Bitcoin Forum
July 04, 2024, 07:16:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Who on earth valued feather coin so high  (Read 21609 times)
termhn

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 03:20:26 AM

In my limited time on the forum, I learned 1 universal truth. Most people rather whine about a coin rather than adding useful services to add overall value to their particular coin of choice. Here's the part where I smile and wish all of you the best.   

+1000
Seems like a lot of the "senior members" around here would rather just whine about new coins than do anything about it. OK so if FC is going to collapse let it. ALL press is GOOD press is the #1 rule in marketing... you're just giving it more press.
fcmatt
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 03:39:06 AM

In my limited time on the forum, I learned 1 universal truth. Most people rather whine about a coin rather than adding useful services to add overall value to their particular coin of choice. Here's the part where I smile and wish all of you the best.   

+1000
Seems like a lot of the "senior members" around here would rather just whine about new coins than do anything about it. OK so if FC is going to collapse let it. ALL press is GOOD press is the #1 rule in marketing... you're just giving it more press.

They are not whining. They are stating their opinion that a new coin popping up every few weeks with no significant change from the orig code base is more then likely created not due to the authors intelligent innovation but due to wanting to make a fast buck. For craps sake the author did not even bother change all litecoin references from the source before release! Tray icon for example was still litecoin. If a person cannot see the obvious or refuses to see the obvious there is not much anyone can do about it except post their opinion. Or whine if that is what you call it.
zdarkazn

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 04:04:21 AM

+1000

They are not whining. They are stating their opinion that a new coin popping up every few weeks with no significant change from the orig code base is more then likely created not due to the authors intelligent innovation but due to wanting to make a fast buck. For craps sake the author did not even bother change all litecoin references from the source before release! Tray icon for example was still litecoin. If a person cannot see the obvious or refuses to see the obvious there is not much anyone can do about it except post their opinion. Or whine if that is what you call it.

The tray icon in taskbar is NOT a litecoin right now. Unless I have some sort of newer qt which idk if I have or not.
psybits
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 04:13:13 AM

+1000

It is a work in progress and in beta like all crypto's. There is an FC icon in the client (I am pretty sure this was changed within hours of release). I think it is a testament to LTC to have an LTC fork see such widespread adoption so quickly (it is a compliment to LTC, not in competition with it). Bitcoin is exciting, and so are alt coins inspired by BTC. All crypto is the future and is paving the way for something different!
chriswen

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 04:16:13 AM

hmmm i'm still on the version with litecoin tray.  Should i be updating my client?
fcmatt
Legendary

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 04:17:46 AM

+1000

The tray icon in taskbar is NOT a litecoin right now. Unless I have some sort of newer qt which idk if I have or not.

They quickly changed the source when they realized the mistake. That is what happens when you put 15 minutes of thought into your
new alt coin and rush to change the source so you can release it with minimal work. How one can miss that before release just boggles
my mind. Or they spent a few hours, got their pals on board ready to mine on release, and see how it all plays out.

See here for another user stating this fact: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=178286.msg1858547#msg1858547

If this gets people excited to easily maybe I should create satancoin some evening and release it. sycrpt based, with 666 coins per block.
zdarkazn

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 04:19:01 AM

+1000

It is a work in progress and in beta like all crypto's. There is an FC icon in the client (I am pretty sure this was changed within hours of release). I think it is a testament to LTC to have an LTC fork see such widespread adoption so quickly (it is a compliment to LTC, not in competition with it). Bitcoin is exciting, and so are alt coins inspired by BTC. All crypto is the future and is paving the way for something different!

Well said, its just that some alt coins are just not well received due to bad things/media associated with it. That is why i dont touch some coins (:
fcmatt
Legendary

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 04:19:42 AM

hmmm i'm still on the version with litecoin tray.  Should i be updating my client?

heh. nah. all the changes were probably just cosmetic so the author does not look like a retard.
no skills to make real updates. waiting for litecoin devs to do that.
kooke

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Bitcoin super-duper-mega-ultra-hyper-node

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 04:27:33 AM

Don't worry

In a few weeks feathercoin will be joined by another dozen or so alt-coins. Then people will move to the next easy coin to mine and dump.

termhn

Activity: 126

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 05:12:30 AM

+1000

OK, even if they are stating their opinion it still stands that it is just giving it more press. I agree that alt-coins should bring something new to the table. I think the main reason FC became so popular was the timing. It came out just as the huge influx of miners hopped on after the bitcoin bubble. I think those people will be eager to hop on another, better altcoin when it comes out. My money is on MC2 Smiley
Nolo

Activity: 686

Whoa, there are a lot of cats in this wall.

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 05:15:08 AM

What valued feathercoin so high?

The market.   

Charlie Kelly: I'm pleading the 5th.  The Attorney: I would advise you do that.  Charlie Kelly: I'll take that advice under cooperation, alright? Now, let's say you and I go toe-to-toe on bird law and see who comes out the victor?  The Attorney: You know, I don't think I'm going to do anything close to that and I can clearly see you know nothing about the law.
19GpqFsNGP8jS941YYZZjmCSrHwvX3QjiC
ebildude123

Activity: 223

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 05:16:52 AM

Supply & demand.
hdclover

Activity: 1106
Merit: 501

www.bitcoin.org

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 05:34:31 AM

because of this thread i consider dropping my price.. check it here.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=184835.0

Blah blah
Transisto
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1731
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2013, 05:50:50 AM

Lets bribe http://cryptocur.com/ so it add FeatherCoin and write something glamorous about it.

Litecoin : SAME AS BITCOIN apart from : Uses a memory hard hashing algorithm called scrypt. AND 2.5 minute block rate.

PPCoin : Somewhat different than bitcoin : Unlike Bitcoin ppcoin does not require the use of energy to sustain the  network. Proof-of-work currently remains the most practical way of providing initial minting of a cryptocurrency so it was decided to keep it as part of the hybrid design. (Some complicated shit)

Terracoin : SAME AS BITCOIN apart from Huh ; maximum of 42 million coins offering 20 coins per block and Block generation every 2 minutes instead of 10 minutes.

Novacoin : SAME AS LITECOIN apart from Huh ; There have been claims that over 200.000 coins were premined by the developer. The developer has claimed that only 60.000 coins have been premined but apparently BTC-e admitted that they got 100.000 coins to accept this currency on their exchange.

Feather coin : SAME AS LITECOIN apart from Huh ;  block reward of 200, total of 336 million coins, Feather coins were not premined much BUT THEY WERE !

Feel free to fill the blanks with altcoin I've never heard about. (namecoin is not worth explaining)
inspiredinvestor

Activity: 658

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2013, 10:45:23 AM

100% the name. People like Feathers
[/quote]

agree with jason, I can't go past a good name, and "feather" is great it's like a silver eagle but lighter.  Smiley

███        WEBSITE      SLACK      ANN THREAD         ███
████     FACEBOOK      TWITTER      EXPLORER     ████

▬▬▬  JOIN OUR ICO   From March 1st, 2018  ▬▬▬
ironstove

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

Possibilities are limitless

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 11:02:36 AM

just curious where are people trading their feathercoins at?
r3animation

Activity: 756

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 11:03:54 AM

Lets bribe http://cryptocur.com/ so it add FeatherCoin and write something glamorous about it.

Litecoin : SAME AS BITCOIN apart from : Uses a memory hard hashing algorithm called scrypt. AND 2.5 minute block rate.

PPCoin : Somewhat different than bitcoin : Unlike Bitcoin ppcoin does not require the use of energy to sustain the  network. Proof-of-work currently remains the most practical way of providing initial minting of a cryptocurrency so it was decided to keep it as part of the hybrid design. (Some complicated shit)

Terracoin : SAME AS BITCOIN apart from Huh ; maximum of 42 million coins offering 20 coins per block and Block generation every 2 minutes instead of 10 minutes.

Novacoin : SAME AS LITECOIN apart from Huh ; There have been claims that over 200.000 coins were premined by the developer. The developer has claimed that only 60.000 coins have been premined but apparently BTC-e admitted that they got 100.000 coins to accept this currency on their exchange.

Feather coin : SAME AS LITECOIN apart from Huh ;  block reward of 200, total of 336 million coins, Feather coins were not premined much BUT THEY WERE !

Feel free to fill the blanks with altcoin I've never heard about. (namecoin is not worth explaining)

What makes you say they were pre-mined?
bushstar

Activity: 617
Merit: 531

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 11:24:35 AM

The founders blatently premined loads, or had hardware to push it. Litecoin started at the very bottom even with exchanges. This currency just seems to want to follow where other coins trod... stupid noob buyers. Got nothing against the miners... but the buyers paying over 10ltc for 1000 fc are thick, and people trying to push it are too.

FACT IS YOU WOULDNT NEED TO PUSH IT SO DESPERATELY IF IT SERVED A PURPOSE.... WHICH IT DOES NOT!

Hi Koolio, I am the developer. The take up of Feathercoin has surprised me, I put out a scrypt coin that I had been waiting for and it seems to have hit the spot. So many of the others missed the mark unfortunately. There is no premine of this coin, I did tell my other half but she does not really get it, and that's after years of talking about cryptocurrencies. The first anyone else knew of this coin was on the forum and within minutes hash power was being sent to this coin dwarfed my own. I have enough to keep an invested interest which is good for the coin. Coblee has not been seen much after he paid his share out to people after the pirate pass-through. The number of coins I have does not compare to others. I recently tried to buy 100k of Feathercoin for 10BTC but did not get one offer. The offer still stands.

As to who sets the price, the community does. That has always been the way with cryptocoins. We really need an exchange so that we can find a fair price for this coin.

A lot of the services that has come together already for this coin is due to the bounties that have been put up by several people. You can find the bounties thread below. I really like the community aspect that has come up around this coin, there is a lot of well skilled people working on this who do not hold a vast share of coins either but are still keen to get involved.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=181443.0

skull88

Activity: 683

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 01:58:44 PM

I put out a scrypt coin that I had been waiting for
You were really waiting for an almost exact copy of litecoin?  Cheesy

...or you thought, if I take litecoin, change a little bit the numbers and get enough suckers behind it, we gonna be rich  Tongue

BTC: 1MifMqtqqwMMAbb6zr8u6qEzWqq3CQeGUr
LTC: LhvMYEngkKS2B8FAcbnzHb2dvW8n9eHkdp
The Koolio (OP)

Activity: 560

Minds are like parachutes they work best when open

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2013, 02:01:07 PM

It's probably cause the price jumped to 30 LTC and OP was scared that he missed the boat.

Well if you dont know about my hold of litecoin then god knows where you've been the last year. Fact is Im all for Litecoin atm, and was initially interested in buying a few FC just to gamble with. The amount I was going to buy was seriously small, around 100ltc worth, which is why Ive changed my thinking now.

I agree with other posts about how this coin was developed to be a pump n dump machine. The developer, all I can say to you is kudos on doing something with your skills, but seriously you've created something that serves ABSOLUTELY NO PURPOSE. Litecoin at the very least was meant to handle small payments, so taking this into account answer me one thing:

WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF FEATHER COIN, AND DOES IT SERVE ANY PURPOSE ASIDE FROM BEING PURELY A SPECULATIVE PUMP N DUMP MACHINE?

1. Litecoin 2. Bitcoin 3. Any of the Anon coins
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: