Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 11:49:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Would YOU choose to live forever?  (Read 65796 times)
BTCMILLIONAIRE

Activity: 1358
Merit: 834

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 12:41:06 PM

That would be the stupidest thing humans will ever do. Only GOD can decide wether we live or die. We are just creations and do not have the right to alter what has been given to us already. I really don't see anything good that cam ever come out of this discovery. Yes, human life matters but people die for a reason and this reason gives way for us to multiply. We even have too much addition in population than deduction which becomes a problem for everyone. Thus is just pure bullcrao.
Nah, I'll decide if I can prolong my life myself if I find a way to. And if God ever decides to show up I'll argue with him all day.

Either way, we can just move on to other planets and build higher buildings to counter rising populations, so the only argument you've made is pointless.

Okay then sir, setting religion aside, please do show me a planet that isn't that harsh or hostile and can sustain human life. Doesn't matter if we start from scratch. Then after that, show me a single ship that can carry even a single human being to that place they say might be a potential earth number 2 without getting smushed or hit by lots of space rocks.

Population growth issue isn't pointless. Building higher buildings to counter overpopulation is what's useless. Just try to consider the amount of materials this earth can provide plus all the terrorism and natural disasters. Yes, we have a lot of great engineers making progress in building big structures that cam withstand some natural disasters, but do you think, of all the abuse the earth is getting today, these natural disasters will stay the way they are and not grow bigger and more disastrous?  earth can only give so much for us to use. Without population decreasing, even more serious problems can arise rhan what we are facing today. Amd it will only be a matter of time till we burn this earth dry.

Think about it.
Mars is already in the workings. Venus is possible as well and not much smaller than earth. As technology develops more types of planets will become "habitable". The next "by default" habitable planet is around 12 light years away, which we would be capable of reaching one day as well, although the first crew that goes there would have to live, recreate, and partially die on the spaceship on the way there.
But even that aside, we still have plenty of space on this planet and it's only a matter of sustaining ourselves somehow through technology. We can already build vertical farms that do not depend on the climate to sustain food as well. It might be expensive, but it's certainly doable. It's not really a question of what is possible, but of whether or not humanity will come together to work things out instead of arguing over bullshit and playing political power games like role playing kids.
Fara99789

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 02:39:19 PM

Heт я бы жить вeчнo нe xoтeл пoтoмy чтo этo быcтpo бы нaдoeлo.Дa и я cчитaю чтo вeчнo жить  нe вoзмoжнo.
Masterio

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 04:01:01 PM

I feel like if I chose 'yes' to live forever then at the end (maybe after millions of year) I'll have enough and will want to die - but since it's 'forever' I can't.

I'll probably say no since ONLY the title says forever (and not X amount of time).
gakadem

Activity: 168
Merit: 106

No success in a short time

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 04:05:09 PM

no, even if want it will never happen
because all humans will surely die

ceteh68

Activity: 40

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 05:14:44 PM

of course I choose to live forever but not in this world but in the hereafter
Arman323

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 05:34:23 PM

yeah sure, 100 years (if not less) its too short to discover our planet but i don't really want to be immortal too
HashashInc

Activity: 131

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 05:39:07 PM

Where do i sign for immortality and a spaceship?
zokizuan

Activity: 112
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 06:12:08 PM

Never, Humanity had become Shitty
I would Rather Die
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 06:13:15 PM

Never, Humanity had become Shitty
I would Rather Die

If you think humanity has "become shitty" you should spend more time studying history. Wink
vossybiglady

Activity: 146

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2017, 06:15:05 PM

nah, I kind of want to see what happens next!    Grin

RATEONIUM           
GLOBAL BLOCKCHAIN BASED PRODUCT
SERVICE RATING PLATFORM Gothic
vaughn125

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 06:45:20 PM

That would be the stupidest thing humans will ever do. Only GOD can decide wether we live or die. We are just creations and do not have the right to alter what has been given to us already. I really don't see anything good that cam ever come out of this discovery. Yes, human life matters but people die for a reason and this reason gives way for us to multiply. We even have too much addition in population than deduction which becomes a problem for everyone. Thus is just pure bullcrao.
Nah, I'll decide if I can prolong my life myself if I find a way to. And if God ever decides to show up I'll argue with him all day.

Either way, we can just move on to other planets and build higher buildings to counter rising populations, so the only argument you've made is pointless.

Okay then sir, setting religion aside, please do show me a planet that isn't that harsh or hostile and can sustain human life. Doesn't matter if we start from scratch. Then after that, show me a single ship that can carry even a single human being to that place they say might be a potential earth number 2 without getting smushed or hit by lots of space rocks.

Population growth issue isn't pointless. Building higher buildings to counter overpopulation is what's useless. Just try to consider the amount of materials this earth can provide plus all the terrorism and natural disasters. Yes, we have a lot of great engineers making progress in building big structures that cam withstand some natural disasters, but do you think, of all the abuse the earth is getting today, these natural disasters will stay the way they are and not grow bigger and more disastrous?  earth can only give so much for us to use. Without population decreasing, even more serious problems can arise rhan what we are facing today. Amd it will only be a matter of time till we burn this earth dry.

Think about it.
Mars is already in the workings. Venus is possible as well and not much smaller than earth. As technology develops more types of planets will become "habitable". The next "by default" habitable planet is around 12 light years away, which we would be capable of reaching one day as well, although the first crew that goes there would have to live, recreate, and partially die on the spaceship on the way there.
But even that aside, we still have plenty of space on this planet and it's only a matter of sustaining ourselves somehow through technology. We can already build vertical farms that do not depend on the climate to sustain food as well. It might be expensive, but it's certainly doable. It's not really a question of what is possible, but of whether or not humanity will come together to work things out instead of arguing over bullshit and playing political power games like role playing kids.

Hmm.. true.. but even those planets are making too little to no progress as of now. While i see hope, I don't think those planets can become what we expect it to be anytme soon.

I agree. If there would be unity,  then there's no telling how far humans can progress. The thijg is, this will never ever happen. Unity is something humans are not mature enough to possess. And i highly doubt that this will ever happen anywhere within our generation's lifetime. Heck, I don't even think that it could happen in , let's say a few hundred years from now.

So still, i do not think it would be a great idea for humans to achieve this kind of knowledge.

But hey, that's just me, everyone has their own opinions just about anything. And everyone are most likely to assume theur opinions are right. So I respect your point of view.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 06:53:04 PM

Think about it.

Hmm.. true.. but even those planets are making too little to no progress as of now. While i see hope, I don't think those planets can become what we expect it to be anytme soon.

I agree. If there would be unity,  then there's no telling how far humans can progress. The thijg is, this will never ever happen. Unity is something humans are not mature enough to possess. And i highly doubt that this will ever happen anywhere within our generation's lifetime. Heck, I don't even think that it could happen in , let's say a few hundred years from now.

So still, i do not think it would be a great idea for humans to achieve this kind of knowledge.

But hey, that's just me, everyone has their own opinions just about anything. And everyone are most likely to assume theur opinions are right. So I respect your point of view.
Mars is targeted for 202x, which is in the near future. From that point onward it'll get easier to reach other places too, since Musk would've taken a significant leap forward with regard to rocket technology and other research necessary for staying in space for prolonged amounts of time.

And that's not accounting for breakthroughs in computing, or even AI yet either.

I'm probably going to settle on Mars when I get old and run out of things to do on Earth. Unless longevity science makes a breakthrough as well. Wink
Shikaina

Activity: 364
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 06:54:34 PM

Life was designed to be lived once and then age and die. I dont think this new technology that would reverse the process of aging will totally make one live forever. It could probobly renew aging cells and DNA but we still dont know what are the negative  effects of this on our human body since it is still under trial. Besides, this life is full of problems and sufferings, if living forever with this kind of life is possible, then life would not be enjoyable but tiring, at the end, man will eventually desire to end their lives and die.
fabioganga

Activity: 478
Merit: 113

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2017, 07:08:17 PM

Live forever?

Well, I'm already making my own plans to live forever... as I love the idea of living forever! Grin

I'm far too much curious to discover new things to ever worry that I'd get bored.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 07:15:50 PM

Life was designed to be lived once and then age and die. I dont think this new technology that would reverse the process of aging will totally make one live forever. It could probobly renew aging cells and DNA but we still dont know what are the negative  effects of this on our human body since it is still under trial. Besides, this life is full of problems and sufferings, if living forever with this kind of life is possible, then life would not be enjoyable but tiring, at the end, man will eventually desire to end their lives and die.
Problems are why life is interesting and enjoyable to live. If you think that life would end up being tiring you're 100% doing something wrong with your life and focusing on the wrong things.

Also, rejuvenation and longevity doesn't mean immortality. If you get shot or something you can still die.
Pavel255

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 07:21:24 PM

I do not want to live forever. What will I do after my wife and children die, my friends and parents? What's the point of living alone?

BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 08:23:13 PM

I do not want to live forever. What will I do after my wife and children die, my friends and parents? What's the point of living alone?
Why are people so obsessed with this? I don't see where the problem is. There's enough to experience in the world to stay busy for an eternity even without any friends. I guess you just never tried to enjoy yourself on your own and can't imagine it to be possible?
runner-f

Activity: 30

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 08:47:59 PM

Yes, to me of course. No need to think about this answer very long. I want to live forever...
Jorge158

Activity: 434

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2017, 03:12:03 AM

I would  choose to live forever if i have made a lot of money

[ IQ ]           cash                           THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
                           ⚫   t e l e g r a m   ⚫   f a c e b o o k   ⚫   t w i t t e r                          
[ LISTING ON : P2P [ P ] B2B ]  ◾  Discovering millionaires’ secret with IQ.cash
BADecker (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 1373

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 03:23:41 AM

Absolutely, yes!

Why? Because of how deeply we are tied to the universe, death will be of far greater turmoil spiritually than we can imagine.

Cool

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »
  Print  

Jump to: