Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 01:26:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Who on earth valued feather coin so high  (Read 21608 times)
Radacoin

Activity: 255
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 10:21:21 PM

Why are The Koolio and farlack so angry?

It's a free market. No one forces them to buy, no one forces them to sell.
master-P

Activity: 868
Merit: 1001

https://keybase.io/masterp FREE Escrow Service

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2013, 10:25:14 PM

First it is 30ltc for 1000fc.
Moreover fc came out when people discover mining and Ltc or btc is not affordable price for a newcomer. So I guess fc will stay.
You say it is copy of Ltc but apple and Ms windows where copy of bull stuff is my memory is right.

The only reason its valued at any price like 30ltc-40ltc is because there isn't anyone selling them.

If you have 90 people selling them and 5 people buying them, they're not worth nearly what they are now.

If you have 90 people selling BTC and 5 people buying BTC, how much is BTC worth?

Master-P's Free Escrow Service | 1% Fee for Multi-Party/Sig Campaigns | I Sign ALL of my addresses using PGP Key: https://keybase.io/masterp Verify
Tipping Address: 14PUWBwK854GLenxSa7MAuxXQUXK4DKKi5 | E-mail: masterp.bitcointalk {at} gmail {dot} com (for when/if the forum's offline)
Guide on How to Sign a Message
The Koolio (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

Minds are like parachutes they work best when open

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2013, 10:28:36 PM

Ill explain why. Im actually getting fed up of tom dick and harry making new alt currencies just to make a quick buck. It makes crypto in general look bad. We need to focus on BTC and LTC. Fact is if noobs cant afford to get into these then they shudnt be wasting their time. By investing time and effort in fc all they are doing is gambling, and someone who has way more coins is going to be the one who prospers

1. Litecoin 2. Bitcoin 3. Any of the Anon coins
Barnacle_Ed

Activity: 271

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 10:32:05 PM

Ill explain why. Im actually getting fed up of tom dick and harry making new alt currencies just to make a quick buck. It makes crypto in general look bad.

And this is the motivation behind JokeCoin...if we're going to flood the world with copies of *coin, they might as well be mildly amusing copies.

On Feathercoin: I wouldn't be surprised if we saw an alarming drop in its price within the next month. Right now, it is the cryptocurrency-of-the-month, but there will be another one to take its place after the dump.

(Also: Dibs on the "Flavor-of-the-monthCoin" name)
txmasut

Activity: 280

Vantacor

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2013, 10:32:34 PM

Ill explain why. Im actually getting fed up of tom dick and harry making new alt currencies just to make a quick buck. It makes crypto in general look bad. We need to focus on BTC and LTC. Fact is if noobs cant afford to get into these then they shudnt be wasting their time. By investing time and effort in fc all they are doing is gambling, and someone who has way more coins is going to be the one who prospers

While I generally agree with you, LTC has been out for what seems forever and it's pretty much stagnant. Nothing has been happening and people are wanting to see some progress.  FC is showing people that community matters(not that I'm saying FC has a larger community or anything).  Honestly LTC has no do something to push itself more mainstream since at the moment it's been at about the same levels as last year. If LTC doesn't push itself harder then the community will find something else to push and FC could be that.  Free markets are great because they stimulate competition and that is how things get done.

Vantacor Mining Store
Amazon.com Mining Store
BTC-1488ZE5vUFxUbxNLdcQoaHQkx1qxYXPgNM LTC-Le9LVJKz5bu2prQicazidFmSDo3ucTSX81 Rep Thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=200743.msg2095050#msg2095050

Activity: 264

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 10:33:00 PM

Why are The Koolio and farlack so angry?

It's a free market. No one forces them to buy, no one forces them to sell.

Haters gonna hate....

Donatioins always welcome Wink
LTC: LL2UDTbQNx9UiP37ZzJ4CLQDWm6JPgZG8t
Radacoin

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 10:35:26 PM

We need to focus on BTC and LTC. Fact is if noobs cant afford to get into these then they shudnt be wasting their time. By investing time and effort in fc all they are doing is gambling, and someone who has way more coins is going to be the one who prospers

You mean like the ones on the Bitcoin Rich List? http://bitcoinreport.appspot.com/  Wink

Code:
Top 100 Bitcoin addresses by balance:
12RYJjGk22NiNbhTHffCrCso4XgVzet5Eh   447785.59485753
12WmWuSQCgpEkPQTZ4ABijQaz6TCV69ZpE   105258.88000000
1933phfhK3ZgFQNLGSDXvqCn32k2buXY8a    80000.10742356
1FeexV6bAHb8ybZjqQMjJrcCrHGW9sb6uF    79956.00100000
1PUR3qV3zKcGYXDhmT8o7ekCJP7hnSGzwj    55000.01000000
1LnyAwAn3QYQrte5eykMR29k6CkhTu4m4W    52863.60524842
1DEpjpftLbsGiCJvJDp2F2quVRnymV8U5Q    50000.00000000
peacefulmind

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 10:36:09 PM

While I generally agree with you, LTC has been out for what seems forever and it's pretty much stagnant. Nothing has been happening and people are wanting to see some progress.  FC is showing people that community matters(not that I'm saying FC has a larger community or anything).  Honestly LTC has no do something to push itself more mainstream since at the moment it's been at about the same levels as last year. If LTC doesn't push itself harder then the community will find something else to push and FC could be that.  Free markets are great because they stimulate competition and that is how things get done.

Oh my.

Quote from: FrictionlessCoin
"I think you are to hung up on this notion about 'pre-mining' being a No-No."
- from journeys into the dark depths of the alt coin forum....
The Koolio (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2013, 10:36:15 PM

Im sorry but ltc has not been around forever, just over a year. Its got to $2.70 in a timescale much quicker than BTC did. Also fact is a new coin shouldnt be created just because other coins are getting old. The user base of LTC is much stronger than any other alt coin.

another alt coin can succeed, if and only if it has benefits over previous coins... Feather Coin does not do this!

The Koolio (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2013, 10:38:07 PM

Ill buy 10k Flavor-of-the-monthCoin for 910239 LTC... its worth that much cause I said so lol!

Ill explain why. Im actually getting fed up of tom dick and harry making new alt currencies just to make a quick buck. It makes crypto in general look bad.

And this is the motivation behind JokeCoin...if we're going to flood the world with copies of *coin, they might as well be mildly amusing copies.

On Feathercoin: I wouldn't be surprised if we saw an alarming drop in its price within the next month. Right now, it is the cryptocurrency-of-the-month, but there will be another one to take its place after the dump.

(Also: Dibs on the "Flavor-of-the-monthCoin" name)

Radacoin

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 10:42:04 PM

another alt coin can succeed, if and only if it has benefits over previous coins...

So what's the benefit of the Argentine Peso over the Brazilian real?

[EDIT] You sound like God  Wink ... maybe go have a read at your own motto ("Minds are like parachutes they work best when open")
mr_random
Legendary

Activity: 1316

Instant cryptocurrency exchange with own reserves!

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 10:48:15 PM

So is Koolio going to remove his order for 5k FC @ 20LTC/1k from the Feathercoin Orderbook? https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Av3jjlvLSeOSdG5XYVhPLWE1RjBiUTFpYnZOMXlhNnc#gid=0

▄▄███████
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████▄██████████▄
▄██████████▄████████████▄
█████████████████████████
████████▄████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀████████▐████████████▀
▀██████▐████████████▀
▀██████████████▀
███████▀▀

INSTANT 
██████████████████████
████████▀░░░░▀████████
█████▀░▄█▀▀█▄░▀█████
██████░▄▀░░░░▀▄░██████
██████░█░░░░░░█░██████
██████▄░▀▄▄▄▄▀░▄██████
████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░▀████
███░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░███
██▌░▐█░░░░░░░░░░█▌░▐██
██░░░█░░░░▄▄░░░░█░░░██
███▄░█▌░░▀██▀░░▐█░▄███
██████▌░░░░░░░░▐██████
██████████████████████

NO KYC  OWN LIQUIDITY RESERVES  
 BTC 

ETH 

LTC 
 DOGE 

TRX  

BNB  
 TRC20 

ERC20 

BEP20 

SWAP NOW   
peacefulmind

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 10:49:46 PM

another alt coin can succeed, if and only if it has benefits over previous coins...

[EDIT] You sound like God  Wink ... maybe go have a read at your own motto ("Minds are like parachutes they work best when open")

I am sorry I looked in this thread at all.  All the best.

Something needs to be done about the complete forum hijack for FC marketing purposes imho.  It has become unusable and impossible to sort through the spam to get to serious topics.

Barnacle_Ed

Activity: 271

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 10:50:44 PM

Troll/10. Either that, or you have a very interesting definition of the word "stagnant". And missed the Atlantis announcement.

And Koolio: I'm afraid I can't part with that many FotMCoin for less than 13370069 BTC  Grin
master-P

Activity: 868

https://keybase.io/masterp FREE Escrow Service

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2013, 10:51:01 PM

So is Koolio going to remove his order for 5k FC @ 20LTC/1k from the Feathercoin Orderbook? https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Av3jjlvLSeOSdG5XYVhPLWE1RjBiUTFpYnZOMXlhNnc#gid=0

Maybe he is trying to crash the FC price so he can buy them up for cheap Tongue

Master-P's Free Escrow Service | 1% Fee for Multi-Party/Sig Campaigns | I Sign ALL of my addresses using PGP Key: https://keybase.io/masterp Verify
Tipping Address: 14PUWBwK854GLenxSa7MAuxXQUXK4DKKi5 | E-mail: masterp.bitcointalk {at} gmail {dot} com (for when/if the forum's offline)
Guide on How to Sign a Message
txmasut

Activity: 280

Vantacor

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2013, 10:51:59 PM

Something needs to be done about the complete forum hijack for FC marketing purposes imho.  It has become unusable and impossible to sort through the spam to get to serious topics.

This is the alternative cryptocurrencies forum.  Plus if we are at this point, why are we allowing Ripple to dominate 1/3 or so of the posts along with half of the other crypto's that are known scams with hundreds of thousands in pre-mines?

Vantacor Mining Store
Amazon.com Mining Store
BTC-1488ZE5vUFxUbxNLdcQoaHQkx1qxYXPgNM LTC-Le9LVJKz5bu2prQicazidFmSDo3ucTSX81 Rep Thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=200743.msg2095050#msg2095050
mr_random
Legendary

Activity: 1316

Instant cryptocurrency exchange with own reserves!

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 10:54:24 PM

This is the alternative cryptocurrencies forum.  Plus if we are at this point, why are we allowing Ripple to dominate 1/3 or so of the posts along with half of the other crypto's that are known scams with hundreds of thousands in pre-mines?

Exactly. This forum represents the readers and contributors. If that means a lot of Feathercoin hype at present so be it. People who are so against Feathercoin saying it has no future, well if that is the case given time Feathercoin topics will trickle to zero quickly  Wink I think Feathercoin is here to stay though, and checking the estimated difficulty just now it's gone up even further...

▄▄███████
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████▄██████████▄
▄██████████▄████████████▄
████████▄████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀████████▐████████████▀
▀██████▐████████████▀
▀██████████████▀
███████▀▀

INSTANT 
██████████████████████
████████▀░░░░▀████████
█████▀░▄█▀▀█▄░▀█████
██████░▄▀░░░░▀▄░██████
██████░█░░░░░░█░██████
██████▄░▀▄▄▄▄▀░▄██████
████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░▀████
███░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░███
██▌░▐█░░░░░░░░░░█▌░▐██
██░░░█░░░░▄▄░░░░█░░░██
███▄░█▌░░▀██▀░░▐█░▄███
██████▌░░░░░░░░▐██████
██████████████████████

NO KYC  OWN LIQUIDITY RESERVES  
 BTC 

ETH 

LTC 
 DOGE 

TRX  

BNB  
 TRC20 

ERC20 

BEP20 

SWAP NOW   
Ilocans

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 10:55:25 PM

Maybe but I am a noob that sold some FC and have now ltc that I could not have otherwise...

Let's color the MOON: YCu1UpCKcZuu9162NeDCtDFU2Vdiz3t23i

Donation Addresses:
Feathercoin: 6jyEsQGrVSySeNV1brb9JH1b1vPmeMYatF
LiteCoin: LgcJgVeFLiiuuhsC5rUw1cUwg15Nutds5X
Bitcoin:14sZqEb5Tu3w9qVUCDHJ38CzJ2CQS9EV7M
anderl

Activity: 714

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 11:11:24 PM

Man on earth can no more get rid of these demonic "heavens" than man can by airplane or rockets or other means get up above the air envelope which is about our earthly globe and in which man breathes.
Watchtower Bible and Tract Society, The Truth Shall Make You Free (1943), p. 285

A rocket will never be able to leave the Earth's atmosphere.
The New York Times, January 13, 1920. The Times offered a retraction on July 17, 1969, as Apollo 11 was on its way to the moon.

To place a man in a multi-stage rocket and project him into the controlling gravitational field of the moon where the passengers can make scientific observations, perhaps land alive, and then return to earth—all that constitutes a wild dream worthy of Jules Verne. I am bold enough to say that such a man-made voyage will never occur regardless of all future advances.
Lee De Forest, American radio pioneer and inventor of the vacuum tube, in 1957 De Forest Says Space Travel Is Impossible, Lewiston Morning Tribune via Associated Press, February 25, 1957

Television? The word is half Latin and half Greek. No good can come of it.
C. P. Scott, BBC History of television

What can be more palpably absurd than the prospect held out of locomotives traveling twice as fast as stagecoaches?
The Quarterly Review, March, 1825.

That the automobile has practically reached the limit of its development is suggested by the fact that during the past year no improvements of a radical nature have been introduced.
Scientific American, January 2, 1909.

Where a calculator like the ENIAC today is equipped with 18,000 vacuum tubes and weighs 30 tons, computers in the future may have only 1,000 vacuum tubes and perhaps weigh only 1½ tons.
Andrew Hamilton, "Brains that Click", Popular Mechanics 91 (3), March 1949, (pp. 162 et seq.) at p. 258. Notwithstanding that events have proceeded greatly since the prediction was fulfilled, this was a correct prediction in the short-term.

There's no chance that the iPhone is going to get any significant market share.
Steve Ballmer, USA Today, April 30, 2007.

There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home.
Ken Olson, president, chairman and founder of Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC), in a talk given to a 1977 World Future Society meeting in Boston. This is widely quoted but Olsen claims it is taken out of context, that he was not referring to personal computers but to a household computer that would control the home.
Reference: "Ken Olsen", Snopes, includes bibliography.

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Incorrect_predictions
peacefulmind

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 11:13:50 PM

[EDIT] You sound like God  Wink ... maybe go have a read at your own motto ("Minds are like parachutes they work best when open")

Exactly. This forum represents the readers and contributors. If that means a lot of Feathercoin hype at present so be it. People who are so against Feathercoin saying it has no future, well if that is the case given time Feathercoin topics will trickle to zero quickly  Wink I think Feathercoin is here to stay though, and checking the estimated difficulty just now it's gone up even further...

The clutter is being created by posts that belong in the Currency Exchange forum.

Perhaps people could act like adults and move their currency exchange threads here ---> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=53.0

And stop using them to try to create hype for the extremely illiquid Feathercoin price.

I own some FCs too - but would like to see discussion return to FPGAs, mining optimizations, new services, CUDA development, new currency development etc.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: