Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 12:37:39 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Which Altcoin are you currently supporting, and Why?  (Read 8074 times)
geopolisch

Activity: 1022
Merit: 511

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 11:56:30 AM
Last edit: March 29, 2017, 01:52:03 PM by geopolisch

Hi All,

It would be interesting to know which Altcoin(s) are you currently supporting and why are you supporting them.

This will greatly generate insights to new adopters and help them get in cryptos.

In addition to BTC, I am holding ETH because of the technology as many new altcoins are developed using ETH blockchain. So for me this is a valuable digital asset for the future of cryptos.

Please share your thoughts on this thread.

All the best!
I support Litecoin and a little bit of dogecoin. Litecoin because I believe if bitcoin is gold than litecoin is silver, they did lose some of their marketshare to all other altcoins and mainly ethereum surpassed them but Litecoin is very old and has a great foundation, I hope they can recover ( I do not hold any litecoins).

However the dogecoin is because of the PR, they did some amazing stuff back in the day, not sure what they are upto now but they tried to bring a lot of PR into cryptocurrency market with their marketing stunts like the nascar thing.
Lucky - Luciano

Activity: 711
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 12:25:58 PM

several years ago i save altcoins which I expect will grow for next 1 year but unfortunately those coin has change became an dead coin because it was delisted from the majority exchanges and from now on i consider most of altcoins would not last long and i have to says currently i just supporting altcoins which is had potential to grow from price side even it will happened for short term but i don't really care about that

I think those who are into the cryptos just for the money are mostly disappointed. I believe supporting the project to grow and become useful should be the key motive. What do you think?
You talk fairy tales for small children. Anyone who is smart  is here for the money. Think a little better.

fkvidar

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 02:13:15 PM

Hi All,

It would be interesting to know which Altcoin(s) are you currently supporting and why are you supporting them.

This will greatly generate insights to new adopters and help them get in cryptos.

In addition to BTC, I am holding ETH because of the technology as many new altcoins are developed using ETH blockchain. So for me this is a valuable digital asset for the future of cryptos.

All the best!
I am supporting Litecoin because its one of the major altcoin that is undervalued at the moment and has high potential to grow upto 8-9$,I think litecoin is best longterm investment.
xspresso (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2017, 02:19:55 PM

Hi All,

All the best!
I am supporting Litecoin because its one of the major altcoin that is undervalued at the moment and has high potential to grow upto 8-9$,I think litecoin is best longterm investment.

I agree with the term undervalued since it has been there from the beginning. By why is that? and what makes you think it would grow to $8-$9 range? I would like to know more about that.
dwgscale11

Activity: 335
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 02:44:53 PM

LTC- matured, "better" bitcoin, 2nd most secure, segwit high chance of activation, on all major China exchanges, "testnet" for segwit on bitcoin (& Lightning network)
Hermanny

Activity: 242

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 04:22:00 PM

I like and support good old LTC. Fair, no scams, so enough said?
republicrypto

Activity: 1414
Merit: 252

Keep it Simple guys :)

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 04:47:01 PM

NXt and waves

both are good platform  Smiley
nemgun

Activity: 882
Merit: 533

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2017, 09:47:42 PM

NXt and waves

NXT ? you mean ardor, annother scam project, i am sad to tell you this but NXT/ARD are schemes made to draw money out of your investments, just have a look at the poor quality of the code.

Waves seems to be a good choice, but their team needs more experience.

Even if both coins are related (supposing, but i am a 90% sure), you should consider watching other projects, these java projects don't really have a futur, unless waves brings a cross platform code.
Goal

Activity: 82

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 09:49:32 PM

NXt and waves

NXT ? you mean ardor, annother scam project, i am sad to tell you this but NXT/ARD are schemes made to draw money out of your investments, just have a look at the poor quality of the code.

Even if both coins are related (supposing, but i am a 90% sure), you should consider watching other projects, these java projects don't really have a futur, unless waves brings a cross platform code.

please give evidence on your logic behind calling it a scam. Looks like a very developed and promising project? Im curious

SBC : sgRFzU71mQcFW3tm7BBaGJntk7G1ish6vx       
WDC: WhznwDGzDA7RZZjcW9hjYa3HPasiV86d3y
QRK: Qb7yTBeFmQGLfGV7P85ZMf2AceHJzANHxC
republicrypto

Activity: 1414
Merit: 252

Keep it Simple guys :)

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 01:57:10 AM

NXt and waves

may be thats in your mind my friend,
the community behind the NXT is the reason, they are strong and very organized,
and as i know NXT is 2nd generation of blockchain technology in this crypto industry <= correct me if i'm wrong my friend.
waves is one of the many successfull ICO project last year <= simple reason Wink because every successfull ico project will make the dev and team have enough fund to improve their project for long term conditions  Wink
Scuds31091

Activity: 352

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 02:08:48 AM

PEPECASH. No explanation needed... oh besides it just hit a new ATH! lol

StevieSparkZ

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 08:18:38 AM

PIVX and MINT

Proof of Stake = energy efficient
Fast transactions
PIVX has privacy
MINT gives you annual 5% from minting.

I have PIVX right now for similar reasons, might look into MINT though, very low right now. Grin
nemgun

Activity: 882
Merit: 533

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2017, 09:50:24 AM

NXt and waves

may be thats in your mind my friend,
the community behind the NXT is the reason, they are strong and very organized,
and as i know NXT is 2nd generation of blockchain technology in this crypto industry <= correct me if i'm wrong my friend.
waves is one of the many successfull ICO project last year <= simple reason Wink because every successfull ico project will make the dev and team have enough fund to improve their project for long term conditions  Wink

I am not blaming waves, nor NXT (who is now ARD).
The most important point to note is that ARD isn't the 2nd generation of blockchain, even more, they are based on java which is a poor language compared to C++ who is far more powerfull then JAVA, plus, it can't be easily integrated.
If you want to judge a coin, do it by integration investigation, the more it is integrated the more it is popular, the community doesn't really counts as they are 99% bagholders.

Now for evidences, it is easy, just check the wallets, the premines, instamines, and you will understand what i mean. Most of the actual projects starts as scam to end as Pyramid schemes, check what is happening with steem, who is by the way, the most unintegrated coin in the altcoins world.
pugman
Legendary

Activity: 2383
Merit: 1551

dogs are cute.

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2017, 12:14:14 PM

supporting a coin that has seen no new tech or growth? I personally back coins that want to do something and are continuously developing new software

BTCwriter
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 12:22:55 PM

I supported
StealthCoin
Ark
Lisk

Because I bought into it and all are good coins.
xspresso (OP)

Activity: 112

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2017, 12:51:26 PM

supporting a coin that has seen no new tech or growth? I personally back coins that want to do something and are continuously developing new software

That's a good point!

I agree that showing stability in price over the years is a good thing for LTC. But where is it heading to? Any progress towards improving its ecosystem to enhance the coin?

I can't see the point of putting $1000 today for instance and have it next year $800 - $1100.

DryPowder

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 01:00:30 PM

PPC and ETH, It's obvious.

Keep Your Powder Dry
S3cco

Activity: 2041
Merit: 528

❤ Bitcoin Garden

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2017, 04:48:21 PM

Hi All,

These are a few of the coins I support:

1) BTC: Where everything started. Best reserve of value, literally digital gold.
2) ETH: Very promising technology, we may see soon a lot of potential applications in real world.
3) BYTEBALL: Most interesting "non-blockchain" technology. Also airdrop distribution, anon, supports tokens and conditional payments.
4) DOGE: Funniest coin ever done. I like the memes but also the fast network and the low fees. Very good for micro payments.
5) ORB: My favorite POS/POW hybrid. I specially like the fixed POS reward, great concept for securing the network.
4) GAME: Great team, coin targets a rich niche (gaming) and proven to perform pretty good so far.
5) INSANE: Fair coin, good team, stunning brand. Lot's of potential here, much undervalued, my opinion.
6) DASH: One of the first coins to focus on privacy. Team worked hard and results finally came.

Other coins I like, in no particular order: MONA, BTS, OK, ERC, CLOAK, ERC, MAGI, ESP - All those coins have teams that have been working restless on their projects for years. In these days, where hundreds of coins born and die every day, this is a great add value. Persistence is one of the keys of success.

Hacker, Pirate, Milf Hunter, Owner of Bitcoin Garden
Mumbeeptind1963

Activity: 1190
Merit: 568

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2017, 05:19:06 PM

Hi All,

This will greatly generate insights to new adopters and help them get in cryptos.OO

All the best!

I'm supporting now the monero coin. I don't know but I has a imagination that it will be rise and never gonna make me disappointed. I'm hoping that it will live in many years also and will continue growing its value in the market.

.#1 DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.Join Origin Pre-Sale.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
ekoice

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 05:28:36 PM

Hi All,

All the best!
I prefer Decred and i hope its the most undervalued coin now.It was launched by a group of former  bitcoin developers.It is a POW/POS coin which can be both mined and staked.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: