Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 07:58:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin in Asia, Africa and the rest of undeveloped world?  (Read 759 times)
bit777 (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 09:38:45 PM

We all know that BTC are not so hard to get in USA and Europe, however if you are living in less developed countries, Bitcoins are harder to get.

So my question is, what merchant as well as user deposit/cashout options there are in the different countries, such as Russia, China, India, even South Africa?
medicine

Activity: 697
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2013, 12:57:07 AM

I live in Korea and I wired money from my Korean bank account to Mt.Gox in Japan.  I sent the wire around 1 or 2pm on a Friday and the money showed up in my account before 5pm the same day.  Now this was in early February, so things weren't as clogged up with Mt.Gox.  I scanned and sent in my docs to verify my account first, which took about 2 or 3 days I recall. 

I wish I could by and sell bitcoins online in Korean won, that would make my life easier, but there aren't any reliable options yet.  Bitcoin is basically unknown in Korea. 
Basically to buy Bitcoins online you only need some sort of bank account and an internet connection. 

Also, I wouldn't call Asia and Africa undeveloped, that's just untrue. 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: