Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 08:05:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: SHOCKER: SEC denies SolidX Bitocin ETF Proposal  (Read 915 times)
sportis

Activity: 406
Merit: 252

Veni, Vidi, Vici

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 01:13:50 PM

Ah, obviously not a surprise here. If the Winklevii get denied there's no reason for SolidX to get approved...it was all based on bias toward the bitcoin market, rather than actual concern for the investment product or firm.

News came out about an hour ago: http://www.coindesk.com/sec-denies-solidx-bitcoin-etf-proposal/

I believe the SEC's response/explanation was a bit more specific this time around. They explicitly say "the market must be regulated." That's more bold than the first ETF denial, yeah? And pretty much guarantees that Wall Street investors will never have an alley way to Bitcoin from Wall Street.

Other thoughts?

I would really surprised if SEC had end up in different decision than about one month ago in Winklevoss ETF. Market knows that SEC wants regulation, but nobody clearly knows what kind and how heavy, so for some time nobody, imo, will bother to involve with this kind of share. Currently, the big issue is only the possible hardfork of bitcoin.
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 01:18:03 PM

Ah, obviously not a surprise here. If the Winklevii get denied there's no reason for SolidX to get approved...it was all based on bias toward the bitcoin market, rather than actual concern for the investment product or firm.

News came out about an hour ago: http://www.coindesk.com/sec-denies-solidx-bitcoin-etf-proposal/

I believe the SEC's response/explanation was a bit more specific this time around. They explicitly say "the market must be regulated." That's more bold than the first ETF denial, yeah? And pretty much guarantees that Wall Street investors will never have an alley way to Bitcoin from Wall Street.

Other thoughts?

It is clear as a water that the Securities and Exchange Commission did not approve the SolidX TF due to the unregulated market. The main thing is that bitcoin will not be able to be even approved by the SEC in its lifetime. The main reason was bitcoin being a decentralized currency leaving it as an  unregulated currency. Anyway we dont need SEC approval nor we need ETF to make bitcoin boom.
Mometaskers

Activity: 1764
Merit: 584

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 06:59:00 AM

They denied the ETF because it had no insurance for their clients. SolidX hasn't done anything to fix this, so they got denied as well.
Not much of a shocker, really. This is not a final ruling, they can appeal or adjust and file again.

I haven't read much about the details but I thought SolidX have insurance? Or was that another ETF slated for review later?

Well regardless, even though previous ETF denial did affect the price, it was only slight. The larger drops we have seen recently has more to do with the looming possibility of a fork rather than the SEC denial.

The ETF might have made bitcoin a bit more popular with the public but even without that it attracted enough interest anyway from people who are on the hunt for a profit.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: