Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 05:52:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Just realized how quickly PIVX grew.  (Read 1644 times)
Rockie1234 (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 03:41:20 PM

Just a few days ago, there was someone mentioning PIVX (Dash but set up without the instamine). I quickly dismissed it, saying it would never get anywhere, especially because a few months ago I saw it being set up (what I mean is it is a very new coin).

I thought it was still a fairly unknown coin, but as of now it stands at 30 million market cap, ranked about 20 out of all coins!

Anyone else realise just now how big it has become? Interested to hear your thoughts and speculation on it (do they have well known devs?)
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 03:49:46 PM

It's not that new (genesis block on 29 Jan 2016) and while it got pumped along with Dash and others (TX, EXCL), it "deserves" its current price if you ask me. It's not just a simple Dash clone, it has PoS, masternode voting (owners can propose and vote on changes to the coin) PoS/masternode reward balancing "seesaw" mechanism, zerocoin protocol is on the way and so on.

My biggest issue with it is that trading is very centralized (~97% on Bittrex) as of now. Hopefully Poloniex will eventually add it.

Not your keys, not your coins!
The Crypto Baron

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 03:55:44 PM

It's not that new (genesis block on 29 Jan 2016) and while it got pumped along with Dash and others (TX, EXCL), it "deserves" its current price if you ask me. It's not just a simple Dash clone, it has PoS, masternode voting (owners can propose and vote on changes to the coin) PoS/masternode reward balancing "seesaw" mechanism, zerocoin protocol is on the way and so on.

My biggest issue with it is that trading is very centralized (~97% on Bittrex) as of now. Hopefully Poloniex will eventually add it.

Vehemently agree with every word.  I have a crypto analysis youtube channel (address in sig) where I talk about all things crypto (Everything from BTC updates to ByteBall news, interesting ICOs, wallet staking, etc.)  Out of all of them, PIVX is my favorite project for the reasons you stated above and the underlying community itself (best/most supportive in the crypto space, imo)

Also, in my last episode, I ran some compound interest calculations and PIVX staking is a goldmine right now.  I projected 31.1% (albeit that doesn't take into account the diminishing block rewards taking place over the next couple months)

Rockie1234 (OP)

Activity: 476

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 06:19:49 PM

So is it purely POS? Who are the devs behind it?
presstab
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 10:53:46 PM

So is it purely POS? Who are the devs behind it?

I am working pretty hard on pivx at the moment, as well as some other people such as Fuzzbawls, Mrs X, and Spock. There are also various other developers that contribute. Feel free to poke your head around the repo https://github.com/PIVX-Project/PIVX/commits/master

I added PoS to the Dash codebase that pivx was running on, and PoW has been completely phased out.

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
young going rich nigga

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 12:01:28 AM

coulda been rich if i stacked this for the past month damn
TreeAcid

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

What's in the Magic bottle?

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 12:41:19 AM

Can anyone shed light on or give a clue as to the next anonymous/private based coin? Judging so far, DASH built on BTC platform and did that better, and PIVX is competing with DASH trying to do that better...is there any anon/private coin competing with PIVX at the moment? Or soon to be released? Because PIVX is kind of hard to catch on due to the name acronyms. I can say "bitcoin" and "dash" but trying to say "pivix" or "peev-ex" makes me sound retarded IRL.
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 12:53:26 AM

Can anyone shed light on or give a clue as to the next anonymous/private based coin? Judging so far, DASH built on BTC platform and did that better, and PIVX is competing with DASH trying to do that better...is there any anon/private coin competing with PIVX at the moment? Or soon to be released? Because PIVX is kind of hard to catch on due to the name acronyms. I can say "bitcoin" and "dash" but trying to say "pivix" or "peev-ex" makes me sound retarded IRL.

I mean, I disliked the rebrand name PIVX at first but if pronunciation is your biggest selling point you might as well just start buying into brainless ICO scams that sound cool...

Not your keys, not your coins!
TreeAcid

What's in the Magic bottle?

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 12:55:06 AM

I mean, I disliked the rebrand name PIVX at first but if pronunciation is your biggest selling point you might as well just start buying into brainless ICO scams that sound cool...

Disregarding that, the question remains. Any alts right now or coming out soon utilizing anonymous transactions along with masternodes?
AusKipper

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 01:00:24 AM

Disregarding that, the question remains. Any alts right now or coming out soon utilizing anonymous transactions along with masternodes?

Decred is planning in implementing privacy features, but is not currently doing so as they are working on other things.

Decred allows staking of coins for PoS rewards though I dont specifically know if they have masternodes.

hansen.ng

Activity: 632

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 05:06:53 PM

I was lucky enough to buy some and the next day it doubles. But seriously it has potential.

PROTECTING YOUR PRIVACY
WITH BITCOIN'S HASHRATE

POWERS SuperNET
TECHNOLOGY
░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░▄███████▄░░░░████████
░░░░███████████░░░░██████
░░░▀███████████░░░░████░░
███▄░░░░░░░░░░▀████░░░███░░██
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████░░░██░░██
█████████████▄░░████░░░░░
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░▄████████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
shannen87

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 05:05:22 PM

I was lucky enough to buy some and the next day it doubles. But seriously it has potential.

I think the bubble already burst. Don't see it pumping another 1000%.
Fatoshi

Activity: 672

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 05:23:36 PM

The big gains are done, smart people like myself bought PIVX when it was 2m marketcap and now i'm buying bitsend at a similar price. Dummies are always late to the party.
shannen87

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 05:39:27 PM

The big gains are done, smart people like myself bought PIVX when it was 2m marketcap and now i'm buying bitsend at a similar price. Dummies are always late to the party.

What is bitsend?
Piston Honda
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1064

Juicin' crypto

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 05:42:17 PM

uselesssssssssssssssssssssssssss

$ADK ~ watch & learn...
The Crypto Baron

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 05:44:35 PM

...says the shill for Wild Beast Bitcoin while posting no real argument  Cheesy

Piston Honda
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1064

Juicin' crypto

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 05:46:16 PM

lol shill?  i hold many coins cuck.

argument? i won't need one when you see what an altcoin can/will actually do (ie. wbb rebrand about to launch).

but whatever.

$ADK ~ watch & learn...
Fatoshi

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 05:48:37 PM

What is bitsend?

My next scalp in my long stream of success at picking winners early. (sorry that's me being as modest as I can)

*BTW what idle millennial spineless ingrate asks that question.....Go fucking research I just gave you the fucking girl and you fucking ask where do I put my dick.
Fatoshi

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 05:54:55 PM

lol shill?  i hold many coins cuck.

argument? i won't need one when you see what an altcoin can/will actually do (ie. wbb rebrand about to launch).

but whatever.

WOW a relaunch better known as a name change! hahahaha Great argument.
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2017, 06:01:58 PM

What is bitsend?

My next scalp in my long stream of success at picking winners early. (sorry that's me being as modest as I can)

*BTW what idle millennial spineless ingrate asks that question.....Go fucking research I just gave you the fucking girl and you fucking ask where do I put my dick.

Am I reading your post history wrong in noticing that your first mention of bitsend is March 20, which happens to correlate to a sharp rise and likely means you bought into that high and are looking for the next pump to exit? Again, I may have missed a post earlier than March 20th that validates your claim of picking (a) winner(s)--as a post pre March 19th would validate you managed to time one wave.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: