Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:03:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Australian exchange advice  (Read 1024 times)
clownius (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 254

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 07:31:01 PM

Ok guys i had a bit of a browse on where is easiest to buy Bitcoin and i have 3 options by the looks of things

https://mtgox.com via Australian Domestic Transfer (but it looks like i need to verify first?)
https://www.spendbitcoins.com/buy/ via Bank Deposit
https://www.omnicoins.com via bank deposit

Does anyone have experience with these three and what’s involved.  Are they trustworthy?

Im firstly looking to buy around $100-200 worth and at a later point may want to sell around 5 to 10 times that.  After that if im happy with how things work i may use bitcoin on a more permanent basis.  Anonymous would be nice but isnt a deal breaker for me.  I will be using my own wallet.

So im hoping some fellow Aussies may be able to give me some advice on this.
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
adamthefishman

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 07:51:25 PM

I have a mt gox account, and a facility where you can deposit at any Australia Post, and I will send you bitcoins.

Let me know if you are interested.
SamuraiHP

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2013, 10:01:36 AM

Hi Clownius,

To address some of your questions:

MtGox deposits via domestic australian transfer will cost you 3.95% and generally take about three business days to see the money in your MtGox account. It will then cost you another 0.6% trade fee to actually buy bitcoins with the deposited funds. And yes - you must be verified.

Spendbitcoins accept cash deposits at bank branches and will charge 10%. They have been operating for a very long time and are indeed trustworthy.

Bitinnovate accept cash deposits at bank brances and will charge 7.9%. I haven't used them personally but have heard enough testimonials from friends to say they too are trustworthy.

and finally there is my service that has just recently launched: BuyBitcoinAustralia.com where you can purchase bitcoins from us via domestic australian transfer. We charge 10%fee and deliver your bitcoins instantly after you confirm the transfer. Currently we support CBA, Westpac, Bankwest, Bendigo and Suncorp bank, so if you have an internet banking account with any of these institutions you can buy bitcoins from us and have them in your wallet in just a few minutes.

cheers
Sam
Emm

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2013, 10:26:13 AM

Just to update the information provided by SamuraiHP above, BuyBitcoinAustralia.com.au now only charges 7.5% fee!  That is the cheapest in Australia.

Customers so far have been extremely satisfied with how fast they receive their bitcoins.  After each purchase is complete, we provide a link to the block-chain so you can see the transfer of the bitcoins.  Shortly after, they will be in your chosen wallet.

We also now accept cash deposits and in-person meetings for Australian's in Melbourne and Perth.  However, we recommend our instant service for optimum convenience and speed.

Cheers,
Emm
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: