Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 12:19:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why does Roger Ver pay for BU Reddit ads?  (Read 1108 times)
misterbigg (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 03:21:35 PM

Con man Roger Ver pays for Bitcoin Unlimited ads on Reddit via u/theymoslover. What's his financial interest in creating FUD and dividing Bitcoin?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
felipehermanns

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 03:25:04 PM

in this forum have some guys that are paid too. always showing up arguing with ppl that are not in favor with BUg CHINESE coin.
then they just throw a lot of technical stuff but they don't see the whole context behind the scenes.

I think this guys must be so brainwashed they can't see the recent bitcoins news around the world, like japan adopting it, and this BUG chine coin will mess up everything.

Now they probably will show up with big texts,

I wanted to know how much are you guys profiting to defend bug chinese coin?  Grin
mining1

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 03:25:29 PM

And what's the problem ? Bitcoin core is clearly doing a shit job, segwit was rejected, and the 1mb block limit shouldn't exist in the first place. You should first question Core why they support the 1MB blocks instead of picking on something really unimportant, trying to move the conversation away from the real problem; 1mb blocks.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4481

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 03:28:15 PM

thinking anything not core as a threat, is in itself the problem
thinking bitcoin needs core and only core is the problem

wake up and get out of your reddit scripts of kissing cores ass and start thinking of bitcoin. not king gmaxwell and queen theymos..
but instead think about bitcoin. the real decentralised diverse bitcoin.

many diverse decentralised node are a good thing.
one codebase is bad

wake up

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
felipehermanns

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 03:30:24 PM

thinking anything not core as a threat, is in itself the problem
thinking bitcoin needs core and only core is the problem

wake up and get out of your reddit scripts of kissing cores ass and start thinking of bitcoin. not king gmaxwell and queen theymos..
but instead think about bitcoin. the real decentralised diverse bitcoin.

many diverse decentralised node are a good thing.
one codebase is bad

wake up

OK let's centralize it in the hands of the communists , nice JOB dude.
Winner
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 03:31:40 PM

Bitcoin Unlimited isn't that special. Most of the guys that are promoting that system is only trying to get more people to sway from Bitcoin so that they could purchase up the coins on the order books. It isn't any secret that the stuff going on with the upcoming stuff that is going on with the possibilities of Bitcoin (SegWit) is going to make the price rise, that is why they want to have more coins before it does.

Code:
https://bitcoincore.org/en/2016/01/26/segwit-benefits/

█████████████████
         ███ ██     █     ██ ███
       ██ █████     █     █████ ██
     ███   █   █  █████  █   █   ███
   ███     █    ███ █ ███    █     ███
  ██  ███ ██ ███    █    ███ ██ ███  ██
  ██     ████       █      █████     ██
 ███   ██ █  ███    █    ███  █ ██   ███
 █ █ ██   █     ██  █  ██     █   ██ █ █
█████     █       █████       █     █████
 █ █ ██   █   ████  █  ████   █   ██ █ █
 ███   ████ ██      █      ██ ████   ███
  ██  █  █████      █      █████  █  ██
  ██ ██   ██ ████   █  ████  ██   ██ ██
   ██      █     ██████      █     ███
     ████  █   ██████████    █  ████
       ██ █████     █    ██████ ██
         ███  ██    █   ███  ███
            █████████████████
ARROUND

Telegram
ANN Thread
Bounty Thread
Whitepaper
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 03:32:53 PM

Con man Roger Ver pays for Bitcoin Unlimited ads on Reddit via u/theymoslover. What's his financial interest in creating FUD and dividing Bitcoin?

Why is he a con man?

Why do you say this is FUD?

Why is Roger not allowed to promote his preferred scaling solution and others are?

pawel7777
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1566

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2017, 03:36:21 PM

ITT: "Everyone I don't like is a paid shill - The emotional child's guide to Bitcoin discussion" [image needed]

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
mining1

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 03:36:53 PM

Bitcoin Unlimited isn't that special.

No one said it is. The problem is bitcoin core, they seized bitcoin's development and roadmap to fit their goals, just like russia did with crimeea.
Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 03:38:08 PM

1. Calling Roger a con man is a bit too much IMO, we may not like him for what he is trying to do and his 'excessive' methods though.
2. Roger can do whatever he wants with his money, buying ads for Bitcoin Unlimited is not a crime.
3. He is convinced that Bitcoin Unlimited is the only way for bitcoin to evolve and Core's way is a dead end, it is his right to believe so.
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 03:39:06 PM

OK let's centralize it in the hands of the communists , nice JOB dude.

your stuck in your reddit script cabin fever
its actually core that are communists

core gave only the miners a vote on core..
core should be questioning themselves about why there is no unanimous vote. and find out what core should add to make people say yes.. not just point fingers and scream that PoW nukes are needed... thats too much like north korea

core want a TIER network
all the other non-core implementations want a single network of PEERS

core set the threats, deadlines and PoW nuke time bombs.. other implementations have not.

its core that have gone 'full wetard' no one else

get out of your corner of the core cabin. wash off the sweat of your cabin fever.. brush your teeth from the ass kissing.
then take off your core defender costume and instead think about bitcoin

again i say this to make it clear. think about bitcoin. i do not mean core... i mean bitcoin. think beyond the cabin windows of the core cabin you have locked yourself in and think about the diverse and decentralised bitcoin

Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
mining1

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 03:42:47 PM

TBH i think Bitcoin needs a true respected leader like vitalik.
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 03:44:31 PM

TBH i think Bitcoin needs a true respected leader like vitalik.

bitcoin needs no leaders

thats the problem people are still in the FIAT world dream of control. they dont understand bitcoins original ethos

mining1

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 03:46:59 PM

Problem is bitcoin is flawed and it needs further developing. Satoshi released a cryptocurrency with no privacy that can't scale.

Edit: so it needs leaders, problem is, vitalik is probably the only guy in the public blockchain scene proven as a leader with skill, leadership, and high moral grounds. Bitcoin core seems corrupt to me.
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 03:57:12 PM

Probably has some people that are willing to give him varying positions of influence among the BU system and the subsequent power structure that would be erected following a switch to something like BU. That's typically the main reason people are willing to spend resources to divide groups and try to sway public opinion one way or another.
Shiroslullaby

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 04:02:07 PM

bitcoin needs no leaders

thats the problem people are still in the FIAT world dream of control. they dont understand bitcoins original ethos

Exactly.
This is one of the reasons for the Satoshi Nakamoto pseudonym.
Bitcoin was designed to be a decentralized currency controlled by the users, not one iron-fisted ruler. (Or group of rulers)

Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 04:16:48 PM

I agree that we shouldn't have one total and ultimate bitcoin leader. It is the best solution when everything is going smooth.
In calm times when there is no need for sudden changes, network has no problems with scaling and no one complains.

Situation may change however when we encounter a problem, network issues that are hard to solve and as a result fractions within community will form.
We are seeing something like that is happening now: Jihan + Roger vs. Core - it's similar situation when the King is dead and his sons are fighting for power.
There is also Satoshi Complex -  still pretty much alive within bitcoin community and some people are longing for that father figure to guide them.
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 04:22:32 PM

I agree that we shouldn't have one total and ultimate bitcoin leader. It is the best solution when everything is going smooth.
In calm times when there is no need for sudden changes, network has no problems with scaling and no one complains.

Situation may change however when we encounter a problem, network issues that are hard to solve and as a result fractions within community will form.
We are seeing something like that is happening now: Jihan + Roger vs. Core - it's similar situation when the King is dead and his sons are fighting for power.
There is also Satoshi Complex -  still pretty much alive within bitcoin community and some people are longing for that father figure to guide them.

the funny part is that jihan and ver dont want control of bitcoin.. but blockstream does.
you can point the finger in different directions and have as many rekt campaigns as you like. but the truth will always worm its way through that its core that want to be leaders, no one else

BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 04:32:16 PM

And what's the problem ? Bitcoin core is clearly doing a shit job, segwit was rejected, and the 1mb block limit shouldn't exist in the first place. You should first question Core why they support the 1MB blocks instead of picking on something really unimportant, trying to move the conversation away from the real problem; 1mb blocks.

Rejected by who? A couple of chinese miners.

The rest are in with segwit:

The market has spoken. Segwit goes up = price goes up.

https://s12.postimg.org/4qtf02fij/segwitup2.png

Economic majority has spoken: All experts and relevant actors in the field are pro-segwit and anti-BU:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C8HwIp7VwAEGPBb.jpg

https://medium.com/@21/using-21-to-survey-blockchain-personalities-on-the-bitcoin-hard-fork-1953c9bcb8ed

Node majority has spoken: Segwit support overwhelms Buggy Unlimited.

https://s1.postimg.org/qc16wc7qn/nodes1.png

Not that I follow satoshi's word's as if he was Jesus Christ himself, but even he warned us about the dangers of BUcoin:

https://s12.postimg.org/4cazmc05p/satoshi_Bu.png

Unfortunately, the entire ecosystem keeps getting blocked by the chinese mining cartel.

Hopefully LTC shows the benefits of segwit and LN and I at least recover my lost BTC money thanks to it because blocking this in BTC has made me lose money and im sick of it.
felipehermanns

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 04:34:35 PM

Rejected by who? A couple of chinese miners.

The rest are in with segwit:

The market has spoken. Segwit goes up = price goes up.

https://s12.postimg.org/4qtf02fij/segwitup2.png

Economic majority has spoken: All experts and relevant actors in the field are pro-segwit and anti-BU:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C8HwIp7VwAEGPBb.jpg

https://medium.com/@21/using-21-to-survey-blockchain-personalities-on-the-bitcoin-hard-fork-1953c9bcb8ed

Node majority has spoken: Segwit support overwhelms Buggy Unlimited.

https://s1.postimg.org/qc16wc7qn/nodes1.png

Not that I follow satoshi's word's as if he was Jesus Christ himself, but even he warned us about the dangers of BUcoin:

https://s12.postimg.org/4cazmc05p/satoshi_Bu.png

Unfortunately, the entire ecosystem keeps getting blocked by the chinese mining cartel.

Hopefully LTC shows the benefits of segwit and LN and I at least recover my lost BTC money thanks to it because blocking this in BTC has made me lose money and im sick of it.

Its waste of time trying to explain these paid bug coin supporters..

Why you bug coin supporters don't go to china with the money you earning and eat some dog bbq,
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: