC procedures there.
coolmyrig

Activity: 323

View Profile
March 25, 2017, 01:05:13 PM

i'll do indonesian translation if needed Wink
And I can do Chinese translation,if needed.:)By the way,is there any diffirent from this project to the TaaS project,you can check it in my signature...
meeekz

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 25, 2017, 01:23:49 PM
Last edit: April 22, 2017, 01:17:13 AM by mprep

Could you please describe your marketing strategy e.g., pr, promotional, competitive and channel...
  How will you attract and retain customers/investors?

Does the fund pay dividends?

Check out the Powerledger ICO.... Disrupting the power industry
https://bounty.powerledger.io/btctalk/?hash=n81HRsvnAyG3cfl6
ajhodge7

Activity: 52

View Profile
March 25, 2017, 08:39:41 PM

How will the per year 2.5% management fee be collected?  If I have 10 BCAPs how will the 2.5% be charged?  Is this taken from some sort of dividend that will be dispersed quarterly or yearly?  Also, is the management fee from profits or from assets under management?  It would seem it would only be charged on dividends...in that case what if no dividends?  Does the 2.5% management fee only apply in profitable years?  Would be nice to see a company put their money where their mouth is so to speak for once.  

I like the idea of a fund entering the crypto space, but the reasons to do so don't seem to jive.  Why not make it public in the traditional sense?  Why just an ICO.  Seems that Blockchain Capital (BC) needs an influx of money to invest(?)...and if BC is established shouldn't there be enough happy investors lined up to contribute more?  Let's be honest, the goal is not to let the little guy enter the VC market, we all only do things to make money (which I'm totally for! Don't get me wrong).  I'm just missing something here.  The real WHY is something I don't see here.  Almost feels like BC is piggybacking the success of ICOs to have an influx of cash to invest...

I don't mean to sound cynical here, just trying to understand.
xtyling

Activity: 588

Crypto is Life!

View Profile
March 25, 2017, 08:49:54 PM

How to invest ? What are the options available ?
CjMapope
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092

~Full-Time Minter since 2016~

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2017, 09:03:42 PM

How will the per year 2.5% management fee be collected?  If I have 10 BCAPs how will the 2.5% be charged?  Is this taken from some sort of dividend that will be dispersed quarterly or yearly?  Also, is the management fee from profits or from assets under management?  It would seem it would only be charged on dividends...in that case what if no dividends?  Does the 2.5% management fee only apply in profitable years?  Would be nice to see a company put their money where their mouth is so to speak for once.  

I like the idea of a fund entering the crypto space, but the reasons to do so don't seem to jive.  Why not make it public in the traditional sense?  Why just an ICO.  Seems that Blockchain Capital (BC) needs an influx of money to invest(?)...and if BC is established shouldn't there be enough happy investors lined up to contribute more?  Let's be honest, the goal is not to let the little guy enter the VC market, we all only do things to make money (which I'm totally for! Don't get me wrong).  I'm just missing something here.  The real WHY is something I don't see here.  Almost feels like BC is piggybacking the success of ICOs to have an influx of cash to invest...

hmm, interesting thoughts actually.
See an ICO allows them to create a token at a cost of next to nothing to give anon people.
This ONE act alone can save them in court. Having the traditional VC route, EVERYTHING goes by the SEC, if people lose out, there will be hell to pay.
Crypto ICOs offer lowest liability possible, as the legal requirements to "fulfill your obligations" to investors are nearly ZERO :/

~Got this girl in my bed, a roof over my head, i mint a couple coins a week, and thats how i make bread~
~On the 12th day of Hatzvah, OGminer said to me: "compute root of the merkle hash tree!"~
Prohashing  -- Simply the best Multipool!
docker

View Profile
March 26, 2017, 11:14:55 AM

See an ICO allows them to create a token at a cost of next to nothing to give anon people.
This ONE act alone can save them in court. Having the traditional VC route, EVERYTHING goes by the SEC, if people lose out, there will be hell to pay.
Crypto ICOs offer lowest liability possible, as the legal requirements to "fulfill your obligations" to investors are nearly ZERO :/

Geez you almost made me change my mind mate, need to think more about this
Marina_T (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2017, 01:05:07 PM
Last edit: April 22, 2017, 01:15:46 AM by mprep

i'll do indonesian translation if needed Wink
And I can do Chinese translation,if needed.:)By the way,is there any diffirent from this project to the TaaS project,you can check it in my signature...

Thank you. We are not doing translations at the moment but will keep you in mind for the future.

BCAP is quite different from TaaS: Blockchain Capital as a General Partner will be investing into blockchain companies directly. E.g. in the existing funds Blockchain Capital has investments into such companies as BitFury, BitGo, BitPesa, BlockCypher, Blockstream, Chain, Coinbase, Gem, GoCoin, ItBit, PeerNova, Ripple, Wave, and Xapo, among others. For an ordinary investor it is very difficult to get exposure to those. In addition to that type of investments the fund will also be investing into ICOs and this is the similarity with TaaS which will be investing into BTC and altcoins only.

How to invest ? What are the options available ?

It will be possible to invest in BTC, ETH and USD wires. The sale will be held via Argon Group's issuance platform TokenHub, registration at tokenhub.com will open soon.

Could you please describe your marketing strategy e.g., pr, promotional, competitive and channel...
  How will you attract and retain customers/investors?

We have been featured so far in both mainstream and crypto media, some of the links to news articles are below. We will continue this strategy of broader media coverage, combined with social media activity (follow Blockchain Capital on Facebook and Twitter) as well as efforts in the crypto space, e.g. this forum, our Telegram group, our channel at CoinFund Slack, other crypto resources.

News articles:
https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/more-disruption-how-blockchain-capital-democratizing-venture-capital/
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-blockchain-funding-idUSKBN16N1Z8
https://www.americanbanker.com/news/blockchain-vc-to-raise-fund-through-digital-token-offering
http://www.siliconbeat.com/2017/03/16/forget-cash-this-san-francisco-vc-firm-will-first-fundraise-using-digital-tokens/
https://www.wired.com/2017/03/initial-coin-offering-stock-thats-not-stock/
https://www.forbes.com/sites/laurashin/2017/03/16/want-to-be-a-vc-this-firm-is-making-it-possible-for-everyday-people/#64f598397b70
http://www.coindesk.com/investment-firm-blockchain-capital-launching-10-million-ico/
https://www.ethnews.com/the-first-digital-liquid-venture-fund-will-raise-capital-using-an-ico

Blockchain Capital resources:
Press release: www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/blockchain-capital-to-raise-its-third-fund-via-a-digital-token-offering-300424587.html?tc=eml_cleartime
Website: https://blockchaincapital.tokenhub.com or vctoken.com
Telegram:  https://t.me/vctoken
Twitter: https://twitter.com/blockchaincap or https://twitter.com/brockpierce
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/blockchaincapital
Video: https://vimeo.com/208482555

Feature in crypto resources (more to come):
CoinFund Slack - research bcap channel
icorating.com/
icotracker.net/
tokeninvestor.com/
GitHub ultimate ICO calendar
Reddit on ICOs
Week in Ethereum - featured 20 Mar

Does the fund pay dividends?

The fund will not be paying dividends. Rather, any profits that the fund makes will be reinvested into the fund, which would then increase its net asset value (NAV). NAV would be regularly reported and hopefully serve as a benchmark for token price. So in that case while the profits are not returned to you directly in cash, they are likely to be reflected in the token price in the aftermarket.

How will the per year 2.5% management fee be collected?  If I have 10 BCAPs how will the 2.5% be charged?  Is this taken from some sort of dividend that will be dispersed quarterly or yearly?  Also, is the management fee from profits or from assets under management?  It would seem it would only be charged on dividends...in that case what if no dividends?  Does the 2.5% management fee only apply in profitable years?  Would be nice to see a company put their money where their mouth is so to speak for once. 

I like the idea of a fund entering the crypto space, but the reasons to do so don't seem to jive.  Why not make it public in the traditional sense?  Why just an ICO.  Seems that Blockchain Capital (BC) needs an influx of money to invest(?)...and if BC is established shouldn't there be enough happy investors lined up to contribute more?  Let's be honest, the goal is not to let the little guy enter the VC market, we all only do things to make money (which I'm totally for! Don't get me wrong).  I'm just missing something here.  The real WHY is something I don't see here.  Almost feels like BC is piggybacking the success of ICOs to have an influx of cash to invest...

Geez you almost made me change my mind mate, need to think more about this

Thank you, you are raising some very valid points.

1. This ICO will be one the first ICOs to be compliant with US securities laws, so actually Blockchain Capital makes a very significant step to be compliant and regulated. Fund’s net asset value (NAV) will also be regularly reported. The offering memorandum in compliance with Regulation D and Regulation S of US Securities laws is expected to be published on April 3rd.

2. Only a relatively small portion of Blockchain Capital’s third fund is raised via an ICO. If you read the some of the news articles below the target for the fund overall is $50m, with only $10m coming from the ICO. So the bigger portion of funds is targeted to come from traditional limited partner route. ICO is the way for Blockchain Capital to practice what they preach and disrupt their own industry.
http://uk.reuters.com/article/us-usa-blockchain-funding-idUKKBN16N1Z8
https://www.forbes.com/sites/laurashin/2017/03/16/want-to-be-a-vc-this-firm-is-making-it-possible-for-everyday-people/#64f598397b70

3. The fees are in line with industry standards for VC funds. 2.5% management fee will be charged regardless of profits. 25% performance fee will be charged on profits, and that’s the fund manager’s compensation for providing a unique access to opportunities in the blockchain space that are otherwise not available to ordinary investors. For example, it is very difficult for an individual investor to get exposure to such companies as Bitfury, Xapo, Coinbase etc, and investing through BCAP gives you this opportunity. Please wait for the offering memorandum to learn about the exact mechanism of how the fees will be charged. There will be no dividends, as any profits will be reinvested into the fund, thus affecting NAV and hopefully token price in the aftermarket, as NAV will serve as a benchmark for it.
MellowYellow14

Activity: 18

View Profile
March 27, 2017, 12:21:14 PM

Very cool idea and project. Brock will help bring more credibility to this industry.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: