Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 10:12:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: RadixDLT (formerly eMunie) Discussion  (Read 23447 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Fuserleer
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2017, 12:53:34 AM

It's better than eMunie  Smiley  Does Dan plan to hold an official Radix ICO? Man this shit has been a long time in the making.
I think there is an ICO coming but they seem to be talking a lot about how you can just buy it on the main net anyways since their supply and demand system will sell you tokens at a reasonable price if there's demand.  Which is nice I guess except it will limit the possibilities for appreciation if they're really aggressive about it.  I remember years ago they were going to limit how much the algorithm could adjust supply but not sure how it's going to be now.

Yes June 2017 is the target month for the ICO, an [ANN] post will be made by Fuserleer.

The appreciation will be limited by the elastic demand/supply, thus the price stability is a main feature.  No pumps/dumps of the Radix token within the client nodes will occur, as one of the features of the Radix network is price stability.  Fuserleer ran his economic model against the entire bitcoin blockchain transactions up to Jan. 15, 2015, with a price pegged at $0.10 and as I remember, the highest fluctuation was about ~+/- 6%.  This was posted by Fuserleer in one of the eMunie threads here of this forum.  

Bottom line is it is possible to have a stable cryptocurrency using the Radix model, and with the direct Debit card, point of sale functionality these imho are the two features that will drive Mass market adoption by the general public.

okie

I don't know how this price stability feature works, but my first thoughts are the exact opposite of yours. I think this is a fatal design error. Having a price stability feature, i suppose, makes the radixtokens stable against a fiat currency like the euro.

So in this way radixtokens mimick the price volatility of a fiat currency. Which is in my opinion contrary to the spirit of cryptocurrencies.

Radixtokens will not be used as a unit of account. So it is missing one of the main features a 'money'  needs.

So instead a cup of coffee stays 2 radixtokens a cup of coffee will become 3 radixtokens, because the inflation in the fiat currency is mimicked.

So importing the decreasing purchasing power of fiat currencies into radixtokens is in my opinion a huge mistake.

I am curious what others think.

Cheers.

That's not how it works.

Without getting into a long post a 2AM, the tokens are not stable against fiat, or pegged or anything like that.  Radix tokens are stable relative to themselves, NOT foreign currency value.

In your example where a coffee costs 2 tokens, lets also assume that $1 USD = 1 RAD.  Now if the value of the USD crashed (printed too much), then you'd get more USD for your tokens, but the price of coffee in tokens would still be 2.

The price of the coffee is always 2 in Radix tokens, regardless of what USD, GBD, EUR or any other fake currency is doing.

Interestingly pump and dumps work in the opposite direction.  If you want to "pump" the price of Radix tokens against USD, you have to crash the USD.  If you want to "dump" the price of Radix tokens against the USD, you have to pump the USD.

The Radix price in GBP though would stay the same of course, unless you pumped/dumped GBP too.

titan20

Activity: 427
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 11:14:16 AM

It's better than eMunie  Smiley  Does Dan plan to hold an official Radix ICO? Man this shit has been a long time in the making.
I think there is an ICO coming but they seem to be talking a lot about how you can just buy it on the main net anyways since their supply and demand system will sell you tokens at a reasonable price if there's demand.  Which is nice I guess except it will limit the possibilities for appreciation if they're really aggressive about it.  I remember years ago they were going to limit how much the algorithm could adjust supply but not sure how it's going to be now.

Yes June 2017 is the target month for the ICO, an [ANN] post will be made by Fuserleer.

The appreciation will be limited by the elastic demand/supply, thus the price stability is a main feature.  No pumps/dumps of the Radix token within the client nodes will occur, as one of the features of the Radix network is price stability.  Fuserleer ran his economic model against the entire bitcoin blockchain transactions up to Jan. 15, 2015, with a price pegged at $0.10 and as I remember, the highest fluctuation was about ~+/- 6%.  This was posted by Fuserleer in one of the eMunie threads here of this forum.  

Bottom line is it is possible to have a stable cryptocurrency using the Radix model, and with the direct Debit card, point of sale functionality these imho are the two features that will drive Mass market adoption by the general public.

okie

I don't know how this price stability feature works, but my first thoughts are the exact opposite of yours. I think this is a fatal design error. Having a price stability feature, i suppose, makes the radixtokens stable against a fiat currency like the euro.

So in this way radixtokens mimick the price volatility of a fiat currency. Which is in my opinion contrary to the spirit of cryptocurrencies.

Radixtokens will not be used as a unit of account. So it is missing one of the main features a 'money'  needs.

So instead a cup of coffee stays 2 radixtokens a cup of coffee will become 3 radixtokens, because the inflation in the fiat currency is mimicked.

So importing the decreasing purchasing power of fiat currencies into radixtokens is in my opinion a huge mistake.

I am curious what others think.

Cheers.

That's not how it works.

Without getting into a long post a 2AM, the tokens are not stable against fiat, or pegged or anything like that.  Radix tokens are stable relative to themselves, NOT foreign currency value.

In your example where a coffee costs 2 tokens, lets also assume that $1 USD = 1 RAD.  Now if the value of the USD crashed (printed too much), then you'd get more USD for your tokens, but the price of coffee in tokens would still be 2.

The price of the coffee is always 2 in Radix tokens, regardless of what USD, GBD, EUR or any other fake currency is doing.

Interestingly pump and dumps work in the opposite direction.  If you want to "pump" the price of Radix tokens against USD, you have to crash the USD.  If you want to "dump" the price of Radix tokens against the USD, you have to pump the USD.

The Radix price in GBP though would stay the same of course, unless you pumped/dumped GBP too.

I am not sure i understand.
if more US Dollars are printed 1 RAD becomes more worth in US dollar terms. So if the initial exchange is 1 USD = 1 RAD it could become 1,25 USD = 1 RAD.

But if someone pumps RAD it does not become more worth in US dollars. So 1 USD stays 1 RAD.

So how does the system recognize if it is a pump of RAD or a crash of the USD? This sounds really revolutionary!!

Cheers!

AUTO COIN

▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀                       ▀█▄
▄▄▄▄ ▄█                           █▄ ▄▄▄▄
█   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   █
▀▀█▀                                 ▀█▀▀
▄▀                                     ▀▄
▄▄▀▄▄▄▄                                 ▄▄▄▄▀▄▄
█       ▀▀▄                           ▄▀▀       █
█          █                         █          █
█▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀█
▒▀▄       ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██       ▄▀▒
▒█▀▀▀▀▄▄  █              ▀              █  ▄▄▀▀▀▀█▒
▒█      █ ▀▄                           ▄▀ █      █▒
▒▀▄▀▄▄▄▄▀  █▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀█  ▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▒
▒▒▒▀▄▄▄▄▄ █                             █ ▄▄▄▄▄▀▒▒▒
 ▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
      Stand-Alone Solutions Set to Revolutionize the Automotive Sector     
WEBSITEWHITEPAPERTWITTERTELEGRAMFACEBOOKYOUTUBEINSTAGRAM
realistic1

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 02:37:03 PM

Surely if a coin is stable then as demand increases then more must be minted, made whatever. Seems against the whole point of crypto of hard capped limited supply like real money is susposedly to be.
John Titor

Activity: 129

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 03:04:41 PM

Looking forward to the tech, but once again this team settles on a terrible name!  Yeah it sounds like dish soap.  Fuserleer, you should hire a marketer to help you with branding, because where I am sitting it appears to be your greatest weakness.

The brand can carry you a long way, don't shoot yourself in the foot before you even start the race.
ciappa

Activity: 840
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 05:52:42 PM

Right, the name is really terrible... Emunie was the better one (a little)
But i believe in fuserleer and his skills, RDX would be a big player in crpyto

███
  ███

█████
█▀▄  █
█    ▀█
█▀▄  █
█    ▀█
█▀▄  █
█████

███
  ███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██ ▀███▀  ▀█
██        ▀█
██▄       ██
█▀█▄     ███
██▄▄▄▄▄█████

██████▀▀▀███
█████  ▄▄███
████    ████
█████  █████
█████▄▄█████
Whitepaper
Announcement
Bounty
  ███
  ███

█████
█▀▄  █
█    ▀█
█▀▄  █
█    ▀█
█▀▄  █
█████

███
  ███
  ███
  ███

█████
█▀▄  █
█    ▀█
█▀▄  █
█    ▀█
█▀▄  █
█████

███
  ███

▄▄
                  ▄▄████
              ▄▄████████
          ▄▄███████▀████
      ▄▄█████████▀ █████
  ▄▄███████████▀ ▄██████
█████████████▀  ████████
   ▀▀██████▀  ▄█████████
       ▀▀▀  ▄███████████
           ▄████████████
           █████████████
           ████▀  ▀▀████
           ██▀       ▀██
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 06:34:04 PM

all the names are freaking terrible. he should spend a little on a marketing opinion. even a twitter poll would  be better.

how long has this been in the works for now? it must be at least 3 years.
Peachy

Activity: 179

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2017, 09:06:07 PM

all the names are freaking terrible. he should spend a little on a marketing opinion. even a twitter poll would  be better.

how long has this been in the works for now? it must be at least 3 years.

Well, bitcoin took 5 years to develop BEFORE it went live so 3 years is really quite astounding for something truly "new and ground-breaking".

I guess since we live in a time of over 600 copy/pasta coins that essentially bring nothing 'new' to the table the patience among the naked-greed crowd is sorely lacking.

RADiX (formerly eMunie): The future of money
Ix

Activity: 218
Merit: 128

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 02:18:49 AM

Surely if a coin is stable then as demand increases then more must be minted, made whatever. Seems against the whole point of crypto of hard capped limited supply like real money is susposedly to be.

you mean pyramid-scheme style crypto
acdc

Activity: 939
Merit: 256

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 02:33:42 AM

Looking forward to the tech, but once again this team settles on a terrible name!  Yeah it sounds like dish soap.  Fuserleer, you should hire a marketer to help you with branding, because where I am sitting it appears to be your greatest weakness.

The brand can carry you a long way, don't shoot yourself in the foot before you even start the race.

Soap powder, moth balls, rat poison

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
███████                  ███████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
Peachy

Activity: 179

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2017, 05:13:39 PM

While the name is important, you'll never be able to please everyone all the time so in the end as long as the product works as advertised then the consumer will adapt and adopt.

e.g.
Amazon - 1994: The original name was supposed to be Cadabra, but Bezos thought it sounded like Cadaver.
customers: What does a rainforest have to do with books? Other than maybe killing the forest for the books?

Apple computers - Customers: Fruit company making computers?  WTF?

...etc

RADiX (formerly eMunie): The future of money
okiefromokc

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 01:22:17 AM

The Radix token supply increases when there is unmet demand for them indicated from the integrated Radix exchange (DEX). The new supply is distributed 50% to those nodes that are supporting the Radix network in various ways via the services they run in their individual node.  The other 50% is distributed to the wallet balance holders in the form a interest payments.  By the way the wallets do not have to be online to have the interest allocated to the wallet address.  The interest just resides in the network as an unclaimed transaction until the wallet is online to receive the interest payments.
zanzibar

Activity: 715
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 03:00:20 PM

Well, bitcoin took 5 years to develop BEFORE it went live so 3 years is really quite astounding for something truly "new and ground-breaking".

I guess since we live in a time of over 600 copy/pasta coins that essentially bring nothing 'new' to the table the patience among the naked-greed crowd is sorely lacking.

What I don't get is why Dan didn't just launch Emunie 4 years ago and then continue development and upgrades, like most crypto projects. People are weary because he's continually delayed launch of the project for new features and tech. Just launch the network already. People are always going to act in their best interest, it's money after all, greed rules.
Fuserleer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2017, 07:20:57 PM

It gets rather frustrating constantly hearing "Why didn't Dan do this?!?"

Allow me to explain in simple terms why I didn't start with a block chain clone then upgrade it over the years.

Upgrading a block chain with the Radix tech we now have is equivalent to having a horse and attempting to install a Formula 1 engine...it would be a horrible, bloody, mess!

zanzibar

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 07:42:45 PM

It gets rather frustrating constantly hearing "Why didn't Dan do this?!?"

Allow me to explain in simple terms why I didn't start with a block chain clone then upgrade it over the years.

Upgrading a block chain with the Radix tech we now have is equivalent to having a horse and attempting to install a Formula 1 engine...it would be a horrible, bloody, mess!

Yes, but honestly, Emunie could have been successful and you could have just transitioned everyone over to Radix when it was ready. I know you're tired of hearing it, but it's hurt your reputation to produce. I was on the Emunie forums years ago but left because there was nothing to be excited about.
Fuserleer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2017, 08:14:26 PM

It was never my intention to create another "has been" crypto, that is public record.

Therefore if my reputation has been tarnished by trying to do something different, solve real problems, and it being necessary to take 4 years to do so, then so be it.

I'd rather that than be associated with a pump and dumped shit coin that fills a few greedy pockets.

zanzibar

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 08:39:54 PM

It was never my intention to create another "has been" crypto, that is public record.

Therefore if my reputation has been tarnished by trying to do something different, solve real problems, and it being necessary to take 4 years to do so, then so be it.

I'd rather that than be associated with a pump and dumped shit coin that fills a few greedy pockets.

But you're not filling a few greedy pockets, you are bringing a coin to market that would benefit yourself and people who were staunch supporters/community members and devs, many of who have left because 4 years is a long time in crypto.
Collett

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 12:23:54 AM

I've been reading this forum for five years now and this post is the only one that's made me create an account.

I really don't understand how you could have left the Emunie/Radix forums in the last 4 years because what Dan has been creating is nothing short of genius. There's always something to be excited about.

And I understand that 4 years is a long time (I was deciding whether to invest in Emunie or Ethereum before it was released). But I'm glad he's taken the time to make sure its not another half assed shit coin. He didn't sell out and get as much money as he could because he isn't in it for the money. All of the real pioneers of tech have been the same, they don't care about money, they do it to change the world (but I'm sure the bonus of getting very rich doesn't hurt). And I know as investors we're all in this to make money, but by Dan taking his time and creating the best product on the market it guarantees that we make money whilst also having a front row seat to something that's going to change everything.

Every single coin on the market right now either doesn't fix any real world problems, or doesn't have the ability to scale. Radix is different, it solves real world problems and it will scale to levels other cryptos can't even dream of. And I know people won't believe anything until they've read a white paper and seen it with their own eyes, but that time is soon....

I was lucky enough to participate in the last beta a few weeks ago and it's really gonna blow everything else out of the water. I can't wait until you guys get to see it!
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 01:44:19 AM

What I don't get is why Dan didn't just launch Emunie 4 years ago and then continue development and upgrades, like most crypto projects. People are weary because he's continually delayed launch of the project for new features and tech. Just launch the network already. People are always going to act in their best interest, it's money after all, greed rules.

maybe that's the whole problem of the entire crypto scene? it's filled with impatient brats who don't hang around for anything worth hanging around for.

anyone who decides to launch only when it's done to their satisfaction is a rare beast and deserves some respect.

for instance ethereum should still be on a testnet considering how many unknowns there still are but greed won out. 
zanzibar

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 02:57:07 PM

I've been reading this forum for five years now and this post is the only one that's made me create an account.

I really don't understand how you could have left the Emunie/Radix forums in the last 4 years because what Dan has been creating is nothing short of genius. There's always something to be excited about.

And I understand that 4 years is a long time (I was deciding whether to invest in Emunie or Ethereum before it was released). But I'm glad he's taken the time to make sure its not another half assed shit coin. He didn't sell out and get as much money as he could because he isn't in it for the money. All of the real pioneers of tech have been the same, they don't care about money, they do it to change the world (but I'm sure the bonus of getting very rich doesn't hurt). And I know as investors we're all in this to make money, but by Dan taking his time and creating the best product on the market it guarantees that we make money whilst also having a front row seat to something that's going to change everything.

Every single coin on the market right now either doesn't fix any real world problems, or doesn't have the ability to scale. Radix is different, it solves real world problems and it will scale to levels other cryptos can't even dream of. And I know people won't believe anything until they've read a white paper and seen it with their own eyes, but that time is soon....

I was lucky enough to participate in the last beta a few weeks ago and it's really gonna blow everything else out of the water. I can't wait until you guys get to see it!

When a coin isn't live, it's not exciting, it needs to be traded publicly and find it's place in the market. It doesn't really matter what Radix can do, if it's not widely accepted, no one will care. Network Effect is a real thing. Again, Dan hasn't launched anything yet, so it's all talk at this point. I'm hoping for the best, I know Dan is a good developer and honest, but I'm in favor of just releasing what you've developed and upgrade as you go.
zanzibar

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 02:58:12 PM

maybe that's the whole problem of the entire crypto scene? it's filled with impatient brats who don't hang around for anything worth hanging around for.

anyone who decides to launch only when it's done to their satisfaction is a rare beast and deserves some respect.

for instance ethereum should still be on a testnet considering how many unknowns there still are but greed won out. 

I agree with most of your statements, but crypto is still a very young technology and things have been moving very quickly, so I think it creates short attention spans for immediate gratification.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: