Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 08:50:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BAIKAL - WHAT IS GOING ON?  (Read 27819 times)
maleemk

Activity: 304
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 11:43:29 PM

I am also expecting mine CUBE on wednesday or thursday. though UPS is painful in handling packages here in this part of Canada.

░░░░░░░░███████████████████████░░░
░░░░░░░░▀██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▀
░░░░░░░░░▀█▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀█▄░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░░░░░░░░░█▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░░░░░░░▄█
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░░░░░▄█
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░░░▄█
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░▄█
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░▄█
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██▀
░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Caeruleus

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 09:42:26 AM

Hi,

I'm new on this Board.

Just let you know: I ordered a Baikal Cube last Monday with Confirmation on Tuesday the Miner was shipped on Friday and Today it arrived an i startet mining 20 Minutes Ago.
(Im located in Middle Europe)

Br

Caeruleus
JPP1972

Activity: 362
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 12:16:58 PM

Hi,

I'm new on this Board.

Just let you know: I ordered a Baikal Cube last Monday with Confirmation on Tuesday the Miner was shipped on Friday and Today it arrived an i startet mining 20 Minutes Ago.

Br

Caeruleus

Please tell me how you have powered the cube.... you used a atx power supply with pci-e 6 pin or you used adapter that baikal send with the cube?
Thank you very much
Caeruleus

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 12:37:36 PM

Hi,

I'm new on this Board.

Br

Caeruleus

Please tell me how you have powered the cube.... you used a atx power supply with pci-e 6 pin or you used adapter that baikal send with the cube?
Thank you very much

Hi,

I used a old ATX Power Supply with the 6Pin pci-e Connector

Its an adapter Included if you have a Other Power Source.
http://i67.tinypic.com/2vtwt9k.jpg

br
Caeruleus
MakeMyDay619

Activity: 20

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 12:48:28 PM

Hi,

I'm new on this Board.

Br

Caeruleus

How did you do that guys? The website keeps on saying there's no units in stock. How did you make it happen?
Drawde

Activity: 87
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 01:15:17 PM

Hi,

br
Caeruleus

Is the cube pretty quiet? How difficult was the setup? Mine comes tomorrow.
TracerX

Activity: 918
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 01:19:39 PM

Hi,

I'm new on this Board.

Br

Caeruleus

How did you do that guys? The website keeps on saying there's no units in stock. How did you make it happen?
He said he ordered last week.  I paid for my order on last Wednesday, which means I placed it sometime on last Monday, CST.
Drawde

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 01:22:40 PM

I started my order on Sunday night April 9 right after they opened orders and finally completed it on April 11 after lots of frantic emails and skype attempts. I could buy one or two at that time. I think the inventory went quickly since they were in such great demand. They were difficult to contact during that time due to being so busy with orders and quotes. After placing an order you have to wait until they give you a final price in BTC or Dash in your "My Orders" area on their website and then only 2 hours from that time until they receive the funds. I had to send and then skype my confirmation to them from my wallet to show that the funds were delivered and came from me. The website really sucks but works most of the time.
Caeruleus

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 01:35:16 PM

Hi,

br
Caeruleus

Is the cube pretty quiet? How difficult was the setup? Mine comes tomorrow.

Hi,

Setup ist very simple after you find out the IP adress of the Miner, there are predefined profiles already attached you have to delete them cause the miner instant starts to mine to their profiles... (i think from baikal itself or something) anyway you already know that the device has internet connection...

then you have to enter your mining pool (thats my first miner so i start with suprnova.cc ) they have the cretentials on their site ... only "stratum+tcp://dash80.suprnova.cc:443" and your username and workername (that you have to preconfigure on the suprnova site) has to be filed in.

quiet ? mhh its not very loud i think its like a fan in summer time or so... a stocking room or whatever will be the best place for it i think maybe a dry basement is also nice

br Caeruleus
Caeruleus

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 01:47:20 PM

Hi,

I'm new on this Board.

Br

Caeruleus

I Ordered on Monday Morning 9:00AM CET Time.
China (Shenzen) is from my Home +6 Hours so that means it was afternoon in China when I ordered.
To NYC Time it means Shenzen is +12 Hours
That means if you are lokated somewhere in NY for Example and they start the Ordering Process on Monday Morning in Shenzen you have to stay tuned around afternoon 6-8 PM on Sunday or so...

Hopefuly i writing not totaly shit Smiley

br Caeruleus
not.you
Legendary

Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 03:20:26 PM

Well I thought mine was arriving today (maybe it is) but I didn't notice that the tracking number attached to my order has a package going somewhere on the other side of the country.  Now that it is out for delivery in Miami Florida I suddenly noticed.  So someone in Miami is apparently getting one today.  Too bad I'm more than a thousand miles away from there.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 03:42:48 PM

Well I thought mine was arriving today (maybe it is) but I didn't notice that the tracking number attached to my order has a package going somewhere on the other side of the country.  Now that it is out for delivery in Miami Florida I suddenly noticed.  So someone in Miami is apparently getting one today.  Too bad I'm more than a thousand miles away from there.

any body have a quick source for the psu's to run this?

it is an adapter that fits into the 5 pin with a round connector ..it comes with the unit...you get that and the unit ...thats it zip

you need a power adapter

it is

12v 10amps

5.5mm x 2.5 mm (round) end  (lots of 2.1mm I have here no 2.5mm)

so anyone just trip over one of these at the local walmart or something ..comes tomarrow......baikal that is

amazon will get me one by next tues (lots of 2.1mm I can get the next day ..none at 2.5mm)

anyway worth a shot (would look creepy me scouring the toy aisle of shopko yelling ah ha...finding a toy with the proper adapter .trying to avoid that ) Smiley

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Drawde

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 03:57:58 PM

it is an adapter that fits into the 5 pin with a round connector ..it comes with the unit...you get that and the unit ...thats it zip

I think it's a 6 pin PCIe slot in the cube. You can use a PCIe cable from a MB PSU if you have one or buy a 12v 10a power supply.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 04:10:37 PM

Hi,

I'm new on this Board.

Br

Caeruleus

Thank you very much

Hi,

br
Caeruleus

An adapter like that is to come with I was told. I can't find local 5.5mm x 2.5mm power
Adapter to power the barrel plug 10 amp

Supply power is the issue I think u put an atx in there it fries

Looking for that other psu source

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
not.you
Legendary

Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 04:19:58 PM

Geez I hope not, that's exactly what I am planning to do.
Drawde

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 04:23:52 PM

Hi,

I'm new on this Board.

Br

Caeruleus

Thank you very much

Hi,

br
Caeruleus

An adapter like that is to come with I was told. I can't find local 5.5mm x 2.5mm power

Why do you say it fries if you use an atx PSU PCIe connector? That makes no sense to me.
richardss

Activity: 1

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 04:26:25 PM

I have got a  Grin New Baikal CUBE from here https://www.mininghardwares.com/dash-miner/baikal-miner-cube/baikal-miner-cube-300-mhz-miner but they only gave me one miner Undecided.
Caeruleus

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 04:34:05 PM

Hi,

I'm new on this Board.

Br

Caeruleus

Thank you very much

Hi,

br
Caeruleus

Why it fries? doesent understand why ?

you mean the higher possible output on an ATX Powersuply i gues ?
This is no problem ... The Current (A / Ampere) are not "pushed" they are taken by the consumer...
It doesent matter if the Suply has 12V and 1000A ... the Cube will only use 10 or to be more accurate 8 A from the suplys this is how Electric Power Works.

trust me its my job ...

br Caeruleus
Drawde

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 04:38:28 PM

Why it fries? doesent understand why ?

you mean the higher possible output on an ATX Powersuply i gues ?
This is no problem ... The Current (A / Ampere) are not "pushed" they are taken by the consumer...
It doesent matter if the Suply has 12V and 1000A ... the Cube will only use 10 or to be more accurate 8 A from the suplys this is how Electric Power Works.

trust me its my job ...

br Caeruleus

Is yours working well?
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 04:53:05 PM

Hi,

I'm new on this Board.

Br

Caeruleus

Thank you very much

Hi,

br
Caeruleus

Why do you say it fries if you use an atx PSU PCIe connector? That makes no sense to me.
Thought I was told by baikal Skype. Thus the round adapter.  Pretty sure they use google translate
Maybe language issue. Should probably save such sessions. Clarify please

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: