Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 02:58:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New Company Claims to be Selling Bitcoin Mining ASIC Systems: www.asxproject.com  (Read 8523 times)
kevcoins

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 04:25:43 AM

why are these days, some one with one or two post had their own thread promoting or attempting to promote something big like this.. while others with hundreds or even thousand of postings to proof they are trusted and yet not make any claims..
Gabrics

Activity: 183
Merit: 112

Just digging around

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2013, 08:38:02 AM

Well, ASIC scan v2.0. Which is still (luckily) bad enough, all of their products are out of stock.

On the other hand:
If you are real it would be relatively easy to prove (blockchain via mining, send several samples to trusted members, etc.)
Sitarow
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1047

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 09:10:37 AM

Well, ASIC scan v2.0. Which is still (luckily) bad enough, all of their products are out of stock.

On the other hand:
If you are real it would be relatively easy to prove (blockchain via mining, send several samples to trusted members, etc.)

It would be good to have a list of questions we could ask people that claim to be working on a project to produce ASIC hardware.

What would you ask if you could do a 1 on 1 interview with them?
Zich
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2013, 04:32:06 AM

I don't believe in China or Chinese. They are too well known for scam.

You wanna say avalon not chinese?Huh??
Jakewell

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 06:16:47 AM

we need to be very cautios with this companies selling asics
quentinadam

Activity: 13

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 08:19:00 AM

Nicely spotted!

Censored ASIC chips found on their website:

https://i.imgur.com/iES9gdu.jpg

Those are 1994 Apple Quickdraw 3D Card ASIC:

https://i.imgur.com/AW6jUm8.jpg

SCAM

OP is probably part of this scam.
zero3112

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 02:27:08 AM

Is that bfl

Lastro

Activity: 22

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 08:11:19 PM

Hi all,

A new website; www.asxproject.com (from Shenzhen, China) claims to be selling ASIC mining systems with hashrates ranging from 25-125 GH/s when they open in 3 days.

According to their RSS feed they have no customer service office and are an online based company. They expect to be shipping their first 100 orders within 3 weeks after purchase. Does anybody have a legitimacy confirmation or information about them?

SCAM and SCAM Watch out and Stay Clear ...

Well if someone with 19 posts says so in REALLY BIG letters, I guess I might want to reconsider....

Exactly! I mean, why come to the "newbie" forum and rail against those new to these forums with low post counts and listen to reason and logic. Listen to this guy, he is making sense:   

"I have communicated some withe 'whoever is behind' ASX project. I judge it to be 90% (ballpark) chance that its a scam and around 10% that it is (or wants to be) legit based on what I have been told. I'll prob throw in my $800 and just see it as a lottery ticket, albeit an expensive one."
dwdoc
Legendary

Activity: 966

- - -Caveat Aleo- - -

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 04:23:28 AM

Today's email from Asxproject:  It is a shock: the prototype devices promised to be available on June 20th are delayed!

Dear subscribers,

Around the time of the last newsletter, the production of our ASIC modules was in progress. Today, we have received our full order of 200 modules and are testing them at this moment.

We have encountered an issue with the first group of systems that were intended to ship to a select group of members (instability after a short operating time caused by a firmware error). We have fixed this issue, but unfortunately we had to delay the shipment. To ensure that all systems are fully working before shipping them out, we will ship all the systems together instead of our previous prototype-plan. We think that this will help us make the systems and the software as effective and reliable as possible.

The new expected shipping date has therefore been set to the 25th of July.

Currently, we have filled orders for 106 modules, but we have all the required components to deliver the remaining 94 modules to (new) clients. We will keep working hard in order to ship out our products as soon as possible.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Regards,

ASX Project
shebang-

Activity: 1

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 11:41:32 PM

I understand someone with one post may seem skeptical, but I'm sure I have proof this site is a scam. Here's a post I made on reddit concerning it, edited to proper forum format.

I hadn't heard of ASX before this, I'll look in to it. Thanks for the detailed suggestion

Edit: Looking at the prices, 150GH/s for $2,249 seems a little ridiculous. I was expecting at least $5,000+ for a system like that.

Edit 2: From a Google search, that case front they show is nearly exactly the same as the Corsair Obsidian 900D case, but.. shorter. ASX Project, Obsidian 900D.

Edit 3: I'm convinced it's a scam. The censored chip they show is an Apple Quickdraw Graphics chip. Their heatsink picture seems to be unique, but their power supply image is literally the fifth result when searching "computer power supply".
dwdoc
Legendary

- - -Caveat Aleo- - -

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 12:20:53 AM

We all concluded that back in May.
initforthemoney

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 12:56:28 AM

Definitely interested to see if this is legit, too afraid to invest myself lol.
dwdoc
Legendary

- - -Caveat Aleo- - -

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 01:40:09 AM

Read the thread.  It's a scam.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: