Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 11:24:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Cryptopia Exchange Safe and Legit?  (Read 49756 times)
CoinEraser
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1718

View Profile
February 12, 2019, 12:31:41 PM

I think that we should stop treating Cryptopia as a reliable partner, although I have used them only once. 2fA authentication and email validation on withdrawal do not guarantee that your funds will remain secure. Hackers broke into Cryptopia and since I don’t see updates, I think the funds are lost.

I'm still hoping all the people get their coins back who haven't been stolen. Because the police got involved so fast, I still think it's not an exit-scam. No exchange is really 100% secure. You should be aware of that and never store coins there for a long time. However, here is the last update from the police on cryptopia. Smiley   http://www.police.govt.nz/news/release/police-continue-make-progress-cryptocurrency-investigation
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
elitemobb

Activity: 579
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 17, 2019, 09:06:58 AM

Considering the fact that this stock exchange was cracked and a large amount of money was stolen from it, the conclusion is that it is not safe, regarding legality, I will say that most of the stock exchanges work according to the laws, but not of all countries, so would refrain from trading on this exchange.
xclusiveguy

Activity: 336
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 17, 2019, 09:12:35 PM

They just experienced a hack in their exchange I guess it's better to just stay out of the exchange for now pending the time that they will resolve the issues on ground so as to be on safer side
masterrex

Activity: 1820
Merit: 107

View Profile
March 20, 2019, 03:44:29 PM

I think Its been relaunched after the very unfortunate event happen months ago on Cryptopia, and the issue of Cryptopia Exchange is Safe and Legit will, I think it was Already answered? Speaking of safe and Legit you can try Buy and Sell cryptocurrency at XCH4NGE peer to peer, Low fees, 24/7 costumer support. Discover the one stop cryptocurrency exchange service with XCH4NGE.
smyslov

Activity: 2002
Merit: 269

View Profile
March 21, 2019, 04:54:14 AM

Still a no for me I never want to trade in Cryptopia again I have no coins there anymore, they have been hacked the second time, and unless they pass the hacking test and investors can prove that they are safe now, we should shun investing in Cryptopia, there are new and better exchange now in the market, and ask the devs of the coins you are supporting not to list their coins there.
Crypto Girl

Activity: 980
Merit: 294

View Profile
March 23, 2019, 06:00:48 AM

Still a no for me I never want to trade in Cryptopia again I have no coins there anymore, they have been hacked the second time, and unless they pass the hacking test and investors can prove that they are safe now, we should shun investing in Cryptopia, there are new and better exchange now in the market, and ask the devs of the coins you are supporting not to list their coins there.
A hacking test? What the heck is that? Is there really such thing because as far as I know nothing is safe, even our wallets.
There's no need to use cryptopia again or we will be the biggest fool, if ever you have your funds there better to move it now as you had given the chance to recover your funds. No more ifs and buts.

I use this provider to trade Cryptos : Bitcoin Revolution
Leo

Activity: 620
Merit: 10

Trident Protocol | Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!

View Profile
March 31, 2019, 09:27:29 PM

There was a recent hacking as regards the exchange but I believe that it has been resolved but dunno if they have refunded those affected, aside from that cryptopia exchange is very legit and it's among of of the best exchange out there right now

Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!      │     TRIDENT PROTOCOL     │      HIGH FIXED APY  >>> 382,945%
THE HIGH PAYING AUTO-STAKING & AUTO-COMPOUNDING PROTOCOL
████████████|           Twitter           |          Telegram          |            Reddit            |████████████
TimeTeller

Activity: 2716
Merit: 588

View Profile
March 31, 2019, 09:39:14 PM

A hacking test? What the heck is that? Is there really such thing because as far as I know nothing is safe, even our wallets.
There's no need to use cryptopia again or we will be the biggest fool, if ever you have your funds there better to move it now as you had given the chance to recover your funds. No more ifs and buts.

Cryptopia's reputation has been tainted already.
And for the hacking test. Maybe he was referring to security check.
But even if they assure their clients to have tight security protocol, still the confidence of using that exchange is already lost.
This is what you will see when you open their site.

I wonder if they can still get their old clients back.
And to add, their listing fee is very expensive as compared to others.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12]  All
  Print  

Jump to: