Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:30:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ApopheniaBTC - Bet and solve the challenges to win BTC.  (Read 58184 times)
GrandmaJean

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 04:46:57 PM

The last one is too hard to predict without any hint. It doesn't look alike anything.
the picture will be more clear after a few hours i think thats the point of the game im pretty sure thats why its interesting

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 06:57:30 PM

The last one is too hard to predict without any hint. It doesn't look alike anything.

Looks like someone against a wall... wouldn't know how to classify it/shorten that though.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
ingiltere
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1485

Rollbit.com Crypto Futures

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 02:16:39 AM

Looks like someone against a wall... wouldn't know how to classify it/shorten that though.

It looks like Dragon Ball Z hair to me. Cheesy Cheesy
Still 134 hours and I have no clue. Let's wait and see.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Tritonio (OP)

Activity: 640
Merit: 500

Vanity of vanities; all is vanity...

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 09:16:58 AM

The programming/math puzzles idea is nice although it's quite different from what apophenia is so it would probably be a sister website. It's more hard to create those puzzles and the betting model would also need to be different most likely. I'll give it some thought... ;-)

The last one shouldn't be too hard I think btw, that's why I left it hintless. :-) It will get clear soon enough.

Here's the picture btw:

98problems

Activity: 364

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 10:49:02 AM

cant wait for other type of puzzles it would surely attract much more players to your game if you would decide to add it

kevindurant

Activity: 546

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 11:11:24 AM

The programming/math puzzles idea is nice although it's quite different from what apophenia is so it would probably be a sister website. It's more hard to create those puzzles and the betting model would also need to be different most likely. I'll give it some thought... ;-)

The last one shouldn't be too hard I think btw, that's why I left it hintless. :-) It will get clear soon enough.

Do we have to wait same image for 6-7 days? Can you put more puzzles at the same time?

apriyani420

Activity: 406

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 11:20:23 AM

Do we have to wait same image for 6-7 days? Can you put more puzzles at the same time?
well i guess it would be too big of a loss for him, people usually dont guess if they dont know the image and the prize is usually much bigger than the bet

kevindurant

Activity: 546

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 11:45:54 AM

well i guess it would be too big of a loss for him, people usually dont guess if they dont know the image and the prize is usually much bigger than the bet

But this way money flow is so slow. Players have to wait and play only 1 puzzle every week.

GrandmaJean

Activity: 280

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 12:36:57 PM

But this way money flow is so slow. Players have to wait and play only 1 puzzle every week.
well you are right it would be cool if he could add more pictures to guess as i dont have luck hitting anything
Enzyme

Activity: 420

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 07:37:09 AM

Damn, I want to try this but by the time the puzzle ends, I'll have forgotten about it.
Put simply, the pots are too long with too little funds.

Maybe an instant payment option could be implemented?
dukeneptun
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 10:57:59 AM

It's still too hard. One person tried gazebo but it's false. Still 53 hours left and I have no clue.
I wish you put another puzzle, waiting 1 week for same puzzle is not good.
FrueGreads
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1059

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 11:09:57 AM

Loved the idea, you could have more puzzles at the same time though. Also have you considered an option with a more fast paced game?
Something like this. You would play aggainst other players in real time, probably 1on1 would be best.

A blurred image would come out, and maybe 4 option would appear at the bottom. The image would start going more nitid and the fastest one to guess the correct image would win (only one option allowed), so if you press to soon and get it wrong the other player would win (so it would be about skill and not luck, but more on the arcade mode side xD).

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

Tritonio (OP)

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 10:44:51 AM

I wish you put another puzzle, waiting 1 week for same puzzle is not good.

Well I should add more pictures instead of picking up the pace actually because I've had complaints about the picture getting clear while someone is sleeping etc.

Also have you considered an option with a more fast paced game?
Something like this. You would play aggainst other players in real time, probably 1on1 would be best.

Yeah, the could take turns guessing and the picture gets slightly clearer after each guess. Maybe give them maximum 24 hours to make a guess or they loose it. Maybe they loose their turn twice if they delay. And maybe they could have the option to pass their turn once every two turns or something. Yeah I can work on that!

Regarding the more real-time I'm a bit hesitant to force it into a real time game. What I propose above could turn into real-time if both players want to though. ;-) What do you think?
FrueGreads
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1059

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 11:39:19 AM

Also have you considered an option with a more fast paced game?

Yeah, the could take turns guessing and the picture gets slightly clearer after each guess. Maybe give them maximum 24 hours to make a guess or they loose it. Maybe they loose their turn twice if they delay. And maybe they could have the option to pass their turn once every two turns or something. Yeah I can work on that!

Regarding the more real-time I'm a bit hesitant to force it into a real time game. What I propose above could turn into real-time if both players want to though. ;-) What do you think?

Yep that will work to. I thought about the other idea because I play something similar, but in a console, so it's practical, but on a web site your idea would work better. It would give more time for people to be able to play the game according to their own schedule, but still more paced than your classic mode, and with more emphasis on competing against another player.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

bitcoin567

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 11:41:03 AM

can i ask you how you get profit from it if you actually pay people from your wallet for it as you want to add even more of it?
Zz
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1077

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 11:51:58 AM

can i ask you how you get profit from it if you actually pay people from your wallet for it as you want to add even more of it?

If you don't solve the puzzle your money is gone. That's how site owner make money.
Tritonio (OP)

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 11:55:07 AM

Well, I don't make profit from it, yet. If I start making profit I will obviously stop advertising this as >150% RTP. :-) Now if the question is why I keep doing it, it's for a few reasons:

1. I think that if I can attract more people to it, it will start making a profit so it's worth loosing some money now rather than letting it die. The break even point for a challenge is something like 8-12 bets if I remember correctly. If more than these many bets are places, I'm making a profit from this picture.
2. My losses are not big, I can definitely cover them. I mean paying for my server is more expensive than what I loose for prizes in Apophenia so it's OK.
3. Ads cover a (small) part of the costs.
4. Ideas like the one in the posts above, when implemented will cut my losses.

If you don't solve the puzzle your money is gone. That's how site owner make money.
Actually, that's not true. In the very rare cases when a picture was not solved, the remaining money in the pot is transfered to the starting pot of the next challenge. This is stated in my ToS/Fees I believe.
Zz
Legendary

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 11:57:45 AM

Actually, that's not true. In the very rare cases when a picture was not solved, the remaining money in the pot is transfered to the starting pot of the next challenge. This is stated in my ToS/Fees I believe.

But when someone know your puzzle you got others btc who put wrong answers, right?
Tritonio (OP)

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 12:12:02 PM

But when someone know your puzzle you got others btc who put wrong answers, right?

Not exactly.

For each challenge I put from my wallet a starting pot.

People have to bet to place answers.

About 60% of their bet goes to the pot, the other 40% goes to my wallet.

When someone gets the answer right, the whole pot (the starting pot + those 60% of each bet places till then) gets sent to the winner.

Also the starting pot is 4 times the bet.

So to math it up:

B = bet
S = starting pot

S=4*B

After X bets my earnings are:

X*B*40%

And I've already paid for the starting pot:

4*B

So to break even for a picture I need:

X*B*40%=4*B
X*40%=4
X*0.4=4
X=4/0.4
X=10

I need 10 bets to be placed just to get back my money that I lost for the starting pot.

For each bet after the 10th, i'm making a profit.

Of course there are a few more factors that you need to take into account but they are trivial. For example I give out 5% of my earnings to the referral of the winner. So I don't get to keep exactly 40% of the bets. But on the other hand I earn some money from ads etc. And I also loose some money for the domain and the certificate so I guess it's quite more complex but in any case I consider 10 bets to be my break even point. :-)

You can read the ToS, Fees and the other help sections if you'd like to learn more. Or just ask of course.
Zz
Legendary

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 12:17:15 PM

Wow, then how could you think to make money when there are only few challengers in your site? That's very hard with these contestant number. You should do something more to earn more profit. This site has a unique puzzle in BTC community.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  

Jump to: