Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 04:20:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC vs ETH vs Dash?  (Read 8042 times)
iamnotback

Activity: 336
Merit: 265

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 11:04:29 AM
Last edit: March 20, 2017, 11:38:27 AM by iamnotback

Here are the differences:

Dash: scam. Instamined, claims to be anonymous but isn't, spends buckets of money on marketing instead of letting the code speak.

Eth: Started out good. It's a turing complete cryptocontract platform, which basically means anything you can build in code (including other cryptocurrencies) can be build on ethereum. The problem is that development is very centralized, they are being guided by huge organizations instead of grassroots users. Price will probably keep going up for a while but I would actually put money into ETC instead of ETH because it's far more decentralized (in terms of development and direction) which means it stands a chance of becoming very very big (compare the "Internet" to "Microsoft Network").

BTC is losing market share right now as people look towards altcoins, it's typical gartner hype cycle situation - the prices will go up, then the vast majority of them will go to 0, but some will survive the culling and prove to be useful for some of the things they are claiming right now. BTC has already proven itself (in this regard), so when all these altcoins start heading to the floor BTC will be a safehaven.

That's my opinion anyway.

Eth development is least centralized. Many node implementations exist in various languages with a steog foundation and vitalik driving development.

Btc has steongest brand recognition and market cap and very stable proce appreciation reative to other coins in past 2 years.

Dash has unique and valuable consensus and governance mechanism.

My 2 cents summary... (since I also had to make a decision on this today)

ETH also appears it will end up having the first secure instant off chain transactions system (although realistically via centralized hubs).

BTC is failing into paralysis and self-destruction, which is tarnishing its former flagship image.

DASH is a fool's pyramid pump scheme.

Monero (XMR) doesn't have instant transaction scaling so I can't put it in the same league as the others. @AnonyMity (and privacy) is a feature every serious ecosystem can offer as an option so IMO it isn't sufficient as a sole selling point. Monero has a self-adjusting block size algorithm (but I've argued all PoW systems are subject to the same centralization effect as they scale regardless), but adoption is about scaling and ecosystem applications. Monero might be a good diversification, but speaking for myself as currently a risk adverse speculator, the chart isn't the same as BTC, ETH, and DASH so there might be something else going on there (although one could argue it is same or exaggerated first hump due to BTC millionaire @rpietila shilling it in 2014). Not sure. Ditto Byteball's chart doesn't give me enough confidence to bet big on it (and also know it has major technical flaws such as the transaction fee design and the witness replacement mechanism), although for speculators who want more risk they might consider it.

Thus I've diversified into ETH (with BTC that technically isn't even mine as it was given to me by my angel investor). Best of the worst. Except I do agree that Ethereum has more app-specific (aka smart contract) ecosystem development than any other.

Bitcoin:
is decentralized, it has a lot of adoption, it has a lot of users, a lot of usage, a lot of real world applications and a lot of services that you can pay for with bitcoin. the distribution is the best, there has never been any premine or any bullshit to get the coins, you could get them from day 1 if you wanted and there is still no restriction, you can buy or if you are willing you can invest and mine it.
the market is the biggest and that means speculation on it is a lot easier than any smaller markets.
there is real adoption where new people come and buy bitcoin because they either want an excellent investment or they want to use this cryptocurrency online as it is intended to (a peer to peer decentralized digital cash).
and a lot more.

Dash:
it has a decent amount of supply and that can help its inflation and finally the price. it is a pump coin and that is a good thing for making a big and quick profit.
it has a big premine. and many even call it a scam. it doesn't have a positive public face. there really isn't any real world usage for it.
in the anonymity department it is not really anonymous. and compared to other coins it has nothing to say compared to coins like Monero.
there is no adoption, only traders switching their money over to Dash and out of it after they are done.
it is a pump coin and that is bad because it kills the coin in the long term when it is pump and dumped.

ETH:
it had a good idea at first but it is implemented pretty badly.
the code is bad and has many bugs, many of which has already been found. some of them even exploited and one of them led to a hard fork and splitting of ETH/ETC and there will always be a possibility of the same exploits and other unknown bugs that can be devastating to anybody who has his money in this coin.
it has a big premine (in form of ICO).
there is no real world usage for it and the smart contract that they are so proud of is not really something special on this platform.
the supply is HUGE. it has one of the biggest number of coins available and with a simple supply and demand rule the price will always be under constant sell pressure.
there has not been a clear cap on the maximum number of coins available.
the last and the worst but not the least is the centralization. this coin is one of the coins that is completely centralized and everything from the price to the code and the future is being decided by those who control it and can easily be manipulated to their advantage.

I agree about Bitcoin except Bitcoin is putting that #1 position in great danger by mucking around with HFs such as the technologically myopic Bitcoin Unlimited.

I agree on Dash.

I agree the possibility of hacks in Ethereum is great, but I am not diversifying into it long-term. I'll be back out of it again when I see the next YUGE smart contract which a hacker can target. I think Ethereum's community will be much more diligent about not letting such a concentrated accumulation occur again at this nascent stage of the new pump that is just getting under way (as it passed its ATH recently).

The real world use is that is a massive experimentation platform for figuring out which applications of blockchains might be worthwhile. And a speculators ICO paradise. Massive amount of smart contract ICO app activity kicking in now. ETH is the next hot thing coming as Dash's pump gets nearer to its apex.

BTC is undergoing turbulence and I think ETH will step on accelerator for the next month or two at least, while BTC and BTU slug it out. ETH and ETC already had their war and Vitalik won.
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BTCLovingDude
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1010

BTC to the moon is inevitable...

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2017, 11:21:40 AM

Bitcoin:
is decentralized, it has a lot of adoption, it has a lot of users, a lot of usage, a lot of real world applications and a lot of services that you can pay for with bitcoin. the distribution is the best, there has never been any premine or any bullshit to get the coins, you could get them from day 1 if you wanted and there is still no restriction, you can buy or if you are willing you can invest and mine it.
the market is the biggest and that means speculation on it is a lot easier than any smaller markets.
there is real adoption where new people come and buy bitcoin because they either want an excellent investment or they want to use this cryptocurrency online as it is intended to (a peer to peer decentralized digital cash).
and a lot more.

Dash:
it has a decent amount of supply and that can help its inflation and finally the price. it is a pump coin and that is a good thing for making a big and quick profit.
it has a big premine. and many even call it a scam. it doesn't have a positive public face. there really isn't any real world usage for it.
in the anonymity department it is not really anonymous. and compared to other coins it has nothing to say compared to coins like Monero.
there is no adoption, only traders switching their money over to Dash and out of it after they are done.
it is a pump coin and that is bad because it kills the coin in the long term when it is pump and dumped.

ETH:
the code is bad and has many bugs, many of which has already been found. some of them even exploited and one of them led to a hard fork and splitting of ETH/ETC and there will always be a possibility of the same exploits and other unknown bugs that can be devastating to anybody who has his money in this coin.
there is no real world usage for it and the smart contract that they are so proud of is not really something special on this platform.
the supply is HUGE. it has one of the biggest number of coins available and with a simple supply and demand rule the price will always be under constant sell pressure.
the last and the worst but not the least is the centralization. this coin is one of the coins that is completely centralized and everything from the price to the code and the future is being decided by those who control it and can easily be manipulated to their advantage.
it is a pump coin so that is a good point of this coin and that makes it a good investment as long as there is a big pump going on and we can get in early on.

--looking for signature--
nemgun

Activity: 882
Merit: 533

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2017, 11:29:08 AM

I like this kind of post, at least you can have some real informations about general overview of coins development.

BTC : Actually in uncertain track, i don't really know what will happen but i don't think it's status of flagship is bothered by the actual events. The rise of projects like Bitcoin unlimited or classic can lead to ethereum/ethereum classic scenario, it may cause its price to sinck, but his status will never change.

ETH: This project lack of serious development and enhancement, instead of focusing on blockchain services, smart contracts, and off chain transactions, they should enhance the integration capacities of ethereum, and enhance the methods who can be used by their client. Integration is a key element for a project to realise its goals, and they have a lot of work to do. ETC is in a worst condition, especially because of the lack of nodes, they should work on side sollutions for nodes discovery, bootnodes are insuficient, they have also the same problems ETH have.

DASH: Well, the recent market cap rising can be a temporar effect, regardless of the premine, or any ponzy/pyramid scheme, DASH is a blockchain that offers many services, with a vote system, they can either turn to a flagship currency, or to an enormous fiasco depending on the next development steps, they will introduce what most of recent coins offer, built-in web wallet.

XMR: this coin needs enhance methods for wallets management and accounts creation, it remebers me of the early days of ETH, with eth and geth running separatly, using a single binary is essencial for adoption, web wallets are useless for developers/merchants, especially without an API to manage it. They still have a lot of work to catch-up the other currencies.

So, there are many projects out there, the only one who offeres a full set of methods/services is bitcoin, regardless of what will happen (HF, SF, new algo ...) bitcoin will always stay on top of the other coins because it is the most matured project with the largest adoption.
The other crypto currencies must enhance the integration possibilities of their projects, it is essencial for project acceptance and development.
mining1

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 01:54:44 PM

Stopped reading here
ETH: This project lack of serious development and enhancement

Ethereum's programming research and development in blockchain and cryptocurrency is comparable to the industrial revolution. Good or bad, great innovations or learning from one's mystake, what or how things work, how they don't.. well this is where it happens. Blockchain technology is where it is today because of ethereum, dragged the dead weight with it. On top of that, brought mainstream attention from people that actually matter, and not only the attention of average joes ( bitcoin case ).
nemgun

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2017, 03:31:21 PM

Stopped reading here

Ethereum's programming research and development in blockchain and cryptocurrency is comparable to the industrial revolution. Good or bad, great innovations or learning from one's mystake, what or how things work, how they don't.. well this is where it happens. Blockchain technology is where it is today because of ethereum, dragged the dead weight with it. On top of that, brought mainstream attention from people that actually matter, and not only the attention of average joes ( bitcoin case ).

What i mean is, the methods provided by geth/eth are limited, too much limited, they could offer a lot more, you want to develop a blockchain technology ? ok, no problem, you want to make it funny ? it is up to you, but if you create a coin/token with it you should at least provide more ways to use it.
Try to integrate ethereum in a website, and you will understand what i mean. Bitcoin and forks/clones based on him are the easyest coins to integrate, why ? methods.
Check bitcoin adn ethereum Methods, RPC/IPC/console, compare them, and see which one is the easyest to use and the with most features.

This is why i think seriously need to work on methods. Plus, they have a serious node discovery problem, but the devs are more worried about politics to care for their users.
phr0stbyt3

Activity: 672

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 06:41:26 PM

There is a really big difference between all these currencies first of
all the price increase in dash , eth is happening for the first time while bitcoin
has already passed so many tests and it has been through so many obstacles
while eth still has many tests to go as this price growth is surely temporary.
iamnotback

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 06:53:00 PM

Stopped reading here

What i mean is, the methods provided by geth/eth are limited, too much limited, they could offer a lot more, you want to develop a blockchain technology ? ok, no problem, you want to make it funny ? it is up to you, but if you create a coin/token with it you should at least provide more ways to use it.
Try to integrate ethereum in a website, and you will understand what i mean. Bitcoin and forks/clones based on him are the easyest coins to integrate, why ? methods.
Check bitcoin adn ethereum Methods, RPC/IPC/console, compare them, and see which one is the easyest to use and the with most features.

This is why i think seriously need to work on methods. Plus, they have a serious node discovery problem, but the devs are more worried about politics to care for their users.

Bitcoin has more ecosystem advantages in one facet of blockchains, but Ethereum has smart contracts. Ethereum isn't as polished, but it arguably casts a wider influence demographics net.

CounterParty is not a secure design.

Also Bitcoin is bogged down in a HF war involving the major mining cartels. Ethereum is probably going to beat Bitcoin to market in offering payment channel instant transactions.

ETH reached $1.6B mcap in June 2015 when Bitcoin was $3.xB. So minimum upside I see for Ethereum in Q2 is $8 billion mcap. But I think parity with BTC's mcap is now possible and if BTU is killed off and BTC heads up to $2000+ as expected, perhaps ETH will reach $20 - $30billion market cap in 2017 also. So I am considering an upside of 400 - 500% this year as a possibility. With a double or so coming quite soon as a distinct possibility.

Other smaller mcaps may have even more upside, but I don't know which one to choose (roll a dice). XMR was another possible choice (and my angel investor already holds some, as well some of a DAG blockchain).

I am not a long-term bull on ETH. I am hedging. Will reevaluate as the BTU vs. BTC fiasco plays out.
nemgun

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2017, 07:39:53 PM

Stopped reading here

Bitcoin has more ecosystem advantages in one facet of blockchains, but Ethereum has smart contracts. Ethereum isn't as polished, but it arguably casts a wider influence demographics net.

CounterParty is not a secure design.

Also Bitcoin is bogged down in a HF war involving the major mining cartels. Ethereum is probably going to beat Bitcoin to market in offering payment channel instant transactions.

ETH reached $1.6B mcap in June 2015 when Bitcoin was $3.xB. So minimum upside I see for Ethereum in Q2 is $8 billion mcap. But I think parity with BTC's mcap is now possible and if BTU is killed off and BTC heads up to $2000+ as expected, perhaps ETH will reach $20 - $30billion market cap in 2017 also. So I am considering an upside of 400 - 500% this year as a possibility. With a double or so coming quite soon as a distinct possibility.

Other smaller mcaps may have even more upside, but I don't know which one to choose (roll a dice). XMR was another possible choice (and my angel investor already holds some, as well some of a DAG blockchain).

I am not a long-term bull on ETH. I am hedging. Will reevaluate as the BTU vs. BTC fiasco plays out.

I am not talking about market price, i focus more on the code. Smart contract is a great idea, now i would like you to compare these links, don't rush to answer because it is a long task, andi did it :
- https://github.com/ethereum/wiki/wiki/JSON-RPC
- https://github.com/ethereumproject/go-ethereum/wiki/Management-APIs
- https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Original_Bitcoin_client/API_calls_list

And then tell me which one you will use for integration ?
Consider other aspects, more practical, when you run geth, on a VPS/server, you have to use "screen" (or annother program to run it in background) because he always sends the data to console, really annoying, then comes the support, try to ask integration questions, and you will find 0 support, or just a little with clues as answers.
plus, again, node discovery is totally messed, maybe there is no problem eth regarding this point, but etc have a real issue, and some are aleready complaining about the same issue with eth, so i assume it isjust a matter of time.

one of the great things eth did, was to fuse eth and geth even if you can use them separately, geth can be used to manage the node and merchant operations.

Integration | Clarity | User Friendly
These are the basic concepts for any project to achieve its goals (sounds like i am repeating)
Each of the other coins lack of at least one of them, and most lacks of all these elements.
iamnotback

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 07:53:21 PM
Last edit: March 21, 2017, 06:44:18 AM by iamnotback

And then tell me which one you will use for integration ?

Thanks for sharing the conclusions of your detailed study. Yeah you're right I've never looked at those integration issues.

Okay but I had already agreed with you that Bitcoin is more polished in some facets. But I am talking big picture concepts and you are talking about details. Vitalik is not the kind of guy you put in charge of the details (and I don't know to what extent he has delegated management of all the fine grained details). He is too busy blazing new trails and doing important research.

Ethereum is the more experimentative and novel ecosystem. It is not yet the refined ecosystem.

I am a programmer and I like good APIs. But good APIs require a lot of painstaking effort by focused designers. Bitcoin has that. For example, Gmaxwell is afaik German.

Vitalik is Russian. Russians are known for their algorithm twists of genius. Vitalik displays precisely that sort of attitude and interest. He is always creating an abstract model of everything he studies. I have watched him in videos and observed him doing this live in real time.

I have German ancestry but also Welsh, French, and Cherokee native American tribe.

Leaders bring different personalities and priority skills sets. Bitcoin is clearly the more tightly engineered ecosystem.

It is very, very difficult for one company or project to do all facets at the same level of excellence. Maybe for a major corporation such as Facebook or Google, but even Google has stumbled so many times and has shut down so many services and stranded former users of those services. And some of Google's APIs have sucked. It is difficult to keep every facet perfect when rushing to do many experiments.

Bitcoin I think has more top-notch methodical engineering types than Ethereum does. Ethereum's contributors seem to be much more out-of-the-box type personalities (also quite young and perhaps inexperienced) of what I remember about the coders I've seen in the videos.

JavaScript's ecosystem is a nightmare of chaotic experimentation with millions of confusing choices on npmjs. We even now have incompatible module formats competing with each other, and other examples of disorder.

Experimentation is messy. Orderly ordiness is sclerotic.
n691309
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 11:01:07 PM

1) Any main differences within them and what's their best strength against each other?

2) As i know block time for BTC is averaging at 10 minute and recently if you sent not enough fees your transaction takes really long time.
I remember i read an article about ETH transaction just take within 15 seconds and the opposite will receive, is that true? I only uses BTC to transact.
How about Dash?

Thanks!

ETH transaction are more "dynamically" as they get confirmed much faster than bitcoin and here is an advantage of ethereum comparing with bitcoin, the block time is shorter than bitcoin. ETH is also a platform where other altcoins operate into the ETHereum platform and these are known as tokens which I think affect the block explorer and confirmation time because if we want to make a token(other altcoins) transaction then we should have "gas" which is ethereum.
Rahar02

Activity: 910
Merit: 523

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 11:31:23 PM

Bitcoin:
and a lot more.

Dash:

ETH:
it is a pump coin so that is a good point of this coin and that makes it a good investment as long as there is a big pump going on and we can get in early on.
No one could tell without any knowledge about it, I can't state about dash or ethereum as I just stick to bitcoin so far.
What I observe is the price of these coins, how fast dash and ethereum growing while we know bitcoin stuck somewhere and can't move any further since the problem still unsolved. Another thing I notice : ethereum has been around for years and proven as good coin, it is reliable coin which offers good idea of course. Dash coin still unclear for me due to so many people said it is a scam project, but the price seems pretty high right now, so tempting.
JeffBrad12

Activity: 2758
Merit: 522

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 12:31:22 AM

I use mainly ethereum to make payments.

very interesting.
can you please share a couple of "payments" that you made with ethereum with us?

I am not looking for transactions but I am interested to see those merchants or services that you made payments to. can you introduce me to at least 5 of them?
That's having a lot of the means. There is no store was accept the ethereum coin in this time and it almost true, No one.

2) As i know block time for BTC is averaging at 10 minute and recently if you sent not enough fees your transaction takes really long time.
I remember i read an article about ETH transaction just take within 15 seconds and the opposite will receive, is that true? I only uses BTC to transact.
How about Dash?

Thanks!
The average time of the blocksize of bitcoin is 10 - 15 minutes. and based on my experience the ethereum transaction will take a minute or more to get delivered. I can't say the article was having high accuracy. 
The dash coin will take some minutes for your transaction to get delivered.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 04:41:25 AM

you guys keep praising Ethereum and its features and claim it is good and the reason for the rise.

did you know Lisk is doing the same thing but much easier, much more efficiently and it does it with JavaScript which is so much better and more multi platform-friendly Smiley

do you know why Lisk price is low! because these features you keep claiming to be good and useful is not being used by anyone and probably nobody is going to use it in the future either. well apart from making another DAO on ethereum and make shitloads of money and cause another ETH/ET.. fork

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
iamnotback

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 06:51:39 AM

did you know Lisk is doing the same thing but much easier, much more efficiently

No we don't know that. Afaik, their marketing sucks. Never hear anything. The last I heard was when Charles Hoskinson made a video explaining that the Lisk devs had raised a lot of money but were technically and managerially incompetent.

Lisk, Waves, and Rise were ICO'ed at a very opportune time when ICO fever was at its maximum. So some incompetent groups were able to raise $millions.

and it does it with JavaScript which is so much better and more multi platform-friendly Smiley

JavaScript also has some tradeoffs.

do you know why Lisk price is low!

Because copycoins suck. Vitalik is the leader of the innovation on Turing-complete blockchains. No genius developer from Lisk has been able to show on YouTube that he is of the same caliber.

Lisk hasn't innovated much. They take Dan Larimer (Bitshares') Graphene/DPoS and marry it to JavaScript and think they've done something important. It is basically just copying the leaders, while the leaders continue to innovate. If DPoS was a decentralized or even exciting solution, then Vitalik could have adopted it. Instead Vitalik has attempted to continue to innovate with Casper (although I think he and Vlad have failed to attain any significant breakthrough with Casper).
nemgun

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2017, 10:54:37 AM

Thanks for sharing the conclusions of your detailed study. Yeah you're right I've never looked at those integration issues.

Okay but I had already agreed with you that Bitcoin is more polished in some facets. But I am talking big picture concepts and you are talking about details. Vitalik is not the kind of guy you put in charge of the details (and I don't know to what extent he has delegated management of all the fine grained details). He is too busy blazing new trails and doing important research.

Ethereum is the more experimentative and novel ecosystem. It is not yet the refined ecosystem.

I am a programmer and I like good APIs. But good APIs require a lot of painstaking effort by focused designers. Bitcoin has that. For example, Gmaxwell is afaik German.

Vitalik is Russian. Russians are known for their algorithm twists of genius. Vitalik displays precisely that sort of attitude and interest. He is always creating an abstract model of everything he studies. I have watched him in videos and observed him doing this live in real time.

I have German ancestry but also Welsh, French, and Cherokee native American tribe.

Leaders bring different personalities and priority skills sets. Bitcoin is clearly the more tightly engineered ecosystem.

I agree with you, each developer have his own way of working, personally i am straight forward, and try to be as specific as possible in my code.

It is very, very difficult for one company or project to do all facets at the same level of excellence. Maybe for a major corporation such as Facebook or Google, but even Google has stumbled so many times and has shut down so many services and stranded former users of those services. And some of Google's APIs have sucked. It is difficult to keep every facet perfect when rushing to do many experiments.

Agree also, but with a good organisation and segmentation, projects can develop every facet, in this point, Bitcoin have an enormous advantage as anyone can comme and work on it, so if i don't like the layout of bitcoin-qt, i can change it, offer it to the community.

Bitcoin I think has more top-notch methodical engineering types than Ethereum does. Ethereum's contributors seem to be much more out-of-the-box type personalities (also quite young and perhaps inexperienced) of what I remember about the coders I've seen in the videos.

Maybe, but i don't think age is a problem, nor the lack of experience, i think they lack of global vision because this is what lets you thinking on other facets of a project, things might look perfect for the developers, but usually, we always omit parts of the project, this is why it is important to provide support to new users/early adopters, as they bring new ideas and point to perninent issues omited by devs.

JavaScript's ecosystem is a nightmare of chaotic experimentation with millions of confusing choices on npmjs. We even now have incompatible module formats competing with each other, and other examples of disorder.

You know, i am a supporter of JavaScript, i like to use NodeJS, i believe it brings new features with amazing capabilities. the problem you are pointing to is that because of nodejs, webDevs are now considered as Devs, because JS is turning to a Machine Language, this is why there are so much concurring packages, but maybe it is not that bad, at least we have a large pannel of solutions.

Experimentation is messy. Orderly ordiness is sclerotic.

Experimentation is great, as long at it is contained into a sandbox environment, it is one of the points i don't agree on with ethereum, they released and experiment and attributed a value to its token, basically people invest on experiment. It can radically change at any moment, and the usage of javascript in the console is just irrelevant because of the JSON interface.

you guys keep praising Ethereum and its features and claim it is good and the reason for the rise.

did you know Lisk is doing the same thing but much easier, much more efficiently and it does it with JavaScript which is so much better and more multi platform-friendly Smiley

do you know why Lisk price is low! because these features you keep claiming to be good and useful is not being used by anyone and probably nobody is going to use it in the future either. well apart from making another DAO on ethereum and make shitloads of money and cause another ETH/ET.. fork

Lisk is a great project, and i really believe they are a serious competitor to Bitcoin, have a look at this list goregeous API : https://github.com/LiskHQ/lisk-wiki/wiki/Lisk-API-Reference
Everything you need is here, their support is awesome, i talked with them on slack and asked for some support, who answered ? the CEO, this is a great approach to users. I follow them closely because i know they will realise great things if they keep moving the way they are doing.

@iamnotback you should have a look at Lisk, and try playing with their API, it is based on javascript too, they built it on nodeJS, with PostgreSQL (leveldb for bitcoin), regardless of the built-in web wallet (which is not really necessary).

did you know Lisk is doing the same thing but much easier, much more efficiently

No we don't know that. Afaik, their marketing sucks. Never hear anything. The last I heard was when Charles Hoskinson made a video explaining that the Lisk devs had raised a lot of money but were technically and managerially incompetent.

Lisk, Waves, and Rise were ICO'ed at a very opportune time when ICO fever was at its maximum. So some incompetent groups were able to raise $millions.

and it does it with JavaScript which is so much better and more multi platform-friendly Smiley

JavaScript also has some tradeoffs.

do you know why Lisk price is low!

Because copycoins suck. Vitalik is the leader of the innovation on Turing-complete blockchains. No genius developer from Lisk has been able to show on YouTube that he is of the same caliber.

Lisk hasn't innovated much. They take Dan Larimer (Bitshares') Graphene/DPoS and marry it to JavaScript and think they've done something important. It is basically just copying the leaders, while the leaders continue to innovate. If DPoS was a decentralized or even exciting solution, then Vitalik could have adopted it. Instead Vitalik has attempted to continue to innovate with Casper (although I think he and Vlad have failed to attain any significant breakthrough with Casper).

I agree specifically on the last point, Lisk, Waves, Rise are comming from the same guys, i am sure about that even if i don't really have proofs.
I don't think Waves have real chances, but lisk yes, again, look at the API documentation, they will go far.
I am not the kind of user who judges a project because it can be integrated, many aspects have to be taken in count, and "multi-platform" isn't an argument at all, it is made with JS.
dandyone

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 01:02:52 PM

How about Dash?

Thanks!
The average time of the blocksize of bitcoin is 10 - 15 minutes. and based on my experience the ethereum transaction will take a minute or more to get delivered. I can't say the article was having high accuracy. 
The dash coin will take some minutes for your transaction to get delivered.
If you pay a little higher fee and use Dash instant send, then the transaction is confirmed in 2 seconds or less.
Erinn Roe

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 01:31:47 PM

My point of you ETH is good wat u say guys ?
york780

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 07:27:27 PM

No.

ETH is ;

- centralized
- premined
- banking smell
- no COIN, its a PLATFORM for blockchain projects like Augur

So dont buy it, even if its rising

Buy bitcoin.
mining1

Activity: 532

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 08:29:09 PM

@erinn roe you really don't ask that question here. You have to read about these projects yourself. The guy that posted before me is clearly not the brightest guy in the room, so attempt to read a bit about these projects, what they try to do and so on.
ridery99

Activity: 616

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 08:46:17 PM

Bitcoin = past
dash, eth = future
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: