Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 03:33:33 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Million Bitcoin Page (Official)  (Read 3262 times)
tmbp (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 05:37:58 AM
Last edit: April 23, 2013, 05:59:33 AM by tmbp

www.millionbitpage.com

I'm sure most of you heard about The Million Dollar Webpage, well this is the bitcoin take on the idea, you can purchase any number of pixels for a really small price, after going through a fully automatic process the image will appear seconds after your payment receives the needed confirmations, after that another person can "outbuy" your pixels if he pays 3 times the amount it cost you and so on.

As of the moment the average price is 0.000075BTC per pixel, so you can purchase pixels for your forum avatars using your change and et cetera.

I am also hear listening to suggestions as always!
zoinky

Activity: 811
Merit: 1000

Web Developer

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 06:05:39 AM

I remember these things!
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 06:09:01 AM

There are literally 12 of these for botcoin already and all of them are failures because they're completely unoriginal.

tmbp (OP)

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 07:14:26 AM

There are literally 12 of these for botcoin already and all of them are failures because they're completely unoriginal.

There is another one which I am aware of where they sell every pixel for the equivalent of 100$ in BTC manually which is just silly. this is an automatic process and you can outbid other players for pixels, the starting price is extremely low.

If I'm missing something throw me a link to a website which is similar to mine.
keatonatron

Activity: 308

Jack of oh so many trades.

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 07:24:36 AM

pixelco.in

1KEATSvAhbB7yj2baLB5xkyJSnkfqPGAqk
tmbp (OP)

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 07:29:15 AM

pixelco.in

Lol, login to buy pixels?
simonk83

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 07:40:34 AM

Oh not this tired old idea again Sad   Someone put one of these up (again) just the other week, search for the thread on here.
bitdragon

Activity: 609
Merit: 501

peace

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2013, 07:41:36 AM

this has been more than 18 months ago already in Bitcoinland.
keep moving and let the new ideas come.

John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1227

Away on an extended break

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 07:48:25 AM

pixelco.in

Bitcoin museum.
tmbp (OP)

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 08:18:16 AM

pixelco.in

Bitcoin museum.

Bitcoin museum is:
A) Bad design
B) Doesn't work
C) Isn't automatic
D) Isn't the same idea

Oh not this tired old idea again Sad   Someone put one of these up (again) just the other week, search for the thread on here.

I've seen the one you're talking about and it's not the same, I have wrote all the scripts for this website myself, it is impossible that a website with an identical script exists, it is also highly unlikely that a website with a similar idea exists.

If I'm wrong point me to a website which is like mine.
keatonatron

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 09:28:45 AM

...it is also highly unlikely that a website with a similar idea exists.

Are you saying that by simply having a login link their site isn't like yours?

Buy pixels for btc: Check
After payment is received picture appears: Check
Others can buy your pixels for more: Check

PharaohUB

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 02:03:04 PM

From your FAQ....

"4. Have you done any Bitcoin projects in the past?
Yes I have but I will not elaborate further."

So you create a question to ask yourself, then you dance around answering the question that you created to ask yourself.  LOL!!  You are a funny man.
tmbp (OP)

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 02:14:46 PM

...it is also highly unlikely that a website with a similar idea exists.

Are you saying that by simply having a login link their site isn't like yours?

Buy pixels for btc: Check
After payment is received picture appears: Check
Others can buy your pixels for more: Check

Tasteless design: Check
Bunch of nerdy wankers manually processing transactions: Check
No "pixels": Check
IMAO outdated concepts that have no use when using Bitcoins: Check

From your FAQ....

"4. Have you done any Bitcoin projects in the past?
Yes I have but I will not elaborate further."

So you create a question to ask yourself, then you dance around answering the question that you created to ask yourself.  LOL!!  You are a funny man.

FAQ is called FAQ for a reason, it stands for Frequently Asked Questions, as someone who also owns other businesses that deal with BTC I have predicted that there will be a certain group of people that will want an answer to this question, so without turning a blind eye to this group of people I say yes, I have done projects on a much bigger scale before, dealt with DDoS, dealt with security, dealt with properly storing and handling coins, the website is being cached and delivered properly and is secure (better than Mt Cocks).

Of course I wouldn't want to tie my identity to my other previous projects because it's generally a bad practice and for my own personal reasons.
ohmannomma

Activity: 144
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 06:28:59 AM
Last edit: April 24, 2013, 07:09:55 AM by ohmannomma

Bitcoin museum.

Bitcoin museum is:
A) Bad design
B) Doesn't work
C) Isn't automatic
D) Isn't the same idea

Oh not this tired old idea again Sad   Someone put one of these up (again) just the other week, search for the thread on here.

I've seen the one you're talking about and it's not the same, I have wrote all the scripts for this website myself, it is impossible that a website with an identical script exists, it is also highly unlikely that a website with a similar idea exists.

sorry to interrupt you, but... all this doesn't matter. taking us in comparison is missing the point.

happy that we woke up somebody, anyway... talent does what it wants, genius does what it can.

our is more of an anthropological research, rather than a rush to get some money.

Bitcoin Museum - here to stay @ http://bitcoinmuseum.com
50 years subscription, own a part of history and help us to describe to the world the impact of the bitcoin phenomena on the human society. Ad Majora.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    delicia | delicia.io    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Decentralized Global Food Network | World's Only Solution to Food Wastage | Join Whitelist Now, Get 30% Bonus
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    Whitepaper | Telegram | Medium | Twitter | FB | ANN    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
tmbp (OP)

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 07:32:51 AM

Bitcoin museum.

Bitcoin museum is:
A) Bad design
B) Doesn't work
C) Isn't automatic
D) Isn't the same idea

Oh not this tired old idea again Sad   Someone put one of these up (again) just the other week, search for the thread on here.

sorry to interrupt you, but... all this doesn't matter. taking us in comparison is missing the point.

happy that we woke up somebody, anyway... talent does what it wants, genius does what it can.

our is more of an anthropological research, rather than a rush to get some money.

50 years subscription, own a part of history and help us to describe to the world the impact of the bitcoin phenomena on the human society. Ad Majora.

Way to spam your website in official discussions about other websites, that'll surely get people to trust you!
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 07:34:32 AM

Battle of the copycat business ideas. A true race to the bottom.

tmbp (OP)

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 07:42:17 AM

How is it a copycat business idea exactly? I have pretty much turned the idea 180 degrees while introducing cryptocurrencies and bitcoin gem like concepts, even though I have never even heard of the bitcoin gem before. It is about as much of a copycat of the original The Million Dollar Webpage as bitcoin is a copycat of fiat. Haters gonna hate  Kiss
mem

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

Herp Derp PTY LTD

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 08:05:30 AM

How is it a copycat business idea exactly? I have pretty much turned the idea 180 degrees while introducing cryptocurrencies and bitcoin gem like concepts, even though I have never even heard of the bitcoin gem before. It is about as much of a copycat of the original The Million Dollar Webpage as bitcoin is a copycat of fiat. Haters gonna hate  Kiss

Haha seriously its safe to ignore MnW, all he does is rip people off and attempt to big note himself.

keatonatron

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 08:07:02 AM

I have pretty much turned the idea 180 degrees

180 degrees would be a site that buys pixels from your visitors instead of the other way around  Wink

ohmannomma

Activity: 144
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 09:01:01 AM
Last edit: April 24, 2013, 09:34:08 AM by ohmannomma

Bitcoin museum.

Bitcoin museum is:
A) Bad design
B) Doesn't work
C) Isn't automatic
D) Isn't the same idea

Way to spam your website in official discussions about other websites, that'll surely get people to trust you!

I think i came to your post because it was mentioning the bitcoin museum, and I noticed you spent some quick judgement and inaccurate words about it, probably because we come from different places and we are just here for different reasons. Useless to say that the museum is working perfectly and automatically, and we wouldn't be lack of programmers, if we'd see the need. that's why i pmd you asking if you would have liked to give us your whole script in exchange for a presence on the board.

The potential (and the duties) of The museum could turn out to be huge and we are here to document and observe, not to make easy money trying to find a reason for what we are doing. We just don't care if your site looks prettier (by the way the museum so far is fully working automatically and you said incorrectly to get some free trust discrediting what you didn't even try, that B.it doesn't work) or it "looks like a clone"..it is just another thing. maybe you cannot see it, we don't blame you for it. easy to understand that if you like bitcoin and maybe invest in it, you should hope that the museum will look healthy. we don't. we just want to observe, so far, the interaction with the 'ecosystem'.

Obviously an istitution doesn't need your trust as a self-referentiated individual, that probably sees life as a competition, and surely sounds like he hasn't been always on the winning side. We leave you to your "official" discussion about finding reasons to your actions.

what looked like spam, it was us trying to speak your pop language, so we repeat, and you should too, for coherence, if you believe in cryptocurrencies:

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    delicia | delicia.io    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Decentralized Global Food Network | World's Only Solution to Food Wastage | Join Whitelist Now, Get 30% Bonus
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    Whitepaper | Telegram | Medium | Twitter | FB | ANN    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: