Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 12:52:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Would you use a Bitcoin ATM?  (Read 3435 times)
jtipt

Activity: 1064
Merit: 529

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 01:06:23 PM

As Coin Cloud Moves To Spread Bitcoin ATMs Across The United States. Considering the emerging opportunities in the US for Bitcoin as an alternative financial option, as proven by the activities of already installed BTMs, Coin Cloud plans to continue its rapid expansion nationwide.

With over 15 Bitaccess BTM kiosks, Coin Cloud claims to be the largest Bitcoin ATM (BTM) operator on the west coast.
Mostly depends on the price and distance from my house. IF the ATM just down my street and is selling BTC for about the same price as localbitcoin, then why not I would definitely give it try. But unfortunately, I don't think there is any bitcoin ATM in my country, but in the past few months my country has become more aware fo bitcoin and more people are adopting BTC here so probably by next year we would see a BTC ATM here.   
Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 01:18:09 PM

Personally and currently as at today, I wont use bitcoin ATM to withdraw. I can still use it to load or buy bitcoin but with conditions to be used. The reason for my decision is because I will make more money per one dollar worth of bitcoin selling to exchangers, rather than withdrawing from the bank that will be using the current exchange rate to process my withdrawal.

Yes true this is not the right time to use bitcoin ATM to withdraw money as they use current money exchange rate for the withdrawal which is much higher than the normal bitcoin transaction but we need to wait for some more years until bitcoin becomes too mainstream and these charges will be levied so that we use bitcoin ATM without huge transaction fee.

Snorek
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 01:22:48 PM

Where I can see ToS of these BTM service?

From my past experiences I know that in 90% cases if you can buy bitcoin from regular exchange it is better to do so.
BTMs are not so easy to use and you will pay excessive fee just to be able to use this fancy new tech, most of them require your documents and will record your face.
mace15

Activity: 1428
Merit: 506

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 01:24:25 PM

Here in my country, bitcoin atm is not yet placed in any malls. Its truly nice if bitcoin atm here will displayed so anyone can use anytime and anywhere. Even price is fluctuating it is nice to have bitcoin atm so that bitcoin will be popular in my country.
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 672

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 01:26:39 PM

If there are no other choice then yes. Of course Bitcoin ATMs as of the moment are also just an option to have an access converting your Bitcoin to Fiat or vice versa. Because from what I know there are several Wallets that has a direct access on buying and selling the Bitcoins you are holding in your wallet. Also there is another view on the price of their exchange rate on who is having a better deal to another.
defined

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 01:28:43 PM

I want to sell Bitcoin for cash. If small cash exchange shops accept Bitcoin I do not need a Bitcoin ATM.
Kotone

Activity: 1372
Merit: 503

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2017, 01:38:56 PM

Well it always depends upon the situation if theres no way out on how we can convert or exchange our coins into fiat then i would preferred to use bitcoin atm if theres one but if theres none well i will always the safe one. I always sold out my coins into our bitcoin based wallet where they will easily deposit your money directly into your banks with in 8 hours.

1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 01:41:55 PM

Where I can see ToS of these BTM service?

Here is a list of all BTM suppliers http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-atm-map/ from there you can click on every BTM supplier where it will direct you to their site.

From my past experiences I know that in 90% cases if you can buy bitcoin from regular exchange it is better to do so.
Of course it's better to buy from an exchange directly, but what if you quickly need to have some coins and you only have cash? Then you will surely not mind to pay the steep fees.

most of them require your documents and will record your face.
It all depends on how the regulations in a certain country are, because every country has different rules regarding exchanges, services, etc. In some cases you "only" need to have your ID barcode scanned in order to complete the verification process. Scanning the ID barcode will give them all your personal information, and from there you have to trust them to not abuse any of your details.
naughty1

Activity: 406

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 02:02:22 PM

Well it always depends upon the situation if theres no way out on how we can convert or exchange our coins into fiat then i would preferred to use bitcoin atm if theres one but if theres none well i will always the safe one. I always sold out my coins into our bitcoin based wallet where they will easily deposit your money directly into your banks with in 8 hours.
I am like you, my country is not very popular about bitcoin, so there are not any atm. I regularly sell bitcoin on reputable sites and transfer money to my bank account. It's not really convenient if we need speed. I really hope my country can access bitcoin quickly, and such ATMs will spring up, and I use it, it's easy and convenient. Hopefully that will happen soon.

▄▄█████████▄▄
     ▄███▀▀       ▀▀███▄
   ▄██▀               ▀██▄
  ██▀ ▄▄             ▄▄ ▀██
 ██▀  ▐██████▄ ▄██████▌  ▀██
██▀    ██  ███ ███  ██    ▀██
██      █▄ ▐██ ██▌ ▄█      ██
██▄      ▀ ▐██ ██▌ ▀      ▄██
 ██▄        ██ ██        ▄██
  ██▄        ███        ▄██
   ▀██▄              ▄██▀
     ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
        ▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██                                         
██████████  ▄▄  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██▄     
██          ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ████▄   
██          ██  ██        ██     ▄▄██▀  ██   ▄██▀  ██ ▀██▄ 
██          ██  ██        ██  ▄██▀▀     ██▄██▀▀    ██   ▀██▄
██████████  ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ██     ██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀     ▀▀

Finance

▄█▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
         ▄█████▄   ▀███████████
 █▄    ▄█████████    ██████████
 ███▄▄█████████▀   ▄██████████▌
 ████████████▀   ▄████████████
▐██████████▀   ▄█████████▀ ▀██
▐█████████▄   █████████▀     ▀
████████████▄  ▀█████▀
███████▀▀▀▀▀     ▀█▀

Barbut

Activity: 1694
Merit: 502

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 02:22:19 PM

Closest bitcoin ATM where I can go is 300 km far. I didn't have need to go there for years, last time I was there I didn't know about bitcoins. Next time I will try bitcoin ATM, I saw couple times on YouTube how it's easy, and I wish to try that.
Even they have higher fee then some other ways yo purchase bitcoin, I find that ATM's are good thing for people to get some bitcoins easy and anonymous, and without much bothering.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
posternat

Activity: 798

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 02:53:20 PM

Closest bitcoin ATM where I can go is 300 km far. I didn't have need to go there for years, last time I was there I didn't know about bitcoins. Next time I will try bitcoin ATM, I saw couple times on YouTube how it's easy, and I wish to try that.
Even they have higher fee then some other ways yo purchase bitcoin, I find that ATM's are good thing for people to get some bitcoins easy and anonymous, and without much bothering.

You're lucky u have bitcoin ATM in your country although its 300 KM far away  Smiley We do not have yet this facility in our country . I hope our government also take steps to start a BTC ATM in our country.
ReLieD

Activity: 546
Merit: 255

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 03:00:36 PM

If you are asking my personal opinion i don't need as i don't have much bitcoins so as to have an ATM to withdraw them.
And btw how can you even withdraw them there are no such paper currency for bitcoin.
If there is some method then it is good for people having more bitcoins. As they might need a bank to store
And need an ATM to withdraw

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█          ▄         ▄      ▄▄▄▄▄
█       ▄███      ▄███      █████
█        ████      ████     ▀▀▀▀▀
█         ████      ████
█          ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█           █████████████████████
█            ▀█████▄   ▀█████▄
█              ▀█████▀   ▀█████▀
█                 ▀▀        ▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█▀▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄▄█
thend1949

Activity: 798

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 03:04:02 PM

I will use a bitcoin ATM if theres an BITCOIN ATM machine here in my city, but as of now there's no Bitcoin ATM here. May I know how it works? do we need to have an Bitcoin ATM card to use that ATM machine? or We just need to send bitcoin to Bitcoin wallet in ATM Machine?
You have to apply for Bitcoin Debit card, and you will receive the card within few weeks. And no need to deposit bitcoin and there is no separate Bitcoin ATM I think. We can withdraw money to just insert card in any ATM, as for how we withdraw money through our normal Debit card. But the transaction fee will be high to compare exchangers. This is easy and safe no cheating and nothing you can withdraw your money at any time.

hmmm, So how much I need to get that Bitcoin Debit Card? Of course there's an fee for that Card. And I want to know if what sites offer Bitcoin Debit Card? Thanks For response. I really want to know more about this topic.
Luke2939

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

Building Wealth through AI and the power of the bl

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 03:06:30 PM

I would love to see bitcoin ATMs all around the world in major cities but if it is costly to buy bitcoins from an ATM than an exchange, I don't see much people using it. Maybe it can get some volume but I don't feel that it would be successful. It might, however, be a good idea to promote bitcoin to the general public and help them get their first bitcoin.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    AI-COIN ICO    Building Wealth Through AI & The Power of BLOCKCHAIN    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
slack    |    Telegram    |    twitter    |    facebook    |    ANN Thread
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    READ THE WHITEPAPER  [ REGISTER TODAY ]    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
jamieb81

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 03:11:16 PM

As Coin Cloud Moves To Spread Bitcoin ATMs Across The United States. Considering the emerging opportunities in the US for Bitcoin as an alternative financial option, as proven by the activities of already installed BTMs, Coin Cloud plans to continue its rapid expansion nationwide.

With over 15 Bitaccess BTM kiosks, Coin Cloud claims to be the largest Bitcoin ATM (BTM) operator on the west coast.
Mostly depends on the price and distance from my house. IF the ATM just down my street and is selling BTC for about the same price as localbitcoin, then why not I would definitely give it try. But unfortunately, I don't think there is any bitcoin ATM in my country, but in the past few months my country has become more aware fo bitcoin and more people are adopting BTC here so probably by next year we would see a BTC ATM here.   

I am sure there will be bitcoin ATM in your country soon as more people have adopted bitcoin nowadays but those Bitcoin ATM charge current money exchange price if you withdraw bitcoin in form of fiat which is much higher than the transaction fee in localbitcoin so we need to wait for some more year i guess.
izanagi narukami
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1028

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 03:14:29 PM

If bitcoin ATM easier us bitcoin holder for transaction need, I'm definitely will use it as we know bitcoin ATM is something new and surely it must have secure just same as bitcoin security system for hacking attempt. The advantage of bitcoin ATM, there will be no physical money will be keep on ATM

Smiley
BitcSeo

Activity: 1009
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 03:47:16 PM

I heard the are about two of such ATM in rome but, i never use them.

I alway's use exchanger online because i think police may keep an eye on people coming to withdraw money from BATM.

Thanks
Bitcseo

S🌏larplaNET  Rome🗺 🗺
AngelSky

Activity: 1008
Merit: 537

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 04:15:39 PM

I heard the are about two of such ATM in rome but, i never use them.

I alway's use exchanger online because i think police may keep an eye on people coming to withdraw money from BATM.

Thanks
Bitcseo

Don't look for bitcoin atm around you, instead of the you can simply buy a bitcoin debit card and use it in a regular ATM machines around your location. These plastic card contains a Unified chip and 16 digit numbers like all debit or credit cards. This company will cost some dollars as a monthly maintenance charge and some fees like banks. I suggest you to try with spectrocoin to get this card and use it.
stripykitteh
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 04:19:30 PM

Yeah, Bitcoin ATM's are really getting more use these days. I would be really careful by using an ATM though because there's plenty of people putting in ATM card skimmers and keylogging software into the systems and they use the information later just so that they could do a withdrawal later on the week. Bitcoin ATM's are really good for purchasing Bitcoins on the go if you don't have an issue of the transaction fees and having people walking around you.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Gotottack

Activity: 882
Merit: 506

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 04:22:32 PM

Yeah, Bitcoin ATM's are really getting more use these days. I would be really careful by using an ATM though because there's plenty of people putting in ATM card skimmers and keylogging software into the systems and they use the information later just so that they could do a withdrawal later on the week. Bitcoin ATM's are really good for purchasing Bitcoins on the go if you don't have an issue of the transaction fees and having people walking around you.

I haven't used one and I am skeptical about it now. Since bitcoin ATMs have not yet gained enough popularity, for sure their security  has not enough funding t really support their operations. For sure there would be people that would be able to hack into these ATMs and steal everyone's money. Even banks get hacked and they spend millions of dollars just to protect their ATMs from such attacks.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: