Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 03:45:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [CPT] - A New Paradigm Begins April 2017  (Read 2444 times)
jacaf01

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

The revolutionary trading ecosystem

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2017, 06:02:46 AM

Another token, I will like to know how this coin will derive its value. This could be interesting if the economics behind it is laid out properly for all to see

|
|
QRX|
|
QURREX - QRXTest MVP |Source
www.qurrex.com

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
CPdev (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 06:21:46 AM

Another token, I will like to know how this coin will derive its value. This could be interesting if the economics behind it is laid out properly for all to see
The token should not have much/any value unless a working platform is produced and then found useful. This will be a slow moving project. We will not be doing any kind of promotion of the token or attempt to get it listed on exchange. An evenly distributed token is necessary for the project so we are not doing an ICO, not keeping a premine and not asking for any investment. Our goal is to push crypto innovation forward. As evidence of this commitment, we are giving away all initial CP tokens for donations to nonprofit organizations involved in promoting crypto. If you acquire any of these tokens, plan to sit on them for months or years before they have any chance of having value.
kamiyama

Merit: 251

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 06:25:07 AM

Is there a plan to distribute it to individuals?
TimeTeller

Activity: 2744
Merit: 588

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 06:28:18 AM

The team are all long time members of the crypto community and are doing this project as a service. Cypher Protocol is not doing an ICO, not taking any premine and not asking for any investment. The tokens will likely not be added to an exchange for a long period of time. The team is giving the CP tokens away for provable donations to nonprofits helping push innovation in crypto. This project is very real but also will be very slow.

Hoping that the above statement is really sincere and true.
Nowadays, it's very rare that someone is spending his time, effort and money in exchange for like charity services.
Unless, he's already rich and doesn't know where to spend money or just being contented with his life and finding his true purpose in life.
I'll watch how this project will evolve and you'll never know, I might see the meaning of life here.  Cheesy
CPdev (OP)

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 06:30:24 AM

Is there a plan to distribute it to individuals?

From OP:

In April 2017, CP tokens will be distributed to users who make provable donations to nonprofit organizations supporting crypto. Funds will be sent directly to these organizations' addresses and in exchange, CP tokens will be issued to the sender. Cypher Protocol developers will never have access to the funds and the developers of Cypher Protocol will not receive any income from the coin distribution (but may participate in the charity donations and receive coins).

This is not a giveaway, CP tokens are given in return for donations to nearly any legitimate nonprofit organization promoting crypto. If you have a favorite charity, please list and we will vet them.
CPdev (OP)

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 06:37:57 AM

The team are all long time members of the crypto community and are doing this project as a service. Cypher Protocol is not doing an ICO, not taking any premine and not asking for any investment. The tokens will likely not be added to an exchange for a long period of time. The team is giving the CP tokens away for provable donations to nonprofits helping push innovation in crypto. This project is very real but also will be very slow.

Nowadays, it's very rare that someone is spending his time, effort and money in exchange for like charity services.
Unless, he's already rich and doesn't know where to spend money or just being contented with his life and finding his true purpose in life.
I'll watch how this project will evolve and you'll never know, I might see the meaning of life here.  Cheesy
Every member of the team has been crypto developers/investors for at least four years. The team is well funded from life and from crypto and does not need any investment from the community. This will be a slow project and we will not market the token or look to get it on exchange for a long period of time...6 months to 2 years. I won't be here answering questions 24/7 once distribution is completed. We don't even have a website.

We need an evenly distributed token but don't want to give it away as it would be a throwaway and not protected. Token burn was our first option but then we thought to give CP as incentive to fund crypto nonprofits.
kamiyama

Merit: 251

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 06:40:23 AM

nonprofit organizations supporting crypto

Where does this exist?
CPdev (OP)

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 06:45:11 AM

nonprofit organizations supporting crypto

Where does this exist?
A place to start:

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/List_of_Bitcoin_non-profits_around_the_world

If you find any others let us know prior to April 1st and we will vet them.
kipoel

Activity: 826
Merit: 258

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 06:48:24 AM

Waiting CP more information like crowdsale and bounty campaign
CPdev (OP)

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 06:51:25 AM
Last edit: March 20, 2017, 07:08:41 AM by CPdev

Waiting CP more information like crowdsale and bounty campaign

There are no crowdsales and no bounties.

From OP:

""In April 2017, CP tokens will be distributed to users who make provable donations to nonprofit organizations supporting crypto. Funds will be sent directly to these organizations' addresses and in exchange, CP tokens will be issued to the sender. Cypher Protocol developers will never have access to the funds and the developers of Cypher Protocol will not receive any income from the coin distribution (but may participate in the charity donations and receive coins).""

This will be a slow moving project. We will not be doing any kind of promotion of the token or attempt to get it listed on exchange. An evenly distributed token is necessary for the project so the Cypher Protocol team is not doing an ICO, not keeping a premine and not asking for any investment. Our goal is to push crypto innovation forward. As evidence of this commitment, all initial CP tokens are being given for donations to nonprofit organizations involved in promoting crypto. If you acquire any of these tokens, plan to sit on them for months or years before they have any chance of having value.

This is not a giveaway, CP tokens are given in return for donations to nearly any legitimate nonprofit organization promoting crypto. If you have a favorite charity, please list and we will vet them.
Soepkip

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 09:13:41 AM

Could be fun. Creating something new and exciting whilst helping non-profit charities around the world. Watching.

████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████

->  BLOCKTIX  ->  Ticketing platform with a dual blockchain on Ethereum for event hosting
-> WEBSITE - SLACK - TWITTER - FORUM
-> Join our community to learn about our upcoming ICO
kokokoin

Activity: 638

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 10:28:11 AM

Great idea but bad ticker. Seriously guys, think about changing it.
miramare

Activity: 1162
Merit: 568

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 10:29:22 AM

The token should not have much/any value unless a working platform is produced and then found useful. This will be a slow moving project. We will not be doing any kind of promotion of the token or attempt to get it listed on exchange. An evenly distributed token is necessary for the project so we are not doing an ICO, not keeping a premine and not asking for any investment. Our goal is to push crypto innovation forward. As evidence of this commitment, we are giving away all initial CP tokens for donations to nonprofit organizations involved in promoting crypto. If you acquire any of these tokens, plan to sit on them for months or years before they have any chance of having value.

Sounds good. I will keep my eyes on it. Grin Grin Grin
CPdev (OP)

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 10:36:33 AM

Better? I don't think anyone on the team cares about tickers, logos and such. We are interested in putting out secure, stable and useful systems.
TimeTeller

Activity: 2744
Merit: 588

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 10:51:03 AM

Every member of the team has been crypto developers/investors for at least four years. The team is well funded from life and from crypto and does not need any investment from the community. This will be a slow project and we will not market the token or look to get it on exchange for a long period of time...6 months to 2 years. I won't be here answering questions 24/7 once distribution is completed. We don't even have a website.

We need an evenly distributed token but don't want to give it away as it would be a throwaway and not protected. Token burn was our first option but then we thought to give CP as incentive to fund crypto nonprofits.

Great to hear that Dev.
I'll be closely following this thread then, as this one seems to be genuine up to the extent of its core values.
I want to see the progress of this project even if it's a slow one. I'm not in a hurry either.
red5standingby

Activity: 174
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 11:02:55 AM

Great to hear that Dev.
I'll be closely following this thread then, as this one seems to be genuine up to the extent of its core values.
I want to see the progress of this project even if it's a slow one. I'm not in a hurry either.

Concur. For once the possibility of something with meaning outside of the p&d scam scene.
w000t

Activity: 26

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2017, 11:30:01 AM

I rather see slowly and steady approach than hit and run, becuase most of the time you get more results in the end.
kokokoin

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 01:00:35 PM

Better? I don't think anyone on the team cares about tickers, logos and such. We are interested in putting out secure, stable and useful systems.
And this is the problem. You shouldn't underestimate branding. Just look at PIVX after rebranding from DNET and hiring good marketing team.
CPdev (OP)

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 02:58:57 PM

And this is the problem. You shouldn't underestimate branding. Just look at PIVX after rebranding from DNET and hiring good marketing team.
The Cypher Protocol team is creating what we think are useful tools. If the tools are actually useful, the CPT may one day have value. 'Marketing' solely for the purpose of increasing the price will never happen here by the developers. Maybe it would be better for you to find another project to participate in, or do some good, give a little back to a nonprofit and get your CPT...just don't expect marketing, promotions, or coddling.
kokokoin

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 03:07:17 PM

I got your point. And yes, CPT is better than CP.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: