Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 04:36:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [BCAP] THE FIRST DIGITAL LIQUID VENTURE FUND - BLOCKCHAIN CAPITAL FUND  (Read 48312 times)
zebulun

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 02:56:22 AM

By owning this BCAP token, do we get exposure to companies you've already invested in such as Coinbase & Kraken?

Or are we instead just getting exposure to new startups that you invest in going forward?
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Marina_T (OP)

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 10:00:24 AM

By owning this BCAP token, do we get exposure to companies you've already invested in such as Coinbase & Kraken?

Or are we instead just getting exposure to new startups that you invest in going forward?

50% of the fund is reserved for follow-on opportunities - which means that if one of the companies in the funds I and II will be doing a follow-on financing round, the BCAP token fund can invest.

The other 50% of the fund will be used for new investments.
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 10:11:50 AM

The fact this is SEC compliant might make it go through the roof very fast. I requested more info as I subscribed just now to the newsletter. I do hope I will be eligible to invest, even though I don't have much spare funding but would love to buy a few to back up my coin asset fund.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
zebulun

Activity: 25

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 10:19:01 AM

How is the ICO money being raised? Is it just bitcoin that's being accepted?
ArgonGroup

Activity: 15

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2017, 11:31:45 AM

How is the ICO money being raised? Is it just bitcoin that's being accepted?

We will accept BTC, ETH and USD wire transfers.
topesis

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 12:32:44 PM

Hello ArgonGroup,

I want to know the minimum fund one can invest into the project and maximum for non-US investors
Marina_T (OP)

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 01:39:11 PM

Hello ArgonGroup,

I want to know the minimum fund one can invest into the project and maximum for non-US investors

Hello, there is no minimum or maximum, please feel free to invest whatever you feel like.
Mateoo0

Activity: 1

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 08:58:03 AM

Hello,

Sorry but I couldn't find info about when exactly memorandum will be, at what time?  Roll Eyes
Marina_T (OP)

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 09:05:59 AM
Last edit: April 03, 2017, 11:09:43 AM by Marina_T

Hello,

Sorry but I couldn't find info about when exactly memorandum will be, at what time?  Roll Eyes

It will likely be much later in the day, we will post an update here and you are also welcome to join our Telegram group at https://t.me/vctoken

Stay tuned!
Crypto Girl

Activity: 980
Merit: 294

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 11:01:35 AM

this is one of the well-planned project and one of a very presentable ANN here in Bitcointalk, the teams are doesn't hide their identity and everything seems to be in place, if the plan gets executed, this one will be a success.

I use this provider to trade Cryptos : Bitcoin Revolution
ArgonGroup

Activity: 15

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2017, 11:09:30 AM

this is one of the well-planned project and one of a very presentable ANN here in Bitcointalk, the teams are doesn't hide their identity and everything seems to be in place, if the plan gets executed, this one will be a success.

Thank you for the kind words and your support!
Ano

Activity: 1148
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 11:35:08 AM

You are offering other bounties for translations, social media promotion, newsletter and blogging. In OP i don't find link even for signature campaign too.
Marina_T (OP)

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 11:36:44 AM

You are offering other bounties for translations, social media promotion, newsletter and blogging. In OP i don't find link even for signature campaign too.

Thank you for your interest. We only have a small signature campaign: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1853466.new#new
hubballi

Activity: 882
Merit: 297

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 11:49:54 AM

Thank you for your interest. We only have a small signature campaign: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1853466.new#new

Very good Advertising option you have chosen as above bounties will be a headache work to maintain and in signature campaign you will get lot of exposure to your project and more over through signature campaign your project will get correct and real exposure to the market.

cotton ball

Activity: 1288
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 12:28:14 PM

I enjoy reading ethereum included in the payment. and project was included in icorating, it means that BCAP concept is a solid investment system.

Code:
ICO date           : 10.04.2017 — 10.05.2017
Tokens distribution: Total BCAP token supply: 10 millions
Token Sales        : 1 BCAP token = 1 USD
Accepts            : BTC

Today already dated April 3 to provide full details on MoU
give me relevant information in order to get involved in successing this program. https://blockchaincapital.tokenhub.com/
Marina_T (OP)

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 01:20:25 PM

I enjoy reading ethereum included in the payment. and project was included in icorating, it means that BCAP concept is a solid investment system.

Code:
ICO date           : 10.04.2017 — 10.05.2017
Tokens distribution: Total BCAP token supply: 10 millions
Token Sales        : 1 BCAP token = 1 USD
Accepts            : BTC

Today already dated April 3 to provide full details on MoU
give me relevant information in order to get involved in successing this program. https://blockchaincapital.tokenhub.com/

The offering memorandum will be available later today, we will announce it here and in our Telegram group. Stay tuned!
kmb448

Activity: 18

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 03:50:06 PM

We're all looking forward to the memorandum later on today. As always thanks for all the correspondence thus far. I did have another question after discussing some risk elements  with a few of my friends/colleagues. Hate to skeptically poke and prod once again, but really need  to be clear on this: We saw the minimum lock-in time before liquidation for world  investors is 40 days while US investors have a minimum lock-in period of 1 year. So if the fund for any reason started tanking, or alternatively if it took off to a point where  we'd feel motivated to trim off some profit and trade the token, we from US soil would be asymmetrically disadvantaged by remaining locked-in while offshore investors can do what they please or could  totally bottom the fund out if decided upon exiting en masse? I understand that one upside to minimum lock-in periods is fostering long term oriented investments based on faith in the quality of assets, and avoiding pure profiteering, but need to understand why there is such a skewed difference between US and non-US investors, as well as what your motivations are behind that. Additionally understand that the crowdfunding only consists of $10 million USD while there is another larger $40 million USD accounted for by traditional investors - who are these traditional investors and do they have a lock-in time similar or longer than a year which would tremendously mitigate this risk? That would make a difference. If you can give me a reasonable justification for why this exists I will rest easier with deciding on my prospective investment.

KB
Marina_T (OP)

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 04:12:09 PM
Last edit: April 04, 2017, 04:15:24 AM by Marina_T

We're all looking forward to the memorandum later on today. As always thanks for all the correspondence thus far. I did have another question after discussing some risk elements  with a few of my friends/colleagues. Hate to skeptically poke and prod once again, but really need  to be clear on this: We saw the minimum lock-in time before liquidation for world  investors is 40 days while US investors have a minimum lock-in period of 1 year. So if the fund for any reason started tanking, or alternatively if it took off to a point where  we'd feel motivated to trim off some profit and trade the token, we from US soil would be asymmetrically disadvantaged by remaining locked-in while offshore investors can do what they please or could  totally bottom the fund out if decided upon exiting en masse? I understand that one upside to minimum lock-in periods is fostering long term oriented investments based on faith in the quality of assets, and avoiding pure profiteering, but need to understand why there is such a skewed difference between US and non-US investors, as well as what your motivations are behind that. Additionally understand that the crowdfunding only consists of $10 million USD while there is another larger $40 million USD accounted for by traditional investors - who are these traditional investors and do they have a lock-in time similar or longer than a year which would tremendously mitigate this risk? That would make a difference. If you can give me a reasonable justification for why this exists I will rest easier with deciding on my prospective investment.

KB

Dear KB - thank you for your interest. The need for the 1 year lock-up for US investors is to do with US securities laws. There is not much we can do around that unfortunately.

The investors in the traditional LP fund are locked in for the whole period of the fund, which is not confirmed yet, but could be around 7-10 years in line with other venture capital funds. LPs in the traditional fund do not have liquidity at all unlike token holders.
kmb448

Activity: 18

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 04:54:31 PM

We're all looking forward to the memorandum later on today. As always thanks for all the correspondence thus far. I did have another question after discussing some risk elements  with a few of my friends/colleagues. Hate to skeptically poke and prod once again, but really need  to be clear on this: We saw the minimum lock-in time before liquidation for world  investors is 40 days while US investors have a minimum lock-in period of 1 year. So if the fund for any reason started tanking, or alternatively if it took off to a point where  we'd feel motivated to trim off some profit and trade the token, we from US soil would be asymmetrically disadvantaged by remaining locked-in while offshore investors can do what they please or could  totally bottom the fund out if decided upon exiting en masse? I understand that one upside to minimum lock-in periods is fostering long term oriented investments based on faith in the quality of assets, and avoiding pure profiteering, but need to understand why there is such a skewed difference between US and non-US investors, as well as what your motivations are behind that. Additionally understand that the crowdfunding only consists of $10 million USD while there is another larger $40 million USD accounted for by traditional investors - who are these traditional investors and do they have a lock-in time similar or longer than a year which would tremendously mitigate this risk? That would make a difference. If you can give me a reasonable justification for why this exists I will rest easier with deciding on my prospective investment.

KB

Dear KB - thank you for your interest. The need for the 1 year lock-up for US investors is to do with US securities laws. There is not much we can do around that unfortunately.

The investors in the traditional LP fund are locked in for the whole period of the fund, which is not confirmed yet, but could be around 7-10 years in line with other venture capital funds. LPs in the traditional fund do not have liquidity at all unlike token holders.

I hope you still like the project and would be interested to invest.

Marina,

Much appreciated. That's a big confidence booster knowing the LP's are committed long term and represent the majority stake of the fund. I figured that the reason was regulatory in nature. Still like the project.
Tony128

Activity: 326
Merit: 124

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 08:02:10 PM

Hi Marina,

I just stumbled upon the BCAP project and your helpful answers in this thread already provided me with a really good overview.

I have two (rather basic) questions however:

The plan is to reinvest 75% of the profits back into the fund. Obviously this should give the fund a great source for future investments, but what incentive does that bring to the token holder? If there is no plan to ever pay dividends (or some kind of bonus) to token holders, why should someone invest in the token in the first place or even be willing to pay more than the ICO price for the token when traded?  Even if the fund does exceptionally well, none of the token holders will ever see any of the profits, right?

Also, I understand that most regular people form the US won't be able to participate. Will they still be able to buy the tokens from an exchange, once the non US token holders are allowed to trade it?

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts regarding this.

Cheers,
Tony
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: