Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 03:43:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Paypal asking if I received the BFL product I ordered back in August  (Read 5693 times)
hahahafr (OP)

Activity: 938
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 06:58:33 PM

Hello,
Just wanted to share that Paypal just called me, and they asked if I did actually receive the BFL product I paid for back in August.
I told them no, but I also told them not to worry because "the company is actually telling us they will ship soon".

Undecided

◢◣                      ◢◣
                                     ◢████◣           ◢████◣
                               ◢████████◣◢████████◣
                               █████████████████
                               █████████████████
                               █████████████████
                               █████████████◤██████
                               ███████████◤████████
                               █████████◤██████████
                               ███████◤████████████
                               █████◤██████████████
                               █████◣                       ◢█████
                               ███████◣            ◢███████
                               █████████◣◢█████████
                               ◥████████◤◥████████◤
                                    ◥████◤            ◥████◤
                                          ◥◤                      

HYDAX
       Secure  
   Efficient
   Simple  
   Medium 
    Twitter  
    Telegram 
[/center

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Joshster

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 06:59:17 PM

I guess a few people have rung them to complain about BFL, I guess you could of got your money back there and then.
Logik

Activity: 315
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 11:46:57 PM

Correct answer was just "no".

Unless you ordered a Jalapeño and/or know how to write firmware you aint getting jack anytime soon Tongue

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
   ████████████████████████████████   
     ▀██████████████████████████▀     
        ▀████████████████████▀       
          ████████████████▀         
            █████████████           
            ▀████████████▀           
             ▀██████████▀             
              ██████████             
               ████████               
               ▀██████▀               
                ██████               

trade.io.
██████
██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
██████

▄██████████████████▄
███       ▀███████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███              ██
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███              ███
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
███████████▀ ███████
█████████▀   ███████
███████▀     ██▀ ███
███ ▀▀       █▄▄████
███          █▀▀▀▀██
███ ▄▄       ███████
██████▄     █▄ ▀███
█████████▄   ███▄███
███████████▄ ███████
▀██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
████████████████████
███████████████▀▀ ██
█████████▀▀     ███
████▀▀     ▄█▀   ███
███▄    ▄██      ███
█████████▀      ▄██
█████████▄     ████
█████████████▄ ▄████
████████████████████
▀██████████████████▀
██████
██████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
██████
██████
.Join the Trading Revolution.
charleshoskinson
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1008

CEO of IOHK

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2013, 01:48:14 AM

There is a thread about this and it has been hot for awhile. Why don't you chime in?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=114329.600

The revolution begins with the mind and ends with the heart. Knowledge for all, accessible to all and shared by all
Geremia

Activity: 502
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2013, 12:35:47 AM

Just wanted to share that Paypal just called me, and they asked if I did actually receive the BFL product I paid for back in August.
I told them no, but I also told them not to worry because "the company is actually telling us they will ship soon".
And we know now that BFL had to ship some orders just to satisfy PayPal. Has anyone else contacted PayPal regarding BFL?

BTC tip jar | my BTC wiki, BTC StackExchange | Tox ID: 65C3E8810738AD9D175234808FCB317A1103632903436203D45411AE97C03F54C34861AB6663
Join Kraken. | The best, free book on Bitcoin: Mastering Bitcoin
Nos cum prole pia benedicat Virgo Maria.
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 01:58:33 AM

And we know now that BFL had to ship some orders just to satisfy PayPal. Has anyone else contacted PayPal regarding BFL?

I love how Jody tried to dress that up as no big thing.

I suspect that if people are contacting PayPal about BFL's failure to ship within a reasonable time then they're also contacting consumer protection agencies responsible for enforcing internet commerce regulations.  

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
charleshoskinson
Legendary

CEO of IOHK

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2013, 02:22:38 AM

I suspect that if people are contacting PayPal about BFL's failure to ship within a reasonable time then they're also contacting consumer protection agencies responsible for enforcing internet commerce regulations. 

I am deeply interested in the volume of ASICs shipped. Please let me know if you ordered a BFL product and when you receive it.

The revolution begins with the mind and ends with the heart. Knowledge for all, accessible to all and shared by all
repentance

Activity: 868

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 02:30:08 AM

I am deeply interested in the volume of ASICs shipped. Please let me know if you ordered a BFL product and when you receive it.

While Jody's declining to say how many are shipping any more and is just saying what order dates ASICs have been shipped (Jody seems to believe that if she doesn't acknowledge something, it's not a problem), I noticed that Josh has still been talking about the number of units shipped over on the BFL forums.

Jody seems to be totally out of her depth and taking it out on BFL's customers, which is a great way to provoke retribution.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
charleshoskinson
Legendary

CEO of IOHK

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2013, 02:34:19 AM

ile Jody's declining to say how many are shipping any more and is just saying what order dates ASICs have been shipped (Jody seems to believe that if she doesn't acknowledge something, it's not a problem), I noticed that Josh has still been talking about the number of units shipped over on the BFL forums.

Jody seems to be totally out of her depth and taking it out on BFL's customers, which is a great way to provoke retribution.

This is the only way we can determine if BFL is running a ponzi scheme. If the shipping volume is low, then they could be running a long queue. Prior orders are being paid for by future orders. I have conjectured that BFL paid in part or fully for the R&D of their ASICs with preorder money. This is both illegal and also could prevent BFL from satisfying all orders without future orders to cover.

I want to verify if I'm right or wrong and shipment volume is a great way of doing that.

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2013, 09:21:25 AM

While Jody's declining to say how many are shipping any more and is just saying what order dates ASICs have been shipped (Jody seems to believe that if she doesn't acknowledge something, it's not a problem), I noticed that Josh has still been talking about the number of units shipped over on the BFL forums.

Make no mistake, the entire staff knows exactly what is going on in the office, for they're all within earshot of one another, coupled with them knowing each other way before Bitcoin come into existence. I can easily prove that Jody knew the Vleisides clan long ago.
Frizz23

Activity: 1162
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 10:12:15 AM
Last edit: April 27, 2013, 11:10:36 AM by Frizz23

I am deeply interested in the volume of ASICs shipped.

BFL_Jody: "Less than 12." (per day)

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/blogs/bfl_jody/143-more-units-6-23-shipped-today-page1.html

Ξtherization⚡️First P2E 2016⚡️🏰💎🌈 etherization.org
becoin
Legendary

Activity: 3431
Merit: 1233

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 10:34:44 AM

0<12 // true or false?
I guess it's true. Nobody can say BFL are liars.
polrpaul

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Love the Bitcoin.

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2013, 11:53:58 AM

0<12 // true or false?

Yes, but "more units" >= 2 by default, yes?

BTC.sx - Leveraged Bitcoin Trading. Simply use Bitcoin to take advantage of a rising or falling Bitcoin price.
becoin
Legendary

Activity: 3431
Merit: 1233

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 04:40:44 PM

0<12 // true or false?

Yes, but "more units" >= 2 by default, yes?
Yes, but shipment to 2 BFL sockpuppets was announced on April Fool's Day. So again, nobody can say BFL are liars. They just have special sense of humor, yes?
jago25_98

Activity: 900

Crypto Geek

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2013, 10:26:41 AM

My order was paid partly by Paypal balance and partly by debit card. The limit for debit card charge is 120 days and I ordered in August so that's past. Paypal haven't asked me anything as yet; I don't know how to contact them if it's beyond the 45 days.

So I have asked for a refund, given them 14 days and said if no response will use the UK small claims court (not sure if this is really possible but I'll look into it later).

Bitcoiner since the early days. Crypto YouTube Channel: Trading Nomads | Analyst | News Reporter | Bitcoin Hodler | Support Freedom of Speech!
Lgetty17

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 04:46:00 AM

My order was paid partly by Paypal balance and partly by debit card. The limit for debit card charge is 120 days and I ordered in August so that's past. Paypal haven't asked me anything as yet; I don't know how to contact them if it's beyond the 45 days.

So I have asked for a refund, given them 14 days and said if no response will use the UK small claims court (not sure if this is really possible but I'll look into it later).

good for you. seriously. Someone's gotta stand up to these douchebags, they have no respect for their customers. I would LOVE to see how quickly Zerlan loses thst cocky fucking attitude in front of a judge
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: