Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 07:19:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Blockchain will transform 70 billion loyalty industry  (Read 842 times)
Fatoshi (OP)

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 06:23:32 PM

Projects like Incent and Coval will be at the forefront of this trend. 

https://hbr.org/2017/03/blockchain-will-transform-customer-loyalty-programs
disconnectme

Activity: 1876
Merit: 512

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 07:01:57 PM

I think this Blockchain FAD is enough, there are alot of things that doesn't need blockchain technology that some people are selling here in the name of raising money. 90% of this projects will end up as experiment and only 1% will probably see adoption in real world

█ ▀  ▄
  ▄ █  █▌ 
▄    █
        ███
                  ▀▀▀▀▀██
         ███          ███
      ███     【】     ███
   ███   【】【】   ███
██▀           █  █         ▀██         
█▄          █  █        ▄██
   ███       █  █     ███
      ███   █  ███ 
         ███    █    ███
            ███   ███

.T o o l K i t z A I .Break The Barrier.

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

███████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRY DEMO

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

▄▄████
                 ▄▄████████▌
           ▄▄█████████▀███
     ▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀    ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀     ▄███████▌
      ██     ▄█████████
       █   ▄██████████▌
       █   ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 07:10:12 PM

I think this Blockchain FAD is enough, there are alot of things that doesn't need blockchain technology that some people are selling here in the name of raising money. 90% of this projects will end up as experiment and only 1% will probably see adoption in real world

Agree but loyalty industry and blockchain sounds like they could be conducive.

I think coval and incent could be interesting although could both amount to nothing much too.

iamnotback

Activity: 336
Merit: 265

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 07:16:56 PM

coval and incent

All hype...

Why you keep pushing that shit that has no Github? I guess you invested in that shit?

they are moving to counterparty chain

Which has security flaws.

I won't defend them anymore cause I don't know his coding talent beyond he worked on Mastercoin

Which some have alleged was a "scam".

When I see guys showing demos in videos instead of code, I know I am not looking at top quality coders. The name "Shannon Code" was a "fluff, no substance" warning sign. There is a remote chance my quick intuitions are incorrect, but I'll wait for some evidence rather than waste my time digging.

If they need closed source at the start, then why all the marketing hype on their Medium page. Seems to me they are more about raising money than accelerating a paradigm and open source collaboration.

I have been following Coval on their slack, Michael Sullivan and Shannon Code seem like guys who just want to build something and not build the next scam.

I'll take a peek. Thanks for the tip. Suggestions on good developers are always welcome. I also have some interest in Steem's core developer (he writes excellent code) and we've exchange comments already on Steemit.

I had commented on Coval in November.

I commented about Shannon Code and even today I still can't find the open source repo.

I think Loyyal is not open source, the platform is centralized I guess, they are moving to counterparty chain. Seems they just use blockchain to organize the complexity of keeping track of loyalty programs, it's a business just utilizing blockchain rather than a crypto project it seems to me.

https://blog.omni.foundation/tag/shannon-code/

I won't defend them anymore cause I don't know his coding talent beyond he worked on Mastercoin and the Loyyal platform. just thought him and Michael Sullivan who first coined the term crowdsale are the kind of guys you mentioned on one post, good guys that act dependable without the hype that you might be looking for. They are busy with Coval and Loyyal anyway. You don't need to reply.

https://github.com/genecyber
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 07:20:39 PM

coval and incent

All hype...

Why you keep pushing that shit that has no Github? I guess you invested in that shit?

I won't defend them anymore cause I don't know his coding talent beyond he worked on Mastercoin

When I see guys showing demos in videos instead of code, I know I am not looking at top quality coders. The name "Shannon Code" was a "fluff, no substance" warning sign. There is a remote chance my quick intuitions are incorrect, but I'll wait for some evidence rather than waste my time digging.

If they need closed source at the start, then why all the marketing hype on their Medium page. Seems to me they are more about raising money than accelerating a paradigm and open source collaboration.

I have been following Coval on their slack, Michael Sullivan and Shannon Code seem like guys who just want to build something and not build the next scam.

I'll take a peek. Thanks for the tip. Suggestions on good developers are always welcome. I also have some interest in Steem's core developer (he writes excellent code) and we've exchange comments already on Steemit.

I commented about Shannon Code and even today I still can't find the open source repo.

I think Loyyal is not open source, the platform is centralized I guess, they are moving to counterparty chain. Seems they just use blockchain to organize the complexity of keeping track of loyalty programs, it's a business just utilizing blockchain rather than a crypto project it seems to me.

I won't defend them anymore cause I don't know his coding talent beyond he worked on Mastercoin and the Loyyal platform. just thought him and Michael Sullivan who first coined the term crowdsale are the kind of guys you mentioned on one post, good guys that act dependable without the hype that you might be looking for. They are busy with Coval and Loyyal anyway. You don't need to reply.

Damn - more shattered dreams. I have 1 btc of coval and 0.2 of incent.

Will await and see. Tiny market cap for coval so will hold for now and see what happens.

iamnotback

Activity: 336
Merit: 265

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 07:32:38 PM

Okay as I wrote in my quoted posts, I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt but that $70 billion hype is a well known general fallacy of tech startups:

The potential here is huge ($450 billion in the markets listed in the whitepaper), but it’s also very important to not get trapped in the 1 percent fallacy (“if we only get 1 percent of the online search market from Google, we’ll get rich”).

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 07:38:56 PM

Okay as I wrote in my quoted posts, I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt but that $70 billion hype is a well known general fallacy of tech startups:

The potential here is huge ($450 billion in the markets listed in the whitepaper), but it’s also very important to not get trapped in the 1 percent fallacy (“if we only get 1 percent of the online search market from Google, we’ll get rich”).

Well yes I should think people take the 70BN attention grabbing headlines with a pinch of salt.

Fatoshi (OP)

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 05:32:29 AM
Last edit: March 20, 2017, 05:42:55 AM by Fatoshi

70 billion is a fact, I'm just a buyer, nothing more. Suggesting I using some elborate scam language is laughable.

My point is it's a big market and sorry but I do believe the blockchain is the perfect match for arranging loyalty points from different companies and products under one system. What's really cost productive is many loyalty programs are inefficient and companies are happy to share the burden of them With other linked companies. And just thinking practically if you want the difference is loyalty points given through these companies will actually be used, unlike almost every Altcoin which has almost zero usage, even Bitcoin has a tiny tiny amount of real use in terms of real world payments. Your Google anecdote is silly, the loyalty industry has every benefit in selfish terms to move to these systems, so that move is actually inevitable. Especially as these platforms are rich in user information gathering like time and location of purchases, and type etc. With an online world we are moving into now it makes sense to have instant offers and loyalty points that link with similar located for example services. You rent a car through your app, it gives loyalty point you can spend for next time you rent a car or maybe for hotels in your vicinity, or a local attraction etc etc. Companies are desperate to offload these loyalty points to others, so it's a win win for everyone involved.

Sorry immotback your negativity toward Coval and Incent are unfounded because they are not really aiming for decentralization and are blockchain agnostic. They recently moved to Counterparty but have made clear they are agnostic and will move to whatever chain works best. So actually you are criticizing every single chain that will ever be made in the future including possible one you make.

Coval hasn't been hyped AT ALL. The ANN on here is user made, no ICO, no marketing. So that can't be leveled at it either. Yes I am holding, but only because I think they are a great company.
Fatoshi (OP)

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 05:47:12 AM

No ICO. Zero Hype. Plus they have quite a bit to hype as they are working on audio file sharing with monetized water marking. I think audio sharing is growing, podcasting eye and at the moment the only income revenue is YouTube which censors and won't pay anyone with political views it doesn't like and podcasting adverts which are annoying. Monetizing audio and podcasting has a lot of potential IMO.
bitcircle
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 05:52:16 AM

coval and incent

All hype...

https://github.com/decentriccorp

COVAL has github so you can check about it but you are only here for FUD. In real you don't know how devoted team that project has.

Fatoshi (OP)

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 05:58:38 AM

coval and incent

All hype...

https://github.com/decentriccorp

COVAL has github so you can check about it but you are only here for FUD. In real you don't know how devoted team that project has.

It's sad Coval is lumped along every other project cause if there is one defining thing about the two guys involved is their complete adversion to hype and bullshit. We are simply investors who know its a great project with very sincere coders who just want to experiment and make something great. As a project the work on audio file sharing deserves a massive hype alone. IMO. The guys are doing it alongside their day job at Loyyal and one of them admits he owns no Coval and doesn't get involved in investing etc. I just think you can't level scam at these guys if you knew them.

https://medium.com/coval/coval-update-1016-21c55ce3ccee#.qbwwcw2o0
user27

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 06:00:36 AM

Well you can say that but obviously blockchain technology was supposed to be the end for a search of financial institutions the perfect and decentralized and also the end of the competition between big Payment Systems however right now we can't see a big advantage of Bitcoin against versus normal fiat counterparts.

There is potential but it will be quite hard.

bitcircle
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 06:26:41 AM

Well you can say that but obviously blockchain technology was supposed to be the end for a search of financial institutions the perfect and decentralized and also the end of the competition between big Payment Systems however right now we can't see a big advantage of Bitcoin against versus normal fiat counterparts.

Not sure but COVAL has very realistic approach for this project as they are using LOYYAL platform which is already working on some real life project so it will be interesting to read given article.

http://www.coindesk.com/2020-vision-why-startups-believe-blockchain-will-go-live-in-dubai/
Fatoshi (OP)

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 07:09:15 AM
Last edit: March 20, 2017, 09:17:37 AM by Fatoshi

The reason I'm onto crypto is the Libertarian principles of decentralization and bypassing central banks BUT this is not a currency it's a platform to organize loyalty points. It does of course have major elements of decentralsition and the makers are into the idea of privacy so for example the audio function can be sent privately etc.

This isn't a project to compare alongside Dash, Bitcoin etc. it's more about bringing value to digital assets in a digital media world where every online company is competing for eyeballs and buyers globally.
Fatoshi (OP)

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 07:12:17 AM
Last edit: March 20, 2017, 02:02:17 PM by Fatoshi

Not sure but COVAL has very realistic approach for this project as they are using LOYYAL platform which is already working on some real life project so it will be interesting to read given article.

http://www.coindesk.com/2020-vision-why-startups-believe-blockchain-will-go-live-in-dubai/

Bottom line is companies as big as Deloitte have officially signed up to Loyyal which is basically the mothership and underlying platform of Coval. So in that sense it already has billions of dollars attached. The government of Dubai is signed up to Loyyal as official tourism loyalty program. These are facts not hype.

Shannon Code developed this loyalty app exclusively for Dubai Tourism. its easy to dismiss projects but Coval developers are doing real things rather than the guys on this forum who talk about doing and don't produce much in the end in terms of real world economies.  ie 95% of alts.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.deg.mdubai&hl=ko
disconnectme

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 07:46:46 PM

coval and incent

All hype...

Damn - more shattered dreams. I have 1 btc of coval and 0.2 of incent.

Will await and see. Tiny market cap for coval so will hold for now and see what happens.

1 BTC in Coval, I think price could pump soon, the problem I notice with some of these project is lack of strong community behind it. This is very essential in Altcoin life

█ ▀  ▄
  ▄ █  █▌ 
▄    █
        ███
                  ▀▀▀▀▀██
         ███          ███
      ███     【】     ███
   ███   【】【】   ███
   ███       █  █     ███
      ███   █  ███ 
         ███    █    ███
            ███   ███

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

TRY DEMO

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

▄▄████
                 ▄▄████████▌
           ▄▄█████████▀███
     ▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███▌
      ██     ▄█████████
       █   ▄██████████▌
       █   ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
Omega Weapon

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 01:24:20 AM

But that is the way things are, when the internet had its boom in the 90’s there were a lot of bogus business and investments but out of those there were many solid proposals that became the giants of today.
fbrotha

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 02:01:12 AM

Rather dramatic article:

http://www.coindesk.com/threat-opportunity-blythe-masters-addresses-blockchain-jobs-impact/
disconnectme

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 08:19:48 AM

I think this theory of job loss is not valid, can some put an actual figure on the numbers on jobs that internet has created but the fear before was that job loss. To me fear is just that there will be need for new skill set that most people won't possess especially when new technology arise

█ ▀  ▄
  ▄ █  █▌ 
▄    █
        ███
                  ▀▀▀▀▀██
         ███          ███
      ███     【】     ███
   ███   【】【】   ███
   ███       █  █     ███
      ███   █  ███ 
         ███    █    ███
            ███   ███

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

TRY DEMO

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

▄▄████
                 ▄▄████████▌
           ▄▄█████████▀███
     ▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███▌
      ██     ▄█████████
       █   ▄██████████▌
       █   ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
Omega Weapon

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 01:14:46 AM

I think this theory of job loss is not valid, can some put an actual figure on the numbers on jobs that internet has created but the fear before was that job loss. To me fear is just that there will be need for new skill set that most people won't possess especially when new technology arise
A technology can destroy some type of jobs but if the technology is good then it will create many jobs too, probably even more than before, but the skills you will need to perform these new jobs are different so you will need to adapt.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: