Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 11:57:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CryptoKingdom Markets  (Read 9255 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Scrotum

Activity: 119
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 08, 2017, 09:27:27 AM

What is likely to happen when the EURO peg runs out?

Without the peg what would be natural price for e3 in M? How 'unnatural' is the peg in your opinion?

Is the only way to withdraw EURO in cash at ristos castle?

If player numbers don't increase, wont the likely result be a stampede into m3 and b1 with the last to exit taking a massive haircut?

Fascinating developments!

Another one will go up (or not).

Even when euro/m wasn't at current position, there were arbitrage opportunities in b1 <--> m3.

Embassy or Agent, but how else would one get cash?

Check out how much of depo shares and m coinshop owns. Coinshop can't exit, but can ladder prices to continually favor its bottom-line.

Agreed

Putting legal matters to one side for risto operating as a money transmitter in estonia (which I have zero knowledge of), just trying to determine if everything hinges on the peg lasting long enough to get more players, or does this setup just 'work' now as an exchange desk for currencies.

If there was another option to withdraw EURO I would be sold, but in a crisis having to fly over and take cash through customs to exit makes this more of a whale thing, dolphins and up probably.

Would love option where agents took EURO and did bank transfer, or used courier service.

Saw this today, looks awesome for everyday use, maybe an agent could use it for inspiration
https://www.livingroomofsatoshi.com/?sc=xmr

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
generalizethis (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2017, 09:32:36 AM
Last edit: April 08, 2017, 09:43:43 AM by generalizethis

Without the peg what would be natural price for e3 in M? How 'unnatural' is the peg in your opinion?

If player numbers don't increase, wont the likely result be a stampede into m3 and b1 with the last to exit taking a massive haircut?

Even when euro/m wasn't at current position, there were arbitrage opportunities in b1 <--> m3.

Check out how much of depo shares and m coinshop owns. Coinshop can't exit, but can ladder prices to continually favor its bottom-line.

Agreed

Putting legal matters to one side for risto operating as a money transmitter in estonia (which I have zero knowledge of), just trying to determine if everything hinges on the peg lasting long enough to get more players, or does this setup just 'work' now as an exchange desk for currencies.

If there was another option to withdraw EURO I would be sold, but in a crisis having to fly over and take cash through customs to exit makes this more of a whale thing, dolphins and up probably.

Would love option where agents took EURO and did bank transfer, or used courier service.

Saw this today, looks awesome for everyday use, maybe an agent could use it for inspiration

If you contact someone there, they can get someone from localbitcoins to trade the e1 you GIVE them into euros and then btc to b1 and then GIVE the b1 to your account--or leave it in btc, but then you miss the opportunity to sell into the inflated b1 asks and keep your assets within the context of a video game.

Or you could wait for others to do this and watch the prices align via arbitrage working its magic.

Or lending is introduced and those who bought overpriced b1 and m3 get a reality check from shorters with enough foresight to see what eventually will happen by the first and second statement.

Scrotum

Activity: 119

View Profile
April 08, 2017, 10:00:51 AM

Agreed

If you contact someone there, they can get someone from localbitcoins to trade the e1 you GIVE them into euros and then btc to b1 and then GIVE the b1 to your account--or leave it in btc, but then you miss the opportunity to sell into the inflated b1 asks and keep your assets within the context of a video game.

Or you could wait for others to do this and watch the prices align via arbitrage working its magic.

Or lending is introduced and those who bought overpriced b1 and m3 get a reality check from shorters with enough foresight to see what eventually will happen by the first and second statement.

Thanks, good tip!

If the agents are good at customer service like that, then I'm more than interested now.
tombots

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 10:51:37 AM

Weekly housing markets report. These houses / land lots are for sale at the moment:

Borough 1
1000 mil: https://cryptokingdom.me/land/lot/details/14

Borough 2
240 mil: https://cryptokingdom.me/land/lot/details/363

Borough 4
15 mil: https://cryptokingdom.me/land/lot/details/724

Borough 9
15 mil: https://cryptokingdom.me/land/lot/details/943

sammy007
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 08:29:31 PM

Very nice and long-awaited S-LL dividends finally Shocked
generalizethis (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2017, 08:31:35 AM

What was it per share?

sammy007
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 12:30:23 PM
Last edit: April 10, 2017, 12:45:15 PM by sammy007

What was it per share?

Don't remember, but it was worth buying shares for approximately M*1,000,000 - M*500,000 each.

I own 25 shares:

404681 Dividend M3 1,250
404671 Dividend M  2,500,000
404663 Dividend M  25

thatbluedude

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 01:12:11 PM

can I calculate the maintenance costs for buildings in advance? How expensive was maintenance in the past?
CrazyLoaf

Activity: 763
Merit: 534

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 02:05:51 PM

can I calculate the maintenance costs for buildings in advance? How expensive was maintenance in the past?

The clans update will more than likely bring major changes, so prior information that you find in the CK thread may be less valuable. In any event, you can't building anything at the moment, but if you are talking about items you already own, I would say keep some M on hand to pay any fees.
generalizethis (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2017, 06:59:17 PM

What's your char ID #? I promised to raffle off a prize in IRC and you, Sammy007 and Loaf qualify.

thatbluedude

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 09:02:38 PM

What's your char ID #? I promised to raffle off a prize in IRC and you, Sammy007 and Loaf qualify.
luigi1111
Legendary

Activity: 1105
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 03:29:45 AM

What was it per share?

Don't remember, but it was worth buying shares for approximately M*1,000,000 - M*500,000 each.

I own 25 shares:

404681 Dividend M3 1,250
404663 Dividend M  25

It was 50 M3/share, plus 10000 M/share.
CrazyLoaf

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 05:22:00 AM

Two recent posts worth taking note of:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=819073.msg18547533#msg18547533

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=819073.msg18551877#msg18551877

Markka, M, is both the ingame currency for CryptoKingdom and equity in CryptoKingdom itself, since it is CK re-denominated. This is like using stock in Linden Labs rather than Linden Dollars as the in game currency in Second Life. Personally I find the idea very appealing since effectively CryptoKingdom is owned by its players.

Second Life is a very interesting case study as it is something that most have given up for dead (https://www.wired.com/2015/12/5-companies-you-thought-were-doomed-but-are-actually-fine-for-now/), but still generates solid revenue on a fairly small player base. The company is trying to move into VR with their latest project (https://www.wired.co.uk/article/philip-rosedale-high-fidelity) and the stock is actually traded on SharesPost, though I couldn't find recent price data.

"As recently as July 2009, one breathless analyst forecast annual revenues for Linden Lab at $100M USD and valued the company at $678-700M." - http://nwn.blogs.com/nwn/2009/07/700-million-world.html

Curious what others think about CK in relation to Second Life and vice versa...
CrazyLoaf

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 05:55:15 AM

Found some additional data on Second Life. Perhaps the CK setup can avoid some of the problems SL has experienced (and can learn from them).

Data driven site for Second Life: http://gridsurvey.com/

http://nwn.blogs.com/nwn/2017/04/second-life-annual-revenue-sansar.html

"Second Life Annual Revenue Likely Down to Around $50 Million, Based on Land Tier Payment Estimates -- Was $100M/Year in 2009"
sammy007
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 06:06:17 AM

What was it per share?

I own 25 shares:

404681 Dividend M3 1,250
404663 Dividend M  25

It was 50 M3/share, plus 10000 M/share.

What is char_id of the corp? IIRC it mostly backed by M3, this is good, real assets are better in any age. M lost 70% of its "value" since yesterday (IRL time). Vapor holders losing their shirts.

Update: M lost 100% of its "value" (5 min. after). This is reality check.
bucket_ck

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 01:29:09 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=819073.msg18558698#msg18558698
§10 Cause the marketcap of Markka be higher than that of Bitcoin continuously during the last 24 days of the Mission. (This is mainly to domesticate MP, who controls Bitcoin, yet continues to scold you publicly as he is unwilling to grok the speed of things happening.) This section is graded by SirJacket.
M to the Moon(s of Saturn)!
CK_Zephyrus

Activity: 89

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 10:27:54 AM

For more visibility:

==========IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT========
At 14:30 GMT, Crypto Kingdom will be going back online (~6 hr from now). At
this time, all trading will be enabled and game will pick up exactly where it
left off about 2 days ago. Bids/Asks will not be cancelled. The system has been
migrated to a new platform and should be much faster with redundant backups.

Notice has been given so that the largest amount of ck population can be online
when the system returns. Please be ready...
====================================

generalizethis (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2017, 12:17:37 PM

For more visibility:

==========IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT========
At 14:30 GMT, Crypto Kingdom will be going back online (~6 hr from now). At
this time, all trading will be enabled and game will pick up exactly where it
left off about 2 days ago. Bids/Asks will not be cancelled. The system has been
migrated to a new platform and should be much faster with redundant backups.

Notice has been given so that the largest amount of ck population can be online
when the system returns. Please be ready...
====================================

Will be interesting to see how depomarkets react.

ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 03:33:51 PM

I am re posting here the post on the EUR (E1) markets that was deleted from the main CK thread.

1. Earliest 6 game-days from this notice, every single FUCK will be taken from its owner and consumed with no obvious effect. (Multiple FUCKs are unaffected.)

2. 1*E1=10,000*M peg was removed from the marketmaking. E1 (as well as everything else) floats freely now, infinite ladder by Coinshop.

3. Currently circulating M certificates will retain fixed conversion (EUR 10 in banknotes for 100,000 Markka in certificates received and vice versa).

4. Every time the price of E1 reaches 7,000*M, each M will give 1*M newdividend (ie. item:M quantity doubles and percentage ownership is unaffected).

5. Certificates are excluded from the dividend, so it is possible to keep a part of your stash as darknessmoney (cash), but the lightmoney (changelog) pays dividends over time.

Here are my thoughts on all of this.

Markka, M, is both the ingame currency for CryptoKingdom and equity in CryptoKingdom itself, since it is CK re-denominated. This is like using stock in Linden Labs rather than Linden Dollars as the in game currency in Second Life. Personally I find the idea very appealing since effectively CryptoKingdom is owned by its players.

Pegging M to EUR made no sense at all. This was aggravated by an artificially high price about 3.5x the market rate and highly restricted market for EUR withdrawals. So to say the least I am very pleased that this artificial 1*E1=10,000*M peg was removed from the marketmaking and E1 will be allowed to float freely. Nevertheless E1 is to say the least very inefficient for deposits and withdrawals, especially when compared to M3 and B1. It would make sense to do market making for E1 based upon M3/M and B1/M rates and the EUR/XMR and EUR/XBT rates.

Re-denominating M based upon the market value of E1 makes sense to me provided that that it is based upon proper market discovery, which in practice may involved the M3/M and B1/M rates and the EUR/XMR and EUR/XBT rates.

I fail to see the point of a separate item for E1 certificates unless these certificates charge or pay interest. If someone wishes to hold EUR in CK why can't they just hold E1?

Edit: A stock split and a stock dividend are in reality the same thing, although some tax authorities attempt to distinguish between the two.

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
CK_Zephyrus

Activity: 89

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 07:24:56 PM

This is of particular interest here, and it's less likely to be rage-troll-deleted here.

For those of you who've been had by pressing enter in the middle of a line,

For those of you who haven't yet,

Here's a greasemonkey script which will fix this. If works with recent Firefox at least.
It needs the Greasemonkey plugin to work, obviously. Available on the mozilla FF plugin site (Tools/Addons).

Enjoy not selling your stuff to Mooo for cheap Cheesy

// ==UserScript==
// @name        No split line
// @namespace   CK
// @description Prevents enter in the middle of a command splitting it
// @include     https://cryptokingdom.me/*
// @version     1
// @grant       none
// ==/UserScript==

cli=document.getElementById("cli")

function on_key(e)
{