Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:56:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BAIKAL - WHAT IS GOING ON?  (Read 27819 times)
not.you
Legendary

Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 01:05:46 PM

I just got a bounceback on my email to baikal@baikalminer.com.  This is the same address I used to communicate with them before.  Not sure what this means but I can think of more bad reasons than good ones.

Code:
The response from the remote server was:
550 5.1.1 <baikal@baikalminer.com>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 01:16:36 PM

I just got a bounceback on my email to baikal@baikalminer.com.  This is the same address I used to communicate with them before.  Not sure what this means but I can think of more bad reasons than good ones.

Code:

well i sent the inquiry letter is all like skype person said...would be epic if skype and email were hacked I guess

no  one has sent any btc right?

could also be they are getting slammed...the baikal site proper is slow...

only other thing is all my orders are gone..including the finished order...last time that happened they added to my page from
shipping to finished

fun times .... stuff to do I guess (like watching asic car wreck) Smiley

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
cryptotore

Activity: 324
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 01:33:35 PM

Code:

well i sent the inquiry letter is all like skype person said...would be epic if skype and email were hacked I guess

no  one has sent any btc right?

only other thing is all my orders are gone..including the finished order...last time that happened they added to my page from
shipping to finished

I've sent BTC for 1 unit, overpaid 400USD too!

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 01:40:38 PM

I just got a bounceback on my email to baikal@baikalminer.com.  This is the same address I used to communicate with them before.  Not sure what this means but I can think of more bad reasons than good ones.

Code:

no  one has sent any btc right?

shipping to finished

I've sent BTC for 1 unit, overpaid 400USD too!

Well ...I salute you (no matter what the meme below says...from my evil side) we shall see..me I have no reply so no issues on this yet ...if I shall see if I
'man up' and do same......doubtful I have the scars from 'sure thingits' from BFL/KNC/Alpha Tech etc....so likely will run away to mommy and not do so Smiley

Your bravery is an inspiration (if not scary as f*ck) Smiley

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
cryptotore

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 01:48:24 PM

Hehe, well, I ordered the cube from the same email address like a week ago, and I got it in my mailbox yesterday. Never thought about getting scammed tbh.
I just couldnt help myself, the gear addiction is real!

If this turns out to be a scam, it would be my first during my 4 years of mining cryptos. I guess I've been lucky in that regard.. so far! :p
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 02:16:36 PM

Hehe, well, I ordered the cube from the same email address like a week ago, and I got it in my mailbox yesterday. Never thought about getting scammed tbh.
I just couldnt help myself, the gear addiction is real!

If this turns out to be a scam, it would be my first during my 4 years of mining cryptos. I guess I've been lucky in that regard.. so far! :p

Well ..it is nite in China now. I did not get a reply..thus will see this coming day

sheesh what a cluster

brad

izzue

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 02:58:38 PM

And now mail server failed to receive email?

On 1st April 2017 the MX record for baikalminer.com is mxn.mxhichina.com but now the MX record changed to wmx.ecounterp.com ?

http://research.dnstrails.com/tools/lookup.htm?domain=baikalminer.com

Something not wright
cryptotore

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 03:43:36 PM

And now mail server failed to receive email?

On 1st April 2017 the MX record for baikalminer.com is mxn.mxhichina.com but now the MX record changed to wmx.ecounterp.com ?

http://research.dnstrails.com/tools/lookup.htm?domain=baikalminer.com

Something not wright

This could be a good thing tho. ERP = Entreprise Resource Planning. Maybe they are upgrading their sales/support systems?

It would make sense if they are migrating their email system as well. It could take hours to update all the END servers!

Or maybe I'm in denial! xD
newmz

Activity: 372

The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 03:46:53 PM

I got my cube a few days ago. Baikal's website was a nightmare to order from but they came through for me twice now.

I have a mini and a cube both hashing on a Singapore node of the Dash P2pool and I'm getting regular payment to my wallet.

I'm sorry for all the people who have had problems but for me it was all OK. I had very little confidence after my experience of ordering the cube but I have to say: you can trust Baikal if you are patient with them and use their email as much as you can when ordering.

Crypto currency enthusiast and miner since 2015. Mined approx 200 ETH during 2016 and 2017 and sold it at approximately $US40 each. Then I watched it reach $1000+ each. If anyone bothers to read this stuff pay attention to this: HODL HODL HODL HODL HODL HODL

I started mining with 1 AMD 7950 and 1 R9-280X. Then I gradually built my AMD operation into 12 R9-290s. Awesome ETH hash but ridiculous power consumption and heat. Over the last year I defected to the Nvidia team. I now use GTX 1070s. They were expensive to buy (probably a bargain now) but awesome hash rate vs. power consumption. blah blah blah blah
not.you
Legendary

Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 03:53:22 PM

I got my cube a few days ago. Baikal's website was a nightmare to order from but they came through for me twice now.

I have a mini and a cube both hashing on a Singapore node of the Dash P2pool and I'm getting regular payment to my wallet.

I'm sorry for all the people who have had problems but for me it was all OK. I had very little confidence after my experience of ordering the cube but I have to say: you can trust Baikal if you are patient with them and use their email as much as you can when ordering.

The question isn't whether baikal is trustworthy, the question today is whether someone is impersonating them.
Fomi4

Activity: 11

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 04:41:34 PM

I can't get it. Baikal seems to earn enough to have a good website and customer service. I've just sent USD wire for 3400$ and when I came back the email server is down and skype is offline. Should I cancel it? Someone did wires before? what is the beneficiary name?
newtybar

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 04:58:08 PM

I think the concern right now is that they are behaving out of the norm.

Ordering through email or skype not the website.  Also, I got an email saying order through skype and others who skype getting a message saying order through email.
Fomi4

Activity: 11

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 05:03:30 PM

Ordering through email or skype not the website.  Also, I got an email saying order through skype and others who skype getting a message saying order through email.

Same with me, I talked to 2 different ppl, and the email of the other person is not broken. I don't know what is going on
SplinterZalinsk

Activity: 227

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 05:04:27 PM

Code:

I'm trying to contact them via that mail as wel... same here => 'Recipient address rejected: User unknown'.
I almost bought it yesterday in pre-order via skype (legit user baikalminer)... Sincerely, I would be having a heart attack at that time trying to get answers (and getting no response) if I had sent over $3196 in btc.  Shocked
OMG... I don't even know what to think now  Undecided
sho

Activity: 1

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 05:06:02 PM

I tried right now to contact them with the email and i get this reply "Address not found
Your message wasn't delivered to baikal@baikalminer.com because the address couldn't be found. Check for typos or unnecessary spaces and try again."
cryptotore

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 05:11:37 PM
Last edit: April 25, 2017, 05:36:54 PM by cryptotore

Ordering through email or skype not the website.  Also, I got an email saying order through skype and others who skype getting a message saying order through email.

The reason they want to talk on skype is because they don't want a long dialog back and forth on email.

My first cube order was done all on email, because my account never got verified on their website. It all worked out.
This time (30min after FB ad/release) I contacted them on the same email regarding the quad cube. They told me to talk to them on skype (to avoid dialog via email).
I then told them what I wanted on skype, and they gave me a "template" (quantity, payment method, address and phone#) they wanted me to "fill in" and send them on email to get an exact quote.
They then gave me a price based on the chinese btc price. 1 BTC = 7300 CNY = 1060USD/BTC.
I paid, and they told me they will send my unit during the second week of May.

Is it really that fishy? Am I being naive? xD

Edit: I got fucked, didn't I?
VoskCoin

Activity: 1414
Merit: 487

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2017, 05:34:42 PM

I received an email from their "official" email to order on skype, so that is alarming what you said. .

Check out my Crypto YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/VoskCoin
If you enjoy my content click Subscribe
molitar

Activity: 322

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 05:37:20 PM

Am I reading you all correctly and Baikalminer is fucking everyone out of an extra $400 for an $799 miner?  WTF?  They need to go put real USD prices on site than and not lie about it.
SplinterZalinsk

Activity: 227

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 05:39:17 PM

Am I reading you all correctly and Baikalminer is fucking everyone out of an extra $400 for an $799 miner?  WTF?  They need to go put real USD prices on site than and not lie about it.

Is there some baikal miner in stock right now? I don't think so...
cryptotore

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 05:40:06 PM

Am I reading you all correctly and Baikalminer is fucking everyone out of an extra $400 for an $799 miner?  WTF?  They need to go put real USD prices on site than and not lie about it.

3700$ for an 3300$ miner :p
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: