Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:24:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: This is going to be good for Bitcoin some day, HODL  (Read 1575 times)
hector3115 (OP)

Activity: 481
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 07:19:11 PM

As much as it does hurt now, I do think this is best for Bitcoin long term.  The two sides are too far apart on scaling.  Consensus will not happen and it will fork it seems. 

Now here's the good news.  We will be issued coins of the forked off chain as well.  So you can hold both and see which one wins out. 

Now with the BU people gone from the current chain, segwit and lightning will go through with ease and BU will have their bigger blocks and faster transaction times.  We will see which one people gravitate to and that chain will win and become stronger than ever.

This is the natural progression that BTC will have to go through to grow.  Its the way it was designed. 

And ETH and DASH and all the other crap would be so lucky if they had to deal with this one day.  This being an issue for Bitcoin is a sign of success.

HODL!  Who ever thought this shit would be easy?

BUY CRYPTO AT REASONABLE RATES
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████ ▄█▄ ██████
██████ █████ ██████
█████ ▄ ███ ▄ █████
████▌▐██ █ ██▌▐████
███▄ ▀▀▌ ▐▀▀ ▄███
▀████▄▄ ▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
topper26

Activity: 165
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 07:24:20 PM

Right.
Consider this a buying opportunity for some cheap coins.
Investing in bitcoin is not for the weak of heart.
Buy and hodl on!
NUFCrichard
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 08:13:07 PM

Do people ever suggest anything but hold?

Here is an alternate idea, Bitcoin forks, we all have some new Bitcoin unlimited and some Bitcoin core. It gets that bit more complicated for everyone to use and understand.  People who didn't want to have alts now do have and alt.

Trust in Bitcoin is lost as once it forks once, it could again, and again. People decide that it is safer to cash out. The price of both Bitcoins fall and everyone is a loser. As BU exists segwit isn't needed, so we have one massive blockchain and one smaller very limited one.  It will hardly draw in new users will it!

When someone decides to try out Bitcoin in the future they will be asked if they want BU or core. They will ask what the difference is and why there are two, get bored and leave it alone. I wouldn't blame them either.
alexeft
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 08:38:20 PM

Here is an alternate idea, Bitcoin forks, we all have some new Bitcoin unlimited and some Bitcoin core. It gets that bit more complicated for everyone to use and understand.  People who didn't want to have alts now do have and alt.

Trust in Bitcoin is lost as once it forks once, it could again, and again. People decide that it is safer to cash out. The price of both Bitcoins fall and everyone is a loser. As BU exists segwit isn't needed, so we have one massive blockchain and one smaller very limited one.  It will hardly draw in new users will it!

When someone decides to try out Bitcoin in the future they will be asked if they want BU or core. They will ask what the difference is and why there are two, get bored and leave it alone. I wouldn't blame them either.

Oh well, we always knew that bitcoin can fork again and again and again! Or did we?  Wink

Hodl
Cashew

Activity: 391
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 09:05:11 PM

This could happen, but people wondering that it could happen in the future would those that provoqued the hardfork, since people not supporting the secession are still on the main chain and do not have to wonder what is happening to Bitcoin Unlimited fools.
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 09:11:42 PM

This is the natural progression that BTC will have to go through to grow.  Its the way it was designed.  

And ETH and DASH and all the other crap would be so lucky if they had to deal with this one day.  This being an issue for Bitcoin is a sign of success.

HODL!  Who ever thought this shit would be easy?

too many people here treat it like a computer program when they're theorising but in reality the money thing comes first by a country mile. the most important thing with money is faith, even more so with something that's backed only by mutual agreement.

disagreement is there but it's on the fringes while the actual subject hums along just fine. if that disagreement actually screws with the day to day operation of all this then i don't think there's any coming back from it.
user27

Activity: 266

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 09:20:28 PM

Good time to do some trading imo, not necessarily holding.

But yeah, long term bitcoin is still bullish for me.

cpfreeplz
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1042

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 09:21:08 PM

This is the natural progression that BTC will have to go through to grow.  Its the way it was designed.  

And ETH and DASH and all the other crap would be so lucky if they had to deal with this one day.  This being an issue for Bitcoin is a sign of success.

HODL!  Who ever thought this shit would be easy?

too many people here treat it like a computer program when they're theorising but in reality the money thing comes first by a country mile. the most important thing with money is faith, even more so with something that's backed only by mutual agreement.

disagreement is there but it's on the fringes while the actual subject hums along just fine. if that disagreement actually screws with the day to day operation of all this then i don't think there's any coming back from it.

Yep, either way you and I agree that bitcoins are money (a few other people here agree it seems) so there will always be value. The only risk is that the value is higher or lower.

A fork wouldn't be the end of the world so I'm not sure why people think it's such a big deal that they need to sell bitcoins.
Bitmore

Activity: 413
Merit: 100

https://eloncity.io/

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 09:30:28 PM

Right.
Consider this a buying opportunity for some cheap coins.
Investing in bitcoin is not for the weak of heart.
Buy and hodl on!

No guts no glory!

HODLING!!!!

hector3115 (OP)

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 09:39:59 PM

This is bitcoin's civil war and after a lot of blood is spilled, we'll be stronger in the end.

Kids will read about us hodlers in the history books!

▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████ ▄█▄ ██████
██████ █████ ██████
█████ ▄ ███ ▄ █████
████▌▐██ █ ██▌▐████
███▄ ▀▀▌ ▐▀▀ ▄███
▀████▄▄ ▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
mol76

Activity: 100
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 09:53:23 PM

I wish to see you above 1000$ again!! Embarrassed
Yuuto

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 10:04:46 PM

As much as it does hurt now, I do think this is best for Bitcoin long term.  The two sides are too far apart on scaling.  Consensus will not happen and it will fork it seems. 

Now here's the good news.  We will be issued coins of the forked off chain as well.  So you can hold both and see which one wins out. 

Now with the BU people gone from the current chain, segwit and lightning will go through with ease and BU will have their bigger blocks and faster transaction times.  We will see which one people gravitate to and that chain will win and become stronger than ever.

This is the natural progression that BTC will have to go through to grow.  Its the way it was designed. 

And ETH and DASH and all the other crap would be so lucky if they had to deal with this one day.  This being an issue for Bitcoin is a sign of success.

HODL!  Who ever thought this shit would be easy?

Still confused why people are still getting into dash when it's value is obviously highly inflated?

We simply do not see bitcoin at a sub-$1k levels that much any more. Right now bitcoin is at $980 or even less on some exchanges. I think it is a good time to buy in even though there is all this negativity about the hard fork.

There will be some day where the hard fork question will be solved, and that will be when BTC rises like a rocket.

I'm saving my coins in a cold storage wallet.
kwukduck
Legendary

Activity: 1937
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 10:15:20 PM

If core adopts segwit,  how is that good?

Hey look we have this super complex code that people barely understand and gives the blockstream corporation and banksters direct control over bitcoin, let's adopt that!

There is no good way for this to end really.

For a long time i believed it wasn't too late yet.
Now i realize i was just fooling myself, the solution should have been coded and implemented years ago by the devs that still cared about code and economic freedom. Not by the banks and corporations taking over bitcoin now.

14b8PdeWLqK3yi3PrNHMmCvSmvDEKEBh3E
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 10:17:44 PM

Still confused why people are still getting into dash when it's value is obviously highly inflated?

because that's what normal people do. they're the very last to get on the hype train and they're the ones who feed the people who created it.

where were the people asking about bitcoin when it was stuck at $250 or xmr when it was 25 cents? they thought it was a dud because there wasn't enough hype. this attitude is as old as humans themselves and it'll never change.
alexeft
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 11:21:39 PM

It seems that BU nodes are rapidly becoming less and less!

Have a look http://xtnodes.com/#bitcoin_unlimited
xypos

Activity: 532

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 11:36:41 PM

I already cashed my bitcoins out near the ATH so right now i'm fine with the way things are going... The more drop the better.

When the price drops to a level that is around $700, i'll be able to buy in cheap coins at the price level of last year, which is great. No matter how low it drops there is going to be people buying in at that level, including me.

Remember don't always follow the crowd.

The crowd is full of emotions and hype. When it rises everyone shouts "bitcoin is great" "long live bitcoin" and when it drops everyone says "bitcoin is dead".

That process has gone on for the entire 9 years bitcoin has been in existence.
hase0278

Activity: 882
Merit: 544

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 12:25:27 AM

I already cashed my bitcoins out near the ATH so right now i'm fine with the way things are going... The more drop the better.

When the price drops to a level that is around $700, i'll be able to buy in cheap coins at the price level of last year, which is great. No matter how low it drops there is going to be people buying in at that level, including me.

Remember don't always follow the crowd.

The crowd is full of emotions and hype. When it rises everyone shouts "bitcoin is great" "long live bitcoin" and when it drops everyone says "bitcoin is dead".

That process has gone on for the entire 9 years bitcoin has been in existence.
Simply put buy if you want sell if you want too right? Its good for you that you have sold near the ATH. For now I too will wait for the levels that is around 700$ to rebuy again since it is high right now for me. I will just also hold the coins I have remaining trusting that bitcoin will go up again. I just hope that history won't repeat itself now because if it did, it will drop more until it drops to a very low price.
hector3115 (OP)

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 12:29:53 AM

The only problem with trading around with Bitcoin is you can get caught and miss big gains. 

What if some news comes out the jihan Wu is waving the white flag and is talking to core about a compromise?

Price would shoot up $500 in a matter of minutes and not only would your gains be gone but you'd be in the red.

With Bitcoin in my opinion there is only one way to play it and that's HODL.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████ ▄█▄ ██████
██████ █████ ██████
█████ ▄ ███ ▄ █████
████▌▐██ █ ██▌▐████
███▄ ▀▀▌ ▐▀▀ ▄███
▀████▄▄ ▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
veleten
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1106

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 08:47:54 AM

well you can have a look at the mined blocks segwit vs BU
http://xtnodes.com/#bitcoin_classic_blocks
it seems that BU blocks number is growing fast while segwit blocks remain same
but xnodes is a known pro-Bitcoin unlimited site
so I would not take their data for granted:

▄▄████▄▄
      ▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄
   ▄████████▄▄▄▄████████▄
  ▀██████████████████████▀
▐█▄▄ ▀▀████▀    ▀████▀▀ ▄▄██
▐█████▄▄ ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ ▄▄██▀  █
▐██ ▀████▄▄ ▀██▀ ▄▄████  ▄██
▐██  ███████▄  ▄████████████
▐██  █▌▐█ ▀██  ██████▀  ████
▐██  █▌▐█  ██  █████  ▄█████
 ███▄ ▌▐█  ██  ████████████▀
  ▀▀████▄ ▄██  ██▀  ████▀▀
      ▀▀█████  █  ▄██▀▀
         ▀▀██  ██▀▀
.WINDICE.████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
      ▄████████▀
     ▄████████
    ▄███████▀
   ▄███████▀
  ▄█████████████
 ▄████████████▀
▄███████████▀
     █████▀
    ████▀
   ████
  ███▀
 ██▀
█▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
     ▄▄█████▄   ▄▄▄▄
    ██████████▄███████▄
  ▄████████████████████▌
 ████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
 ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
     ▄█     ▄█     ▄█
   ▄██▌   ▄██▌   ▄██▌
   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀
       ▄█     ▄█
     ▄██▌   ▄██▌
     ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
                   ▄█▄
                 ▄█████▄
                █████████▄
       ▄       ██ ████████▌
     ▄███▄    ▐█▌▐█████████
   ▄███████▄   ██ ▀███████▀
 ▄███████████▄  ▀██▄▄████▀
▐█ ▄███████████    ▀▀▀▀
█ █████████████▌      ▄
█▄▀████████████▌    ▄███▄
▐█▄▀███████████    ▐█▐███▌
 ▀██▄▄▀▀█████▀      ▀█▄█▀
   ▀▀▀███▀▀▀
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
iePlay NoweiI
I
I
I
[/t
alexeft
Legendary

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 08:57:59 AM

well you can have a look at the mined blocks segwit vs BU
http://xtnodes.com/#bitcoin_classic_blocks
it seems that BU blocks number is growing fast while segwit blocks remain same
but xnodes is a known pro-Bitcoin unlimited site
so I would not take their data for granted:

I was trying to say that BU got that crazy chinese miner and have high hash rate, but they don't have support from many people in terms of nodes.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: