Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 06:13:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BAIKAL - WHAT IS GOING ON?  (Read 27819 times)
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 07:15:56 AM

I'm starting to worry that it was all a massive scam.

I got an email from someone called Charles Zhou after complaining that they would not accept dash and that their website is terrible.

He told me that they had "fixed" my order on the website so that I could pay in dash. I did that and sent them an email with a screenshot showing plenty of confirmations but the status of my order on the website is that it took me too long.

I have sent multiple emails asking about WTF is going on and I haven't had any response since I paid. None.

Has anyone here actually been told that they have successfully ordered a cube and that it's on it's way?

Via Skype I sent TXID and screenshot. My order then changed on the site to 'Paid but not shipped" Shipping will take place within 5 business days they say. I asked about my friends order and supplied screen shots and he said he forwarded to a colleague.

I think it's 1 or 2 guys managing it so responses may be slow with such high demand

What was the shipping? or was the $0 shipping on the page legit? Wondering (if you can tell with this cluster of when you paid btc vs when they said you paid etc) Wink

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
xiaogr

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 11:04:21 AM

Hi,

I decided also to buy the CUBE.
I placed the order yesterday evening and today they replied to me via Skype.
They updated the "My cart" page with the BTC address and the required amount.

After sending all required screenshots and TXID the status changed to "Paid but not shipped yet"
I read that it needs 3 working days to be shipped

www.genesis-mining.com - 3% Promo Code: TRUNK_38
www.hashflare.io - 10% Discount Code: 2450E47A
TracerX

Activity: 918
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 12:47:01 PM

They gave me two hours to pay, and I was unfortunately notified at 0300.  If there are only fifty, I may have to sit this one out.  I'm too old to wait around in the middle of the night!
igor123

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 06:53:04 PM

Caйт http://www.baikalminer.com/ - этo мoшeнники!!!!!  Hacтoящий caйт вoт  http://baikalminer.com/
not.you
Legendary

Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 06:54:36 PM

They gave me two hours to pay, and I was unfortunately notified at 0300.  If there are only fifty, I may have to sit this one out.  I'm too old to wait around in the middle of the night!

Oh man I hear that.  Luckily I am barely young enough that I was able to stay up and handle it on skype and get it sorted.  Took like an hour and half all told and kept me up at least an hour past my bed time.
TracerX

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 10:37:38 PM
Last edit: April 12, 2017, 03:19:27 PM by TracerX

They gave me two hours to pay, and I was unfortunately notified at 0300.  If there are only fifty, I may have to sit this one out.  I'm too old to wait around in the middle of the night!

Oh man I hear that.  Luckily I am barely young enough that I was able to stay up and handle it on skype and get it sorted.  Took like an hour and half all told and kept me up at least an hour past my bed time.
I look forward to hearing how well it runs!  Hopefully they will crank up the production and I'll be able to add a few to my collection.
Longsnowsm

Activity: 868
Merit: 517

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 11:00:22 PM

Oh man I hear that.  Luckily I am barely young enough that I was able to stay up and handle it on skype and get it sorted.  Took like an hour and half all told and kept me up at least an hour past my bed time.
]
I look forward to hearing how well it runs!  Hopefully they will crank up the production and I'll be able to add a few to my collection.

If this new version is as good as the previous models I think everyone will be thrilled with them.  Very nice miners.
Chan8

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 05:08:34 AM

I have talk with bikalminer on skype, they told me that the miner was available but when I try to but from http://www.baikalminer.com/ but I get out of stock message.

Is the bikalminer account on skype fake ?

Please let me know

thx

yeah there are a bunch of fake baikalminer sites on skype.

use the skype they have on their www page make them verify thru them ail from their to you they are still out i think thou...only order thru the legit web site!

edit: the regular english side of the site does not come up https:// secure in any way ..weird..just informed them ...that should not do that Smiley

I just got on ...no stock on the regular baikalminer site....they informed me weeks ago you are just supposed to lurk on the www site till (or if) they announce lol

Last week I finally got contact with Baikal via a Chinese chat. They are now on some Chinese holiday until April 5th. Anyway, they officially are sold out of A900's but will dispatch group orders of 35, possibly 30. A bit too rich for me but by the next day they said the batch was already taken anyway. They are bound to respond to an order of that size (or larger). If someone here is able to start a group-buy that's probably a way to go forward, I'm down for 5 of the units. PM me if you are able to administer a group-buy.

Where and when? You sure you can reach out to them and get us a guranteed pre order? If so i do half of the 30!
MakeMyDay619

Activity: 20

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 11:12:39 AM

http://www.baikalminer.com/

Website is down. "Request timeout please try again later..."

Interesting, isn't it?  Tongue
not.you
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 11:50:20 AM

http://www.baikalminer.com/

Website is down. "Request timeout please try again later..."

Interesting, isn't it?  Tongue

That was weird.  But back up now.
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 12:03:32 PM

I get an error trying to order one saying they are out of inventory. Seems this batch has already sold out. Such a shame, I had enough to buy one this time Sad I doubt I'll be able to find one for a reasonable price now.
TracerX

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 03:21:27 PM

They gave me two hours to pay, and I was unfortunately notified at 0300.  If there are only fifty, I may have to sit this one out.  I'm too old to wait around in the middle of the night!

Oh man I hear that.  Luckily I am barely young enough that I was able to stay up and handle it on skype and get it sorted.  Took like an hour and half all told and kept me up at least an hour past my bed time.
I look forward to hearing how well it runs!  Hopefully they will crank up the production and I'll be able to add a few to my collection.
Quick update.  Baikal refreshed the pricing payment window for me this morning, so I was able to get my original order paid for.  I'm sure some of you will have them before I will, but I'll post pictures if someone doesn't beat me to it.
not.you
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 03:41:43 PM

Quick update.  Baikal refreshed the pricing payment window for me this morning, so I was able to get my original order paid for.  I'm sure some of you will have them before I will, but I'll post pictures if someone doesn't beat me to it.

Nice.  You know I have a good feeling about these guys as a company.  I like that they are telling people that contact them about ordering a hundred that they can't do it. I like that they limited people to just one so more people can get one.  I hope they improve the website before the next round of hardware selling.
igor123

Activity: 2

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 04:48:55 PM

Nice.  You know I have a good feeling about these guys as a company.  I like that they are telling people that contact them about ordering a hundred that they can't do it. I like that they limited people to just one so more people can get one.  I hope they improve the website before the next round of hardware selling.
scammers how can you be happy?
Radientgurkin

Activity: 182
Merit: 108

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 05:43:50 PM

I have talk with bikalminer on skype, they told me that the miner was available but when I try to but from http://www.baikalminer.com/ but I get out of stock message.

Is the bikalminer account on skype fake ?

Please let me know

thx

yeah there are a bunch of fake baikalminer sites on skype.

use the skype they have on their www page make them verify thru them ail from their to you they are still out i think thou...only order thru the legit web site!

edit: the regular english side of the site does not come up https:// secure in any way ..weird..just informed them ...that should not do that Smiley

I just got on ...no stock on the regular baikalminer site....they informed me weeks ago you are just supposed to lurk on the www site till (or if) they announce lol

Last week I finally got contact with Baikal via a Chinese chat. They are now on some Chinese holiday until April 5th. Anyway, they officially are sold out of A900's but will dispatch group orders of 35, possibly 30. A bit too rich for me but by the next day they said the batch was already taken anyway. They are bound to respond to an order of that size (or larger). If someone here is able to start a group-buy that's probably a way to go forward, I'm down for 5 of the units. PM me if you are able to administer a group-buy.

Where and when? You sure you can reach out to them and get us a guranteed pre order? If so i do half of the 30!

No, I cannot guarantee pre-order.  I actually prefer someone else administer the group buy. I can help trying to get in touch with them. To be honest they havent replied on the chat the last 2 days. Last email I got they prefer ppl order through the site - but there's no stock.  Looks like a dead end..   Angry
miropp

Activity: 810
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 10:14:27 PM

I heard, that communications with Baikal is very very  bad, especially through emails. Usually they dont respond, or it takes ages.
For example one my friend ordered 3 days ago one Cube and immediatelly asked them for BTC price - they respond after one day, but in the night (EU time) so price in BTC expired. On other email request they do not respond.
Absolutely unprofessional.

Longsnowsm

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 10:38:00 PM
Last edit: April 13, 2017, 12:52:26 AM by Longsnowsm

I heard, that communications with Baikal is very very  bad, especially through emails. Usually they dont respond, or it takes ages.
For example one my friend ordered 3 days ago one Cube and immediatelly asked them for BTC price - they respond after one day, but in the night (EU time) so price in BTC expired. On other email request they do not respond.

Deleted this post.
TracerX

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 10:53:00 PM

I heard, that communications with Baikal is very very  bad, especially through emails. Usually they dont respond, or it takes ages.

They refreshed my order so that I could pay, and it must have been around 11PM their time.  It's a small company that probably didn't know what the demand for these products looked like.  I've ordered five different times over the past six months and they've never failed to deliver, which is all that matters.
miropp

Activity: 810
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 12:07:10 AM

Not that Baikal needs anyone to defend them here because I think their reputation here should mean something already.  But maybe you are unaware that there are one or maybe 2 people that are handling this entire operation at Baikal?  Maybe you haven't attempted to communicate with other "companies" in the mining community and tried to conduct business with them? 

Frankly, when you communicate with Baikal you are talking to the actual people that are doing the work there.  They have always been polite, professional, and kept their word.  They may be slammed and are buried under orders and demand, but they are doing their best to respond to everyone and yet they are still very polite and professional when you do get a chance to talk with them.  I am shocked we can reach them at all given what is going on with demand.

If you think this is unacceptable Bitmain will be glad to have you as a customer... Good luck getting them to respond.  Even better luck if you can get a miner that will run without hardware issues, and even better luck than that trying to get it repaired...  You want to be just another "order number" and treated like you don't matter then I would suggest you buy a miner from Bitmain. 

Maybe your frame of reference is too small to compare Baikal to others, but I have had nothing but good experiences with Baikal even under these very stressful times for them as they try to figure out how to get miners built and to meet customer demand.   Maybe it is time to set a reasonable expectation here?

I am buying four years ASIC devices from many manufacturers (several thousands, starting with Asicminer erupters/blades), so I really know something about it, so please dont tell me where to buy.
But I insist that it is wrong if Baikal is not able to set over three days the price of BTC and respond to emails. Baikal I recommended to my good friend and he does not understand why these basic things do not work.

Longsnowsm

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 12:47:43 AM

Not that Baikal needs anyone to defend them here because I think their reputation here should mean something already.  But maybe you are unaware that there are one or maybe 2 people that are handling this entire operation at Baikal?  Maybe you haven't attempted to communicate with other "companies" in the mining community and tried to conduct business with them? 

Frankly, when you communicate with Baikal you are talking to the actual people that are doing the work there.  They have always been polite, professional, and kept their word.  They may be slammed and are buried under orders and demand, but they are doing their best to respond to everyone and yet they are still very polite and professional when you do get a chance to talk with them.  I am shocked we can reach them at all given what is going on with demand.

If you think this is unacceptable Bitmain will be glad to have you as a customer... Good luck getting them to respond.  Even better luck if you can get a miner that will run without hardware issues, and even better luck than that trying to get it repaired...  You want to be just another "order number" and treated like you don't matter then I would suggest you buy a miner from Bitmain. 

Maybe your frame of reference is too small to compare Baikal to others, but I have had nothing but good experiences with Baikal even under these very stressful times for them as they try to figure out how to get miners built and to meet customer demand.   Maybe it is time to set a reasonable expectation here?

I am buying four years ASIC devices from many manufacturers (several thousands, starting with Asicminer erupters/blades), so I really know something about it, so please dont tell me where to buy.
But I insist that it is wrong if Baikal is not able to set over three days the price of BTC and respond to emails. Baikal I recommended to my good friend and he does not understand why these basic things do not work.

Sorry, I did not mean to offend you.  It was only my intent to help.  I will now go back to minding my own business.  Best of luck in your miner purchases.  I hope you are able to work out your issues. 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: