Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 05:11:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin's price is so volatile right now! Why should I even hold?  (Read 57638 times)
zenfo

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 09:03:31 PM

I ever read a story about a man who holds his bitcoin for years, if I'm not mistaken, for ten years. he said that he does not care what people said and what happened, he just kept holding and then he finds bitcoin in high price. so I just want to say to keep holding your bitcoin

All involved in the market trading always have the degree of Volatility on its value share on the market trading. The market will go up and down depending on the market issues and the market movement on the price of Bitcoin project. The simple principle followed in the trading Market is " By low and Sell high". You can hold on to your Bitcoin while the market price is low then wait for the right timing once the market price goes up and decide on what to do next for Bitcoin project investment.

If you have been in this industry for a long time, experiencing pumping and dumping in the market values will look normal for you. Volatility is the main characteristic of the crypto currencies and if you are not aware of this, the dump happening in the bitcoin price today might be stressing you out already. The dump and pump in the price is like watching a movie. There are scenes which are tearful and there are scenes that are joyful that can get you carried away with it and get you emotional.Instead of thinking wisely, we might end up making decisions that are not necessary...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
royalfestus

Activity: 2408
Merit: 516

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 10:08:04 PM

Except any more reasonable reason, it is not a good idea/advise to sell any of one assets when the price low. Watch market more often and take s good percentage of profit when high. Have an exit strategy and value to flip or convert to fiat
RuthaRubenstein

Activity: 62
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 01:04:04 PM

For that reason i fear to go into it. The rate is too much to be beared for an investor.
Tomborneque_1102

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2018, 01:23:00 PM

The volatility of Bitcoin is the main thing why it's so popular. its price can increase in instant but not all the time. and those people who hold their Bitcoin are the ones who get the jackpot, sometimes. So for me, if you have a Bitcoin, just hold it for a while and wait for the right time to sell it.
fight-T

Activity: 98

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 01:38:38 PM

Because the price of bitcoin is not fixed, it can decrease or increase quickly, which causes the bitcoin to fluctuate. As I think if you are a smart investor then you should be patiently waiting for stable prices and choosing the right time to sell and make a profit.
tagposh43d

Activity: 58

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 10:37:33 AM

One thing is proven now, btcs dont betray in long run, however be the tactics you follow.
headache1327

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 02:42:52 PM

The price keeps on changing almost everyday. But regardless of its volatile price, many people are still looking up to it. It is because it you'll earn much bigger profit if its volatile.
ArteMixer

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2018, 02:52:04 PM

As any cryptocurrency, it is not supported by any physical value. Plus it is not something humans can not live without, so it defined to be volatile until it's structure changes.
jakoylantern

Activity: 560
Merit: 107

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 05:29:56 PM

With the price of Bitcoin being so volatile should we ever consider buying or even holding if we have bitcoins?

What are your thoughts??? What should we do??

As it stands today at this moment, the Bitcoin volatility index reads:
4.57% the latest 30-day volatility estimate
3.54% the latest 60-day volatility estimate
For me, it will depend on the person if she/he will still hold their bitcoin. Yes, bitcoin’s value is volatile too much right now but if you can still hold your bitcoin because you don’t need extra money why you should sell it because of the reason it is volatile to much? Or you are afraid you one day all your investment in bitcoin will be worthless. In the early days of bitcoin, bitcoin’s value also drops too much that most of its users think its just a bubble/many controversial happen and sell their bitcoin. But some people or users keep on believing because for many reasons and after 3-4 years bitcoin’s increase at 100% or above now these people become a millionaire or billionaire with the help of bitcoin. So if you, can afford to hold your bitcoin should hold your bitcoin because bitcoin’s cost is fluctuating too much maybe after this year-end bitcoin reach $25,000 or above.  Smiley
OrangeSeller

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 09:40:23 AM

Yes it is very volatile right now, but you yourself supposed to know that being volatile is one of the risks that are involved in making use of Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. You never know what will happen next, the price might go up when you least expected and that might the time you already quit, and you will just end in regret.

If you can’t continue to hold you can withdraw your money to cut the loss and wait till the price starts to go up and you can invest it back. But as I said before? It might be the time you withdraw that the price will go up, so it’s left for you to choose.
bellator66

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 09:45:55 AM

By holding it in some time ahead, in the hope you can achieve big profits.
Bitcoin selling price is now falling as low as low.
You have to wait to get a big profit.
Glorypaasa

Activity: 420

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 10:17:06 AM

With the price of Bitcoin being so volatile should we ever consider buying or even holding if we have bitcoins?

The bitcoin volatility index for present day can be seen at: https://btcvol.info/

My opinion of bitcoin longterm can be investigated here in this post titled "Hacks & puppets & forks - how to destroy bitcoin": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1834310.0
As a believer of this technology bitcoin is worth for holding because the demand is always been high and it almost reach the max supplies  for sure bitcoin price will increase more, Volatility is the character of bitcoin it might be good because for faster grow of price but it's very risky also, So we need a right timing before we sell our bitcoin, patience is also needed to become success in holding bitcoin.
valentinen39

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 10:20:26 AM

I think it's better to hold bitcoin until prices back to normal. Fluctuations like this in my opinion reasonable in bitcoin, I'm sure in a few months it will go back to normal and prices will rise. But if have money maybe to buy some bitcoin, it will be able to get profit. In conditions of bitcoin now hold and buy is a good choice. With bitcoin prices that very volatile right now, I am is better to hold and buy because it would be good for long term.

You can always monitor the market if the strikes are very good then you trade when the price is getting higher that is the reason why people are just using bots now a days even it was illegal but still the best thing to do is to trade manually in order to earn experience.
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 12:40:01 PM

I think it's better to hold bitcoin until prices back to normal. Fluctuations like this in my opinion reasonable in bitcoin, I'm sure in a few months it will go back to normal and prices will rise. But if have money maybe to buy some bitcoin, it will be able to get profit. In conditions of bitcoin now hold and buy is a good choice. With bitcoin prices that very volatile right now, I am is better to hold and buy because it would be good for long term.

You can always monitor the market if the strikes are very good then you trade when the price is getting higher that is the reason why people are just using bots now a days even it was illegal but still the best thing to do is to trade manually in order to earn experience.

The problem with monitoring the market consistently from time to time is you're exposing yourself to the risk of being emotionally affected by the market movement. Volatility can victimize you in the short term that's why i'm more comfortable in holding a coin that i believe has potential

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
GeniusAko

Activity: 434
Merit: 117

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 12:55:27 PM

The bitcoin volatility index for present day can be seen at: https://btcvol.info/

My opinion of bitcoin longterm can be investigated here in this post titled "Hacks & puppets & forks - how to destroy bitcoin": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1834310.0
It is true that the bitcoin is so volatile, the reason why we should hold bitcoin is because it has potential in the cryptocurrency market even its price is unstable. The bitcoin has limited supply and its value is continuing to rise up.
mauriek

Activity: 1008
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 12:56:37 PM

The problem with monitoring the market consistently from time to time is you're exposing yourself to the risk of being emotionally affected by the market movement. Volatility can victimize you in the short term that's why i'm more comfortable in holding a coin that i believe has potential
Those who have lots of time to constantly monitor the market prices will easily get benefit from volatile prices with short term trading. But if we have no time to monitoring the market prices due to busy activities, then holding like way you do it is the best.
vaughn125

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 01:39:27 PM

The volatility of Bitcoin is the main thing why it's so popular. its price can increase in instant but not all the time. and those people who hold their Bitcoin are the ones who get the jackpot, sometimes. So for me, if you have a Bitcoin, just hold it for a while and wait for the right time to sell it.

Good idea, the thing is, when is really the right time to sell? That my friend is the trillion dollar question. And the real thing is that no one in this world really does know when is the exact time to make the biggest profit possible for investments. The only thing people can do is to analyze charts and hope for the best that they get as much profits as they can. But not all can do this, which is why a lot of people lose their money.
yanixbtc

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 01:47:16 PM

My opinion about this is that I have to hold my coins because of its volatility. Not is exactly what I need to put in mind that it is not all the time low, it will suddenly rise at the time we least expect. And that is the reason why everybody is holding because all are waiting for the good investment return.
Kakawate

Activity: 378

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 02:00:46 PM

In my opinion, volatility is actually a great advantage for bitcoin user most especially to those cryptotraders out there. This actually helps us to play oir holdings much better, knowing that its price is so volatile, trading and holding is definitely the better option, simply holding your bitcoin is good, but to be able to play with what you have is better.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬ |  𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻    ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬
▬▬ ▬▬ ▬▬ Hard fork Ethereum  ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬  11.1.19  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ANN  ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬ All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Telegram  ▬▬▬▬▬  Twitter  ▬▬▬▬  White Paper  ▬▬▬ ▬▬
Triffin

Activity: 952
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 10:34:50 PM

In my opinion, volatility is actually a great advantage for bitcoin user most especially to those cryptotraders out there. This actually helps us to play oir holdings much better, knowing that its price is so volatile, trading and holding is definitely the better option, simply holding your bitcoin is good, but to be able to play with what you have is better.
Holding is something that has always generated positive results for bitcoin and this is why all the experts give this piece of advice of holding bitcoin when the market seems to crush badly. You never know exactly what is going to happen in the next second in the crypto market and that’s why it is necessary to keep always bitcoin in wallet in order not to miss any important opportunity of making huge money.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: