Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 08:29:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BAIKAL - WHAT IS GOING ON?  (Read 27819 times)
Caeruleus

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 06:13:58 PM

Why it fries? doesent understand why ?

you mean the higher possible output on an ATX Powersuply i gues ?
This is no problem ... The Current (A / Ampere) are not "pushed" they are taken by the consumer...
It doesent matter if the Suply has 12V and 1000A ... the Cube will only use 10 or to be more accurate 8 A from the suplys this is how Electric Power Works.

trust me its my job ...

br Caeruleus

Is yours working well?

Yes Since 9 Hours now.
I also cant imagine why it should not ATX Power Supplys are much more stable in Voltage so there is no much +/- from 12 V and as said the maximum current is irrelevant its only the maximum from the power supply.
not.you
Legendary

Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 06:37:26 PM

I did get mine about 30 minutes ago and it is up and running powered by PCIe from corsair PSU.  So yes, normal PSU PCIe 6 pin power works fine.
JPP1972

Activity: 362
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 06:43:24 PM

I did get mine about 30 minutes ago and it is up and running powered by PCIe from corsair PSU.  So yes, normal PSU PCIe 6 pin power works fine.
My cube is mining about 2 hours ago with a PSU Corsair  cx 750 with pci-e 6 pin, it's working fine! no problem.....
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 06:59:06 PM

My cube is mining about 2 hours ago with a PSU Corsair  cx 750 with pci-e 6 pin, it's working fine! no problem.....

Good to know. Must have misunderstood on skype. Will keep logs from such to decipher
In the future.

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 08:33:33 AM

Well I thought mine was arriving today (maybe it is) but I didn't notice that the tracking number attached to my order has a package going somewhere on the other side of the country.  Now that it is out for delivery in Miami Florida I suddenly noticed.  So someone in Miami is apparently getting one today.  Too bad I'm more than a thousand miles away from there.

any body have a quick source for the psu's to run this?

it is an adapter that fits into the 5 pin with a round connector ..it comes with the unit...you get that and the unit ...thats it zip

you need a power adapter

it is

12v 10amps

5.5mm x 2.5 mm (round) end  (lots of 2.1mm I have here no 2.5mm)

so anyone just trip over one of these at the local walmart or something ..comes tomarrow......baikal that is

amazon will get me one by next tues (lots of 2.1mm I can get the next day ..none at 2.5mm)

anyway worth a shot (would look creepy me scouring the toy aisle of shopko yelling ah ha...finding a toy with the proper adapter .trying to avoid that ) Smiley

ZoomHash used to sell 10 A 12 VDC power cubes for use with Gridseed 80 units, which IIRC the cube used a 2.5 while the Gridseed works with either a 2.1 OR a 2.5

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 09:25:51 AM

Well I thought mine was arriving today (maybe it is) but I didn't notice that the tracking number attached to my order has a package going somewhere on the other side of the country.  Now that it is out for delivery in Miami Florida I suddenly noticed.  So someone in Miami is apparently getting one today.  Too bad I'm more than a thousand miles away from there.

any body have a quick source for the psu's to run this?

it is an adapter that fits into the 5 pin with a round connector ..it comes with the unit...you get that and the unit ...thats it zip

you need a power adapter

it is

12v 10amps

5.5mm x 2.5 mm (round) end  (lots of 2.1mm I have here no 2.5mm)

so anyone just trip over one of these at the local walmart or something ..comes tomarrow......baikal that is

amazon will get me one by next tues (lots of 2.1mm I can get the next day ..none at 2.5mm)

anyway worth a shot (would look creepy me scouring the toy aisle of shopko yelling ah ha...finding a toy with the proper adapter .trying to avoid that ) Smiley

ZoomHash used to sell 10 A 12 VDC power cubes for use with Gridseed 80 units, which IIRC the cube used a 2.5 while the Gridseed works with either a 2.1 OR a 2.5

I"m good ....something with the translation..you can use a regular atx psu....for some reason I got turned around on what the skype baikal rep said in chat...thus
keep track of your skype with them and save is the lesson

I have one coming in a week ..but likely will just use the atx psu

sorry about the confusion..but damn was I confused Smiley

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Drawde

Activity: 87
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 03:58:24 PM

Baikal mentioned the BaikalScanner.exe utility in their documentation for the Cube to "find" their device on the network and they thought they were giving a link to it in the PDF but it was not a link. Does anyone know where to download this from?
Quakenet

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 04:18:03 PM

Baikal mentioned the BaikalScanner.exe utility in their documentation for the Cube to "find" their device on the network and they thought they were giving a link to it in the PDF but it was not a link. Does anyone know where to download this from?

Just use advanced IP Scanner. Works perfectly... no need to download any other program. I use this on all my baikal hardware.
TracerX

Activity: 918
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 05:41:41 PM

I just received my unit this afternoon.  It's well built, as expected.

I did notice something interesting that's a change from the minis.  The controller is now an Orange Pi Zero, which has built-in wifi.  I'll crack open the image this evening and make a pass at getting the wifi configured.  It might be a good option for people with limited space or network cabling.

TrX

edit: the SD card is also way easier to access than previous builds.
Drawde

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 06:57:09 PM

I can't get mine to work correctly, would someone mind posting their config info here? I setup and tried to use suprnova which I used for other coins pointing to port 9995 and it just keeps saying miner loading with no devices running and no pools loading. I then tried to use port 80 as mentioned on suprnova with the same problem.
not.you
Legendary

Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 07:11:44 PM

I can't get mine to work correctly, would someone mind posting their config info here? I setup and tried to use suprnova which I used for other coins pointing to port 9995 and it just keeps saying miner loading with no devices running and no pools loading. I then tried to use port 80 as mentioned on suprnova with the same problem.

Try this:
URL: stratum+tcp://x11.usa.nicehash.com:3336
Algo: X11
User: <any BTC address>
Pass: x
extranonce: checked
Priority: 0

Honestly it sounds like something is wrong with the miner but the above stuff should at least show if you can connect to a pool.  Just put your BTC address for the user name.
Drawde

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 07:16:13 PM

Thanks, I did get it to refresh/work with a power cycle and now it is mining suprnova.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 03:40:22 AM

Trying to /SSH into the baikal 300mh cube

I get into the unit fine and the directory...but have lost all memory on how to get mining screen to come up on
such stuff via /ssh and putty

embarasing ..I used to know Sad

anyone want to show me how to make a batch file again so I can ssh into this baikal 300mh cube
via putty?

I have an old (no longer upgradeable to XP) laptop with linux on it ...by the cube so I can watch that in the basement ..chug away...

I used to know this stuff..been awhile

sheesh.....(gone plug and play too long)

repost it here for everyone ..I'm sure not the only one who wants to know this

later

brad

edit: by the by..my cube is hitting 310.1mh solid....what are others getting?

Drawde

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 04:08:10 AM

I'm getting 309.6 mining on Suprnova.
maleemk

Activity: 304
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 05:52:08 AM

Solid 310 here also

░░░░░░░░███████████████████████░░░
░░░░░░░░▀██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▀
░░░░░░░░░▀█▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀█▄░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░░░░░░░░░█▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░░░░░░░▄█
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░░░░░▄█
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░░░▄█
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░▄█
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░▄█
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██▀
░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░

omshree

Activity: 270
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 06:32:12 AM

I did notice something interesting that's a change from the minis.  The controller is now an Orange Pi Zero, which has built-in wifi.  I'll crack open the image this evening and make a pass at getting the wifi configured.  It might be a good option for people with limited space or network cabling.

TrX

That would be amazing to use it with wifi. They have different data cable than the a900 so cant link them, too much lan cable. Can you share the image if you succeed?

Donate if you like 1ANALSEXXGMd6HaN6CzQXtURLC5H9TjKoo
TracerX

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 01:06:23 PM

I'm getting 309.6 mining on Suprnova.
I also noticed that this device runs 310 pretty consistently.  No complaints on my part!

The change to the Orange Zero does increase the load on the system significantly though.  It doesn't seem to affect the mining performance, but the minis consistently ran at 0.15 and the cubes are running at 4.0 load,  Hopefully we won't see any issues arising from the high load on the controller.  It does seems to take longer to load the web interface.

The cube, at least in my environment, also seems to run a few degrees hotter than my minis.  That anecdotal at best, but things to keep in mind.
TracerX

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 01:07:44 PM

TrX

That would be amazing to use it with wifi. They have different data cable than the a900 so cant link them, too much lan cable. Can you share the image if you succeed?

I'm going to be fiddling with it today, I'll put up instructions when and if I get it working.  It's running Ubuntu, so should be simple enough to configure.
bigassboy

Activity: 373
Merit: 254

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 01:12:04 PM

I was just wondering,

what's the ideal operating temperature for the cube?
what's the maximum that it can go before pulling in the plug?
i'm in the range of 42-43 degrees, what about you guys?
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 01:31:39 PM

I was just wondering,

what's the ideal operating temperature for the cube?
what's the maximum that it can go before pulling in the plug?
i'm in the range of 42-43 degrees, what about you guys?

mine is 34c but it is 50F outside in basement with windows open Smiley

again anyone want to walk me thru how to use putty to /ssh terminal into this beastie?

I forgot how Sad (plug and play is my life) Sad

thanks you can post here for all or we can hide my igrnorance via a pm

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: