Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 05:28:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New Company Claims to be Selling Bitcoin Mining ASIC Systems: www.asxproject.com  (Read 8523 times)
Xenophis

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 11:03:51 PM

I don't believe in China or Chinese. They are too well known for scam.

... It's funny you should say that, because Avalons were created by Yifu who is Chinese, are the hottest ASICs on the market right now, as well as being the first consumer ASIC (much ahead of schedule than BFL, who had double the time to do R&D and manufacture, and they STILL have not delivered the majority of their product), and were manufactured in China.

This asxproject.com most certainly looks like a scam, but don't generalize people without doing your research and coming to an educated conclusion.
Herodes

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 11:18:34 PM

Wasn't it claimed that they have demo units and that they're collecting money for mass production ? Putting up videos of the demo boxes would be a nice first step, and giving some more technical details about the setup would give the technical advanced users on this forum a better chance to judge. Certainly seems like a scam from the looks of it, with lots of jr accounts jumping in attempting to legitimize it.
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 11:41:50 PM

Don't feed the scammers

btcbet

Activity: 3

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 11:48:07 PM

Copy and paste from ebay == Legit
dwdoc
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

- - -Caveat Aleo- - -

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 10:55:17 PM

I guess on the scam scale ASX-Project currently sits somewhere between Cedartec and Kncminer...
kookoopuffs

Activity: 10

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 12:16:49 AM

ASX was out of stock yesterday and now shows 219 in stock.  Giving them the benefit of the doubt, I'd assume this is because some people asked for refunds.  Anyone on the forum want to share their refund experience? 
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 12:40:20 AM

ASX was out of stock yesterday and now shows 219 in stock.  Giving them the benefit of the doubt, I'd assume this is because some people asked for refunds.  Anyone on the forum want to share their refund experience? 

the benefit of the doubt? What kind of joke is this?

This is an obvious scam.

devilfish

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 01:05:47 AM

The new goldrush is claiming to make ASIC mining machines and taking orders. Actually making them after that would just be a waste of money  Tongue
singula

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 01:21:30 AM

Best demo would be for them join with their units some "trusted" (or well known) mining pool (and stay there for at least hour or two) that shows some form of public stats - that way they'll prove they have the the chips (or at least they'll have something that is as powerful as the chips they say they have)

Maybe not 100% proof, but may easily weed ouf many scammers and companies that actually does not have anything ...)

Big brother is not watching you anymore. Big brother is telling you how to live.
TheSwede75

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 12:00:15 AM

I'm considering throwing in $800 on the off chance that they deliver. Hell, at current asic prices it almost seems worth it even at 10-1 odds. I'll let you all know how it goes if I do it.
jnada

Activity: 310
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 12:05:14 AM

I feel like I lost few years from life since joining this forum...at least two.

Love your work guys

NEM                                        NEM                                          NEM                            launch on 22nd November 2014 !                                          TAQDPC-BT35MC-YAWTKQ-OFEZOS-CMBKHM-F5Q3L6-YEYL
sahkan

Activity: 203

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 12:05:45 AM

Why would a Chinese company use US made (TI) chips? Avalon uses chips from the Taiwanese Co ... isn't that a bit odd?
thebitmine010

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 01:15:06 AM

copy paste text, cheap wordpress theme, random pictures, gmail only way of contact, mailchimp newsletter == legit

i think i'll get 5!
thebitmine010

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 01:24:07 AM

nice case: Corsair Obsidian 900D Super Tower Case
mebi

Activity: 7

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 02:58:22 AM

Edit - Did a little more research; whois registered info out of:

Nobby Beach
Queensland,QLD 4218
AU

Interesting, perhaps the "ASX" name comes from the Australian Securities Exchange?

whois has since been changed to:
    shenzhen
    Shenzhen
    Hong Kong,NA
    CN

TheSwede75

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 03:03:17 AM

I have communicated some withe 'whoever is behind' ASX project. I judge it to be 90% (ballpark) chance that its a scam and around 10% that it is (or wants to be) legit based on what I have been told. I'll prob throw in my $800 and just see it as a lottery ticket, albeit an expensive one.
kevcoins

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 03:11:38 AM

Hi all,

A new website; www.asxproject.com (from Shenzhen, China) claims to be selling ASIC mining systems with hashrates ranging from 25-125 GH/s when they open in 3 days.

According to their RSS feed they have no customer service office and are an online based company. They expect to be shipping their first 100 orders within 3 weeks after purchase. Does anybody have a legitimacy confirmation or information about them?

SCAM and SCAM Watch out and Stay Clear ...
TheSwede75

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 03:37:21 AM

Hi all,

A new website; www.asxproject.com (from Shenzhen, China) claims to be selling ASIC mining systems with hashrates ranging from 25-125 GH/s when they open in 3 days.

According to their RSS feed they have no customer service office and are an online based company. They expect to be shipping their first 100 orders within 3 weeks after purchase. Does anybody have a legitimacy confirmation or information about them?

SCAM and SCAM Watch out and Stay Clear ...

Well if someone with 19 posts says so in REALLY BIG letters, I guess I might want to reconsider....
kevcoins

Activity: 117

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 03:44:33 AM
Last edit: May 02, 2013, 03:57:43 AM by kevcoins

Hello everyone,

We have become aware of the concerns in the bitcoin community and see it best fit to address the concerns here. The skepticism as to the images used is justified as the ASIC chip is indeed an example of a future product-part. We thought it would be possible to attain the required funds for our first batch delivery based on the information provided to create a solid client base for subsequent batch productions. This is clearly not the case.

We think that it is in our best interest to deliver prototype miner(s) to highly trusted member(s) to establish trust and confidence in our ability to produce and deliver the products. As we are confident we can. This will however delay the 'mass' production, which was initially intended to start as soon as possible. Our supplier has already shown the capability of producing the required hardware. Thus, we feel confident in our combined ability to reach set goals.  

We will dedicate our time to update and provide additional information for the coming period. Tomorrow, we have an appointment with out supplier to discuss the cost and possibility of producing a smaller amount of ASIC modules for the purpose of providing prototypes.

We will keep you posted. Any suggestions regarding efforts from our side towards helping this project reach its potential are very welcome.

Regards,

ASX Project

You should give us paypal as a form of payment to proof your legitimacy .. like they say only 2 to 3 weeks to deliver the product.. if they deliver no one will ask 4 refund. No telephone numbers and physical address or this could be some guys from other countries designing a website write excellent english, give a good story and try to piggy back avalon success.
btchedge

Activity: 92

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 04:13:53 AM

Hello everyone,

We have become aware of the concerns in the bitcoin community and see it best fit to address the concerns here. The skepticism as to the images used is justified as the ASIC chip is indeed an example of a future product-part. We thought it would be possible to attain the required funds for our first batch delivery based on the information provided to create a solid client base for subsequent batch productions. This is clearly not the case.

We think that it is in our best interest to deliver prototype miner(s) to highly trusted member(s) to establish trust and confidence in our ability to produce and deliver the products. As we are confident we can. This will however delay the 'mass' production, which was initially intended to start as soon as possible. Our supplier has already shown the capability of producing the required hardware. Thus, we feel confident in our combined ability to reach set goals. 

We will dedicate our time to update and provide additional information for the coming period. Tomorrow, we have an appointment with out supplier to discuss the cost and possibility of producing a smaller amount of ASIC modules for the purpose of providing prototypes.

We will keep you posted. Any suggestions regarding efforts from our side towards helping this project reach its potential are very welcome.

Regards,

ASX Project

Dear ASX Project,

If you can provide some basic validation of your claims I can have an associate meet you in person and arrange immediate financing of your first batch. I am happy to provide total verification of available funds.

Sincerely,

BTCHedge

Who is John Galt?
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: