Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:16:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Private healthcare applications w/ blockchain  (Read 1034 times)
PremiumCodeX (OP)

Activity: 1204
Merit: 531

Metaverse 👾 Cyberweapons

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 07:12:04 PM

This is a demand-analysis. What private healthcare applications would you like to see in the close-future? I want to hear applications that have not been made yet, but you think there is a demand on them.

I am posting my own example as... well as an example Tongue

I have this idea to help people with coeliac disease, diabetes or simply if you are vegan or just want to know what you are taking into your body at ingredient-level.

There could be an application where we would be able to efficiently check if some products' ingredients were changed from reading the productName-ingredientHash pair from the blockchain. There could be even a mobile app that notifies the patient if the hash of a product that he is using was changed = the ingredients of the product was changed.

[TUTORIAL] How to steal $350 000?
Best OS for recovering stolen BTCs.
Visit our FREE Bitcointalk thread.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nara1892

Activity: 1554
Merit: 654

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 12:50:22 AM

I think I'm interested to know how much calorie contained in some foods I'd like to eat. it will help me to control how much food I need to eat because sometimes food brings disease.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK  
          100%   MULTICHARGER  
Hydrogen
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 04:17:19 AM
Last edit: April 02, 2017, 04:46:10 AM by Hydrogen

That's an interesting concept.

To test ingredients contained in food might imply DNA sampling & identification and some form of chemical analysis.

Then tests for pesticides and other contaminants.

What could make that difficult is different geographic areas have food processed in different plants & the results across geographic areas would vary.

There are youtube channels where people have independently tested for things like bottled water acidity and pesticide levels in fruits and vegetables with surprising results.

If you did implement something similar to this, your testing would represent a significantly higher degree of safety regulation and quality control than what the FDA and most other official regulatory groups employ.

It all depends on how serious about quantifying ingredients someone is, I guess.
pinkflower

Activity: 868
Merit: 259

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 08:00:52 AM

This is a demand-analysis. What private healthcare applications would you like to see in the close-future? I want to hear applications that have not been made yet, but you think there is a demand on them.

I am posting my own example as... well as an example Tongue

I have this idea to help people with coeliac disease, diabetes or simply if you are vegan or just want to know what you are taking into your body at ingredient-level.

There could be an application where we would be able to efficiently check if some products' ingredients were changed from reading the productName-ingredientHash pair from the blockchain. There could be even a mobile app that notifies the patient if the hash of a product that he is using was changed = the ingredients of the product was changed.

There are arguments around here in the forum that say some institutions that think they need a blockchain really dont, like banks or like in your example the institutions of the healthcare industry. All they need is an appendable database like SQL.
BingoDog

Activity: 658
Merit: 505

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 08:03:10 AM

Something related to vegan food and lifestyle and healthy food in general would be interesting for me. Maybe even if food and ingriedients like this could be bought somwhere online for bitcoins. Anyway, sounds like good initiative and many people would be interested in something like that.

malaj
pinkflower

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 10:57:34 AM

Something related to vegan food and lifestyle and healthy food in general would be interesting for me. Maybe even if food and ingriedients like this could be bought somwhere online for bitcoins. Anyway, sounds like good initiative and many people would be interested in something like that.

No its really not. They dont need a blockchain. If you listen to the podcast of Chris Derose he explains why most of the institutions that say they need a blockchain really dont. According to him its an efficiency thing. What inefficiencies is a blockchain solving in the idea of PremiumCodeX? A centralized database is always more efficient for things like those.
Hydrogen
Legendary

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 12:07:53 PM
Last edit: April 03, 2017, 12:46:29 PM by Hydrogen

No its really not. They dont need a blockchain. If you listen to the podcast of Chris Derose he explains why most of the institutions that say they need a blockchain really dont. According to him its an efficiency thing. What inefficiencies is a blockchain solving in the idea of PremiumCodeX? A centralized database is always more efficient for things like those.

Blockchain is more efficient in terms of maintaining data integrity. Miner difficulty for bitcoin is very high now. At bitcoin's inception difficulty was much lower & it was possible to mine with cheaper hardware. It is possible to reach a tipping point where data integrity is cost effective in terms of hardware requirements. At least in terms of it being an additional layer of security.

I've never heard of Chris Derose. A lot of self proclaimed experts on youtube & twitter are not very reliable.

The truth is, every security measure ever invented is inefficient. Virus scan, WIFI encryption, passwords -- they're all less efficient. It doesn't mean they aren't useful.
pinkflower

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 06:45:10 AM

Blockchain is more efficient in terms of maintaining data integrity. Miner difficulty for bitcoin is very high now. At bitcoin's inception difficulty was much lower & it was possible to mine with cheaper hardware. It is possible to reach a tipping point where data integrity is cost effective in terms of hardware requirements. At least in terms of it being an additional layer of security.

I've never heard of Chris Derose. A lot of self proclaimed experts on youtube & twitter are not very reliable.

The truth is, every security measure ever invented is inefficient. Virus scan, WIFI encryption, passwords -- they're all less efficient. It doesn't mean they aren't useful.

Data integrity is a lot cheaper if maintained by a third party who will be liable under the law if it was caught tampering with the data. A blockchain was never intended to be efficient. In your private health center blockchain who or what secures the network?

You have never heard of Chris Derose and yet you say hes a self proclaimed expert? Your ignorance is very embarrassing. Go do your research and stop making posts, spamming your signature.

But a blockchain is more inefficient.
Vaskiy
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1105

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 08:25:33 AM

Blockchain seems to match well with the described concept on the development of an blockchain based application for health industry. Already its been used in few pharma industries for management and database of diagnosis given to patients.

Hydrogen
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 08:50:22 AM

Data integrity is a lot cheaper if maintained by a third party who will be liable under the law if it was caught tampering with the data. A blockchain was never intended to be efficient. In your private health center blockchain who or what secures the network?

You have never heard of Chris Derose and yet you say hes a self proclaimed expert? Your ignorance is very embarrassing. Go do your research and stop making posts, spamming your signature.

Its a question of downtime.

If amazon or a retail website is down for a few hours, that can represent millions in lost revenue.

One advantage of data saved in a blockchain is avoiding downtime associated with data compromise.

Yes data can be backed up by 3rd party or saved on another drive, but if the initial server data is hacked or compromised, it takes time for a rollback to happen.

That rollback of data is associated with downtime and lost revenue.

There are scenarios where a blockchain with greater uptime is preferred over backend database servers which are normally shut down when they're compromised.
btccashacc
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 09:22:13 AM

I think I'm interested to know how much calorie contained in some foods I'd like to eat. it will help me to control how much food I need to eat because sometimes food brings disease.
There are already kind of this and i am using it right now on my diet program, so basically these sites is full of with information about how many calories should you eat per day to lose or maintain or to gain weight.
http://www.calculator.net/calorie-calculator.html
http://caloriescount.com/FoodCalculator.aspx
etc, also there are some apps about this project on play store to.
As for me, i really want a compelete drug list and maybe an diabetes app where people can calculate how much insulin they need,would these possible with blockchain?
pinkflower

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 05:17:14 AM

If amazon or a retail website is down for a few hours, that can represent millions in lost revenue.

One advantage of data saved in a blockchain is avoiding downtime associated with data compromise.

Yes data can be backed up by 3rd party or saved on another drive, but if the initial server data is hacked or compromised, it takes time for a rollback to happen.

There are scenarios where a blockchain with greater uptime is preferred over backend database servers which are normally shut down when they're compromised.

If a social media site can have no downtime Im sure a private health care site that stores very important data wont too if the deploy it correctly with multiple back up servers ready. It is cheaper and more efficient.

Everyone should stop listening to the people like Tim Swanson or Don Tapscott if they say the blockchain will be a part of everything. They are only trying to create a buzz. Listen to the real people who know better.
Gotottack

Activity: 882
Merit: 506

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 08:19:12 AM

If a social media site can have no downtime Im sure a private health care site that stores very important data wont too if the deploy it correctly with multiple back up servers ready. It is cheaper and more efficient.

Everyone should stop listening to the people like Tim Swanson or Don Tapscott if they say the blockchain will be a part of everything. They are only trying to create a buzz. Listen to the real people who know better.

But the blockchain has really great potential about it and can really revolutionize how the world records everything. A blockchain can be used by every medical and healthcare industries to really store every data they have for their businesses and not worry about their servers going down or their databases being wiped or hacked. Having multiple entities holding the whole block is beneficial for their business.

However, the main problem would be privacy here. I read about zcash's way of using the blockchain. Zcash has made a system where they can encrypt the transactions they have written in their blockchain which can only be accessed by the parties and whoever they choose to show the data. Which can probably solve a lot of problems in recording.
Hydrogen
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 04:32:56 PM

I've seen twitter and facebook be down before. If the blockchain has been down over the past 7 years, I don't remember it.

Twitter appears extremely broken at the moment with their last update.

Big social media sites usually have incentivized bug programs where exploits in their social media service can be paid in thousands of dollars of cash.

That could cut down on their sites being compromised, which could cut their downtime.

I don't know if that's something all social media providers can afford.

It is possible smaller organizations who can't afford bug bounty programs, might opt for blockchain technology to cut downtime associated with data compromise.

I honestly don't know if blockchain technology is overrated in terms of applications. I guess we'll find out in the next 5-10 years how useful it can be.

pinkflower

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 07:26:47 AM

But the blockchain has really great potential about it and can really revolutionize how the world records everything. A blockchain can be used by every medical and healthcare industries to really store every data they have for their businesses and not worry about their servers going down or their databases being wiped or hacked. Having multiple entities holding the whole block is beneficial for their business.

However, the main problem would be privacy here. I read about zcash's way of using the blockchain. Zcash has made a system where they can encrypt the transactions they have written in their blockchain which can only be accessed by the parties and whoever they choose to show the data. Which can probably solve a lot of problems in recording.

Th problem there is efficiency. Why would you use a blockchain if running a centralized server with a database like SQL or MongoDB makes more sense to run? What kind of problem are you trying to solve here? If you are concerned of downtimes or that your data will be wiped out then make a back up server. Simple.
PremiumCodeX (OP)

Activity: 1204
Merit: 531

Metaverse 👾 Cyberweapons

View Profile
April 08, 2017, 09:13:02 PM

As for me, i really want a compelete drug list and maybe an diabetes app where people can calculate how much insulin they need,would these possible with blockchain?

I am sure it is possible. In the meantime of my research, I learned that blockchain-type of DBs are very good choice when the purpose is verification. You could create deterministically a hash code from the drug's ID and look it up in the verified drugs' list. That is an use-case that goes well with blockchain technology. In addition, as it was mentioned, there are different blockchain based applications in use in healthcare, already. You do not have to trust any 3rd party and zero downtime is ensured by the global network.   

[TUTORIAL] How to steal $350 000?
Best OS for recovering stolen BTCs.
Visit our FREE Bitcointalk thread.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: