Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:21:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [BCAP] THE FIRST DIGITAL LIQUID VENTURE FUND - BLOCKCHAIN CAPITAL FUND  (Read 48312 times)
redhero

Activity: 361
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 10:40:51 PM

BCAP just run on the right way, commonly investor have no chance to invest those kinds of startup company like bitpay, or have no way to  get an early purchase reward, but the fund can do.
whatever, BCAP invested in Parity Technologies Ltd, at least it will get the early purchase reward , it is more than a commonly investor with the same money. The BACP maybe even have got some stocks of parity company, not only token. If a common investor, he can only get token.b

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Crypto_FreeMan

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 01:41:07 AM

Any update? Their fixing of price was awfull... fixed my eth from 50 usd to 44...... that the steal of the money...

Now they are silent like a hell. Don't understand such ,moves from such solid team
Reaper3

Activity: 378

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 01:14:39 PM

Gleb Thanks for warning, should I avoid the following as well as you quoted them

29: https://tokenhub.com/ico/29 ~ Blockchain Capital ~ April 10 - May 10
31: https://tokenhub.com/ico/31 ~ Humaniq ~ April 6 - April 27
32: https://tokenhub.com/ico/32 ~ Melonport ~ February 15 - March 16
33: https://tokenhub.com/ico/33 ~ WeTrust ~ March 2 - April 14
34: https://tokenhub.com/ico/34 ~ TaaS ~ March 27 - April 27
35: https://tokenhub.com/ico/35 ~ Embermine ~ April 13 - May 13

CHANGE FINANCE First Decentralised Global Crypto Bank
[color=#15B5E2 ]LINK TO ICO | LINK TO DISCUSSION
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 05:12:49 PM

Gleb Thanks for warning, should I avoid the following as well as you quoted them

29: https://tokenhub.com/ico/29 ~ Blockchain Capital ~ April 10 - May 10
31: https://tokenhub.com/ico/31 ~ Humaniq ~ April 6 - April 27
32: https://tokenhub.com/ico/32 ~ Melonport ~ February 15 - March 16
33: https://tokenhub.com/ico/33 ~ WeTrust ~ March 2 - April 14
34: https://tokenhub.com/ico/34 ~ TaaS ~ March 27 - April 27
35: https://tokenhub.com/ico/35 ~ Embermine ~ April 13 - May 13

I think some have already ended. To answer your question, others in this community have weighed in avoiding some of the above.

What's strange is that TokenHub deleted the pages of the bottom five listed immediately after BCAP's ICO. Then Tean Argon has had mega posts of mine deleted from this thread by mods since this thread is not self-moderated.

https://www.wired.com/2017/03/initial-coin-offering-stock-thats-not-stock/

This method is new to the ICO world, but probably warranted. The structures to help ICOs succeed and thrive in the mainstream are still evolving—like the Argon Group, which longtime Wall Streeter Stan Miroshnik founded to help oversee ICOs. Argon will bookrun the token offering on behalf of Blockchain Capital, meaning, in this case, that it will actually issue the token. “Our mission is to help this new capital market evolve,” Miroshnik says.

Firstly, exactly how does a long-time resident of Russia up to only a couple years ago be dubbed "longtime Wall Streeter"?

Secondly, note that Stan Miroshnik is the founder of Argon Group to help oversees ICOs.

Thirdly, referring to the list above, other ICOs were presented to Investards as also entities seeking funding alongside BCAP, again, later deleted from the platform, leaving ONLY BCAP, of which I contend was the sole purpose of this piece of shit Argon Group headed by biker Marina Khaustova (or Khaoustovar), co-founder of Argon Group.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/laurashin/2017/04/18/this-vc-is-sure-venture-capital-is-about-to-be-disrupted/#7c9679f6324e

https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1703926/000095017217000040/xslFormDX01/primary_doc.xml

Note the phone number: 800-852-3030

Connected to http://maxpresence.com.ourssite.com/

https://www.crunchbase.com/organization/solutionists#/entity

Note the list of speakers here: https://www.crunchbase.com/event/seamless-2017-2017419/speakers
romanekras

Activity: 434

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 04:59:15 PM

First Digital Token Sale By VC Firm Raises $10 Million In Six Hours
Blockchain Capital offers investors a new take on initial coin offerings. On April 20, 2017, the San Francisco venture firm made history by offering the first digital token backed by a venture capital firm, raising $10 million in six hours from investors. Blockchain also announced Thursday that Parity Technologies, creator of the Parity Ethereum software, is a target for investment. Parity built an ethereum client that integrates directly into browsers.
Brock Pierce, co-founder of Blockchain Capital, told Reuters that the move toward virtual currency represents a desire to "democratize access" and provide "enhanced liquidity to the venture capital asset class.” Pierce is also chairman of the Bitcoin Foundation. A pioneer in the field of virtual currency, he’s raised more than $200 million for the companies has founded.More
darktt

Activity: 269
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 04:14:36 AM

When go exchanges?
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 05:01:16 AM

I have a hunch as to how these ICO are being funded so quickly. Is it possible that hedge fund participates (e.g. common Joe with an 401K et al. at his workplace) are participating in them unbeknownst to them by the managers of hedge funds, they augmenting the scant few from the crypto community, namely this forum where the ICO managers spend most their time after penning press releases which in turn generate quasi-organic news?

Since I know as a fact that my posts are read by 3-LAs, I'm sure they'll now give consideration to this possibility if they haven't already. Your welcome, suits.

Think about it. If a bank could have its employees create over a million bogus accounts, it's nothing for a hedge fund outfit to get its trusted employees to participate in crypto ICOs.
lumierre

Activity: 862

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 10:33:05 AM

"ETHCORE’s mission is to enable businesses and organisations to capitalise on blockchain technology and benefit from the new opportunities it presents. We develop cutting-edge software solutions for enterprises and industries to unlock the full value of decentralised technology. We believe that decentralised technology has the power to fundamentally change and enhance the systems used by businesses, consumers, and governments every day."

I just realized that Ethcore is the best investment BCAP could ever make. Yes, people can invest on the Ethereum public blockchain but enterprise side of Ethereum is where the money is at. There is a possibility ethcore could sell enterprise style ethereum to corporations for millions. There is no way for the public to invest in Enterprise Ethereum Alliance or IBM's Hyperledger but the public can invest in Ethcore. Just mi 2 cents.

I'm still upset about the conversion rate though.  Undecided

CDEX-CROSS-CHAIN DECENTRALIZED EXCHANGE PLATFORM
TOKENS FOR BITCOINTALK USERS FOR SIGNATURES! ANN TREAD ! WHITEPAPER ! LITEPAPER !
Kazadar

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 11:10:58 AM

"ETHCORE’s mission is to enable businesses and organisations to capitalise on blockchain technology and benefit from the new opportunities it presents. We develop cutting-edge software solutions for enterprises and industries to unlock the full value of decentralised technology. We believe that decentralised technology has the power to fundamentally change and enhance the systems used by businesses, consumers, and governments every day."

I just realized that Ethcore is the best investment BCAP could ever make. Yes, people can invest on the Ethereum public blockchain but enterprise side of Ethereum is where the money is at. There is a possibility ethcore could sell enterprise style ethereum to corporations for millions. There is no way for the public to invest in Enterprise Ethereum Alliance or IBM's Hyperledger but the public can invest in Ethcore. Just mi 2 cents.

The conversionrate issue might be because its oversubscribed, basicly making each token worth more the the $1 target.

The number of tokens was fixed at 10M tokens, if they managed to get $11M before they closed the ICO, then each token would be worth $1.1, making the conversionrate seem worse.

I dont know if that what has happened, but I think its a possibility.

mtnsaa
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 12:16:37 PM

The conversionrate issue might be because its oversubscribed, basicly making each token worth more the the $1 target.

The number of tokens was fixed at 10M tokens, if they managed to get $11M before they closed the ICO, then each token would be worth $1.1, making the conversionrate seem worse.

I dont know if that what has happened, but I think its a possibility.

The conversion was fair in a way that it was very close to what we sent at the time. The thing is the actual conversion happened many days after the ICO and both BTC and especially ETH increased in value. Where would that difference go is something I particularly don't know but it should be refunded or the value of each token increased.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 03:58:55 PM

And more of my posts were deleted from this thread.  Cry I could start a whole new thread on BCAP that'll be many pages long using my deleted posts as fodder alone.

To recap, we have an entity accepting bitcoins through an entity consisting of Russians with a charter in Singapore so to invest the funds in Ethereum while shorting the Investards. How close am I?

Meanwhile, if an honest B&M business deposits U$10,001 into his bank account, a microscope is stuck so far up his ass ...

But no red flags are raised by what I outlined perhaps because there's an FBI lawyer on the advisory board.
Kazadar

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 04:08:15 PM

The conversion was fair in a way that it was very close to what we sent at the time. The thing is the actual conversion happened many days after the ICO and both BTC and especially ETH increased in value. Where would that difference go is something I particularly don't know but it should be refunded or the value of each token increased.
As long as they hold them in BTC or ETH the value of each token is increased.
There are 10M tokens with the combined value of what ever the fund holds. Havning them be worth more than $10M is a good thing.

mtnsaa
Legendary

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 04:47:12 PM

As long as they hold them in BTC or ETH the value of each token is increased.
There are 10M tokens with the combined value of what ever the fund holds. Havning them be worth more than $10M is a good thing.

I was under the impression both BTC/ETH were already converted to fiat, they don't hold crypto anymore. We got our tokens based on that final rate (around $44.xx for ETH). If they have 11M as you mentioned earlier because of this and each token is valued at $1.1 then that's perfectly acceptable. If not, then a refund of the difference should be made.
CryptoCrypto

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 04:52:33 PM

I know this deal is done now but does anyone have a copy of the offering memorandum? It's not on the tokenhub site anymore and I would like to read through it to see if an investment makes sense once the token starts trading.

Feel free to PM me, and happy to pay a few dollars for a copy if there is one.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 05:18:25 PM

I know this deal is done now but does anyone have a copy of the offering memorandum? It's not on the tokenhub site anymore and I would like to read through it to see if an investment makes sense once the token starts trading.

Reads to me like they got deleting shit down to a science.
misterbones

Activity: 182

Trader*Investor

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 05:26:44 PM

scam , this is a scam LOL

Kazadar

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 05:27:14 PM

It works for me. Try this link https://tokenhub.com/memorandum

mtnsaa
Legendary

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 05:30:11 PM

Reads to me like they got deleting shit down to a science.

It never was available to the public I think, you need to be logged in to view it, it's still there.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 09:02:50 PM

https://www.reddit.com/r/ethereum/comments/646e6i/blockchain_capital_is_using_an_ethereum_token_to/dg1ytut/

ProtectYourMind 2 points 16 days ago

Okay, I'm going to talk about this outside of BCAP.

Let's say you setup a company and decided to start a blockchain. That blockchain will then be sold on the open market and will be valued at some amount. This will create a market cap and a total valuation of the coins.

What you could say is that on a quarterly basis, you're going to value your company based on a 3rd party assessment of your assets. You could then calculate the value of the coin. If the value of the coin drops below the value of the company, they could issue a mandatory buyback of the coins on the market until the market cap equals the NAV (Net Asset Value).

In this way, there is a guaranteed floor on the value of the coin, because the company guarantees a buyback in the market cap falls too low. By the same token, if the price gets too high, the company could release a supply of coins held to lower the value to match their latest valuation. This would put a ceiling and floor on the value of the coin, making it relatively close to the value of the NAV.

Now back to BCAP: this is not what they're doing. There is no guarantee on buybacks, it's 100% at the discretion of the fund. There is nothing but their good spirits you can rely on.

permalinkembedsaveparentreportgive goldreply

[–]darvink 1 point 16 days ago

Thanks for this.

I might have missed it but I still don't get how is the coin being tied back to the company? Yes you can say there is a presumed link between the coin and the company, but how do you enforce it?

A simpler analogy (the way I see it), say company A issued 1,000 shares. These shares represent 100% ownerships of company A. If they have excess return they can choose to dividend it out to all shareholders, or decide on a buyback so that the rest of the shares will increase in value - this is because there is a link between the shares and company ownerships.

So technically if the buyback happens until there is only 1 share left, the owner of the share is the owner of the company and its assets.

I don't see that with tokens.

[–]ProtectYourMind 1 point 16 days ago

Apparently neither of us are smart enough to understand this. That's what I've been trying to figure out for the last two days.

[–]darvink 1 point 16 days ago

Yeah, this was always the point that I am looking to establish, because we had the same challenge with our project, REIDAO.

We are tokenising real estate and were looking for ways to link the token and the real estate. In the end this is how we do it: the tokens can be claimed back to get the piece of property. Again I don't see this happening with asset management based of offering.

[–]ProtectYourMind 1 point 16 days ago

Ultimately, all you need is a guarantee of tying some value back to the value of whatever asset you're trying to track.

It's not like the piece of paper that constitutes the deed is magic. it has value because whoever has their name on that paper owns the property and it's backed up by all parties. If you had tokens that basically established ownership, then you would be getting somewhere.

So long as there's some financial guarantee to the asset, it can be worth something.
Racer8

Activity: 150

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 07:22:18 AM

I'm a gambler investor.  I'm treating the BCAP token exactly like a share in a company.  Doesn't necessarily get bought back or more shares released, don't expect the company to manipulate the value to match some kind of asset valuation.  You're appraising its value on what you think the potential of the investments are versus the market price.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: