Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 03:17:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New Company Claims to be Selling Bitcoin Mining ASIC Systems: www.asxproject.com  (Read 8523 times)
TheSwede75

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 11:58:59 PM

rofl. First thing I saw was this:

I knew it was a scam from that moment.

(Texas Instruments doesn't make ASIC chips for bitcoin mining last time I checked.)

Also fairly epic fail on the 'box' art that is a bunch of image cut and paste from random computer case components.
Sitarow
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1047

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 12:05:38 AM

The posted images don't help instill confidence. If the images that are presented are conceptual design then it would be nice to have that in the photo as a watermark disclaimer.

However it seems orders are being filled.

Also consider that they claim your pre-order money is being used to help fund the first 100 units.

pmorici

Activity: 479
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 12:09:33 AM

I agree, looks like a scam.  Another mark against it is it is posted in the "newbies" section.
EviLMask

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 12:16:43 AM

I agree, looks like a scam.  Another mark against it is it is posted in the "newbies" section.

This. For me that's the weirdest thing of all.
moxdiamond

Activity: 5

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 12:20:33 AM

lol  Roll Eyes
small502

Activity: 12

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 12:28:44 AM

It looked fairly professional at first. But anyone that uses Alibaba will know: Never trust anything from "Shenzhen"
Sitarow
Legendary

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 05:20:24 AM

It looked fairly professional at first. But anyone that uses Alibaba will know: Never trust anything from "Shenzhen"

From the website FAQ

I wonder if anyone that has ordered consider asking for a refund at this time...

What is your phone number and how can I talk to someone?
Currently, there is no customer service via telephone with a goal of cutting costs. You can e-mail us via our contact page or contact us on Facebook and Twitter.  

Can I get a refund on my pre-order?
Certainly. Please feel free to contact us with and we will handle it. Do take into account that it can take several days before you have your funds back.  The amount refunded is the amount of bitcoins initially paid in the transaction.

What is the power consumption of the ASX (ASIC based) systems?
We are not currently releasing all specs for the systems, but power consumption will vary between 200-1000 watts depending on the amount of ASIC units added to the system.

What form of payment do your accept?
Bitcoin only. It is fast, easy and makes sense when we are selling bitcoin mining hardware.

Why do you use batch orders?
Firstly, to determine the interest in our project and to build a solid client base. Secondly, it enables us to stay on schedule and properly finance production.
The_Authorities

Activity: 25

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 05:46:46 AM

looks legit, I'd buy two
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 05:53:32 AM

looks legit, I'd buy two

I bet you would. That's why you're a newbie

dmelj

Activity: 7

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 06:44:14 AM

Wow, the photo of that TI chip is a classic.  TI would never touch the btc market.
ASXProject

Activity: 1

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 01:47:17 PM

Hello everyone,

We have become aware of the concerns in the bitcoin community and see it best fit to address the concerns here. The skepticism as to the images used is justified as the ASIC chip is indeed an example of a future product-part. We thought it would be possible to attain the required funds for our first batch delivery based on the information provided to create a solid client base for subsequent batch productions. This is clearly not the case.

We think that it is in our best interest to deliver prototype miner(s) to highly trusted member(s) to establish trust and confidence in our ability to produce and deliver the products. As we are confident we can. This will however delay the 'mass' production, which was initially intended to start as soon as possible. Our supplier has already shown the capability of producing the required hardware. Thus, we feel confident in our combined ability to reach set goals. 

We will dedicate our time to update and provide additional information for the coming period. Tomorrow, we have an appointment with out supplier to discuss the cost and possibility of producing a smaller amount of ASIC modules for the purpose of providing prototypes.

We will keep you posted. Any suggestions regarding efforts from our side towards helping this project reach its potential are very welcome.

Regards,

ASX Project
ninjaboon
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2013, 01:56:14 PM

oh no, not another "bitcoin mining ASIC" company.... Huh

laris2

Activity: 688
Merit: 506

CryptoCurrency Evangelist

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2013, 01:57:46 PM

I guess more speculations and scams are coming up on these machinery.
I wonder if in 50 years we will receive emails from Zimbabwe saying that our uncle left us 150g/h asic machine and a bitcoin wallet, and all we need to do.....

TEST
Paya

Activity: 334

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 02:34:02 PM

They should have tried harder, this is pretty lame tbh.
ionstorm

Activity: 266

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 03:03:15 PM

Id like to see one of these in a video to see how well they perform
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 06:06:59 PM

looks legit, I'd buy two

I bet you would. That's why you're a newbie

You bet?

Remember, remember, the 9th of September

Sitarow
Legendary

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 08:50:50 PM

Hello everyone,

We have become aware of the concerns in the bitcoin community and see it best fit to address the concerns here. The skepticism as to the images used is justified as the ASIC chip is indeed an example of a future product-part. We thought it would be possible to attain the required funds for our first batch delivery based on the information provided to create a solid client base for subsequent batch productions. This is clearly not the case.

We think that it is in our best interest to deliver prototype miner(s) to highly trusted member(s) to establish trust and confidence in our ability to produce and deliver the products. As we are confident we can. This will however delay the 'mass' production, which was initially intended to start as soon as possible. Our supplier has already shown the capability of producing the required hardware. Thus, we feel confident in our combined ability to reach set goals. 

We will dedicate our time to update and provide additional information for the coming period. Tomorrow, we have an appointment with out supplier to discuss the cost and possibility of producing a smaller amount of ASIC modules for the purpose of providing prototypes.

We will keep you posted. Any suggestions regarding efforts from our side towards helping this project reach its potential are very welcome.

Regards,

ASX Project

Thank you for the update. The efforts you use to validate claims would be welcomed.

Avalon themselves posted even contract details on these forums to show that they have made the steps with valid manufacturers to develop their ASIC chips.
roflplatypus

Activity: 28

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 09:38:47 PM

ś̷̫̱͔̰̳̰̼̗̌͌̾̈́ͥ́͜č̗̼̘̊͐̃ͣ́a̶̱̠̲̞͋̈́ͣ̂͛̓̏͢m̹̝͚̹̣ͤ͌̃̿ͮ̏͌ͫ́
hendo420

Activity: 420

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2013, 10:16:03 PM

cool

ebmarket.co
digicoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 10:55:33 PM

I don't believe in China or Chinese. They are too well known for scam.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: