Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 05:17:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: RadixDLT (formerly eMunie) Discussion  (Read 23447 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
testerx (OP)

Activity: 608
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 02:34:46 AM

Please keep this thread on-topic guys. This isn't a thread for personal attacks or scam accusations. There's plenty of other threads for those things if that's what you want to do, lol.

Please also keep the language PG-13, there's kids into crypto Grin
zoom_rich

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 09:39:22 PM

So this is eMunie now?

Any information why it has taken this long?
Macht

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 03:22:35 AM

I have just heard of radix/emunie for the first time, and I'd like to read up on it. Can someone point me to something that explains the general idea? So far I haven't been able to find anything really. Is there something like a whitepaper, that summarizes the idea?

Thanks
Peachy

Activity: 179
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2017, 04:18:11 PM

Status update:
First "live" product released utilizing the Radix protocol.
Not a beta, not a POC, not a trial version:  But a real working solution with a real company
https://twitter.com/radixdlt/status/900357606220251136

I'll give you a hint:
It's with one of these companies
https://techcrunch.com/2017/08/22/yc-demo-day-s17-day-2/

More details to be released very soon.

RADiX (formerly eMunie): The future of money
zanzibar

Activity: 715
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 04:48:48 PM

So, like next year?
freigeist

Activity: 1107
Merit: 534

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 07:55:32 AM

Status update:
First "live" product released utilizing the Radix protocol.
Not a beta, not a POC, not a trial version:  But a real working solution with a real company
https://twitter.com/radixdlt/status/900357606220251136

I'll give you a hint:
It's with one of these companies
https://techcrunch.com/2017/08/22/yc-demo-day-s17-day-2/

Hello Peachy.

Thats  very good news.
Is there a public test version of the software already?
Will there be a public ICO in near future or what kind of distribution type is planed?

Also can you tell what are the technical requirements to run a node.

Thanks.

Praxis
Legendary

Activity: 1118
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 12:58:45 PM

Any news about when this launches?
dbt1033
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 11:29:15 PM

So this really isn't an investment or speculative vehicle of any kind, right?

It sounds like it would work well as a currency.

Can someone clarify?
MsCollec
Legendary

Activity: 1400

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 11:56:01 PM

@ dbt1033
RadixDLT (formerly eMunie)  has been in development since 2013, don't waste your time on this shit.
dbt1033
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 12:06:29 AM

@ dbt1033
RadixDLT (formerly eMunie)  has been in development since 2013, don't waste your time on this shit.

I remember eMunie haha...

It just sounds like they are close to release (maybe)....  always interested in things that are different.  

Just want the dev's opinion / want to know if there is a way to invest or if this is even designed for investment.
Praxis
Legendary

Activity: 1118
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 04:40:39 AM
Last edit: September 25, 2017, 02:19:20 AM by Praxis

@ dbt1033
RadixDLT (formerly eMunie)  has been in development since 2013, don't waste your time on this shit.

I remember eMunie haha...

It just sounds like they are close to release (maybe)....  always interested in things that are different.  

Just want the dev's opinion / want to know if there is a way to invest or if this is even designed for investment.

From the Forum it seems that the lead dev is currently figuring out an alternative way of doing the initial distribution that would neither be an airdrop, nor an ICO, yet he doesn't say what exactly it is yet.
Like eMunie this will has elastic supply. Moreover nodes will be another way to generate profit AFAIK - and bandwidth will be the most important for a node to have, interestingly
They claim to outperform IOTA on transactions per second etc. but IOTA reacted very angrily to that on Twitter (fun exchange)
They filed patents so apparently, they will publish whitepaper next to prove their claims...
This must be the slowest project in existence! But interesting things need time to develop.
btcdee

Activity: 406
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 05:51:20 PM

This must be the slowest project in existence! Ha!
That honor belongs to Maidsafe.. the SAFE Network is in development since 2006!
well, the longer you wait the better it gets, hopefully  Wink
Realitaz

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 11:01:24 PM

Any news about launch, beta, ICO?
Peachy

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2017, 11:30:54 AM

Status Update: Whitepaper released today

https://www.radix.global/

btcdee

Activity: 406
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 05:33:03 PM

Impressive White Paper!
The Sharding/Logical Clocks concept is fascinating though I can't say I fully understand the tech yet.
Congratulations to the Radix team for this important milestone.
Arvydas77

Activity: 1092
Merit: 504

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2017, 06:26:19 PM

I've read whitepaper 2 times yet can't understand nothing. My blame I'm not a technical guy but reading about how BTC or other crypto (ETH, NEM, Waves etc.) works I was able to understand underlying technology.

I was following this project for about a year and I think it is very interesting to see how it works in reality. Because testing in "lab" environment is not the same as "network effect".

I have just one concern regarding scalability (on par with VISA levels) and rewards to Radix token holders. If you have the best solution for scalability you must incentivise people to spend their tokens as much as they can. But if model of Radix is based on rewarding token holders, theoretically, you can't expect people to spend their tokens. Hodling is encouraged even more because of low volatility index. Having this in mind we just don't need VISA scalability levels in hodling incentivised model. In your situation Radix should motivate its users to spend because of network capacity to scale but I see the opposite - users are incentivised to hodl and receive rewards. As I can understand low volatility (~3%) will prevent from large trading manipulation and holding tokens is much more profitable than day trading?  So, how are you going to solve this problem (if it is a problem for you at all) and encourage people to spend their tokens even if they are aware that they lose their interest? Probably you should reward both sides - holders and spenders. For example, NEM is encouraging users to spend their tokens by increasing user significance on the network. It is logical because you can reach network growth only by rising transaction number. Probably you should rethink your model and incentivise people to spend Radix tokens by rewarding them in some way?

p.s. think about glossary in your whitepaper. It could help not technical people to understand the main concepts.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Peachy

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2017, 06:47:24 PM

I've read whitepaper 2 times yet can't understand nothing. My blame I'm not a technical guy but reading about how BTC or other crypto (ETH, NEM, Waves etc.) works I was able to understand underlying technology.

I was following this project for about a year and I think it is very interesting to see how it works in reality. Because testing in "lab" environment is not the same as "network effect".

I have just one concern regarding scalability (on par with VISA levels) and rewards to Radix token holders. If you have the best solution for scalability you must incentivise people to spend their tokens as much as they can. But if model of Radix is based on rewarding token holders, theoretically, you can't expect people to spend their tokens. Hodling is encouraged even more because of low volatility index. Having this in mind we just don't need VISA scalability levels in hodling incentivised model. In your situation Radix should motivate its users to spend because of network capacity to scale but I see the opposite - users are incentivised to hodl and receive rewards. As I can understand low volatility (~3%) will prevent from large trading manipulation and holding tokens is much more profitable than day trading?  So, how are you going to solve this problem (if it is a problem for you at all) and encourage people to spend their tokens even if they are aware that they lose their interest? Probably you should reward both sides - holders and spenders. For example, NEM is encouraging users to spend their tokens by increasing user significance on the network. It is logical because you can reach network growth only by rising transaction number. Probably you should rethink your model and incentivise people to spend Radix tokens by rewarding them in some way?

p.s. think about glossary in your whitepaper. It could help not technical people to understand the main concepts.

We can wait for Dan to provide more details, but I can hopefully fill in some of the gaps in the interim as he is supremely busy at the moment writing code and performing optimizations.

This initial whitepaper is merely an overview of the method for how consensus happens (vs. blockchains).  It is not meant to be a total picture for how the Radix "publicly" released product will operate with regards to ensuring supply vs. demand against volatility as well as the reward structures.  Those details will be outlined in the future "Economics" whitepaper that will be released as well.

As for the "lab testing" comment, you should know we are well beyond the testing phase and have already signed up and released the product to our first customer using a "private" version of the technology as part of our partnership with Surematics.   https://surematics.com/

Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 07:33:08 PM

Status Update: Whitepaper released today

https://www.radix.global/

Other academic papers are usually so verbose that in the middle of one I always recall the joke about penis and car/paper sizes correlation...
wingspan

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 07:38:26 PM

[...] you must incentivise people to spend their tokens as much as they can.

one dynamic to consider that helps with "spending" (vs "holding") that goes with a crypto that doesn't reward spending directly is:  to the same extent that holding is rewarded, so too is the motivation by merchants to give discounts to those buying with that crypto.  So in theory, spending will be encouraged indirectly because merchants will want to hold that crypto compared to other currencies... and so on throughout the digital economy.  Merchants will have many other reasons besides "interest payments" to give discounts to buyers, too.  So spending Radix probably will happen naturally, IMO.   Smiley
elma

Activity: 1932
Merit: 940

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2017, 07:51:06 PM

CfB was here !!! good news for emunie Radix !

"Qu’on me donne six lignes écrites de la main du plus honnête homme, j'y trouverai de quoi le faire pendre.“ (Richelieu)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: