Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:20:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Well, well, well, now we know what Jihan Wu’s been up to.  (Read 19955 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
kiklo
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 08:14:41 AM

ASICBOOST is a bullshit shortcut to make Jihan Wu more money at the expense of the network.

To keep using it will prevent useful upgrades to the protocol.

One man's greed should not be able to stand in the way of progress.

By one man's greed , you are referring to G.Maxwell lying to push segwit , so blockstream will pay him big money.  Wink

Segwit is not progress, it is just being enslaved by the same Banking Cartels that control the Fiat banks.

Did we not all join BTC to cut those bastards out of our lives?

Otherwise just use one of their banks, and stay their slave.

Cool

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4465

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 08:19:35 AM

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/63otrp/gregory_maxwell_major_asic_manufacturer_is/dfwcki3/
I think that it is an attack is a completely unambiguous technical description of what it is. If a signature is supposed to resist forgery against 2128 operations, but you find a way to do it with 280 instead, this is an attack.

so libsecp256k1 "efficiency gain" is also an attack because it improved efficiency by 5x
so segwit quadratic/linear 'fix' is an attack because it improved efficiency
so when something developed by blockstream is used to get more efficient, its ok. but not blockstream=attack
. hmmm i see..

might be easier for blockstreams partners to become more efficient instead of spitting out the dummy because they are not as efficient.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
andyatcrux
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 09:05:20 AM

New article (cointelegraph reporting does kinda suck these days but it is interesting)

https://cointelegraph.com/news/asicboost-exploit-claims-put-bitmain-in-hot-water

Jihan Wu deleted two tweets, which is very odd. I even saw one on my feed before he removed it. What possible reason would he have for doing this? Call me out on a limb, but people may conclude that his lawyer advised him to do so. Not saying this is incriminating, you can decide on that.
XbladeX
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 09:15:29 AM

Nice popcorn now...
Fucking losers they mine empty blocks to exploit and get higher income.
Same time they damage all BTC price becouse they want be one cow in City.
They want bigger blocks and mine empty to use exploit what a dual position.
Now at least i know why they mine empty blocks.

Such exploit just damage network and proves that miners don't care about BTC but just profit even they will damage BTC they will go for it

Request / 26th September / 2022 APP-06-22-4587
_nur

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 09:19:24 AM

Re: Well, well, well, now we know what Jihan Wu’s been up to.

Apparently, Jihan Wu has been covertly using some patented exploit called asicboost to gain 20%+ efficiency on his hardware that’s incompatible with SegWit. It all makes sense now. Hope he gets his ass sued off.

Shills care to chime in?

https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/pipermail/bitcoin-dev/2017-April/013996.html

Yup. Now everything is clear and now we know why everyone must buy LTC.

FUD.  Asicboost been known about for a long time and Bitmain holds the patent in China.

https://www.asicboost.com/patent

All ASIC manufacturing will be in China.

Sorry Bitcoin will never get SegWit nor LN, because Bitmain will block it on Bitcoin. And the whales of Bitcoin will always block larger blocks for the reasons I have explained else where.

But Bitmain is unable to block SegWit on Litecoin, even though they tried to.

Now we know why the other ASIC manufacturers are not against SegWit. They don't want to pay patent fees. Perhaps Baron Wu offered some deals to some others to get them to join his efforts.

buy LTC? what value does LTC bring to the industry?

atleast tezos solves the hardfork problem
classicsucks

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 09:30:39 AM

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/63otrp/gregory_maxwell_major_asic_manufacturer_is/dfwcki3/
I think that it is an attack is a completely unambiguous technical description of what it is. If a signature is supposed to resist forgery against 2128 operations, but you find a way to do it with 280 instead, this is an attack.

so libsecp256k1 "efficiency gain" is also an attack because it improved efficiency by 5x
so segwit quadratic/linear 'fix' is an attack because it improved efficiency
so when something developed by blockstream is used to get more efficient, its ok. but not blockstream=attack
. hmmm i see..

might be easier for blockstreams partners to become more efficient instead of spitting out the dummy because they are not as efficient.

+1 franky again

What is this garbage about ASICBOOST being an exploit? First off, the technique was patented by 2 Core devs in 2016. Second, it's simply a way to hash more efficiently.  If it really does break Segwit, well then fix Segwit, or trash it!

The crap about Bitmain breaking patent law - well maybe Gmaxwell broke the law when he reversed the ASIC?
XbladeX
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 09:37:34 AM

buy LTC? what value does LTC bring to the industry?

atleast tezos solves the hardfork problem

LTC will have solutions that are needed in in BTC while BTC will stagnate with bugs becouse those bugs are needed for miners - btmain to be on TOP.
Only UASF will move BTC into progress or Etherum

When ethereum miners will get more $$$ than BTC they will see problem - now ETH get 80% of BTC.
When they start earning less than ETH miners then they will maybe change mind about segwit.

In games when people cheat or you cheat as they or or play another cheater protected game.
95% people choose cheater free games. So GG to BTC soon if they don't change stuff.

What is this garbage about ASICBOOST being an exploit?***

If that exploit produce empty blocks that means this is bad for overloaded network and should be fixed.

PS: free market will find solution for that that is ETHereum miners win ^^ just give it a time.

aarturka

Activity: 277

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 09:54:43 AM

Eth is crap. Vitalik fully controls it, it's not decentralized, it's not limited and it's been pre mined.
aarturka

Activity: 277

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 10:00:40 AM

What is this garbage about ASICBOOST being an exploit? First off, the technique was patented by 2 Core devs in 2016. Second, it's simply a way to hash more efficiently.  If it really does break Segwit, well then fix Segwit, or trash it!

The crap about Bitmain breaking patent law - well maybe Gmaxwell broke the law when he reversed the ASIC?
I don't give a fuck if Wu loses all his business and money, if it's needed for Bitcoin to thrive. One greedy chinese blocks development of so important technology that can change the world, that's no good.   Sad
andyatcrux
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 10:08:35 AM

What is this garbage about ASICBOOST being an exploit? First off, the technique was patented by 2 Core devs in 2016. Second, it's simply a way to hash more efficiently.  If it really does break Segwit, well then fix Segwit, or trash it!

I don't give a fuck if Wu loses all his business and money, if it's needed for Bitcon to thrive. One greedy chinese blocks development of so important technology that can change the world, that's no good.   Sad

The problem that most are having is not necessarily the use of AsicBoost, but the covert use of it while supporting improvements that are only compatible with said AsicBoost.

Mr. Szabo chimes in:

"Secret mining advantage is expected. The problem is incentive to oppose incompatible upgrades for secret reasons."

https://twitter.com/NickSzabo4/status/849800229696045058

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/63otrp/gregory_maxwell_major_asic_manufacturer_is/dfw1ewe/?context=3
XbladeX
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 10:29:00 AM

I can agree abut that centralization stuff but here we have Bitcmain one company that holds BTC for profits holds development of bitcoin and you can do shit about it.
You can just vote with wallet and move to ETH or LTC over time.
When ETH miners will get 2x more income than BTC Bitmain will get on position when realize that they screwed and new money are going into ETH instead of BTC because of…
This is great example where centralization leads.
People will lose faith in BTC and you see that in
 http://coinmarketcap.com/charts/#btc-percentage

Don’t you see that ONE single company ONE CEO have keys to BTC price – he have such impact like PBoC …
So with Bitcoin we have Bitmain CEO with ETH we have Vitalik.
I believe that Vitalik is much smarter than miners.
Investors have parrarel interest with Vitalik than miners.
New investor will support Vitalik than BTC controlled  Bitmain at end or maybe we will blow up bitmain with UASF.

sportis

Activity: 406
Merit: 252

Veni, Vidi, Vici

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 10:59:25 AM

Apparently, Jihan Wu has been covertly using some patented exploit called asicboost to gain 20%+ efficiency on his hardware that’s incompatible with SegWit. It all makes sense now. Hope he gets his ass sued off.

Shills care to chime in?

https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/pipermail/bitcoin-dev/2017-April/013996.html

Really I'm not surprised. The first (Jihan Wu) it is sure that he wants to promote this very new asic hardware. The second one is an entrepreneur and no impression will not for me if he is trying to increase his property, because of the turmoil created by a potential hardfork. Probably he has invested in some altcoins and wants to increase their price keeping the bitcoin price in low level. The truth is that they do not give a penny about the acceptance or development bitcoin.
XbladeX
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 11:10:24 AM

***The truth is that they do not give a penny about the acceptance or development bitcoin.

That is why would be smart to do UASF and kicks his balls.

iamnotback

Activity: 336
Merit: 265

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 11:20:09 AM

Clearly most people here are not happy with Satoshi's PoW system for one reason or another.  Wink

Now you want to judge people based on their politics, their competitive strategies, or what ever, because PoW didn't satisfy your opinion of what is fair or helpful or best for mankind or Bitcoin what ever agenda each person has. As if we are all going to agree on politics.  Roll Eyes

Let's get out the pitchforks and get it over with. Splattering blood all over the place and let the coach roaches feast on our corpses.
K128kevin2

Activity: 322

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 11:54:55 AM

Hope he gets his ass sued off.
I hate Jihan as much as you, but under what grounds can you sue him? That sounds a bit absurd.
dinofelis

Activity: 770
Merit: 629

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 12:00:39 PM

Clearly most people here are not happy with Satoshi's PoW system for one reason or another.  Wink

Now you want to judge people based on their politics, their competitive strategies, or what ever, because PoW didn't satisfy your opinion of what is fair or helpful or best for mankind or Bitcoin what ever agenda each person has. As if we are all going to agree on politics.  Roll Eyes

Let's get out the pitchforks and get it over with. Splattering blood all over the place and let the coach roaches feast on our corpses.

Love it !  Grin
XbladeX
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 12:01:56 PM

Fuck politics man. I would not care about that exploit if it would not charm BTC but it cause that Bitmain 0 size blocks to be mine.
Same time they shit on core traffic jam Cheesy -
And same time those fuckers “fight” for bigger blocks... this is so hilarious.
When ONE single company can do such harm that is meaning BTC IS NO LONGER DECENTRALIZED
In decentralized system u cut off corrupted branch and move forward.
Here Asics company blocks whole development for using patented exploit, you will cut off that caner or let him consume you.
Bitcoin is not bitmain we should cut of that shit and use UASF with 51% POW Cheesy and show middle finger to him till we can.

If now LTC+ETH POW will make more money than BTC i wont suprise

andyatcrux
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 12:25:46 PM

Roger Ver has been silent on this so far, I think. Or does anyone know if he responded to the news?
ebliever
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1035

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 12:35:18 PM

Roger Ver has been silent on this so far, I think. Or does anyone know if he responded to the news?

Probably has lawyers advising him at this point, and isn't their advice generally "Shut up"?

Let's say that somehow Jihan Wu has legal rights to this patent or corrupt Chinese courts allow him to get away with this. Does that mean everything is fine and dandy?

It leaves Wu in a position to monopolize bitcoin mining. He's been screwing not only the competition but also his own customers insofar as he hasn't shared his little trick while he runs everybody else into the ground. And mining empty blocks while goading followers (who are still in full evidence on this forum) to shriek about high fees. Bloody hypocrisy.

And then there have been all the BU posts on r/btc etc. about Core retarding progress, when it is now absolutely clear that Wu and Ver have been fighting progress (SW and LN) for all they are worth because it breaks their little monopoly scheme.

Luke 12:15-21

Ephesians 2:8-9
dinofelis

Activity: 770
Merit: 629

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 12:45:57 PM

Probably has lawyers advising him at this point, and isn't their advice generally "Shut up"?

Let's say that somehow Jihan Wu has legal rights to this patent or corrupt Chinese courts allow him to get away with this. Does that mean everything is fine and dandy?

It leaves Wu in a position to monopolize bitcoin mining. He's been screwing not only the competition but also his own customers insofar as he hasn't shared his little trick while he runs everybody else into the ground. And mining empty blocks while goading followers (who are still in full evidence on this forum) to shriek about high fees. Bloody hypocrisy.

And then there have been all the BU posts on r/btc etc. about Core retarding progress, when it is now absolutely clear that Wu and Ver have been fighting progress (SW and LN) for all they are worth because it breaks their little monopoly scheme.

People are visibly still not coming to terms to the meaning of "trustlessness" in crypto  Grin
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: