Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 09:16:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: When will the marketcap of Ethereum surpass Bitcoin?  (Read 3880 times)
Btcalimie

Activity: 209
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 03:25:07 AM

Bitcoin currently suffers from a serious scalability issue with no solution on the horizon. Ethereum constantly gains greater acceptance and hosts an increasing number of projects on its blockchain. When will the inevitable occur? My opinion is that in about one year the marketcap of Ethereum will be greater than that of Bitcoin.

Yes, it is highly possible that this would happen. Specially many projects and innovation do join the crypt market this days.
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fokinlipat

Activity: 187
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 03:41:27 AM

This is not going to happen in my opinion. ETH performed exceptionally in 2017 but if you see the performance in 2018, it has completely failed. I think that now the hype given by media is over and there is real test of the exact potential of all coins. Most of the alt coins have reduced in their value by half.

Still, if you see return wise, it can give some competition to bitcoins in my opinion. This is because bitcoin is too costly and this is an entry barrier in my opinion.
AbyssLagiaz

Activity: 185
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 03:45:02 AM

When dependency is no more of a matter or an issue in the crypto world like it always happened to almost every coins to fall when BTC falls. Bitcoin was like the mother of all currency in a context and that, my friend, is why Ethereum goes at the same flow as Bitcoin. We can't say in the same way, because they have their own differences not just in the price in the market. I doubt that in the next decade that ETH will surpass it, unless it overcame the adoption that BTC have in different country. Getting a lot of attention in the public could help it, but government could be either be the threat or the opportunity for that.
kere hore

Activity: 168

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 04:27:57 AM

It really just depends what happens in the future, BTC may top out at a certain price and at that point Ethereum could surpass BTC's market cap.

I think it will never happen because the world's first currency bitcoin is probably because Ethereum now has an unprofitable dominant with Ethereum that allows it to pump to get past the bitcoin
Hellobx

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 04:29:50 AM

I don't think it's possible.
ETH may always be Top2, but beyond BTC is impossible.

GVanelly

Activity: 247

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 04:32:59 AM

Bitcoin currently suffers from a serious scalability issue with no solution on the horizon. Ethereum constantly gains greater acceptance and hosts an increasing number of projects on its blockchain. When will the inevitable occur? My opinion is that in about one year the marketcap of Ethereum will be greater than that of Bitcoin.
The market of the ethereum is mainly for business. Bitcoin is a means of accumulating and protecting its savings for all strata of citizens. Therefore, the ethereum will never be able to overtake bitcoin. In addition, bitcoin does not stand still and the tendency to develop. After a couple of years, all its shortcomings will be corrected

Tetep Mesem

Activity: 224
Merit: 8

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 04:43:22 AM

I still do not understand Ethereum's step in market cap to be superior to Bitcoin. because what I see the development of Ethereum is still not fast. so in the 1-year market, Ethereum stamp is bigger than Bitcoin still doubt.

Sandblock  ❱❱  Decentralized consortium of brands and customers
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
❰ TOKEN SALE ❱ MAY 16 (http://sandblock.io)
djscreem01

Activity: 154

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 06:21:58 AM

It will not be very soon. a few years later, BTC will stabilize and ETH will increase. I am always telling ETH investor that ETH is not a short term investment !!!  Cool
omonuyak

Activity: 882
Merit: 269

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 06:28:42 AM

I don't think this will happen soon but maybe when many companies has agree to used the ethereum contract and not only that when people began to see the beauty of the ethereum network over that of other coins. However, bitcoin dominant is still very high and it may taking some years for this to happen.
dobidobi88

Activity: 165

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 07:17:10 AM

This is very difficult considering the community and bitcoin investors more than ethereum. But eth has a high stability that becomes excess.
Hssn

Activity: 154

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 07:20:12 AM

There no way ethereum to surpass bitcoin right now eth is little bit growing comparing with btc but wait for some time again btc will grow and again make a huge gap of 100 billion
Longfellow27

Activity: 140

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 07:23:52 AM

Surpassing what was more popular and accepted is a bit hard. We know ethereum was also good but bitcoin started it all. Not unless something not so good would happen on bitcoin. Like for example if it would be banned forever. The only question about this idea is that why should such a good invention be banned? I think not too certain about but as the level of this argument in percentage. I think it would only be around 3% of a hundred. That is how I look at this possibility.
thienlonghue

Activity: 98

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 07:24:37 AM

Ethereum has no chance to surpass bitcoin. It can be true if only Ethereum has a exactly supply and change the way miner mine ETH.

▄                  ▀▄███▀▄       ★ ★ ★ ★ ★       B i s t r o o . i o       ★ ★ ★ ★ ★       ▄▀███▄▀                  ▄
▄                 Bistroo gives control back to business owners and consumers                 ▄
▄              |     Whitepaper     |        Twitter        |      Telegram      |    ANN Thread    |              ▄
Slugmonkey

Activity: 232
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 08:09:45 AM

Ethereum will not replace bitcoin in terms of the purpose they both serve (which is completely different) but yes the usage of ethereum will increase, as the platform it is built on is much more advanced. The uses it can be put to are very vast and almost sci-fi. In comparison bitcoin has its limitations, the only reason it is still #1 in marketcap is because of its popularity. But it is only a matter of time that ethereum takes over bitcoin in terms of marketcap late this year.
dz roknroll27

Activity: 378

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 09:44:14 AM

Ethereum goes at the same flow as Bitcoin. At this point bitcoin is more likely to lose crown than going to 5000$. ETH is still unstable with some bugs so I don't think it will surpass ever.
norcia

Activity: 322

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 11:23:54 AM

I think it's very possible that Eth markets will outstrip Bitcoin, but that's because of the difference in supply. So I believe the price of Bitcoin will still be above the price of Eth in the future.
newbie-hero

Activity: 518

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 09:10:34 AM

This is not going to happen in my opinion. ETH performed exceptionally in 2017 but if you see the performance in 2018, it has completely failed. I think that now the hype given by media is over and there is real test of the exact potential of all coins. Most of the alt coins have reduced in their value by half.

Still, if you see return wise, it can give some competition to bitcoins in my opinion. This is because bitcoin is too costly and this is an entry barrier in my opinion.

The stuff you are writing about seems to be the truth. However, I can certainly admit that Buterin will make some cool changes to the platform, and Ethereum value will grow. Meanwhile, much time will pass until we see it.
twitami1

Activity: 322
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 10:00:00 AM

I'm not even sure that's gonna happen. As long as they have too much difference .This is possible only if bitcoin falls to $ 2,000 ,because I do not see the potential of Ethereum to kill the price of $ 2,000 for 1 Ethereum.
Arcoin1

Activity: 196

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 06:25:49 AM

It is necessary to invest in order for ETH to gain value. I made my investments through ETH. It's not the BTC crossing, it's affecting my incremental investments more clearly. It will take time or the same value will last long.
zippolo

Activity: 241

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 12:16:35 PM

in the future, anything can happen. but I do not think that in the next few years Bitcoin will lose the place of 1 crypto currency in the world. now he has too big a gap from the other kriptovalyut and in the price and in the number of people who put their money into it.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: