Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:07:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Baikal miner Problems,Tips and Help  (Read 26293 times)
lightfoot
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 2239

I fix broken miners. And make holes in teeth :-)

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 12:16:16 AM

It was bound to happen: One of these little guys crossed my repair desk. Doesn't work, says the owner

Powered it up with a 12 volt supply (positive tip), nothing. Took off the Orange Pi, noticed the burn mark on the back, tested it by itself, dead. That explains that. Ordered a new OPi, downloaded the latest code to it, hooked it up, fired it up.

Web site comes up, put in a bitcoin address for nicehash, pools are running, no miners running. Same network I use for litecoin testing, so the net should be ok.

No lights on the unit at all which is making me wonder if the ARM chip is blown as well. Question: Should any lights come on the hashing board, is there a way to test the SPI lines to see if the miner is on the ring, and anything else I can test to see if the CPU is up or not?

If not I could reflow a new chip, but not sure if you can load the firmware on a clean chip. Likewise what's the best way to hook up to the 4 pins, adapter or cut up a USB cable?

Thanks. Interesting little thing wonder if I can fix it...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Pumba_g3

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 12:07:07 PM
Last edit: August 13, 2017, 12:42:17 PM by Pumba_g3

Hello. Baikal miner not mining. Shows 3 in the graphical interface 450mh not 600mh. And only red flashing on one miner. Any tips on how I can fix this? Help me! https://youtu.be/k9gdTkNADCk
lightfoot
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 04:09:25 AM

Not sure, but I have noticed that if the Pi goes out it can take out the CPU on the miner. Is there a place where I can download the miner firmware for a reflash; I'm going to try replacing the CPU.

C
quicksourcing

Activity: 3

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 09:34:48 PM

Hi everyone,

I have purchased a brand new Baikal Cube at the end of April 2017 and as of August 2017 the Cube stopped working. I am hoping for your help in resolving this issue.

One day the Cube just stopped working and blue and green lights are continuously blinking. Also I am not able to see the Cube on my router's client list when its turned on, so I have not access to the Cube interface. Something else I noticed is that the lights on the ethernet port on the miner are not blinking at all. The Cube has always operated in room temperature (not hot).  I tried the following:

1. Restarting the Cube
2. Restarting the Cube and connecting it to PC via USB cord and jumper switched to H (as per user guide instructions)
3. I also tried removing the SD card and flashing a new image from Baikal website (PiZero_170605_V1.4) onto the SD card.

Prior to the issues occurring, I have not had any changes to equipment (router, internet, etc.).

I tried a various options discussed in this topic, but none seem to resolve my issue. Any further advice or help you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
lightfoot
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 02:15:24 AM

Hi everyone,

I have purchased a brand new Baikal Cube at the end of April 2017 and as of August 2017 the Cube stopped working. I am hoping for your help in resolving this issue.

One day the Cube just stopped working and blue and green lights are continuously blinking. Also I am not able to see the Cube on my router's client list when its turned on, so I have not access to the Cube interface. Something else I noticed is that the lights on the ethernet port on the miner are not blinking at all. The Cube has always operated in room temperature (not hot).  I tried the following:

1. Restarting the Cube
2. Restarting the Cube and connecting it to PC via USB cord and jumper switched to H (as per user guide instructions)
3. I also tried removing the SD card and flashing a new image from Baikal website (PiZero_170605_V1.4) onto the SD card.

Prior to the issues occurring, I have not had any changes to equipment (router, internet, etc.).

I tried a various options discussed in this topic, but none seem to resolve my issue. Any further advice or help you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
Is the Pi even working? Maybe get a new Orange Pi, the one I have here blew the Pi which also took out the Atmel CPU chip on the board. Blah.
quicksourcing

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 05:12:09 PM

Lightfoot,

Thanks for your reply. Is there any way I can check if the orange PI is working? Is it's not, what model of orange PI should I be looking for as a replacement?

lightfoot
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 01:32:18 AM

Lightfoot,

Thanks for your reply. Is there any way I can check if the orange PI is working? Is it's not, what model of orange PI should I be looking for as a replacement?

Sure. Take it off and see if it boots. I think there is only one Orange Pi, so go for it.

What's the worst that could happen?

C
lightfoot
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 01:47:07 AM

Or you could mail it over to me and I'll take a look at it. I'd like to see what a working one of these looks like if I can fix it.
quicksourcing

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 04:46:38 AM

Thanks. I will try to replace the orange Pi. Can you share a link to a direct replacement on ebay or amazon? I see there are multiple configurations when it comes to connecting the unit to the miner. Mine has 2 rows of 13 pins, but I can seem to find a Pi Zero that looks like that anywhere.

the current Pi I have have the following sticker on the back: Pi Zero, 256M, 201703070602. I am not sure what that means, but searching for it doesn't bring to the right place.

Dan888

Activity: 31

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 06:13:12 PM

Hi,

this forum is my last hope, it would be great if someone could help me.
My baikal giant A900 stopped working afer a electricity cut during a thunderstorm.
That was 3 days ago and since then the miner doesn't work anymore. Blue lights won't stop flashing and in the interface it says miner is up but no devices running.

I already tried to flash the latest image for sd card "PiOne_4G_V3.3_170605". Doesn't help.
I also connected the orange pi to a monitor and it shows "failed to set cpu frequency to 1536 mhz" and also "cannot enable port 1 maybe the usb cable is bad".
The PSU is alright but I also checked with another one, no change.
So I think that maybe the sd card image is bad. Does someone have another image for the giant?
I also was looking for the firmware of the miner, but I can only find the baikal mini one.

Thanks.
baikal

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

www.baikalminer.com

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 04:27:23 AM

Hello. Baikal miner not mining. Shows 3 in the graphical interface 450mh not 600mh. And only red flashing on one miner. Any tips on how I can fix this? Help me! https://youtu.be/k9gdTkNADCk

remove all cables, just power that top miner. if only red light on. then send that top board back to us for repairing.
contact support@baikalminer.com for troubleshooting.

Our cutting-edge technology creates a brighter future for you!
baikal

www.baikalminer.com

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 04:28:16 AM

Not sure, but I have noticed that if the Pi goes out it can take out the CPU on the miner. Is there a place where I can download the miner firmware for a reflash; I'm going to try replacing the CPU.

C

https://github.com/baikalminer/multi-algo-miner/tree/master/orangepi

baikal

www.baikalminer.com

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 07:39:10 AM

Any questions about miner, please do not hesitate to contact our after-sale colleague. support@baikalminer.com.

sometime maybe have delay on reply, but we surely will get back to you Smiley, we will help you make all miner back to working.

Steven3iii

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 08:42:30 AM

I knew Baikal would turn up sooner rather than later.

I have generally had good experiences with these miners. Whenever I have a problem, I have often needed a bigger power supply (they degrade) or I need to check my work in connection them. Roll Eyes

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
lightfoot
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 02:33:08 PM

Any questions about miner, please do not hesitate to contact our after-sale colleague. support@baikalminer.com.

sometime maybe have delay on reply, but we surely will get back to you Smiley, we will help you make all miner back to working.

Good to hear from the vendor. Seems like the Orange Pi's have a habit of blowing up, would it be possible for you to post the following:

1) How one can reload the Atmel CPU on the miner in the event it needs to be replaced?
   (I have a miner here in the shop. The Pi blew up and took out everything on the SPI line which appears to be that component)
2) Exact model of orange Pi and firmware on SD card we should be loading.

Thanks!
C
Freight

Activity: 56

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 04:10:06 AM

I have a Baikal Giant Plus that only hashes with one board. I've tried moving the white cable as well as the control board to no avail. Let me know if there's troubleshooting I can try thanks.
tunth

Activity: 278
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 10:01:40 PM

Hi ppl, i have bought me recently a cube, it was working fine until i saw that it stopt every 10min. and then to start again mining.
It was not getting hot.
But i saw that the power adapter that was deliverd with it was max 7amps at 80W max.
And i had a 240W 12v 30A switching psu, that i tried to power it, when the cube blew a chip.
Now only the fan is blowing, no signs from the cube it self.

What did i do wrong?

And can some one take a photo off the board pls, to see what chip it was?

lightfoot
Legendary

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 12:11:03 AM

So what blew up, the Pi controller underneath or the chip itself?
Steven3iii

Activity: 238

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 07:15:46 AM

C

That is a power problem. Can you put a separate power source into the board that is blinking? It should work from there.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
tunth

Activity: 278
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 05:55:37 PM

So what blew up, the Pi controller underneath or the chip itself?
Here are photos of the burned ic.
I like to know what it exactly is.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: