Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 02:41:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Lets Kill this Paypal Reversible Scam! Look here!  (Read 7316 times)
CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1078

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2013, 03:31:01 PM

I'm in SEA now, and I do pay for those stuff too. What's wrong with the region?  Huh

I didn't say anything was *wrong* - just that copyright and patents are not so important in much of it (not a bad thing IMO).

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Blazr

Activity: 882
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 04:01:18 PM

Yep. Freelancers get hit with chargebacks as well, its still considered an intangible good, if there is no tracking number then the chances are a chargeback will be successful.

Cryptonics

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2013, 05:48:32 PM

OP - is that a US paypal?
roybitcoin

Activity: 33

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 09:36:02 PM

Hi,

Today I buy just 2BTCs for test the localbitcoins.com network and I used Paypal; the only thing asked by the seller was my Paypal account were verified and pay the fee for international purchase (8%). Fast and easy I got my first 2BTCs.

Just search a seller who accept PayPal.
Malawi

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

One bitcoin to rule them all!

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 09:57:02 PM

Just do some searching and you'll see paypal will reverse *anything* for *anyone* (it is their basic principle to protect the buyer and not care about the seller - and especially if the seller is some nobody to them).

As suggested *forget about paypal* and enjoy Bitcoin.

When I bought what I thought was a legitimate WIN7 ultimate, which turned out to be a fake, it was not an easy task to get a refound.

Might have been that I flat out refused to return the counterfeit item (still got it).

-I had to provide proof in the form of pictures and referals from Microsoft before I finally got a refound. And then I think it really was the seller who caved in(MS did not care too much either.). To bad I'm not a rich man, cause then I would have turned up at his home adress with some goons. Wink

BitCoin is NOT a pyramid - it's a pagoda.
QuantPlus

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 09:58:46 PM

any input Blazr? CIYAM Open? KWH? DeathAndTaxes?

To learn all about the concept of risk...
Why don't you just mail cash to your new friends...
And they will promise to send you BTC.
Wardrick
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 10:07:35 PM

Everytime you're dealing with Paypal on a regular basis you're going to get hit with these kinds of scams. It always happens, there's no way around it.

Here are the steps you follow to win every dispute. This is when you're dealing with virtual currencies.

1) Get an email from the person who is buying the item from there VERIFIED Paypal email address. What you want them to include is a filled out order form, you will send this from your REGISTERED paypal email.

Include all the item specifics. So say if you are going to be selling someone a Bitcoin, the order form would look something like this. You can also give them a random order # which will just add onto the evidence.

Product:
Bitcoin Address:
Amount of Purchase:
Is this purchase for Bitcoins (y/n):

2) If you can you need to get some other form of proof such as ID or there phone # attached to the Paypal account. You call the number and ask if they're okay with the payment and you're just making sure etc.

3) Screenshot all the chat logs and your transaction being sent to the BTC address

4) If they reverse the payment upload all the screenshots and information to Paypal Resolution center

I've had disputes filed against me three or four times and using these methods I have won all of them.
fwho

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 10:20:43 PM

Everytime you're dealing with Paypal on a regular basis you're going to get hit with these kinds of scams. It always happens, there's no way around it.

Here are the steps you follow to win every dispute. This is when you're dealing with virtual currencies.

1) Get an email from the person who is buying the item from there VERIFIED Paypal email address. What you want them to include is a filled out order form, you will send this from your REGISTERED paypal email.

Include all the item specifics. So say if you are going to be selling someone a Bitcoin, the order form would look something like this. You can also give them a random order # which will just add onto the evidence.

Product:
Bitcoin Address:
Amount of Purchase:

2) If you can you need to get some other form of proof such as ID or there phone # attached to the Paypal account. You call the number and ask if they're okay with the payment and you're just making sure etc.

3) Screenshot all the chat logs and your transaction being sent to the BTC address

4) If they reverse the payment upload all the screenshots and information to Paypal Resolution center

I've had disputes filed against me three or four times and using these methods I have won all of them.

I hope you are getting a nice premium on those coins, cause I probably wouldnt do that.
Sell coins, PayPal > Bank - 3 days. Bank > Dwolla - 3 days. Buy coins. A lot can happen with BTC in 6 days.
Then you are still at risk, even if you won every other time. Plus, that is a lot of work just to hopefully be able to prove a legit purchase.
Blazr

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 10:33:00 PM

Product:
Bitcoin Address:
Amount of Purchase:

If they dispute the charge with the credit card company, you will loose. If the account is hacked/stolen, you will loose.

Wardrick
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 10:37:01 PM

Product:
Bitcoin Address:
Amount of Purchase:

If they dispute the charge with the credit card company, you will loose. If the account is hacked/stolen, you will loose.

I've won them even when they dispute with there CC company. What I do is designed to weed out hacked/stolen paypal accounts. Obviously someone using a hacked/stolen Paypal account wouldn't be able to provide that kind of Info.
Wardrick
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 10:39:15 PM

Product:
Bitcoin Address:
Amount of Purchase:

I hope you are getting a nice premium on those coins, cause I probably wouldnt do that.
Sell coins, PayPal > Bank - 3 days. Bank > Dwolla - 3 days. Buy coins. A lot can happen with BTC in 6 days.
Then you are still at risk, even if you won every other time. Plus, that is a lot of work just to hopefully be able to prove a legit purchase.

Not really, it takes like 30 seconds to send an email and another 30 seconds to call there registered phone # or to ask for ID. Screenshots take about 30 seconds. That's what you have to do if you want to use Paypal, unless you can find an easier way, let me know.
Blazr

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 10:42:41 PM

I've won them even when they dispute with there CC company. What I do is designed to weed out hacked/stolen paypal accounts. Obviously someone using a hacked/stolen Paypal account wouldn't be able to provide that kind of Info.

Well then you are extremely lucky, I've had disputes filed over physical goods that were ordered with a stolen CC via PayPal and still lost even though I had tracking info etc. If the CC company take back the funds, your SOL, PayPal aren't going to pay you out of their pocket.

Wardrick
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 10:49:03 PM

Well then you are extremely lucky, I've had disputes filed over physical goods that were ordered with a stolen CC via PayPal and still lost even though I had tracking info etc. If the CC company take back the funds, your SOL, PayPal aren't going to pay you out of their pocket.

Yeah that's why I follow those steps to weed out the people using hacked/stolen Paypal accounts and CC's.
18RATTT (OP)

Activity: 282

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 03:31:39 PM

yes i use US paypal, its linked to my Bank of America account (CA branch).

Cryptonics

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2013, 07:22:30 PM

yes i use US paypal, its linked to my Bank of America account (CA branch).

I'll get you BTC if you can send money by western union or Xoom. US paypal can be used in both the cases, I think.
18RATTT (OP)

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 08:54:23 PM

guys, check this out.

paypal for paying goods and services (covered with BUYER PROTECTION)

paypal for sending money to friend or family as a gift (no BUYER protection)

does this seems reasonable?

sublime5447
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 09:07:00 PM

The forum is all a bunch of retards when it comes to paypal I sell for paypal everyday and have for 11 months and have sold tons of coins on ebay too. It is VERY VERY easy to get fucked, but I have had a total of 2 charge backs both for small amounts. If you do it right you can sell for paypal without a bunch of bullshit. Everyone here hates on it and hates on it and this and that, but I like paypal it is my prefered payment method it is not 100 percent but the way I do it fucking works!

Look at the source when these hero members tell you paypal is the devil, they have a financial incentive to keep people with limited access to coins. There is a safety concern but just be diligent and learn the risks, then but a process in place that prevents them.   
18RATTT (OP)

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 09:10:37 PM

The forum is all a bunch of retards when it comes to paypal I sell for paypal everyday and have for 11 months and have sold tons of coins on ebay too. It is VERY VERY easy to get fucked, but I have had a total of 2 charge backs both for small amounts. If you do it right you can sell for paypal without a bunch of bullshit. Everyone here hates on it and hates on it and this and that, but I like paypal it is my prefered payment method it is not 100 percent but the way I do it fucking works!

Look at the source when these hero members tell you paypal is the devil, they have a financial incentive to keep people with limited access to coins. There is a safety concern but just be diligent and learn the risks, then but a process in place that prevents them.   
+100
QFT

sublime5447
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 09:31:20 PM

Traded with 18RATT, his paypal usd for my ltc all went smoothly after we got on the same page about limits.
Thanks
Cryptonics

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2013, 09:49:36 PM

I've been doing business using Paypal for about 7 years now. I say that Paypal is not my preferred payment method not just because of the chargebacks and totally buyer friendly nature. But I've had terrible nightmares when contacting their customer care and talking with the representatives. I was/am selling SEO services on my websites. Even with the dispute team, trying to make them understand that I'm only selling virtual item and no actual shipping is possible, they just dont heed to the seller, whatsoever. In all these years, I've had few many chargebacks, not because of the service I was providing, but mostly because of the nature of payments made (hacked accounts, unauthorized transactions.. you name it, they have it). Every time you call them up to explain your situation, they simply turn you down with a robotic 'buyer is right' message. I've lost quite a chunk of money because of these chargebacks and buyer initiated disputes. If you still havent had any problem with Paypal, well, wait until you get one. I'm sure every dog has its day, especially with Paypal. They simply love fcuking those innocent small businesses. I'm not a kid to have used Paypal for a few weeks and then to start whining about them. My business account's history and transactions speaks for how much they've earned as fees, from the transactions I've done. I was/am waiting for that day when Paypal goes down. And I really hope that BTC is 'the one' to take 'em down.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: