Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Is Bitcoin Hard fork imminent
yes - 10 (25.6%)
no - 29 (74.4%)
Total Voters: 39

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin unlimited  (Read 2140 times)
Variogam

Activity: 276
Merit: 254

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 02:23:06 PM

Emergent consensuns included in Bitcoin unlimited and other Bitcoin implementations is gainng support over time and now over 50% miners preffer this onchain scaling solution. Because there is nothing better on the table regarding onchain scaling, its going to be used to finally produce slightly bigger blocks so the Bitcoin wont be crippled anymore - it is bad news for altcoin pumpers, but necessary if Bitcoin has to remain #1 cryptocurrency.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 02:39:37 PM

I've had enough of a blood drunk Roger Ver slaughtering hes own offspring, and I'm out of popcorn too.

The developers should just apply SegWit like they normally would and move on.

Let Jihan have hes fork. Be it an involuntary one.

Its up to the developers ?  humm, thats funny, i could have sworn Satoshi's
white paper said nodes will vote with their CPU power on any needed rules.

BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 02:54:33 PM

In last few days BTU is loosing its steam, the hashrate is going down. On the other hand segwit is gaining momentum.
Is forking good or bad for BTC.
I need the views of the general community

http://xtnodes.com/

Look at the lines of Classic and XT nodes. That's what will happen to BU once the fad is over, it will disappear overtime since it's useless. Core will continue making the best effort delivering the best software and hodlers value that over anything else.
corebob

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 02:56:39 PM

I've had enough of a blood drunk Roger Ver slaughtering hes own offspring, and I'm out of popcorn too.

Its up to the developers ? 

Of course it is. The core developers can just apply SegWit to their software if they want
Coinchange

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 02:59:44 PM

Of course it is. The core developers can just apply SegWit to their software if they want

so whats the whole fork about that Topic
what can beforked will be forked

🚀
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 03:09:02 PM

anyone can run whatever code they want.

Here's why segwit may never get full support of the miners
http://archive.is/XpI8a

taxmanmt5
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1024

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 03:20:05 PM

In last few days BTU is loosing its steam, the hashrate is going down. On the other hand segwit is gaining momentum.
Is forking good or bad for BTC.
I need the views of the general community

http://xtnodes.com/

In the last week, BTU was threatening to be able to beat or overcome BTC, but to our good, it is no longer in competition. It has been dismissed by the people themselves. BTC lives Smiley
Variogam

Activity: 276
Merit: 254

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 03:54:49 PM

In the last week, BTU was threatening to be able to beat or overcome BTC, but to our good, it is no longer in competition. It has been dismissed by the people themselves. BTC lives Smiley

Bitcoin Unlimited is used for mining Bitcoins for so long, many people already own BTCs mined from this software. Actually Bitcoin Unlimited software gaining popularity among miners over time, so the proper reasoning would be other implementations are slowly abandoned because they are not competetive anymore.
Genedarner123 (OP)

Activity: 78
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 06:03:46 PM

but for me bitcoin doesn't need any forking right now.

what about the network congestion. think of micro payments.
things promised by BTC community, people cant stand for hours in a grocery for their payments to get confirmed, if at all BTC becomes mainstream
ImHash

Activity: 924
Merit: 506

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 06:30:27 PM

It doesn't matter, what really matters that we all should support any chain if forked under one condition only if they fork with 75%+ otherwise it's an attack if they try to change protocols with 51%+ of hash power.
To those saying POW will be changed, how could it be? miners with 75%+ of hash power still needed to vote for a POW change or is there some other way?
Would you vote against yourself to fire you from your job and your vote would be the one vote that really matters?
How can miners mining with ASIC machines vote for a change that kills their mining machines?
Genedarner123 (OP)

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 03:18:35 PM

It doesn't matter, what really matters that we all should support any chain if forked under one condition only if they fork with 75%+ otherwise it's an attack if they try to change protocols with 51%+ of hash power.
To those saying POW will be changed, how could it be? miners with 75%+ of hash power still needed to vote for a POW change or is there some other way?
Would you vote against yourself to fire you from your job and your vote would be the one vote that really matters?
How can miners mining with ASIC machines vote for a change that kills their mining machines?
its 95% for BTC . 75% is for LTC
Genedarner123 (OP)

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 05:50:47 PM

Now that LTC almost got the hashrate to activate segwit its time to watch how it will work. I feel it as a test ground before it can be activated on BTC. and if its a success segwit will will sure be activated on BTC and we will see another bull run on BTC. #fingerscrossed
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4414

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 06:04:01 PM

Now that LTC almost got the hashrate to activate segwit its time to watch how it will work. I feel it as a test ground before it can be activated on BTC. and if its a success segwit will will sure be activated on BTC and we will see another bull run on BTC. #fingerscrossed

funny how that segwit is 'promised' to be soo backward compatible, so safe that it doesnt need node consensus.. and yet even after multiple requests, core refuse to make just 1 segwit block with 1 segwit tx by asking their DCG partner BTCC to publish one to show how compatible, safe and happy it is.

why does core need such savage banscores, UASF PoW algo threats....

atleast BU have shown what happens with BU in the event of controversy
if they made a 1mb+ block without node consensus... results in something mind blowing.. wait for it
wait for it..
here it comes....

3 seconds of reject block drama. end of.

Code:
2017-01-29 06:59:12 Requesting block 000000000000000000cf208f521de0424677f7a87f2f278a1042f38d159565f5
2017-01-29 06:59:15 ERROR: AcceptBlock: bad-blk-length, size limits failed (code 16)

i know right.. 3 seconds and no drama after that.. shocking right!

yep. BU=3 seconds and forgotten, if it doesnt have consensus..

yep. core= banning, lots of orphaning and asic nukes if core doesnt have consensus..

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
amacar2
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1007

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 06:06:04 PM

I think when segwit will be activated on LTC it will trigger another bull run on LTC and if it works as thought than that will also create bull run in BTC and support may build towards segwit again in BTC too. #fingerscrossed  Wink

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Rajchandu

Activity: 38

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 07:23:55 PM

Bitcoin Unlimited is used for mining Bitcoins for so long, many people already own BTCs mined from this software. Actually Bitcoin Unlimited software gaining popularity among miners over time, so the proper reasoning would be other implementations are slowly abandoned because they are not competetive anymore.
felipehermanns

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 07:55:28 PM

I think when segwit will be activated on LTC it will trigger another bull run on LTC and if it works as thought than that will also create bull run in BTC and support may build towards segwit again in BTC too. #fingerscrossed  Wink

that's true.

And the chinese bug coiners will move to segwit and these paid BUG coin users that talk here will shut up
cryptoanarchist
Legendary

Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 07:36:16 PM

Isn't SegWit dead? I don't see how Core can move forward after alienating damn near everyone. The only way core can save face at this point is if they ceremoniously fired Greg and gave Gavin commit approval back.

That's not going to happen, and there are no better alternatives, so I'm committed to BTU even even if they only had 10% hashrate. I'm definitely fine forking with just 40%. My node will validate a 4MB BTU block. Everyone else can have their fake govt-sponsored blockchain - it won't be worth anything.

I'm grumpy!!
ebliever
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1035

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 07:47:38 PM

BU has been dwindling since the ASICBoost scandal broke. It is now under 30% at https://coin.dance/blocks.

The Politics link at coin.dance shows only 4% of organizations actually oppose Segwit. Not surprisingly it looks like mostly miners in the BU cartel.

Segwit will probably never reach the 95% threshold, but the UASF certainly looks to be gaining steam. My guess is that is how it will end up being implemented.

Luke 12:15-21

Ephesians 2:8-9
cryptoanarchist
Legendary

Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 08:18:33 PM

BU has been dwindling since the ASICBoost scandal broke. It is now under 30% at https://coin.dance/blocks.

The Politics link at coin.dance shows only 4% of organizations actually oppose Segwit. Not surprisingly it looks like mostly miners in the BU cartel.

Segwit will probably never reach the 95% threshold, but the UASF certainly looks to be gaining steam. My guess is that is how it will end up being implemented.

Whoever and whatever becomes of core will inevitably become a useless coin, so why bother? I don't care about UASF because I no longer will ever use a core client.

I'm grumpy!!
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 02:02:58 AM

funny how that segwit is 'promised' to be soo backward compatible, so safe that it doesnt need node consensus.. and yet even after multiple requests, core refuse to make just 1 segwit block with 1 segwit tx by asking their DCG partner BTCC to publish one to show how compatible, safe and happy it is.

Huh?  Of course segwit is not compatible if the longest PoW chain doesn't support it.  

I doubt anyone would claim otherwise.  

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: