Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 10:27:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What will happen with Bitcoin if it never scales?  (Read 11386 times)
giantrobot

Activity: 564
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 02:51:28 PM

What do you think that might happen with Bitcoin if no scalable solution becomes accepted?

Will it remain as a store of value, while other altcoins take the lead for everyday transactions? Or will another cryptocurrency take its place as the top in marketcap?

I would like to know your thoughts about this, as the ongoing scaling debate will further limit Bitcoin from reaching new heights. As for me, I believe that the Bitcoin community would come up at a resolution somehow to put an end to this issue, and make the pioneer cryptocurrency great again. What do you think?  Smiley
You see, if Bitcoin is not expanded it will not be able to return to the $ 20,000 price as before. Bitcoin price increases require investment from human resources. If it is legitimate, of course the investment will be easy, so it will attract more investment.
bitcoinVPSD

Activity: 442
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 03:02:50 PM

The market will grow and fluctuate at bitcoin prices. I do not think that if bitcoin does not expand the market, the other altcoin could grow faster than bitcoin and replace its place. Bitcoin is always the focus to attract the most investment. If it does not expand the bitcoin trading market still happens and the value of the bitcoin still fluctuates normally.

tonlong

Activity: 726
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 03:13:21 PM

If Bitcoin is not expanded to the world, it will be very difficult for our community. As Bitcoin is not widely developed, altcoins will not be able to grow independently. As well as good deals i think so and in any situation we also see Bitcoin will have its own development path.
syntac

Activity: 338

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 03:26:37 PM

for me, bitcoin will always be the top in its class, and rivals will never outperform bitcoin. because the impact of bitcoin itself for people is extraordinary, they have become very rich and fulfilled for all their life needs. I am sure of that.
gamechangers

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 03:42:24 PM

I hope it doesn't happen, because if it does, it may be the beginning of the end of cryptocurrencies. It may generate panic as people as well as investors may loose interest in bitcoin and altcoins generally.
saumang2m
Copper Member

Activity: 280
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 06:40:22 PM

I think we can keep Bitcoin in stock form. Because whenever the price of bitcoin will increase. Then at that time we will have good profit.

SATURN
Liquidity providerfor crypto markets Cross-chain Exchange & OTC trading Platform
✦ ────────  Facebook ♦️ Twitter ♦️  Telegram ♦️  Blog ♦️  Bitcointalk   ──────── ✦
suman mark

Activity: 112

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 08:47:55 PM

I believe that there will be a time in the near future that bitcoin will be replaced on the top 1 position as there are so many cryptos now that has more potential and more use that bitcoin itself. We can never deny that bitcoin has made its strong foundation but surely there will be a better one that will be its replacement.
cxmyifan16

Activity: 377

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 10:22:16 PM

I don't think that anything will happen to btc because it will be the leader always. to my mind, it is not a problem now. i have heard that btc is going to replace our currency with time even

sinkfish

Activity: 252
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 10:44:28 AM

What do you think that might happen with Bitcoin if no scalable solution becomes accepted?

Will it remain as a store of value, while other altcoins take the lead for everyday transactions? Or will another cryptocurrency take its place as the top in marketcap?

I would like to know your thoughts about this, as the ongoing scaling debate will further limit Bitcoin from reaching new heights. As for me, I believe that the Bitcoin community would come up at a resolution somehow to put an end to this issue, and make the pioneer cryptocurrency great again. What do you think?  Smiley

since bitcoin are limited in numbers. but the value can keep higher and higher. hence it could be one of the choice to store value. like gold or stocks.
DragonETH

Activity: 588

https://www.projecton.pro/

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 10:50:40 AM

If Bitcoin is not expanded to the world, it will be very difficult for our community. As Bitcoin is not widely developed, altcoins will not be able to grow independently. As well as good deals i think so and in any situation we also see Bitcoin will have its own development path.
bitcoin has already had several forks last year and has successfully scaled in several other coins. now there is a development of applications for the rapid passage of payments and it will be the next stage of penetration of bitcoin into people's lives.

░░▒▓▓▓▓▓▒░░             
          ░░░▓▓▓▓▓░░░▓▓▓▓▓░░░         
      ░░░▓▓▓▓▓░░░     ░░░▓▓▓▓▓░░░     
  ░░░▓▓▓▓▓▒░░             ░░▒▓▓▓▓▓░░░ 
  ░▓▓▓▓░░░  ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░  ░░░▓▓▓▓░ 
  ░▓▓▒░    ░▓██████████████▒░   ░▓▓▓░ 
  ░▓▓▒░      ░█████░  ░█████░   ░▓▓▓░ 
  ░▓▓▒░      ░█████░░░░█████░   ░▓▓▓░ 
  ░▓▓▒░      ░████████████▓░░   ░▓▓▓░ 
  ░▓▓▒░      ░▓████░░░░░░░      ░▓▓▓░ 
  ░▓▓▒░    ░▒███████▓▓░         ░▓▓▓░ 
  ░▓▓▒░    ░▓█████████░         ░▓▓▓░ 
  ░▓▓▓▒░░                     ░░▒▓▓▓░ 
  ░░░▓▓▓▓▓░░░             ░░░▓▓▓▓▓░░░ 
      ░░░▓▓▓▓▓░░░     ░░░▓▓▓▓▓░░      
          ░░▒▓▓▓▓▒░░░▒▓▓▓▓▒░░░        
             ░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░           

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            ██
██                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            ██
                                                      PROJECTON

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
Customer relationship management using Blockchain
▬▬▬▬Whitepaper ♦ Whitelist  ▬▬▬▬
BUY XN35

██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
░░░░░SOCIAL MEDIA░░░░░
TwitterTelegram Facebook 
Reddit  Medium  ➤  Bitcointalk
Pan Troglodytes

Merit: 39

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 02:36:26 PM

bitcoin has already had several forks last year and has successfully scaled in several other coins. now there is a development of applications for the rapid passage of payments and it will be the next stage of penetration of bitcoin into people's lives.
The Ligthning Network, if this is what you have in mind, is an off-chain solution. So it is external to bitcoin. What we need is a scaling on-chain solution. Ortherwise, bitcoin will loose its leading edge in favor of some other coin.
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1363

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 07:00:26 PM

If it happens. there are two possibilities that can occur in crypto currencies. all altcoins will experience price declines when bitcoin isn't scaled. because bitcoin greatly affects all altcoins and crypto currencies will be scaled. another possibility, altcoin will take over as the main crypto currency substitute for bitcoin and altcoin will become the parent of crypto currency for new coin to be released.

Agree. Altcoins have already scaled, which means that they have an advantage over Bitcoin. They have near-instant speeds, and, in some cases, no fees. As such, if Bitcoin doesn't manage to scale, that shouldn't be much of an issue since people have the option to use other cryptocurrencies that are much more flexible than Bitcoin for micropayments or quick money transfers.

However, if Bitcoin manages to scale safely and efficiently, then it will be one step ahead for mainstream adoption and usage. By then, Bitcoin would be able to be used both as a store of value and as a digital cash system. While it won't replace every altcoin we know and love today, it'll certainly have a greater level of usage than its contenders. The most exciting part of scaling Bitcoin is that, its uses could be expanded to more than just finance. With the use of sidechains, Bitcoin could get smart contract functionality (like Ethereum), token/asset issuance, and much more.

Therefore, scaling Bitcoin is something optional but required if it wants to become the digital cash of the world. If it remains in its current state, then it'll be nothing more than a store of value, just like Gold is. Just my opinion Smiley

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
socksserver3

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 09:29:57 PM

I think that it will! To my mind, btc will be the leader of the market for the long period of time. To my mind, btc is the coin that deserves being called the best one as it has many pros
DiabolicAnt

Activity: 420

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 10:00:13 PM

I'm sure one way or another eventually some coin will replace BTC. Although BTC is great and it's truly the king but some day it'll become outdated.

▀▀▀▀▀▀     SWIPE  │ Monetizing mobile engagement data, on the blockchain    ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄         Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Medium       Reddit          ▄▄▄▄
bitvelk

Activity: 406

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 07:22:17 PM

I think that if it becomes stable in price, it can be used as a daily currency. And it is unlikely that any of the altcoins will be able to surpass him in this plan.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
WebTera

Activity: 322

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 07:39:35 PM

Despite all the current difficulties with bitcoin development, it can still be used as a currency, not just an investment. It will be able to scale as intended.
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1363

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 07:06:33 PM

Despite all the current difficulties with bitcoin development, it can still be used as a currency, not just an investment. It will be able to scale as intended.

Bitcoin will still be functional as a store of value, even if it never scales. There are already a variety of options to choose from, as altcoins have scaled to handle large TPS with the lowest costs possible. As such, scaling Bitcoin shouldn't be much of an issue, unless it wants to achieve mainstream usage and adoption as digital cash. When put up to the test, Bitcoin is the most secure Blockchain to-date, which means that it's as safe, secure, and reliable as Gold.

Perhaps, scaling Bitcoin would further reduce the security of its network, as people would choose to perform their transactions within the second-layer (Lightning Network) instead of the main chain. Then, miners would start to leave as they wouldn't have a reason to confirm transactions on the same. While the LN is not released yet in a stable version for everyone to use, it would be interesting to know how Bitcoin will perform right after LN becomes widely adopted by the mainstream. Despite this, there's always the option to switch back to the main chain in case everything else fails, allowing Bitcoin to remain functional as a Blockchain network.

Nevertheless, considering how other altcoins have already scaled to handle large TPS, it means that Bitcoin's Blockchain technology has successfully scaled to the masses and that's what matters most. Just my opinion Smiley

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
AiBBio

Activity: 42

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 07:43:36 PM

Actually most of the people are buying bitcoin as investment rather than to use in their daily life, but maybe soon it will be used to pay different things in daily life.
goodluck0319

Activity: 420

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 08:03:02 PM

what prevents you from using bitcoin as a way of storage, not a way for frequent transactions?
Sam San

Activity: 630

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 03:11:06 AM

Actually most of the people are buying bitcoin as investment rather than to use in their daily life, but maybe soon it will be used to pay different things in daily life.
when governments start accepting payment of taxes and fees in bitcoin, then employers will start using it to pay salaries and bitcoin will enter people's lives even more.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: