Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 02:13:51 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What will happen with Bitcoin if it never scales?  (Read 11388 times)
boddy.dy

Activity: 252
Merit: 17

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 05:54:42 AM

I guess if bitcoin will never scales its price or value will fall down in a blink. The reason why people are into crypto currency like bitcoin is because its value or price scales or rise and fall. With this set up they are having a chance to buy when the price or value is low and set this when it is high. And if this will be out of the system of the crypto currency surely the users and investors of this will left. So I strongly suggest to keep on buying and selling so the scale will never stop and the process will continue. 
Hallmader

Activity: 1123
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 06:07:18 AM

If Bitcoin stops scaling, then it also stops living. Bitcoin will eventually die. If it will only act as a store of value, which is what's going to happen if it stops scaling, then Bitcoin is not anymore the Bitcoin that we support. The majority will leave. It does not serve its purpose anymore.  The issue of scalability, being the bottleneck of Bitcoin, has been given enough attention by the new coins coming out, thus defeating Bitcoin in this sense, although I believe the Bitcoin team will never ever allow this to happen. 

JACS|JUST ANOTHER
COMMUNICATIONS
STACK
██     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██
████████████ █▄
████████████ ███▄
████████████ █████▄
████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
███████████ ██ ████████████
███████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀██████████
████████▄   ▄▄▄▄  ▀████████
█████████   ████   ████████
█████████         ▀████████
█████████   ████    ███████
████████▀   ▀▀▀▀   ▄███████
███████▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄█████████
███████████ ██ ████████████
█████▄    ███████▀    ▄████
███████    █████▀    ██████
███████     ███▀     ██████
███████ █    █▀ █    ██████
███████ ██     ██    ██████
███████ ███   ███    ██████
█████▀   ▀██ ███▀    ▀█████
█████▀               ▀█████
████▌                 ▐████
████       ██▄▄        ████
████       ██████      ████
████       ██▀▀        ████
████▌                 ▐████
█████▄               ▄█████
gaurav82

Activity: 238
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 06:12:06 AM

If we see current position. Then Bitcoin has good value and value of it increasing day by day. There is heavy amount for one coin. So I think it's hard to use for daily transactions. It's mainly using for investment. The trend of market are changing time to time. But now it is using as store of value.
dimastegar

Activity: 798
Merit: 251

Small Trader

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 06:23:38 AM

Bitcoin will still top the rankings, even if its role is replaced. Because I think the role of Altcoin is just a complement to the existence of Bitcoin.

██████████████████
            █████  █████  █████  █████
         ███████████████████████████████
       ████  ████████████████████████  ███
      ██████████████████████████████████████
     ██  ████████████████████████████████████
    ████████████████████████████     █████  ██
   █████████████████████████████ ▐█▌ ██████████
  ███  █████████████████▌     ██ ▐█▌ ██████████
  ██████████████████████▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████  ██
  ███████████████      █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████████
  ██  ███████████  ██  █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████████
  ███████████████  ██  █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████  ██
  █████████        ██  █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ██████████
   ██  █████████████████▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ██████████
    ██████████████        ██  ██ ▐█▌ ██████  █
     ███████████████████████████ ▐█▌ ████████
      ██  ███████████████        ▐█▌ ███  ██
       ███████████████████████████████████
         ████  ████████████████████  ███
            ██████  ████  ████  ██████
                ██████████████████

IDEX
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

Start Trading Instantly
  BOUNTY
  Telegram
kasemin

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 07:08:32 AM

Bitcoin is the main currency of kriptocurrancy so far, and it has not been scaled as a currency, no kriptocurrancy currencies are likely to scale for mass adoption. The real obstacles you see are price stability. Bitcoin will remain king for now, but other coins with faster transaction time and optimized Blockchain can surely take over.
kidamazo

Activity: 289
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 07:11:52 AM

I think that Bitcoin will survive, we would deffinatelly invent something to keep it healthy and operating, even if there will be a need of some replacing.
neerajimittal

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 07:33:14 AM

The problem is, the current landscape of the Bitcoin ecosystem is very different from what it used to be back at the inception of the cryptocurrency. The number of people involved has grown from a few dozens of passionate enthusiasts to over 10 min of everyday users.
Haliburton

Activity: 502
Merit: 118

Liberated Forever. Domesticated Never.

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 07:23:56 PM

If Bitcoin stops scaling, then it also stops living. Bitcoin will eventually die. If it will only act as a store of value, which is what's going to happen if it stops scaling, then Bitcoin is not anymore the Bitcoin that we support. The majority will leave. It does not serve its purpose anymore.  The issue of scalability, being the bottleneck of Bitcoin, has been given enough attention by the new coins coming out, thus defeating Bitcoin in this sense, although I believe the Bitcoin team will never ever allow this to happen. 

I concur with you. Bitcoin will prove to be useless as people flee to alternative cryptocurrencies which have better features than Bitcoin and are capable of scaling to a large user base. As time goes by, Bitcoin becomes more of a store of value than a real currency for everyday transactions. On the other hand, Bitcoin Cash is becoming more scalable than Bitcoin and has implemented features that would allow it to expand its use cases from colored coins, to smart contracts, and more.

Therefore, if the original Bitcoin stales in growth by its underlying development team, then other altcoins will take the lead. Bitcoin Cash would eventually serve its purpose as a peer-to-peer electronic cash system, while Bitcoin will stay as a store of value just like Gold. Grin

coinnoo

Activity: 17

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 02:10:37 PM

Popularity will contribute to the value of Bitcoin. So, if Bitcoin is not widely known and used then Bitcoin will not be able to raise its value. When people learn that Bitcoin is a digital currency that has outstanding advantages in terms of security and fastness, people will come to Bitcoin. Bitcoin has only a certain amount, according to the rule of supply and demand, the value of Bitcoin increases corresponding to the popularity of Bitcoin.
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 1364

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 11:08:30 PM

The problem is, the current landscape of the Bitcoin ecosystem is very different from what it used to be back at the inception of the cryptocurrency. The number of people involved has grown from a few dozens of passionate enthusiasts to over 10 min of everyday users.

Yes. When Bitcoin started, transaction load was at the minimum level. Since, not everyone was aware of the digital currency, only a few were using it, allowing the Bitcoin network to process transactions without too much stress. However, now that Bitcoin has gained popularity, more people have been transacting on the blockchain, causing Bitcoin to become slow in processing transactions. This of course, can be easily fixed by either increasing the blocksize or implementing the use of the Lightning Network. Once this is done, then Bitcoin could easily scale to a wider audience according to their demands without high costs or slow confirmation times.

However, it would be very disappointing if Bitcoin doesn't scale to handle lot of users daily, since it would just become a mere store of value. Micropayments would become useless, and even small to medium transfers, allowing only large amounts of money to flow over the ledger because of high fees on the same. Hopefully, Bitcoin would take the right direction by upgrading to Layer 2 solutions that will make it practical once again. Just my thoughts Grin

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Zin-Zang

Activity: 364
Merit: 13

Killing Lightning Network with a 51% Ignore attack

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 03:54:27 AM

What do you think that might happen with Bitcoin if no scalable solution becomes accepted?

Will it remain as a store of value, while other altcoins take the lead for everyday transactions? Or will another cryptocurrency take its place as the top in marketcap?

I would like to know your thoughts about this, as the ongoing scaling debate will further limit Bitcoin from reaching new heights. As for me, I believe that the Bitcoin community would come up at a resolution somehow to put an end to this issue, and make the pioneer cryptocurrency great again. What do you think?  Smiley

All coins can scale to visa levels merely by using exchanges or other 3rd party processors to process offchain transactions.
Those offchain methods work right now without the complexities or limitations of lightning network.

The fallacy that was thrust upon your mindset , was that Segwit/LN was the only offchain solution, well it is not , and it won't even be the best.

Store of value is a sticky subject, because in my mind for it to be a store of value it needs a utility, ie: payment system or some other function.

True stores of value such as gold, when their price drops , the utility usage buys more ,
ie: Gold price drops, and more gold gets used in electronics or in dental filling or jewelry as it become cheaper for a utility usage.
It can only be considered a store of value if it keeps going up in price or maintains it's price.

Bitcoin no longer has a good utility usage as it is cheaper and faster to send other coins.
Plus it production cost per coin is now on average ~$3000 to $7000 per bitcoin depending on what country the asics are in.

During the past few months , it has not been an appreciating asset but a depreciating asset, so that destroys it as a store of value.  Wink

You can say the Bankers are manipulating the prices lower by restricting who can buy bitcoins,
and that wall street type are creating a mindset decreasing the perceived value per bitcoin by manipulating the futures markets, and you be right.

But you also have the tether scam where they are artificially inflating the price of bitcoin using a fraudulent fraction reserve system called tether without 3rd party verification they own any real US dollars.

So you have shenanigans deflating and inflating the price of bitcoin simultaneously, and at this junction of time, the deflating side is winning.

But offchain scaling is the only thing that is not a real problem whether they ever get LN working or not, as some exchanges already provide it as a service.  Smiley

You will come to find in the next year or two that Onchain Scaling was always more important , as transactions can only be deferred for so long offchain,
and without adequate onchain capacity , onchain fees become unmanageable for the majority.

I was Red Tagged because Lauda Blows Theymos to get back on DT
The rest are just lauda's personal butt monkeys=> Hhampuz , Vod, TMAN , achow101
eashikde

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 04:09:19 AM

I think he will fall in the price and strongly. No one will stop working with a coin that the government does not support. And with it there can be problems. But then again, time will tell what will happen to bitcoin and expect us a hundred
Caesar Cung

Activity: 181
Merit: 10

Industry 4.0 is called Bitcoin

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2018, 04:18:44 AM

I think he will fall in the price and strongly. No one will stop working with a coin that the government does not support. And with it there can be problems. But then again, time will tell what will happen to bitcoin and expect us a hundred
Was at Crypto Invest Summit earlier and was at the panel discussing Asia and the influence of the Asian markets on the global market.

The discussion began, actually, with a discussion of DEX vs CEX (decentralized exchanges vs centralize) and 2 of the 3 panel guys really seemed to think that Decentralized really isn't the way to go. Easy to money launder, etc, and some other very valid points I can't remember exactly. Miko seemed to think that it was a false dichotomy between the two anyway.

Really interesting guys: Nix Nodello, Miko Matsumara, and a guy from Korbit.

ORVIUM        Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain        ORVIUM
█    Whitepaper        Telegram        Twitter        Facebook        Reddit        Blog    █
▇▆▅▃▃▃▃▃▃   Token Generation Event: Coming Soon   ▃▃▃▃▃▃▅▆▇
Pan Troglodytes

Activity: 392
Merit: 39

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 04:57:26 AM

The question is not necessarily about scaling per se (like scaling the block size), but Bitcoin must adopt a way to accomodate a higher transaction stream than it does currently (SegWit was one such solution but it was not enough - we saw it in Dec 2017, true, SegWit was not widely used then).

If it fails to deliver such a solution, than it will not be used as a peer to peer payment system, and consequently its price will spiral down. Slowly at first, but gaining speed. If you want something to be a store of value it must have its utility, and the utility equals payment system.
Leyss

Activity: 574
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 05:41:51 AM

If bitcoin ceases to scale, there will be a very big problem in its usual use for everyday needs. Apparently, it will be used more only for large transactions. This will significantly reduce the demand for it, popularity and its price will drop, but it will still have some value. Investors will gradually switch to the use of other crypto-currencies. Already in China, bitcoin is ranked thirteenth in rating, and in the first place, not surprisingly, not their NEO, but ethereum.
Onews1990

Activity: 362
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 08:55:29 AM

I believe that the scaling problem of the bitcoin that exists nowadays is just because of the fights that they have over the access to this cryptocurrency and the way to control it.
soname12

Activity: 266
Merit: 15

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 08:57:18 AM

What do you think that might happen with Bitcoin if no scalable solution becomes accepted?

Will it remain as a store of value, while other altcoins take the lead for everyday transactions? Or will another cryptocurrency take its place as the top in marketcap?

I would like to know your thoughts about this, as the ongoing scaling debate will further limit Bitcoin from reaching new heights. As for me, I believe that the Bitcoin community would come up at a resolution somehow to put an end to this issue, and make the pioneer cryptocurrency great again. What do you think?  Smiley
Bitcoin can still exist but will not be able to last forever. Some of the more technologically advanced platforms will replace Bitcoin and crypto. We do not want that to happen

[  EOT  ]      FIRST DECENTRALIZED GAME NETWORK        [  EOT  ]
ICO: JULY 25
        │        READ OUR WHITEPAPER
████████││   REDDIT   ││   TELEGRAM   ││   TWITTER   ││   MEDIUM   ││   WEBSITE   ││████████
rudox

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 09:03:54 AM

I would like to know your thoughts about this, as the ongoing scaling debate will further limit Bitcoin from reaching new heights. As for me, I believe that the Bitcoin community would come up at a resolution somehow to put an end to this issue, and make the pioneer cryptocurrency great again. What do you think?  Smiley

The Bitcoin developers are aware of this scalability problem which i know they are seriously working on how to overcome it. They can not just sit and allow other altcoin to take over the market because of the down time and high fees bitcoin is using to conclude a transaction. I believe they are working seriously.
maydna

Activity: 2968
Merit: 556

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 01:10:02 PM

I think if bitcoin is never sales, bitcoin cannot grow like today and bitcoin will not reaching more people, bitcoin will stay on the ground without having a chance to known by many people in many countries. we know that bitcoin will grow only if we are spreading bitcoin in many places and without this, bitcoin will disappear and people will abandon the project and leave bitcoin in the dark places. and gladly, after 2010, bitcoin slowly to become popular and from that moment, people trying to know and learn about bitcoin so bitcoin now reach many people from all countries.

█████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 1364

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 12:10:04 AM

Bitcoin can still exist but will not be able to last forever. Some of the more technologically advanced platforms will replace Bitcoin and crypto. We do not want that to happen

Sadly, that might happen with Bitcoin in the future if it doesn't scale to meet the demands of everyday people. Right now, there are many altcoins which are superior than Bitcoin in terms of speed and scalability. They've implemented several features that would allow them to scale with minimal effort whatsoever while preserving the security of the ledger. One good example of this, are DAG-based cryptocurrencies like Nano, IOTA and ByteBall.

Such altcoins have the potential to scale to millions of users, without downtime or a decrease in the network's transaction processing time. If they manage to become extremely popular and adopted in the mainstream world, then they could easily overtake Bitcoin as they'll retain their speeds while maintaining costs as low as possible. And best of all, these DAG-based coins have zero fees which promotes micropayments anytime, anywhere. However, all of this could change if Bitcoin successfully adopts the Lightning Network at a large scale. Once this happens, people will use Bitcoin again as a currency (and not a store of value) allowing its price and demand to increase over time.

Nevertheless, time will tell how and when will Bitcoin scale to attract new people into it. Just my thoughts Grin

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: