Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 05:14:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][FeatherCoin][Stratum] FC.GETCOINAGE.COM - New Stratum Only Pool  (Read 5753 times)
ToasterLint (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 07:39:00 PM
Last edit: April 25, 2013, 01:24:37 PM by ToasterLint

Hello!!!

I've just set up a new Stratum Only pool at:
http://fc.getcoinage.com

Example connection via cgminer:
cgminer.exe --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://pool1.getcoinage.com:3333 -u your_user_name.1 -p x

It's fairly basic "cookie-cutter" web interface for now, but I have plans on enhancing it and even developing a mobile version so you can keep tabs on your "minions", hash rates, etc from a phone/tablet.

Pool fee is 2.5% to help pay for server & maintenance.

I've personally used it for a bit now and have not run into any issues(even found 2 blocks while testing the final production setup!!!).

Have fun and enjoy!

UPDATE: 4/25/2013 - 8:25AM CDT
I've decided to go ahead and close the pool.  It's been almost 4 hours since the last block found, which even with the current hashrate in the 20MH/s we should have found a block a while ago.  I haven't been able to locate what may be causing this.  I don't want to waste everyone's mining resources when it could be thrown at another pool.

Within the next 15 - 30 minutes the Stratum services will be turned off on the servers.  Web Front-End and scripts will still be active to allow the last found block to be credited to miner accounts.  After last block is credited, I will perform manual payouts.  If you do not have your payout address entered, I will leave the interface up for a few days to allow you to enter your address and perform a manual payout yourself.

Thank you to the miners who joined and used the pool.  This has been a learning experience for me and I hope to still be able to contribute to the Crypto-Coin community however I can.  As promised, I will try to at least provide the working Stratum server files I had.  I will try to get a github site set up to fork slush0's stratum-mining project and publish the modifications to make it work for scrypt based coins.  It may take me a bit as I've never really used github before other then to clone and build projects made available by others.

Thanks again, and happy mining!

-Toast

4/24/2013 - UPDATE 4
I'm not sure why, but something isn't sitting quite right.  We should be getting blocks more often, but for some reason we aren't.  For a while, at one point the pool was in the mid 50 MH/s area which should have netted us a block roughly every 30 minutes, but even then most of the time it seemed to take at least an hour.  Occasionally we'd get lucky and find a block 10-15 minutes after the last one, but the average just doesn't add up right with the hashing power the pool was putting out.

As someone pointed out in this thread, the Hashrate calculation on the Web Front-End appears to be slightly off, but it isn't THAT far off.  I don't feel too comfortable letting this pool continue to run at the risk of wasting everyone's time... don't need a bunch of upset people at me!

However, I will continue to let the pool run for now as well as continue to poke at the logs and see if I can figure out what's going on, but so far I haven't seen anything sticking out.  It isn't a server load issue either as both the FC and POOL1 servers are sitting at very good usage levels right now (even though there are still some people using the FC server to connect their miners too).  If people feel they need to leave because they don't want to stick around, I completely understand.

I'm torn I guess because I honestly don't want to waste peoples time, but I also hate to give up, especially since this is all so close and I've learned so much getting this pool set up!

If for some reason I do close the pool down, I'll be sure to disable the Stratum services but leave the Web Front-End up and the background scripts running until all blocks are confirmed and final payouts take place... I'm not out to con anyone any coins as that is not why I set this pool up.  It was set up to fill a need that existed at the time... I just wish it still did, lol.

-Toast

4/24/2013 - UPDATE 3
Alrighty, I've got the POOL1.GETCOINAGE.COM server up and running and have been using it myself to mine. I'm getting ACCEPTED shares which are being captured and reported by the Web Front-End.

If you want to start swapping your miners over to this new server at let me know how it goes, that would be great! In the meantime I will continue to keep the FC.GETCOINAGE.COM server's Stratum services running until everyone swaps over... at least for a bit. If after no issues after a while(maybe a day or two at most), I will then shut off the Stratum Services on the FC server.

As always, thanks again for your patience and happy mining!

-Toast

4/24/2013 - UPDATE 2
There was a brief outage a few moments ago, and I'm VERY sorry about this! I restarted the Database services and wasn't aware that Stratum was then complaining. As soon as I noticed this I restarted Stratum and am now seeing everything return to normal.

The reason I had to restart the Database services was to prep to the new Pool server... which is set up and I'm now testing. I will provide another update once I've monitored the new Pool server and feel confident it works as intended.

Once again I'm VERY sorry!

-Toast

UPDATE: 4/24/2013
So far so good! I've noticed the load on the server getting a tad higher then what I'd like. I haven't heard of any complaints yet on higher then normal reject rates, but I'd like to take care of this before it becomes an issue.

With that in mind, I'm planning to spin up another server to be used solely as the the "Pool Server", while the current server will still be used to host the Web Front-end and Database. I'm going the route of using two servers instead of just using a single larger server so that the transition takes place a little smoother and also allows for further expansion down the road. This means I could spin up another Pool Server if needed without creating any downtime.

So, in short, it would work like this:
Miners will keep mining on FC.GETCOINAGE.COM for now. When I have the dedicated Pool Server spun up and tested, miners can transition over to POOL1.GETCOINAGE.COM as users log in and notice the notification about the new Pool Server being ready. Stratum will still run on the original FC server for a few days to allow users to make the switch. After a few days have passed, Stratum will be disabled on the FC server thus making POOL1 the primary and only Stratum Server (for now).

-Toast
txmasut

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Vantacor

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2013, 08:33:13 PM

Just added my 6400 KH to your pool, hopefully it runs well Smiley

Vantacor Mining Store
Amazon.com Mining Store
BTC-1488ZE5vUFxUbxNLdcQoaHQkx1qxYXPgNM LTC-Le9LVJKz5bu2prQicazidFmSDo3ucTSX81 Rep Thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=200743.msg2095050#msg2095050
jdebunt
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2013, 08:33:28 PM

giving this pool a try, looks great so far Smiley
Arachnid

Activity: 38

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 08:49:57 PM

Rooking good! Thanks!
Boxman90

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 08:50:43 PM

Op has 8 posts guys. Can we be certain of trustworthiness?

LTC: LKKy4eDWyVtSrQAJy7Qmmz61RaFY91D9yC   BTC: 18fzdnCkuUNthCD8hM36UBGopFa9ij78gG
Boxman90

Activity: 518

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 08:53:44 PM

He also joined here JUST to promote his pool. Other posts by him are utterly empty.

Red flag right there buddies.

LTC: LKKy4eDWyVtSrQAJy7Qmmz61RaFY91D9yC   BTC: 18fzdnCkuUNthCD8hM36UBGopFa9ij78gG
ToasterLint (OP)

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 09:02:26 PM

I understand your concern, I guess the only excuse I have is that I'm sort of quiet type of person!  I hope to be able to gain the trust of not only the users of my pool, but of the Crypto-Coin community and the users of this WONDERFUL forum!

I was trying someone else's FC Stratum Pool and after wasting a few days and not getting squat I decided to tackle it myself.  I had a bit of a head start as I was also working on trying to get a Litecoin pool up... but at the time there seemed to be enough of those already so never really finished my endeavor.

When FeatherCoin was announced and after a couple of days still no reliable Stratum Pool, I decided to get cracking at things again.  As I said previously, I used this setup myself with FC and tested everything I could think of and haven't had any issues.  As such, I decided to then release it to the world.

I'm constantly monitoring the server and will keep everyone posted if any news should come up!
ToasterLint (OP)

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 09:07:30 PM

He also joined here JUST to promote his pool. Other posts by him are utterly empty.

Red flag right there buddies.

No, that is not the case... if this should work out, I plan on releasing the updates I've done to Stratum to get it working with FC(which should also work with Litecoin)... info on this alone is a pain in the neck to find!

Yes, I haven't posted much, but I didnt' join just to promote this pool... and in fact when I first joined I didn't intend to run a pool at all.  I like the idea of a altcoin based on Litecoin and with the need for a Stratum Pool not really out there, I decided I'd give it a go.

If you don't want to throw all your miners at this pool or any for that matter, no loss on my part, and no hard feelings! Smiley

-Toast
altmine2

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 09:11:18 PM

No, that is not the case... if this should work out, I plan on releasing the updates I've done to Stratum to get it working with FC(which should also work with Litecoin)... info on this alone is a pain in the neck to find!

Yes, I haven't posted much, but I didnt' join just to promote this pool... and in fact when I first joined I didn't intend to run a pool at all.  I like the idea of a altcoin based on Litecoin and with the need for a Stratum Pool not really out there, I decided I'd give it a go.

If you don't want to throw all your miners at this pool or any for that matter, no loss on my part, and no hard feelings! Smiley

-Toast
I really want this to be legit, I do.
I think you should make some posts around the forums, to show you're trustworthy.
If people steadily get paid from your pool, I'll jump on board 100%.
Do you have much experience with running servers, etc.?
ToasterLint (OP)

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 09:14:31 PM

I'll give him a chance.  

Hey toaster, what's the auto payout schedule?  Every half hour i hope.

Thanks Deft!

Actually, the auto payout should be configured to trigger every minute.  Just tested myself (with part of the reward from the 2 blocks I got while mining while testing this setup! lol) and worked without issue.  Please let me know if you encounter an error!

As more users jump on the pool, I may need to scale it back to roughly every 20 - 30 minutes, but don't see the need right now with the resources of the server still riding at a good level.  If I do end up changing the auto payout schedule, I will be sure to update everyone!

-Toast
ToasterLint (OP)

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 09:16:25 PM

Yes, I haven't posted much, but I didnt' join just to promote this pool... and in fact when I first joined I didn't intend to run a pool at all.  I like the idea of a altcoin based on Litecoin and with the need for a Stratum Pool not really out there, I decided I'd give it a go.

-Toast
I really want this to be legit, I do.
I think you should make some posts around the forums, to show you're trustworthy.
If people steadily get paid from your pool, I'll jump on board 100%.
Do you have much experience with running servers, etc.?

Thanks Altmine!  I hope to gain your trust soon then Smiley

Actually, my main profession is as a Network Systems Administrator of 12 years for a large company, so I do understand how to configure, monitor and maintain a server... good question!

-Toast
cygnusxi

Activity: 397
Merit: 251

CureCoin Lead Dev

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2013, 09:19:03 PM

giving this pool a try now. fyi your payout system says LTC.... minor front end problem but ive built a few websites in my day and i understand that on initial launch some things are often over looked. ill post a screen shot for everyone as soon as i get a payout.

ive mentioned this before on other posts.. i have 2 web servers, and im looking into hosting some crypto projects. and once my 2nd server ( just got it about a week ago) is ready ill be launching some mining pools. if anyone needs some web space for your crypto coin project let me know Smiley  

Fold Proteins, earn cryptos! CureCoin. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=603757 MergeFold with FoldingCoin https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=781352.0
8bitp

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 09:20:29 PM

I'm in, too. Smiley thy

came from pool.feathercoin.cc

keep it up!

FC:6uhKGqRqH48FEb4QVxhYy9iZUvuz7AntKF
ToasterLint (OP)

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 09:24:43 PM

giving this pool a try now. fyi your payout system says LTC.... minor front end problem but ive built a few websites in my day and i understand that on initial launch some things are often over looked. ill post a screen shot for everyone as soon as i get a payout.

ive mentioned this before on other posts.. i have 2 web servers, and im looking into hosting some crypto projects. and once my 2nd server ( just got it about a week ago) is ready ill be launching some mining pools. if anyone needs some web space for your crypto coin project let me know Smiley  

Doh!  Thanks for catching that!  Yeah, I've just modified the cookie-cutter mmcFE front end for now... just something to present while you guys focus on working the backend with your miners.

-Toast
Arachnid

Activity: 38

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 09:26:51 PM

Toast, FYI I couldn't setup my account until I filled out the (optional) email field. Thought you might like to know.

I didn't fill that field out and when I submitted it said 'all good, login now' or whatever. Couldn't login.

After filling out the email fields, I was able to login and now I'm Hashing away Happily on your server.
BTCSylar

Activity: 43

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 10:19:16 PM

Time Since Last Block   15 Hours 39 Minutes

The pool found 2 blocks this morning, half an hour apart, and that was it... what happened there?
txmasut

Vantacor

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2013, 10:45:29 PM

The pool found 2 blocks this morning, half an hour apart, and that was it... what happened there?

He was just testing it himself then probably backed off....or was extremely lucky.  I'll give this pool another hour or so and see what happens....with our hashing power there should be a block or two found pretty soon.

Vantacor Mining Store
Amazon.com Mining Store
BTC-1488ZE5vUFxUbxNLdcQoaHQkx1qxYXPgNM LTC-Le9LVJKz5bu2prQicazidFmSDo3ucTSX81 Rep Thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=200743.msg2095050#msg2095050
BTCSylar

Activity: 43

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 10:52:37 PM

With our hashing power there should be a block every 0.8 hour or so....
ToasterLint (OP)

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 11:03:57 PM

He was just testing it himself then probably backed off....or was extremely lucky.  I'll give this pool another hour or so and see what happens....with our hashing power there should be a block or two found pretty soon.

You are right!  My measly 1MH/s was able to somehow get two blocks within 30 minutes of each other overnight, lol.  That would be why the time since last block found is also way up there... Because I did indeed back off a bit along with making some changes that interrupted my miners at the time.

I hope my good luck earlier doesn't come back to bite me now that I made this server public! Lol

If no block found soon I will distribute the coins from those two blocks out to everyone currently mining as a sign of good will and a thank you!!!

-Toast
txmasut

Vantacor

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2013, 11:27:56 PM

At this rate we should be at 47 mins between blocks.

Vantacor Mining Store
Amazon.com Mining Store
txmasut

Vantacor

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2013, 12:17:06 AM

holy crap we got a block?!?!

About time, lol......my last pool when I started took like 2 days though so I guess I can't complain.

Vantacor Mining Store
Amazon.com Mining Store
cygnusxi

CureCoin Lead Dev

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2013, 12:26:16 AM

so far good! we got a block. im at 2150 shares accepted and only 1 rejected.

Fold Proteins, earn cryptos! CureCoin. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=603757 MergeFold with FoldingCoin https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=781352.0
ToasterLint (OP)

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 12:32:23 AM

Wow, lol, I'll admit I was beginning to get worried!  Thank you ALL for sticking with it so far.  As a thank you, I'm going to go ahead and distribute some additional coins from the first two blocks I mined earlier... once the last block we found gets distributed(to get an idea how much each person should get)

Once again, thank you all!  Now to just wait for the confirms!
txmasut

Vantacor

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2013, 12:36:03 AM

Found our second Smiley

Vantacor Mining Store
Amazon.com Mining Store
cygnusxi

CureCoin Lead Dev

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2013, 12:36:16 AM

lol, now everyone is signing up... i got knocked off the top 15 hash rate  Angry  

cygnusxi

CureCoin Lead Dev

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2013, 01:34:12 AM

21,922   114 left   chymsunsun   2013-04-24 01:22:02 AM   5,269
21,920   112 left   btskbl              2013-04-24 01:18:52 AM   11,532
21,910   102 left   chymsunsun   2013-04-24 01:11:27 AM   56,370
21,871   63 left   chminingrigs   2013-04-24 12:34:29 AM   22,540
21,855   47 left   chminingrigs   2013-04-24 12:15:47 AM   265,050

5 blocks now... my personal stats are 2860 shares accepted, 2 rejected(very nice ratio). there was 2 very brief disconnects but it reconnected instantly, no real disruption and no lost shares. im liking this pool more n more. when the payouts roll out and confirm ill be sticking with this pool for a while. nice job ToasterLint , youre pool is speeding up nicely.

cygnusxi

CureCoin Lead Dev

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2013, 02:42:50 AM

just got my first payment... it arrived instantly after the last confirmation

was gonna host the screenshot on my own server but something ( obviously the chinese or russian bots again) is overloading my damn server again... so now i get to go filter through ips and ban more bots from my server...

cygnusxi

CureCoin Lead Dev

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2013, 02:52:04 AM

wow! fast!! just happen to see new block detected in my cgminer, and in less than a second just received 2nd payment. Grats on your pool. thats the fasted auto payout in the altcoin world i think!

ToasterLint (OP)

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 03:05:09 AM

It's great to hear someone else is getting their payouts!

As promised, I'll be distributing the coins from the first two blocks I solo mined from earlier to the first group of people that stuck with it.  Payout will be based on the ratio you were paid on block 21871.  I've chosen this block since it happen only a short time after the first "public" block and to make sure that my miners don't skew the results any since I had my miners working for a bit before going public and thus had a larger share for when block 21855 was found.

Only thing I ask is that you give me a little bit of time to "crunch" all the numbers and update the balances on your accounts as I'll have to dig into the Database and work it all out.

Thank you once again!

-Toast
ToasterLint (OP)

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 03:08:27 AM

Toast, FYI I couldn't setup my account until I filled out the (optional) email field. Thought you might like to know.

I didn't fill that field out and when I submitted it said 'all good, login now' or whatever. Couldn't login.

After filling out the email fields, I was able to login and now I'm Hashing away Happily on your server.

Arachnid, not sure what the issue was exactly... I just tested myself by registering another account and I didn't have to fill in the e-mail address.  I verified it did indeed create the account as I was then able to log into this test account without issue.  Maybe just a one time fluke???  Please let me know if this happens again!

-Toast
ToasterLint (OP)

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 03:11:03 AM

wow! fast!! just happen to see new block detected in my cgminer, and in less than a second just received 2nd payment. Grats on your pool. thats the fasted auto payout in the altcoin world i think!

That's great Cygnusxi!  Right now it is configured to go through every minute to check balances for auto payout... as mention in another post in this thread I may need to scale it back some once more people join (should at no point be above 30 minute increments though).  Right now the server is holding up pretty well, but I'm keeping an eye on it.

-Toast
ToasterLint (OP)

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 05:02:34 AM

It's great to hear someone else is getting their payouts!

As promised, I'll be distributing the coins from the first two blocks I solo mined from earlier to the first group of people that stuck with it.  Payout will be based on the ratio you were paid on block 21871.  I've chosen this block since it happen only a short time after the first "public" block and to make sure that my miners don't skew the results any since I had my miners working for a bit before going public and thus had a larger share for when block 21855 was found.

Only thing I ask is that you give me a little bit of time to "crunch" all the numbers and update the balances on your accounts as I'll have to dig into the Database and work it all out.

Thank you once again!

-Toast

I'm about half way done with crediting coins from the first to blocks.  It should show up in your ledger as credits for blocks 21028 and 21051.  Everyone who helped find block 21871 has had their ledger updated, I'm just having to go through manually and do the math to add it to your current account balances(this is the part I'm half way through with).

I might not be able to finish this last piece tonight, but will tomorrow as soon as possible and will update this thread and the News section on the site once I've finished.

Thanks again!

-Toast
cygnusxi

CureCoin Lead Dev

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2013, 06:10:57 AM

Toast !! your mining pool is freaking awesome!

Est. Avg. Time per Round   0 Hours 14 Minutes
Time Since Last Block           0 Hours 5 Minutes

even with my single 7850 setup... payments are rolling into my feathercoin account! thanks again for setting up a good pool for feathercoin, i managed to solo mine a single block when difficulty was low ( first 24 hours from its release), but now with increased difficulty i needed a pool for feathercoin.

im currently at 6286 shares accepted and only 9 rejected, im going to adjust my min payout to save you a lil on fees since im just a small time miner. im not a bitcoin guru like a lot of people on this forum but i am having a lot of fun learning and mining!

well, gf is unpausing the show we are watching... gotta go ...

thanks again!!!

8bitp

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 01:02:55 PM

1hour no block found... what happened?
ToasterLint (OP)

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 01:21:09 PM

I'm about half way done with crediting coins from the first to blocks.  It should show up in your ledger as credits for blocks 21028 and 21051.  Everyone who helped find block 21871 has had their ledger updated, I'm just having to go through manually and do the math to add it to your current account balances(this is the part I'm half way through with).

I might not be able to finish this last piece tonight, but will tomorrow as soon as possible and will update this thread and the News section on the site once I've finished.

Thanks again!

-Toast

Alrighty!  Done going through and updating the Account Balances for the remaining accounts that helped find block 21871.  Looks like a few of you have already even verified you did indeed receive the "bonus".

-Toast
CryptoCurrencyMiners

Activity: 98

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 01:24:21 PM

I understand your concern, I guess the only excuse I have is that I'm sort of quiet type of person!  I hope to be able to gain the trust of not only the users of my pool, but of the Crypto-Coin community and the users of this WONDERFUL forum!

I was trying someone else's FC Stratum Pool and after wasting a few days and not getting squat I decided to tackle it myself.  I had a bit of a head start as I was also working on trying to get a Litecoin pool up... but at the time there seemed to be enough of those already so never really finished my endeavor.

When FeatherCoin was announced and after a couple of days still no reliable Stratum Pool, I decided to get cracking at things again.  As I said previously, I used this setup myself with FC and tested everything I could think of and haven't had any issues.  As such, I decided to then release it to the world.

I'm constantly monitoring the server and will keep everyone posted if any news should come up!

Hey I'll give you some bitcoin to finish setting up my litecoin pool. PM me and let me know, I just don't have time to work on it with the tremendous response we've received here on the forums!

Lazer Engraved Crypto Cards IN STOCK! http://Crypto-Cards.com  Customers Come FIRST! 100% Transparency!
8bitp

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 03:49:09 PM

MySQL server has gone...

what's going on ToasterLint?
robi

Activity: 14

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2013, 03:51:47 PM

just reconnect the proxy
8bitp

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 03:53:47 PM

just reconnect the proxy

thank you! works again  Cheesy
nesic1

Activity: 636

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 03:57:11 PM

can i use cgminer scrypt? with thiss pool?
8bitp

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 04:03:01 PM

can i use cgminer scrypt? with thiss pool?

Yeah you can Smiley

look at post 1, ToasterLint explains how:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=185461.0

Code:
cgminer.exe --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://fc.getcoinage.com:3333 -u your_user_name.1 -p x 
nesic1

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 04:06:29 PM

sorry i forgot that i use guiminer scrypt now, can i mine with him?
8bitp

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 04:11:15 PM

sorry i forgot that i use guiminer scrypt now, can i mine with him?

I think so, but I haven't try it out yet.

Just set the Server to "Other" an type in the required informations.
ToasterLint (OP)

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 04:20:36 PM

MySQL server has gone...

Yup... I restarted the MySQL services(a 2 second process) without realizing that the Stratum services didn't like that and wouldn't try to reconnect on it's own.  After discovering this and then restarting the Stratum services, it started to accept connections again.  Full explanation is in the First post on this thread... sorry!!!

-Toast
nesic1

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 04:27:37 PM

i tried but i can't find pool that works with guiminer scrypt
8bitp

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 04:45:52 PM

any error codes? what says the konsole?
8bitp

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 04:49:24 PM
Last edit: April 24, 2013, 05:51:54 PM by 8bitp

MySQL server has gone...

Yup... I restarted the MySQL services(a 2 second process) without realizing that the Stratum services didn't like that and wouldn't try to reconnect on it's own.  After discovering this and then restarting the Stratum services, it started to accept connections again.  Full explanation is in the First post on this thread... sorry!!!

-Toast

No problem dude  Wink

Besides, I'm interested in mining on your 2nd Pool: POOL1.GETCOINAGE.COM.
please give me some instructions..., thy Smiley
--> Edit: just found the instructions under "Getting Started" Cheesy
ToasterLint (OP)

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 05:14:20 PM

What version do you have installed?  I know there are a few different links out there with a few different versions.  One version has the additional option of "Stratum" which can be set to "yes or "no".  Some other versions don't display this option at all.  Please forgive me, but I don't remember which version DOES have the Stratum option for cgminer as I don't have access to my miner that uses GUIMiner Scrypt at the moment.

-Toast
nesic1

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 05:14:36 PM

just says "starting"
ToasterLint (OP)

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 05:40:35 PM

just says "starting"

You should be able to bring up a Console Tab which may give more details.  Also, check to make sure that CGMiner was packaged with the version of GUIMiner Scrypt you downloaded... I seem to remember one of the versions I download didn't have it.  It did the same thing for me... said "Starting..." but never did start, which is because CGMiner wasn't even there!  In the console tab it should say something along the lines of where it is trying to execute CGMiner, so look there and verify it is really there Smiley

-Toast
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 06:41:08 PM

hi,

How long should it be before you get any coins on this pool, because it says 20 thousand unpaid shares and it has been serveral hours and still nothing credited to my account?

So i have 20K unpaid shares and 600 paid shares, with a balance of around 0.1 fc ?

Is this correct because my hash rate is saying 1400 so i would have though i would have been able to mine a few hundred FC in all of these hours i have been mining?

Is the pool working correctly?

My friend on a different pool is getting around 3 feather coins per 30 mins??

0.1 FC doesn't seem correct?

billionaire

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 08:50:35 PM

Just started mining here. 2600 accepted, only 30 stales. Very promising. If the payout system is working correctly, this could be a great pool.
leepfrog

Activity: 252

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 09:29:22 PM

Having a miner running with the stratum proxy. Proxy shows accepted shares, however I am not seeing any hashrate of my workers in the account. They show as inactive.

Any ideas?
Joerii
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2013, 09:36:37 PM

Hi Toast.

Some issues : I'm consistently getting a higher hashrate report on the site. I'm running at 1.8mhash/sec at home but over 2mhash on the site. This is a minor issue ofcourse but I thought I'd share it.

Second issue, in pool stats the estimate I should mine around 300 FC a day, however, after mining for a good 10 hours Ihave only 53 coins. How is this possible ? I didn't connect yet to the new server, is this the reason ?

I'd hate having to switch pools because of this because you seem very motivated and hard working to get everything right.

Hypercube - get the attention you deserve
kendle

Activity: 99

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 10:13:02 PM

I have been using this pool for the past 10 hours.  I am running 700k/hash, the site reports me at 350 k/hash and have only accumulated 3.04842914 FC.  I generally get 5FC+/- every half hour on other pools.  There must be something wrong going on.
Joerii
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2013, 10:34:46 PM

...yet now in half an hour I've gotten 25 coins. hmmmmmmm

Edit : wierd. another 10 coins in 5 minutes. Are you manually releasing these or tweaking something ?

jt7382

Activity: 203

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 10:53:20 PM

Yeah, I've been mining most of the day and haven't gotten anything yet. =/
Joerii
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2013, 11:18:05 PM
Last edit: April 24, 2013, 11:44:35 PM by Joerii

I've been an idiot. Roll Eyes I forgot I already set the autopayment ! I received all the coins I should have, according to the estimate.

So people, don't run, this pool works just fine. !

cygnusxi

CureCoin Lead Dev

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2013, 12:28:24 AM

@ Joerii quoted "Im getting close to what's in the estimate now" ---

if your mean estimated coins per day... ive found this to be inaccurate on all mining pools with pay per round, even ozcoin ( well established pool) the estimate is hardly ever correct... ( i guess thats why it says "estimate" lol) remember too that pay per round pools you need to stick with for a while to get anything from it.

if youre referring to speed / i think with some mining pools it figures your khashes via shares per hour / half hour.. meaning it takes up to a full hour to update your speed.(even 50btc takes a while to show full speed)

@  kendle & Joerii  --- ive noticed with feathercoin there is a bit a reverse logic to getting more shares out of your rig... ill let you guess at what that is Tongue   with the right setup, you will produce more shares with less khashes. i use cgminer, im guessing youre both using the same. adjust your settings and watch what the site reports over the next hour... dont just go by what your miner says. rinse and repeat. let me know if it works. who knows.. maybe im crazy(i am), but i do this more for fun and learning then anything else, so im constantly trying every combo of miner setting and driver version etc..

pool also does not pay out until 120 confirms on block.. keep that in mind. ( keeps everyone safe in the long run)

here are my payment times since i started mining last night, it took a lil while for them to start (120 confirms) but after that it was steady, i also increased my autopayout amount so the times slow down towards the end.. seemed like a waste to make that many TX's

4/24/2013 18:32
4/24/2013 15:56
4/24/2013 12:01
4/24/2013 08:01
4/24/2013 01:20
4/24/2013 00:52
4/24/2013 00:47
4/23/2013 23:47
4/23/2013 23:34
4/23/2013 22:51
4/23/2013 22:34

i gotta go finish scrubbing the greasemonkey off my hands from fixing the gf's car, then its time for a glass of wine !

ToasterLint (OP)

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 03:13:06 AM

@ Joerii quoted "Im getting close to what's in the estimate now" ---

if your mean estimated coins per day... ive found this to be inaccurate on all mining pools with pay per round, even ozcoin ( well established pool) the estimate is hardly ever correct... ( i guess thats why it says "estimate" lol) remember too that pay per round pools you need to stick with for a while to get anything from it.

if youre referring to speed / i think with some mining pools it figures your khashes via shares per hour / half hour.. meaning it takes up to a full hour to update your speed.(even 50btc takes a while to show full speed)

@  kendle & Joerii  --- ive noticed with feathercoin there is a bit a reverse logic to getting more shares out of your rig... ill let you guess at what that is Tongue   with the right setup, you will produce more shares with less khashes. i use cgminer, im guessing youre both using the same. adjust your settings and watch what the site reports over the next hour... dont just go by what your miner says. rinse and repeat. let me know if it works. who knows.. maybe im crazy(i am), but i do this more for fun and learning then anything else, so im constantly trying every combo of miner setting and driver version etc..

pool also does not pay out until 120 confirms on block.. keep that in mind. ( keeps everyone safe in the long run)

here are my payment times since i started mining last night, it took a lil while for them to start (120 confirms) but after that it was steady, i also increased my autopayout amount so the times slow down towards the end.. seemed like a waste to make that many TX's

4/24/2013 18:32
4/24/2013 15:56
4/24/2013 12:01
4/24/2013 08:01
4/24/2013 01:20
4/24/2013 00:52
4/24/2013 00:47
4/23/2013 23:47
4/23/2013 23:34
4/23/2013 22:51
4/23/2013 22:34

i gotta go finish scrubbing the greasemonkey off my hands from fixing the gf's car, then its time for a glass of wine !

Thank you for the great explination cygnusxi.  You are right, since this is a PPLNS pool, you have to mine for a bit to start seeing you shares count towards a payout.  It also has the reverse effect in that if you stop mining, you'll actually keep getting credit for a bit since some of your previous shares still count towards new blocks.
BrewCrewFan

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 02:16:12 PM

Too bad... I liked this one for some reason. But where one closes another will open I am sure. Good try and thanks for the nice few days

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!.
SqMe5ceYfdcGsRyVpgvpYb6bRLS9j8omvB

XChat : Addy : XYuZESQpeMtZ2wit8nVVnXKGytfiaTBCo6 PubKey : eteshLzeq8Bh54BRjGSunMTc6Ytxtk7HYaSmDYMQn61z
ToasterLint (OP)

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 02:40:19 PM

Too bad... I liked this one for some reason. But where one closes another will open I am sure. Good try and thanks for the nice few days

Thanks BrewCrew, wish I could have figured out why the block discovery rate was so low Sad

Hope you are able to find a good pool that meets your needs.

-Toast

PS... your username, BrewCrew, is it because you are a Milwaukee Brewers fan or because your brew beer?
Edvin512

Activity: 167

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 11:06:16 PM

what happened to the coins that was not cashed out?

I am like a lennisters
Burninate

Activity: 6

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 03:55:18 AM

what happened to the coins that was not cashed out?
So, yeah, I've given this person a week now to respond to my PM asking for my coins that were in the pool back.

I'm not sure I'm ever gonna get them.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: