Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:24:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Who on earth valued feather coin so high  (Read 21608 times)
bushstar

Activity: 617
Merit: 531

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 05:36:12 PM

It is impossible to have reasonably fair distribution with that approach. If blocks are supposed to be mined once in 2.5 minutes but they are mined every few
seconds for 12 hours then we are speaking about major coin grab by those who jumped on the train in those 12 hours. It makes no difference how many miners
grabbed millions of coins early - what matters is how little coins those who find out about the coin day after or week after are getting right now.

The high hash rate meant that there was no one miner being able to mint millions of coins for themselves. What we need is a rich list to get another view of coin distribution.

Coin distribution graph will solve what exactly? It will show the same as coin distribution graphs for all coins except Bitcoin are showing - people who started mining
early, while difficulty was low, made more coins than someone who would start mining right now will make in next few months or more. So much about "no premine".

What we need as a community are developers not putting their own interests on first 5 positions on their priority list. It seems all of them are already bussy with Bitcoin
so we are unfortunately left with profit greedy wannabe developers.

There was no mining before the coin was launched. Those who mined early have an extra incentive to put our services to support this coin. This is what has probably driven other coins forward and why we have seen such a vibrant community around this coin so quickly as these coins are still relatively easy to get hold of compared to Bitcoin and Litecoin. BBQCoin was a just-for-fun coin that was announced of time and all that happened is people took the time to prepare to trash it, which they did. There are arguments on all sides of launching a coin. I'm sorry you find this coin so disagreeable.

There were like 4 million produced the first day.

There was not. We need a coin distribution graph so we have some hard facts to work with. I will get on this again now that I have a VPS to host the daemon.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
perhan007

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 05:36:34 PM

It is impossible to have reasonably fair distribution with that approach. If blocks are supposed to be mined once in 2.5 minutes but they are mined every few
seconds for 12 hours then we are speaking about major coin grab by those who jumped on the train in those 12 hours. It makes no difference how many miners
grabbed millions of coins early - what matters is how little coins those who find out about the coin day after or week after are getting right now.

The high hash rate meant that there was no one miner being able to mint millions of coins for themselves. What we need is a rich list to get another view of coin distribution.

Coin distribution graph will solve what exactly? It will show the same as coin distribution graphs for all coins except Bitcoin are showing - people who started mining
early, while difficulty was low, made more coins than someone who would start mining right now will make in next few months or more. So much about "no premine".

What we need as a community are developers not putting their own interests on first 5 positions on their priority list. It seems all of them are already bussy with Bitcoin
so we are unfortunately left with profit greedy wannabe developers.

You could say exactly the same in a few month about the people who started to mine now... A popular coin will never be easier to mine in the future than now...
Nolo

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Whoa, there are a lot of cats in this wall.

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 05:48:02 PM

Belief = to not know. I am not a beliver, I either know something for sure or don't really give a damn about it.

We now have a winner for the most intellectually devoid statement ever made on bitcointalk.org. 

Must be sad not to have any curiosity about anything. 

I'm glad most of the human race doesn't share this sentiment.  We never would have advanced beyond living in caves. 

Charlie Kelly: I'm pleading the 5th.  The Attorney: I would advise you do that.  Charlie Kelly: I'll take that advice under cooperation, alright? Now, let's say you and I go toe-to-toe on bird law and see who comes out the victor?  The Attorney: You know, I don't think I'm going to do anything close to that and I can clearly see you know nothing about the law.
19GpqFsNGP8jS941YYZZjmCSrHwvX3QjiC
perhan007

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 05:49:18 PM

early, while difficulty was low, made more coins than someone who would start mining right now will make in next few months or more
. So much about "no premine".

This seems like what happened with mincoin. Extremely high rewards in first three days. I dont believe Feather had that.

Belief = to not know. I am not a beliver, I either know something for sure or don't really give a damn about it. In case of FC, I know there was major coin grab
early because there is FC blockchain explorer, and there are block times listed in table. Go check it yourself, starting with genesis block, it is quite an experience.

You could say exactly the same in a few month about the people who started to mine now... A popular coin will never be easier to mine in the future than now...

That is true unless coin is designed to adjust generation based on the popularity, which would be fair deal but it won't happen because wannabe developers don't
want fair deal, obviously.

I am one of the early adopter of feathercoin and I mined several ten thousands the first two days but than it went down quickly... I was mining with 4000 - 12000 kHash/s and actually I was pretty surprised that I could sell those to LTC for 14 - 30 / 1000 FC the next days... I mean for a short periode this was like 1000$ per hour for mining with a usual rigg. So I would say that nobody got rich because there have been so many invalid / orphan blocks at the beginning.
zdarkazn

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 05:50:04 PM

early, while difficulty was low, made more coins than someone who would start mining right now will make in next few months or more
. So much about "no premine".

This seems like what happened with mincoin. Extremely high rewards in first three days. I dont believe Feather had that.

Belief = to not know. I am not a beliver, I either know something for sure or don't really give a damn about it. In case of FC, I know there was major coin grab
early because there is FC blockchain explorer, and there are block times listed in table. Go check it yourself, starting with genesis block, it is quite an experience.

That is true unless coin is designed to adjust generation based on the popularity, which would be fair deal but it won't happen because wannabe developers don't
want fair deal, obviously.

Seriously, what is wrong with you? You have to sit here and pick apart what other people say?
skull88

Activity: 683

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 06:12:29 PM

I have no problem with anyone doing whatever it takes to put extra cash in their pockets.
If it's ok by you that I do whatever it takes to put some extra cash in my pockets, could you pm me your address and when it is most likely nobody is home?
And to buy some of your stuff back I have a sweat business deal for you, you pay me 100btc and I'll give you 1000 back, you only need to find 10 other people who do the same.  Cool

trading and mining in values less than one stops being fun.
Go to preferences - display and set "Unit to display:" in µ
Your instant rich.  Grin

Really guys, your not even trying to come up with good arguments, things like:
- It's more fun to see big numbers
- It has four time more coins than Litecoin, that should make us the copper to btc, right?
- It's easier to mine
- As long as I make some money who cares
- There is a gap under Litecoin, maybe you don't see it, but I see it

Are all not arguments for a sane person to adopt this currency, I hope there still comes someone with a better argument, else you better start thinking of making a comedy show, you only need to put in all the arguments why Feathercoin is great and you got an instant "comedy show of the year".

I didn't know I had to impress you. I'm sure you're a nice guy and all, but not really that important in my life. I'm amazed at the number of people that spend so much time against something rather than for their own passion.  Look, I'll leave it to the messageboard to keep with the 'noob, idiot, comedy' type comments. Enjoy that life. Smiley For the rest of the sane crypto population, we'll continue to work on services for the coins WE enjoy.

If you don't like a specific coin, don't use it. 
You don't have to impress me, but if you don't want to see the following scenario: pump - dump -death
Than you better convince some people, and that won't be with the arguments I see here.

I don't hate your favorite coin, I'm not against alt coins, else I wouldn't have bought Litecoins and PPcoins right away. The others I don't have, and that has a reason. But I accept anything, if you need something and I can offer it I'll accept your Feathercoins, I just won't hold them for long because I don't have confidence in it at this moment.
The only people I see that have confidence in the coin are people that heard a month ago from cryptocurrencies and now adopt the first one that has some hype around it in the hope it goes up. This hasn't worked in the past and I can't believe it will work in the future, some will have earned from it, most will have waisted time and money.

I'm not important and I'm not starting a war against Feathercoin, I just give my opinion like the people that are pro-feathercoin give theirs, and sorry but the arguments I listed are arguments really used by them, and they will have the total opposite effect their trying to accomplish with them.

BTC: 1MifMqtqqwMMAbb6zr8u6qEzWqq3CQeGUr
LTC: LhvMYEngkKS2B8FAcbnzHb2dvW8n9eHkdp
skull88

Activity: 683

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 06:30:39 PM

I mined several ten thousands the first two days but than it went down quickly
30 ltc for 1000fc that where a day earlier mined at ten thousands at a time. Cheesy

BTC: 1MifMqtqqwMMAbb6zr8u6qEzWqq3CQeGUr
LTC: LhvMYEngkKS2B8FAcbnzHb2dvW8n9eHkdp
Radacoin

Activity: 255

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 07:18:04 PM

30 ltc for 1000fc that where a day earlier mined at ten thousands at a time. Cheesy

I'll pay 10,000 bitcoins for a couple of pizzas.. like maybe 2 large ones so I have some left over for the next day.  I like having left over pizza to nibble on later.  You can make the pizza yourself and bring it to my house or order it for me from a delivery place, but what I'm aiming for is getting food delivered in exchange for bitcoins where I don't have to order or prepare it myself, kind of like ordering a 'breakfast platter' at a hotel or something, they just bring you something to eat and you're happy!

I like things like onions, peppers, sausage, mushrooms, tomatoes, pepperoni, etc.. just standard stuff no weird fish topping or anything like that.  I also like regular cheese pizzas which may be cheaper to prepare or otherwise acquire.

If you're interested please let me know and we can work out a deal.

Thanks,
Laszlo

perhan007

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 07:24:00 PM

I'll pay 10,000 bitcoins for a couple of pizzas.. like maybe 2 large ones so I have some left over for the next day.  I like having left over pizza to nibble on later.  You can make the pizza yourself and bring it to my house or order it for me from a delivery place, but what I'm aiming for is getting food delivered in exchange for bitcoins where I don't have to order or prepare it myself, kind of like ordering a 'breakfast platter' at a hotel or something, they just bring you something to eat and you're happy!

I like things like onions, peppers, sausage, mushrooms, tomatoes, pepperoni, etc.. just standard stuff no weird fish topping or anything like that.  I also like regular cheese pizzas which may be cheaper to prepare or otherwise acquire.

If you're interested please let me know and we can work out a deal.

Thanks,
Laszlo

The difference is that Laszlo couldn't imagine that a bitcoin could be worth 100+ $ 2.5 years later but now people can and they think, "lets buy around 10.000 of xy, hort it and see what happens in a few month" and they are ready to throw a few hundred $$ into.
Radacoin

Activity: 255

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 07:40:34 PM

The difference is that Laszlo couldn't imagine that a bitcoin could be worth 100+ $ 2.5 years later but now people can and they think, "lets buy around 10.000 of xy, hort it and see what happens in a few month" and they are ready to throw a few hundred $$ into.

The difference is that perhan007 couldn't imagine that a Feathercoin could be worth 100+ $ 2.5 years later but now people can ....  Wink

I don't get the purpose of this thread: If you don't like Feathercoin, stay away from them.

No one forces you to buy Feathercoin, no one forces you to sell Feathercoin.
BrewCrewFan

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 07:51:08 PM

The difference is that perhan007 couldn't imagine that a Feathercoin could be worth 100+ $ 2.5 years later but now people can ....  Wink

I don't get the purpose of this thread: If you don't like Feathercoin, stay away from them.

Exactly. I just chalk it up to people who dont like it just being invested elsewhere are are worried that a new coin or 2 taking off and hurting the investment.

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!.
SqMe5ceYfdcGsRyVpgvpYb6bRLS9j8omvB

XChat : Addy : XYuZESQpeMtZ2wit8nVVnXKGytfiaTBCo6 PubKey : eteshLzeq8Bh54BRjGSunMTc6Ytxtk7HYaSmDYMQn61z
zdarkazn

Activity: 42

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 07:55:55 PM

Grin
perhan007

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 07:59:24 PM

nice one indeed!
master-P

Activity: 868
Merit: 1001

https://keybase.io/masterp FREE Escrow Service

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2013, 08:25:27 PM

Feathercoin reaching $100+ in 2.5 years?

You have quite the imagination, my friend Wink

Master-P's Free Escrow Service | 1% Fee for Multi-Party/Sig Campaigns | I Sign ALL of my addresses using PGP Key: https://keybase.io/masterp Verify
Tipping Address: 14PUWBwK854GLenxSa7MAuxXQUXK4DKKi5 | E-mail: masterp.bitcointalk {at} gmail {dot} com (for when/if the forum's offline)
Guide on How to Sign a Message
BrewCrewFan

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 08:27:25 PM

With the way the hard Euro and USD and such are going? I do not think that is out of the realm of possibility.

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!.
SqMe5ceYfdcGsRyVpgvpYb6bRLS9j8omvB

XChat : Addy : XYuZESQpeMtZ2wit8nVVnXKGytfiaTBCo6 PubKey : eteshLzeq8Bh54BRjGSunMTc6Ytxtk7HYaSmDYMQn61z
master-P

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2013, 08:36:32 PM

What about the other 200+ alt-coins that will be around by then? Will they also be worth $100+ Grin

Master-P's Free Escrow Service | 1% Fee for Multi-Party/Sig Campaigns | I Sign ALL of my addresses using PGP Key: https://keybase.io/masterp Verify
Tipping Address: 14PUWBwK854GLenxSa7MAuxXQUXK4DKKi5 | E-mail: masterp.bitcointalk {at} gmail {dot} com (for when/if the forum's offline)
justabitoftime

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

CoinTropolis

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 09:07:13 PM

As do you P, as do you.

Joerii
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2013, 10:11:10 PM

Heck I don't value Feathercoins high. I'm.... *cough * practically giving them away, for only 18 LTC per 1000 FC ! Pm me right now if your interested !   wow that was shameless  Kiss

Hypercube - get the attention you deserve
Dharmadog

Activity: 35

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 04:45:23 PM

I have some Feather Coin that I would be willing to trade off for LTC or BTC or NMC or . . .   Contact me and we could discuss it.
master-P

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2013, 09:21:33 PM

As do you P, as do you.

I imagine BIG FOOT will be discovered before feather con, I mean *coin Grin, reaches $100 Tongue

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: