Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 10:15:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Casascius coin reseller in Sweden and EU.  (Read 12682 times)
melvster

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 04:46:43 PM

Hello!
I have decided to become a re seller of casascius coins.
Currently I offer shipping within Sweden and EU, I am looking into shipping worldwide as well.
I have a order of 100 0.5 BTC coins and 50 1 BTC coins that will arrive sometimes next week.

If you want to buy some coins head over to
http://physicalbitcoins.openbtcshop.com/

My current plan is to ship smaller amounts in envelopes and bigger amounts in packages.
If you have any suggestion of suitable packaging then PM me Smiley

If you have any questions,comments or feedback please respond in the thread, this is my first time in retail business so any help is appreciated Smiley
//DeaDTerra

If you're going to the bitcoin conference in vienna ... ill buy one!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HowGudAmI

Activity: 294

BTC --> ??? --> PROFIT

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 05:27:11 PM

Insured shipping will not be available for now, if you do not want to take the risk of a uninsured shipping then I am happy to offer a refund, please contact me if such is the case.

Please advise me on the method you will use for international shipping? (what service etc).
On the smaller orders, I will probably just use envelopes and the basic international postage service that exist.
The packages can weight up to 2 KG and can be sent to most places in the world. They arrive within a week in EU and within two anywhere else.
On Bigger orders where the package is to heavy I will use DHL probably.
//DeaDTerra

Does that standard service offer any kind of delivery confirmation/basic insurance?
No,
The problem with getting it insured is two fold,
The price of the good changes constantly, which makes it hard to determine a value.
The amount paid for it is in BTC and to insure it I need to have a receipt in fiat, which I would like to avoid.
//DeaDTerra
Understood, It is different for you to post than it is for me then... you just have to tell then the value of the item here.

I wouldn't mind a little extra cost if it meant that it could be tracked/signed for (without insurance), but I guess I will have to trust the postal service on this one if not.
If you want it to be tracked I can check what it costs with DHL.
//DeaDTerra
If you dont mind then let me know my good man. Could pay you for that in BTC or PayPal... unless its expensive - then I will risk the regular delivery

Smiley
Incogious

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 05:28:09 PM

Hey, I might be interested in a few of these if you're still selling.
torusJKL

Activity: 619
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 08:56:55 PM

Prices has been updated to a more sustainable long term price.
Taking the current price at Casascius into consideration Smiley
International Shipping is now 0.1 BTC,
I have gotten some tip and tricks from a friend who also sells Casascius on how to package the coins.
Insured shipping will not be available for now, if you do not want to take the risk of a uninsured shipping then I am happy to offer a refund, please contact me if such is the case.
//DeaDTerra
How about those who have ordered and payed on the old price? Will you honor the old price or do we have to pay the difference?
Insured is one thing but how about tracking? I think that should be possible even with the regular mail service.

If you find my post useful send some Bitcoin: 167XM1Za8aG9CdbYuHFMpL2kvPsw6uC8da
Bitrated || bitcoin-otc || Moon Bitcoin Faucet
DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 09:01:40 PM

Prices has been updated to a more sustainable long term price.
Taking the current price at Casascius into consideration Smiley
International Shipping is now 0.1 BTC,
I have gotten some tip and tricks from a friend who also sells Casascius on how to package the coins.
//DeaDTerra
How about those who have ordered and payed on the old price? Will you honor the old price or do we have to pay the difference?
Insured is one thing but how about tracking? I think that should be possible even with the regular mail service.
I can get them tracked if I go with DHL or something similar.
For now I will send them out with normal mail until I have time to checkout what carrier is best to go with.
You will not have to pay anything extra.
If you do not wish for your order to be untracked and uninsured, I am happy to give a refund and we can get a shipping plan put together later Smiley
The reason why I am in such a rush is because I leave Thursday morning for San Jose and right now I have a lot to do, so I just wish to send out all the packages I can before I leave.
/7DeaDTerra
torusJKL

Activity: 619
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 10:50:21 PM

You could use "Registered Mail International" http://www.posten.se/en/Private/Send-letters-and-parcels/Send-abroad/Pages/Registered-Mail-International.aspx
As for the value you'd need to declare how about the the value of the coin (not the bitcoins on it).
That should be something you can set and should not change.

If you find my post useful send some Bitcoin: 167XM1Za8aG9CdbYuHFMpL2kvPsw6uC8da
Bitrated || bitcoin-otc || Moon Bitcoin Faucet
DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 09:09:00 AM

You could use "Registered Mail International" http://www.posten.se/en/Private/Send-letters-and-parcels/Send-abroad/Pages/Registered-Mail-International.aspx
As for the value you'd need to declare how about the the value of the coin (not the bitcoins on it).
That should be something you can set and should not change.
Yea, but it seems like a hell of a lot of paper work :8
I think that the best thing to do now, is to send out all the orders within EU, early next week with a normal untracked and uninsured envelope, trying to cover up as much as possible what is in it.
Then research and start looking into these other options I have and if they are viable, and start offeing those for shipment next week when I get back from San Jose.
Does this sound reasonable?
/DeaDTerra
coco23

Activity: 1974
Merit: 856

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 11:46:21 AM

Hi,

I've got the following on you website:
Order #55 made on May 10, 2013. Order status: completed.

so how should I proceed? I still have to pay the shipping costs right? (I've read here 0.1 BTC?)

Thanks.
DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 11:50:48 AM

Hi,

I've got the following on you website:
Order #55 made on May 10, 2013. Order status: completed.

so how should I proceed? I still have to pay the shipping costs right? (I've read here 0.1 BTC?)

Thanks.
The current status is that if you accept that the shippment is untrackable and uninsured, then I will pay the shipping cost.
If you don't mind  waiting a bit then I will have other shipping options ready later on, which you will have to pay for.
Sorry for this mess, I should have done better research from the start.
//DeaDTerra
Cablez
Legendary

Activity: 1400

I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 01:47:42 PM

How would these be packaged?  I know they won't be in airtights but you will make sure they won't slosh around in a big envelope at least?  Also, would you be selling airtights later on in your site? Thanks

Tired of substandard power distribution in your ASIC setup???   Chris' Custom Cablez will get you sorted out right!  No job too hard so PM me for a quote
Check my products or ask a question here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74397.0
DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 02:30:53 PM

How would these be packaged?  I know they won't be in airtights but you will make sure they won't slosh around in a big envelope at least?  Also, would you be selling airtights later on in your site? Thanks
I plan to package them as tightly as possible, using paper,tape and cardboard to secure them and place them into the envelope.
Yes, I am looking into different type of packaging and shipping, I want to offer the best possible shipping but at the moment I do not have the time to set it up.
As previously stated, if you feel that the simple and basic shipping/packaging is to risky or not of your liking I am happy to A delay your order or B give you are refund.
//DeaDTerra
coco23

Activity: 1974
Merit: 856

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 02:43:55 PM

I plan to package them as tightly as possible, using paper,tape and cardboard to secure them and place them into the envelope.
I assume the envelope has a bubble wrap or further protection?
If yes then this sounds good for me and I'll trust you for packing that as responsible as possible. As my order is fairly small anyway, I'd be happy with that. Smiley
Cablez
Legendary

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 12:36:18 AM

If yes then this sounds good for me and I'll trust you for packing that as responsible as possible. As my order is fairly small anyway, I'd be happy with that. Smiley

Ditto, that would be good for me as well.

Tired of substandard power distribution in your ASIC setup???   Chris' Custom Cablez will get you sorted out right!  No job too hard so PM me for a quote
Check my products or ask a question here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74397.0
HowGudAmI

BTC --> ??? --> PROFIT

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 01:41:00 AM

Ditto, that would be good for me as well.

double ditto. Im ok with all your above terms just let me know when you ship !

Smiley
DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 01:18:14 PM

Unfortunatly, I have yet had time to start sending out the coins.
It will have to be delayed until next week.
Sorry!
//DeaDTerra
Cablez
Legendary

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 02:54:58 PM

Any updates for the coming week?

phantastisch
Legendary

Activity: 2270
Merit: 1363

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 08:43:07 AM

HOWEYCOINS   ▮      Excitement and         ⭐  ● TWITTER  ● FACEBOOK   ⭐       
  ▮    guaranteed returns                 ●TELEGRAM                         
  ▮  of the travel industry
    ⭐  ●Ann Thread ●Instagram   ⭐ 
✅    U.S.Sec    ➡️
✅  approved!  ➡️
DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 02:50:17 PM

I am now home, a bit jetlagged though.
I will start preparing the shipping tomorrow and hopefully have them all out by this weekend.
//DeaDTerra
HowGudAmI

BTC --> ??? --> PROFIT

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 05:51:50 PM

I am now home, a bit jetlagged though.
I will start preparing the shipping tomorrow and hopefully have them all out by this weekend.
//DeaDTerra

All I have to say is... YAY! so excited!.

Smiley
Cablez
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 03:26:37 AM

How did this weeks shipments go?  Cool

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: