Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 09:20:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What current alt crypt-currency do YOU believe in?  (Voting closed: April 30, 2013, 06:37:59 PM)
[LTC]Litecoin - 217 (43.1%)
[NVC]Novacoin - 41 (8.2%)
[FC]Feathercoin - 95 (18.9%)
[TC]Terracoin - 11 (2.2%)
[PPC]PPCoin - 65 (12.9%)
[BBQ]BBQCoin - 10 (2%)
[BTE]Bytecoin - 9 (1.8%)
None - 55 (10.9%)
Total Voters: 503

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [POLL] What current alt crypto-currency do YOU believe in?  (Read 5876 times)
daytrader420 (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 06:37:59 PM
Last edit: April 23, 2013, 09:35:16 PM by daytrader420

Just curious. I'm targetting the question more to scrypt algorithms, however I added some sha256 ones for kicks.

There is a lot of hype with FeatherCoin, but I was hoping to see more of a design improvement for hopping onto a new coin.
And currently, I'm mining FC, because there is a demand for it.
I want to hold onto my generated coin but I am concerned about it's future.

edit:
added bbq,bte, & 'none' option to poll, forgot about them. since nmc and dvc are merged mining to bitcoin, i didn't add.
also forgot many of the others but they are mostly phased out.

Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
El Dude

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 06:42:02 PM

Ones that can't be mine with ASIC , so LTC and FC

Bitcoin and Litecoin hodler
mr_random
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 06:43:37 PM

Let's not kid ourselves. Feathercoin isn't going to overtake Litecoin, that would make no sense. But imo it should be more valuable than Terracoin or at least around the same price. It's provides an attractive option to Litecoin miners and there are no ASICs to mess with it.

I believe in a lot of the alt currencies. Litecoin in particular. I am also a big proponent of PPCoin and I think long term more people are going to be attracted to it.
daytrader420 (OP)

Activity: 126

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 06:48:36 PM

I dont want to trash anyone's new coin.
But, I don't fully see how Feathercoin can offer a longer viability than Litecoin.
I'm thinking people are rushing to the idea of the 'early adopter' phase with Feathercoin.
Structurally, it is the same right? (Except 200 coin reward for block found.)

Also, haven't even really talked about Novacoin.
By the structure, I think I would believe in NVC more than FC. I like the idea of scrypt/PoW+PoS.
But surely the 'early adopter' phase has rounded off for that, and the massive premine has likely tainted its image, even if the coins were destroyed.

Also yes, I will vote any alt-currency which is ASIC resistant.

Smiley
justabitoftime

Activity: 154

CoinTropolis

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 07:08:50 PM

Let's not kid ourselves. Feathercoin isn't going to overtake Litecoin, that would make no sense. But imo it should be more valuable than Terracoin or at least around the same price. It's provides an attractive option to Litecoin miners and there are no ASICs to mess with it.

I believe in a lot of the alt currencies. Litecoin in particular. I am also a big proponent of PPCoin and I think long term more people are going to be attracted to it.

Services make all the difference in the world. The right people behind a specific coin can act like a catalyst behind the value.  I'm deep in quite a few coins, if any increase, I'm loving life. My point is, community and what is developed will push it forward.  I'd be more than happy to see Feathercoin at a 4:1 with Litecoin long term.

Walter Rothbard

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

Bytecoin: 8VofSsbQvTd8YwAcxiCcxrqZ9MnGPjaAQm

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2013, 07:12:11 PM

Bitcoin, Bytecoin, Terracoin

mr_random
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 07:15:38 PM

Services make all the difference in the world. The right people behind a specific coin can act like a catalyst behind the value.  I'm deep in quite a few coins, if any increase, I'm loving life. My point is, community and what is developed will push it forward.  I'd be more than happy to see Feathercoin at a 4:1 with Litecoin long term.

I agree 100%. The community is definitely pushing right behind Feathercoin and we are seeing a lot of community support. Bytecoin was generating a similar level of buzz until an ASIC killed it stone dead, Feathercoin won't run into that problem so it's going to be a very exciting and intriguing experiment to see how far Feathercoin can go Smiley
virtualmaster

Activity: 504

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 07:20:39 PM

You forget the best one: namecoin.

Calendars for free to print: 2014 Calendar in JPG | 2014 Calendar in PDF Protect the Environment with Namecoin: 2014 Calendar in JPG | 2014 Calendar in PDF
Namecoinia.org  -  take the planet in your hands
BTC: 15KXVQv7UGtUoTe5VNWXT1bMz46MXuePba   |  NMC: NABFA31b3x7CvhKMxcipUqA3TnKsNfCC7S
bnogal

Activity: 179

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 07:24:53 PM

there i miss the bytecoin
str4wm4n
Legendary

Activity: 1611

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 07:32:53 PM

BBQCoin
Yurizhai

Activity: 764

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 07:35:47 PM

PPCoin, though there's still plenty of opportunity to overshadow it.

Feathercoin is a joke.

When the next scrypt based coin that actually adds some sick features to it comes out, that'll be huge. Feathercoin is just a distraction until then.
Explodicle

Activity: 950

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 07:41:36 PM

I voted PPC because it's the only one listed that does something new and useful. Everything else on the poll is a blatant copy with no original ideas besides tweaking variables that don't matter (like block time) or switching to a botnet-friendly hash algo for the sake of obsolete mining hardware.

Don't waste your money on "boo hoo I missed the boat" pump-and-dump schemes.
mr_random
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 07:47:17 PM

I voted PPC because it's the only one listed that does something new and useful. Everything else on the poll is a blatant copy with no original ideas besides tweaking variables that don't matter (like block time) or switching to a botnet-friendly hash algo for the sake of obsolete mining hardware.

PPCoin excites me a lot. I honestly think the only reason it hasn't risen even further in price is because people are still trying to wrap their heads around the original ideas. It has a lot of unique advantages over Bitcoin and Litecoin, I am compiling an easy understand list of them and am putting them on a simple website... stay tuned.

Feathercoin is a joke.

When the next scrypt based coin that actually adds some sick features to it comes out, that'll be huge. Feathercoin is just a distraction until then.

I used to say the same about Terracoin. Yet it's got to 50-60 cents being an almost complete Bitcoin clone. In fact it almost committed suicide and still it's going strong.

That's when I realised, it's people that give coins their value... Feathercoin is here to stay imo. Especially with so many Litecoin miners backing it.

zdarkazn

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 07:54:16 PM

PPCoin excites me a lot. I honestly think the only reason it hasn't risen even further in price is because people are still trying to wrap their heads around the original ideas. It has a lot of unique advantages over Bitcoin and Litecoin, I am compiling an easy understand list of them and am putting them on a simple website... stay tuned.

Feathercoin is a joke.

I used to say the same about Terracoin. Yet it's got to 50-60 cents being an almost complete Bitcoin clone. In fact it almost committed suicide and still it's going strong.

That's when I realised, it's people that give coins their value... Feathercoin is here to stay imo. Especially with so many Litecoin miners backing it.

Feathercoin isnt bad to me IMO. They way i see it is that BTC and LTC have a good backing to them, and Feathercoin just expands the options better for people that dont have LTC due to the LTC hoarders. PPC is the one that just is unique to a lot of other coins there. I would like it being used someday, with BTC just being reserved for high cost, high level transactions such as buying property, while PPC, FC and LTC can replace the actual dollar, with LTC being used for the semi-high transactions such as buying cars, etc. There arent just enough bitcons to go around, especially when some people are like "OMG Bitcoin! I want one! Just ONE!. And theres only 21 mil to go around..):

Someone feel free to correct me if my logic is flawed.
justabitoftime

CoinTropolis

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 08:12:01 PM

If 'Pee-Pee' coin is great for marketing, we must be talking about different industries. Look, I have PPC, I hope it succeeds. The idea that Feathercoin has no marketing potential makes me (as the kids say) L.o.l.  I like the community that's building, I'm looking forward to continuing my push to move it forward.

I'm not big into 'this is a joke, that's a joke' type discussions. If you have a coin you like, put some enthusiasm toward it!  Here's to multiple crypto currencies succeeding and all of us being part of the solution to the adoption.

master-P

Activity: 868

https://keybase.io/masterp FREE Escrow Service

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2013, 08:16:07 PM

Top tier alts
LTC

Middle Tier alts
NVC
NMC
DVC
PPC
TRC

Bottom Feeders
USD
BQC
IXC
RUC
SC

Unknown Tier (So they don't get mad at me Grin)
BTE
MNC
FC

Master-P's Free Escrow Service | 1% Fee for Multi-Party/Sig Campaigns | I Sign ALL of my addresses using PGP Key: https://keybase.io/masterp Verify
Tipping Address: 14PUWBwK854GLenxSa7MAuxXQUXK4DKKi5 | E-mail: masterp.bitcointalk {at} gmail {dot} com (for when/if the forum's offline)
Guide on How to Sign a Message
Walter Rothbard

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2013, 08:30:45 PM

Bottom Feeders
USD

Love it.

Walter Rothbard

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2013, 08:35:21 PM

I'm not big into 'this is a joke, that's a joke' type discussions. If you have a coin you like, put some enthusiasm toward it!  Here's to multiple crypto currencies succeeding and all of us being part of the solution to the adoption.

Hear, hear!  I have my preferred coins.  I wish no ill will at all towards holders of other coins.  I hope they all go up.

serge79

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 09:28:14 PM

Feathercoin. It has a great potential. What it need now is an easy, userfriendly, exchange site.
meebs

Activity: 616

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 10:11:27 PM

it could.. if the developers and community make a strong effort to get it accepted in the real world and give it a use.

lets be honest.. there's very little (that i know of) that LTC actually has done or does, other than exist and get mined the crap out of.

I'm not saying its a bad coin.. its just been stuck on the same version for a longgg time, developers aren't really around.. etc.

▄▄▄█████████████▄▄▄
           ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▄
        ▄██████▀▀             ▀▀██████▄
      ▄█████▀▀                    ▀▀█████▄
     █████▀                          ▀█████
    ████▀          ▄▄███████▄▄         ▀████
   ████▌        ▄██▀▀▀    ▀▀▀██▄        ▐████
  ████▌       ▄██▀            ▀██▄       ▐████
 ▐████       ██▀   ▄▄█▀▀▀█▄▄    ▀██       ████▌
 ████▌      ▐█▌   █▀  ▄▄   ▀▀             ▐████
▐████       ██  █▌  █▌ █████████████      ████▌
▐████       ██  ▐█  ▐█                     ████▌