Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:03:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Who on earth valued feather coin so high  (Read 21608 times)
The Koolio (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

Minds are like parachutes they work best when open

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2013, 09:37:29 PM

I was just looking around to buy some and realised its almost valued at $0.025, who on earth valued this price? I dont care for answers like 'it should be a 1/4 of ltc'. Things dont work like that. LTC should be worth a 1/4 of BTC but its not. It seems a lot of you have got stuck in adopting alt currencies as soon as they come out to make a quick buck. I think anyone paying over 10ltc for 1000 fc is basically stupid

1. Litecoin 2. Bitcoin 3. Any of the Anon coins

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mr_random
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 09:41:59 PM

Price in free markets work by supply and demand. Economics 101.

No-one is forcing anyone to buy and sell these Feathercoins at a certain price.
thep33t

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 09:42:11 PM

It is valued by the market. Which is fickle.

Feathercoin Pool - http://feathercoin.is-a-geek.com - [PPLNS][0% Fees]
FTC: 6sf5CgurY5axcd2cwDHmiwdVMdAF9fw6pU       BTC: 1J74TaaKuNMoy25TP5vXKG2Jw8yg1sqyyQ       BTE: 8QZ2XiantPF8eWmzayo5WaXyYC8unBq5ZC     LTC: LatpwWc4GQyF2teKegZHiDGEGdNEKqEPTT
anderl

Activity: 714

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 09:42:27 PM

supply and demand.  who on earth valued BTC at 124 each?  Tongue  don't complain about it, instead capture the arbitrage.   Kiss
peacefulmind

Activity: 196

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 09:43:48 PM

I was just looking around to buy some and realised its almost valued at $0.025, who on earth valued this price? I dont care for answers like 'it should be a 1/4 of ltc'. Things dont work like that. LTC should be worth a 1/4 of BTC but its not. It seems a lot of you have got stuck in adopting alt currencies as soon as they come out to make a quick buck. I think anyone paying over 10ltc for 1000 fc is basically stupid

The current prices people are paying for FC are interesting if you understand the current network difficulty of LTC vs. FC and compare the utility of the two, as well as taking into consideration how many more FC will be in circulation in the coming months given that utility.

LTC is ~ 0.02 of 1.00 BTC on major exchanges - AND I can do a whole lot more with LTC than I can with FC.

Quote from: FrictionlessCoin
"I think you are to hung up on this notion about 'pre-mining' being a No-No."
- from journeys into the dark depths of the alt coin forum....
farlack
Legendary

Activity: 1311
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 09:43:55 PM

supply and demand.  who on earth valued BTC at 124 each?  Tongue  don't complain about it, instead capture the arbitrage.   Kiss

uh I think I read there is already 4 million coins made since launch 6 days ago, there is supply, with zero demand.
master-P

Activity: 868

https://keybase.io/masterp FREE Escrow Service

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2013, 09:44:57 PM

There were a few people buying 100,000+ feather coins each over the last few days so the sellers gradually raised their prices, till it reached about 40 LTC per 1k FC.

Master-P's Free Escrow Service | 1% Fee for Multi-Party/Sig Campaigns | I Sign ALL of my addresses using PGP Key: https://keybase.io/masterp Verify
Tipping Address: 14PUWBwK854GLenxSa7MAuxXQUXK4DKKi5 | E-mail: masterp.bitcointalk {at} gmail {dot} com (for when/if the forum's offline)
Guide on How to Sign a Message
Jason101

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 09:45:35 PM

100% the name. People like Feathers
The Koolio (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2013, 09:47:19 PM

The founders blatently premined loads, or had hardware to push it. Litecoin started at the very bottom even with exchanges. This currency just seems to want to follow where other coins trod... stupid noob buyers. Got nothing against the miners... but the buyers paying over 10ltc for 1000 fc are thick, and people trying to push it are too.

FACT IS YOU WOULDNT NEED TO PUSH IT SO DESPERATELY IF IT SERVED A PURPOSE.... WHICH IT DOES NOT!

farlack
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 09:47:46 PM

There were a few people buying 100,000+ feather coins each over the last few days so the sellers gradually raised their prices, till it reached about 40 LTC per 1k FC.

Just because 1-2 people bought a shit ton of FC doesn't mean that's what they're worth. If I had $1m and wanted to buy 1M FC that doesn't mean they're now worth $1 each.
mr_random
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 09:48:42 PM

There is enormous amount of miners contributing to the network and everytime you refresh the page on this forum you see feathercoin topics at the top... huge buzz now which has lasted for days.

uh I think I read there is already 4 million coins made since launch 6 days ago, there is supply, with zero demand.

There were 2 million PPCoins made on it's first day. PPCoin is now worth 25 cents.
thep33t

Activity: 126

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 09:49:22 PM

Just because 1-2 people bought a shit ton of FC doesn't mean that's what they're worth. If I had $1m and wanted to buy 1M FC that doesn't mean they're now worth $1 each.

But it does mean people will be slow to go down from that $1.

Feathercoin Pool - http://feathercoin.is-a-geek.com - [PPLNS][0% Fees]
FTC: 6sf5CgurY5axcd2cwDHmiwdVMdAF9fw6pU       BTC: 1J74TaaKuNMoy25TP5vXKG2Jw8yg1sqyyQ       BTE: 8QZ2XiantPF8eWmzayo5WaXyYC8unBq5ZC     LTC: LatpwWc4GQyF2teKegZHiDGEGdNEKqEPTT
farlack
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 09:50:10 PM

There is enormous amount of miners contributing to the network and everytime you refresh the page on this forum you see feathercoin topics at the top... huge buzz now which has lasted for days.

There were 2 million PPCoins made on it's first day. PPCoin is now worth 25 cents.

How old is ppcoin?
my point exactly.
mr_random
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 09:51:23 PM

The founders blatently premined loads, or had hardware to push it. Litecoin started at the very bottom even with exchanges. This currency just seems to want to follow where other coins trod... stupid noob buyers. Got nothing against the miners... but the buyers paying over 10ltc for 1000 fc are thick, and people trying to push it are too.

FACT IS YOU WOULDNT NEED TO PUSH IT SO DESPERATELY IF IT SERVED A PURPOSE.... WHICH IT DOES NOT!

You wanted to buy some when you thought they were dirt cheap (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=185265.0). Now you find out they are too expensive for you, you are crying they are worthless, throwing temper tantrum and use insulting language etc.

Btw people said the same thing about Terracoin which is basically a direct Bitcoin clone which almost died and it's still worth 60 cents. Feathercoin is here to stay.
master-P

Activity: 868

https://keybase.io/masterp FREE Escrow Service

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2013, 09:55:01 PM

I'm sure if you post an offer on here to buy 1M FC for $1 each, the price will rise above a dollar. They're only worth as much as people are willing to pay for them, and some people, are willing to pay 40 LTC for 1K FC.

Master-P's Free Escrow Service | 1% Fee for Multi-Party/Sig Campaigns | I Sign ALL of my addresses using PGP Key: https://keybase.io/masterp Verify
Tipping Address: 14PUWBwK854GLenxSa7MAuxXQUXK4DKKi5 | E-mail: masterp.bitcointalk {at} gmail {dot} com (for when/if the forum's offline)
Guide on How to Sign a Message
justabitoftime

Activity: 154

CoinTropolis

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 09:55:49 PM

I'm not quite sure caps serve any additional purpose, but I'll bite.  Let the market decide on the price, simple.

The Koolio (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2013, 09:56:01 PM

Listen you tit, if I could believe for one second your argument was structured and that you had no vested interest then I would listen, but fact is you sound like you have feather coin shoved so hard up your arse you can barely breathe without spitting them out. I did want to buy some, but id pay something like 10 ltc per 1000. Purely to gamble, not because I see a future in it.

As for your stupid TRC and PPC argument. What the fuck can you do with those coins apart from speculate? People are trying too hard to create another BTC that they fail to see all new alt currencies are purely speculative pump n dump machines. Dont tell me trc and ppc are worth x amount cause fact is they are pumped and dumped more times than a polish hooker.

You wanted to buy some when you thought they were dirt cheap (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=185265.0). Now you find out they are too expensive for you, you are crying they are worthless, throwing temper tantrum and use insulting language etc.

Btw people said the same thing about Terracoin which is basically a direct Bitcoin clone which almost died and it's still worth 60 cents. Feathercoin is here to stay.

peacefulmind

Activity: 196

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 09:56:19 PM

It is just a LTC copy with shiny marketing and a hardware push.  I will probably get flamed for telling the truth but a group here colluded - there is zero reason for it to exist on a serious exchange when we already have LTC, and LTC is divisible to whatever amount becomes needed.

LTC has genuine improvements/differences vs. BTC.

FC has shiny marketing and is spamming the forum to the point it is becoming USELESS for serious discussion.

It is a gambit to make money off of those who think they can be like the BTC millionaires.

Quote from: FrictionlessCoin
"I think you are to hung up on this notion about 'pre-mining' being a No-No."
- from journeys into the dark depths of the alt coin forum....
farlack
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 09:57:21 PM

I'm sure if you post on offer on here to buy 1M FC for $1 each, the price will rise above a dollar. They're only worth as much as people are willing to pay for them, and some people, are willing to pay 40 LTC for 1K FC.

The price would not rise above a dollar.
Radacoin

Activity: 255
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 09:59:33 PM

I think anyone paying over 10ltc for 1000 fc is basically stupid

"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers"
- Thomas J. Watson, CEO of IBM in 1943
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: