Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 04:03:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What will happen with Bitcoin if it never scales?  (Read 11388 times)
777Jolami

Activity: 700
Merit: 14

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 11:29:19 AM

What do you think that might happen with Bitcoin if no scalable solution becomes accepted?

Will it remain as a store of value, while other altcoins take the lead for everyday transactions? Or will another cryptocurrency take its place as the top in marketcap?

I would like to know your thoughts about this, as the ongoing scaling debate will further limit Bitcoin from reaching new heights. As for me, I believe that the Bitcoin community would come up at a resolution somehow to put an end to this issue, and make the pioneer cryptocurrency great again. What do you think?  Smiley
at this time no one can confirm it but I am sure bitcoin will remain the best coin even when the price of crypto coins has decreased very drastically bitcoin still remain the highest value if the cryptocurrency is not scale I think we just need to be patient and confidence in bitcoin
Yes. BTC is still the leading coin on the crypto market. There will not be any pennies that can surpass the BTC. BTC is a coin that exists and develops for a long time. Many Crypto users will think of BTC, which is something other coin will never do. So BTC forever is the king of cryptography
cryptojacklife

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 11:47:21 AM

If bitcoin never scales:

1. The usage will definitely go down and other cryptocurrencies will take its position. So scaling is important for Bitcoins to move to a higher level in terms of technology.

2. With new crypto technologies/currencies launching every now and then, the bitcoin dominance (market share) will be expected to go down

3. However, Bitcoin is the father of all the currencies, It is known as digital gold. It can still be taken as a 'store of value'. We can still buy them and hoard them as digital gold as they do for physical gold or diamond.

4. It can be held as a precious thing, which can be passed through generations (hope this happens Smiley

5. Bitcoin has a first mover advantage, and all the other cryptos take learnings from it. So existence is supposed to be intact and should survive for years to come, even if the scaling does not happen.
fuer44

Activity: 1652
Merit: 262

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2018, 11:55:51 AM

in fact all there are positive and negative impact. if bitcoin scales and keeps growing its value higher, it can actually make its value will be destroyed someday. because bitcoin is considered a medium of digital investment and not a benchmark of exchange from currencies around the world. long-term effects, can affect the performance of banks in a country.

B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
tentara pelajar

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 05:26:32 AM

At first bitcoin is indeed accepted as an asset. It's just the development until now bitcoin serve as a means of payment. If bitcoin never scales in my opinion bitcoin will remain an assetand the use of bitcoin as a means of payment will decrease. If comparing the value, volume and circuating supply between bitcoin and altcoin to date, I think nothing will replace bitcoin.
ondabeat

Activity: 104

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 10:00:18 AM

if Bitcoin is the main currency (so far) crypto currency, and it has not been scaled as currency, there is no crypto currency that tends to scale for mass adoption.
The real obstacle I see is price stability. It's hard for merchants to have confidence in receiving bitcoin if they do not have confidence that the income they produce today will have the same value as tomorrow.
Ven chainn

Activity: 41

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 10:07:17 AM

I dont even like to imagine a scenario where bitcoin fails to scale, because it could get very ugly for all cryptocurrencies in the market...
buhna

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 10:12:50 AM

Never know what will be in the future. That's why we shouldn't believe only in bitcoin and have only it in our portfolio. If your money invest in different places and coins, you can save it more in hard situation.

Domino68

Activity: 62
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 10:23:56 AM

I think bitcoin is the face of digital currency. when you meet someone and you want to tell them about digital currency you must first mention bitcoin
schmeckles22

Activity: 25

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 10:28:41 AM

if it can't scale there is no way you'll be able to use it for everyday transactions in reasonable manner.
it might stick around for trading but not for everyday use.
Mr. Perfect

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 10:29:30 AM

I think bitcoin is the face of digital currency. When you meet someone and you want to tell them about digital currency you must first mention bitcoin. You cannot mention all coins, but at least the history will be traced to bitcoin. So even if it never scales it will be a great store of value, people will buy it then exchanges it with other crypto particularly ethereum or dash that is if they want a faster transaction.
Anita4coin

Activity: 3

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 10:31:03 AM

i don't think any other coin can replace bitcoin from top position in marketcap due to different reason but bitcoin has the largest community support.
bmgs

Activity: 519
Merit: 16

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 10:35:27 AM

Another coin that can be scaled will be used if BTC can't scale. It is like MySpace and others. MySpace was the most used social platform. But now no one use it.
Onews1990

Activity: 362
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 10:44:01 AM

I am sure the bitcoin will turn into the strong currency and will be accepted for everyday transactions soon.
priselive

Activity: 81

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 11:01:10 AM

it probably just descends in price, and will be constantly on it, it stabilizes, but it will not be profitable as it was before)
EGOR EXACT

Activity: 98

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 11:03:29 AM

I think that not all coins can be in the top of the most popular coins of the world. Like all companies, like banks, everything can be interesting only in specific countries or territories, and only a few become famous in the world, although cryptomir unites the whole planet
12tribes

Activity: 378
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 11:07:28 AM

The bitcoin is built to operate within an ecosystem that is cryptographic in nature. Every cryptographic ledger has a scalability potential which is the reason this mode of transaction can be deployed for a wide range of uses. It likely couldn't happen. But if it happens, the other altcoins will also suffer the same loss at some point.

12tribes

Activity: 378
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 11:09:49 AM

The bitcoin is built to operate within an ecosystem that is cryptographic in nature. Every cryptographic ledger has a scalability potential which is the reason this mode of transaction can be deployed for a wide range of uses. It likely couldn't happen. But if it happens, the other altcoins will also suffer the same loss at some point.

dodz031718

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 11:29:22 AM

For micro transaction as a normal form for transaction in the market and as the top in all cryptosites will be difficult for bitcoin to be used.In years coming the price of bitcoin will still be increasing.Other coins will increase but can not beat the price of bitcoin in the market.No real problem with that other than fluctuations before exchange. Somebody from Coinbase said in an interview that their large merchants exchange their bitcoin for fiat.
Haliburton

Activity: 502
Merit: 118

Liberated Forever. Domesticated Never.

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 12:50:02 AM

If Bitcoin never scales, then I guess that it would be doomed then. Other cryptocurrencies have already scaled and have implemented better features than Bitcoin itself. So, people will simply move to the next big thing as soon as Bitcoin stales in growth. But, seeing that the Lightning Network is being heavily tested by the Core team, shows that Bitcoin could scale to a large mass soon. When the moment comes, I'm sure that Bitcoin will experience a spike in value as hype builds up with its latest scalability tech.

Hopefully, Bitcoin could continue to grow as it becomes the biggest medium of exchange in the world. Grin

Jayhils2

Activity: 4

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 12:56:58 AM

if value is placed on bitcoin as one of the poineer cryptocurrency it would help bitcoin not to be obsolete and be of great gain
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: