Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 05:10:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin's price is so volatile right now! Why should I even hold?  (Read 57641 times)
cryptomite

Activity: 304
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 01:23:59 PM

Sometimes bitcoin's volatility is a good thing because you can use it in your favor and trade coins by playing with their fluctuations especially if you are an experienced trader.

spyerf

Activity: 378
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 12:23:15 PM

With the price of Bitcoin being so volatile should we ever consider buying or even holding if we have bitcoins?

What are your thoughts??? What should we do??

As it stands today at this moment, the Bitcoin volatility index reads:
4.57% the latest 30-day volatility estimate
3.54% the latest 60-day volatility estimate

The bitcoin volatility index for present day can be seen at: https://btcvol.info/

My opinion of bitcoin longterm can be investigated here in this post titled "Hacks & puppets & forks - how to destroy bitcoin": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1834310.0
Bitcoin is already famous for its volatility.But not that much like altcoins.Just hold your bitcoins.Very soon,you will reap benefits.Holding bitcoin in long term would be beneficial than short term.

but my opinion for now with short-term investments is more profitable. price changes that are so fast for now have given many chances to get into profit. it just takes longer to constantly monitor the movement of value in the market because we do not know exactly when the time value up and down.
Jimiee

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 12:23:46 PM

Every currency is volatile. Just check the last 10 years EUR/USD chart and look how many times it lost 50% of the value and gained again.
srmecdes

Activity: 266
Merit: 108

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 12:45:28 PM

Every currency is volatile. Just check the top 10 cryptocurremcy chart and look how many times it lost 50% of the value and gained again.
Dasha88fed

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 03:30:05 PM

Every currency is volatile. Just check the top 10 cryptocurremcy chart and look how many times it lost 50% of the value and gained again.
I also look positively at the future and believe that the price will rise, but maybe not as rapidly as it was last year. Moreover, the high price of Bitcoin makes the government bodies and those who own banks nervous. Now many people are afraid of falling prices and want stability, not realizing that this is a cryptocurrency and there is no stability.
cryptomite

Activity: 304

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 06:41:34 AM

There is nothing to be afraid of when we talk about the bitcoin's volatility because it will increase eventually no matter what but you just have to stay patient and wait for the gwowth to happen.

no0dlepunk

Activity: 490
Merit: 258

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 07:06:00 AM

With the price of Bitcoin being so volatile should we ever consider buying or even holding if we have bitcoins?

The bitcoin volatility index for present day can be seen at: https://btcvol.info/

My opinion of bitcoin longterm can be investigated here in this post titled "Hacks & puppets & forks - how to destroy bitcoin": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1834310.0

Yeah, you have a point there my friend. The only reason why we are holding is because we believe that someday, bitcoin will be used as a mainstream money. When that day arrives, my bitcoins are valuable as diamond.

So right now, if you don't think the same way as I do, then there is probably no reason for you to HODL.
yesuidanggan

Activity: 192
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 07:07:10 AM

The total supply of BTC is fixed, but the demand of the market is uncertain, changing constantly due to market speculation.

Blockchain technology develops rapidly, and BTC, as the most successful application of blockchain, is sure to get wide attention and the price will definitely rise!

spongegar

Activity: 476

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 07:20:12 AM

For one thing, sll of crypto currency's prices heavily depend on the supply currently available in the market. If there is alot of supply then whales can easily swoop down and affect the crypto currency simply by buying or selling boatloads of it. If the supply is very limited, whales can affect the market so little therefore the prices would.be stable and strong.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬ |  𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻    ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬
▬▬ ▬▬ ▬▬ Hard fork Ethereum  ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬  11.1.19  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ANN  ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬ All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Telegram  ▬▬▬▬▬  Twitter  ▬▬▬▬  White Paper  ▬▬▬ ▬▬
Rooster101

Activity: 826
Merit: 256

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 07:37:15 AM

It's been proven by many of its investors that you can earn profits in bitcoin even it is volatile. Volatility is use also by traders in their daytrading so it's means any trader can earn profit from bitcoin through its volatile price. Hodling is for long term so there is no reason to worry about the volatility of bitcoin if you waiting for months instead of hours.
Menawi12

Activity: 700
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 09:41:11 AM

The reason many peoples hold bitcoin even the price drop is becasue bitcoin is long term investment. I am believe that bitcoin or cryptocurrency need time years before the market more mature and bigger. I am believe when market more mature, bitcoin will rising the price and reach like many analysis predicted

───[  Blue0x | Network  ]───
─────────────[  Decentralizing Global Finance  ]─────────────
─────────────[  TWITTER    |    DISCORD    |    TELEGRAM  ]─────────────
yohan09

Activity: 336

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 09:43:15 AM

Yup that's true, But i still believe in bitcoins, Bitcoins is much popular and much well respected type of coin, Better hold your coins because someday it will bounces back and another opportunity to earn profit, Just hold on, Bull run is coming very soon.Smiley
icecream sandwich

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 11:27:57 AM

Becwuse you can still gain much more if you hold rather than Selling it. Maybe you are gaining money if you sell that already but if you still hold them and the price continue to rise up of course it will be worth the hold. Just do not waste the opportunity when you have a chance if you sell immediately the price will start to fall so just hold for the price to rise back up again. Bitcoins is a great coin so if you are ggonna panic sell just dont because that investment have given a lot of people a million
doomloop

Activity: 2324
Merit: 582

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 09:25:17 PM

Yup that's true, But i still believe in bitcoins, Bitcoins is much popular and much well respected type of coin, Better hold your coins because someday it will bounces back and another opportunity to earn profit, Just hold on, Bull run is coming very soon.Smiley
We are still good to survive and do not worry, because the coin seems stable below a minimum value in the mean time. This stability is of great importance for investors who invest in the technology for future expectations keeping the low prices aside. As a result, the monetary values of Bitcoin will rise in the near future and those who will hold now will reap good money during the boom.

Jas18

Activity: 153

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 09:41:39 PM

We are still good to survive and do not worry, because the coin seems stable below a minimum value in the mean time. This stability is of great importance for investors who invest in the technology for future expectations keeping the low prices aside. As a result, the monetary values of Bitcoin will rise in the near future and those who will hold now will reap good money during the boom.
Yes i agree, those people who holds and wait will reap good money in the near future. I also agree that bull market will come in the next quarter of the year, i believe that holding your bitcoin will help rise its value and will help us be successful on our investment.
NevejElad

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 10:05:28 PM

It is up to you if you hold or sell your tokens, you are the one managing your coins in your wallet and the bitcoin price is so volatile right now, then one thing to remember is just always monitor your coin market index, so that you can manage your coins very efficient and always gaining as much as possible.
stuartup57

Activity: 39

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 10:09:22 PM

well it hasnt been volatile since last 5 months hardly... It has remained between 6k to 10k...

cryptotenoy

Activity: 134

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 05:12:09 AM

Bitcoin price votality is what we frequently encountered but we haven't reach to the bottom yet so better hold your coins for the next pump.Bitcoin was the stronger coin and the most popular,and as we knew popularity gains adoption and interest,pretty sure this new trend of currency will recover soon.
nesty

Activity: 518
Merit: 184

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 05:24:18 AM

Yes that is already known characteristics of bitcoin. Long holding could result to a greater profit. Bitcoin started up as no value at all and now it has a great value and mostly early investors who patiently wait already earned a very good rate of return and for sure we will earn a good profit as well in holding our investments.

kabelpeggek

Activity: 173
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 05:44:27 AM

The popularity of bitcoin is due to its volatility. The worth of bitcoin is increasing with the passage of time as you compare the past few years with today. If the price goes down best way is to hold your bitcoin until the price rise again, because I am sure the price will continue to rise as in the past and current year.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: