Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 01:49:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: LTC round 2 begins?  (Read 8689 times)
thelibertycap

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 07:14:00 AM

convoy public opinion for LTC prices soaring, although the application of segwit in LTC, LTC still far below ethereum technology. LTC possibility will be used only for mining, and trading it.

ETH's bubbly highs put it at almost 10x the marketcap of Litecoin which just went through years of consolidation.
So far no real world use for Ethereum, just speculation - it has not yet come through the peak of inflated expectations phase. It will take long time for people to actually put the technology to use. Also Hyperledger might serve as a better solution for most of the applications. It is hard to see Ethereum's upside that has not been priced in already - most of the upside now comes from its the 'number 2 in crypto' position and lots of advertisement in mainstream media.

Btw, in the future, Litecoin can have smart contracts and EVM on the chain as well.
thelibertycap

Activity: 211

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 07:29:23 AM

to be honest I don't like what I am currently seeing on the charts. things were surely looking good when I was looking at the 1 hour charts even after that dump mentioned in OP but afterwards there has been more dump and the market doesn't seem to be much interested in litecoin anymore and the orderbooks are much thinner than before. which can also be understandable but at the same time price is still stuck at 0.0088-0.0092BTC range.

I am not so much an expert on analysis and I believe it is bullshit in altcoin market but I say LTC needs to break out of some lines so we can expect the direction. above 0.0097BTC or below 0.0082BTC for example.

but my gut tells me we haven't yet seen the last of this current rally. and it is worth mentioning I an holding some LTC at the moment.

currently 2 hour chart:
LTC, XMR above 20EMA - ETH below
LTC above 200EMA - ETH, XMR below
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 07:34:44 AM

I really think Litecoin will be hiking towards 0.03 again this month.

Based of previous rallies, it is not going to stop here. The real FOMO hasn't even started yet.
Andri.Ghani

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 07:55:09 AM

I really think Litecoin will be hiking towards 0.03 again this month.

Based of previous rallies, it is not going to stop here. The real FOMO hasn't even started yet.
maybe it could happen because, as I know this LTC their old coins less rapidly with the growth of new coins that have preceded more than the price of LTC. so, I guess correctly what you say will grow LTC high...!!!
Spratan

Activity: 689
Merit: 507

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 07:56:13 AM

Noobs are following a virtual chart of segwit % now.
64% = sell signal for them
Futures OKCOIN 1W are already under index price...
e-coinomist
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1085

Money often costs too much.

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 01:40:26 PM

I keep looking here (http://litecoin-segwit.info/) and seeing segwit adoption going down?!

64% now? I think the miners are screwing with it and inside trading although that is not really a thing here.
I'm out. Things not looking good red candle style. Indeed Ethereum got some real innovation so deserved its rise. Litecoin is nothing but hopium feastening on the BTC scale debacle.
thejaytiesto (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 02:35:39 PM

Well FUCK I panic sold when I woke up at around 81 with like 10% loses, im fucking done and im not getting back in unless the price looks like a bargain.

Can't deal with the stupid stress of all possible technical and fundamental analysis being instantly destroyed by a single tweet, this is ridiculous. Who knows how much the price is going to tank now? every time they do this they destroy investor's confidence. If Jihan confirms it it will go back to like 4 USD or something.

Noobs are following a virtual chart of segwit % now.
64% = sell signal for them
Futures OKCOIN 1W are already under index price...

Noobs where trading on block variance, this crash is due this tweet:

https://twitter.com/shaolinfry/status/850995104240336896

Now where's the bottom? 80 was it? 70? 50? Good luck with that.
John Titor

Activity: 129

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 06:18:43 PM

I don't see it going below 700k, and if it does I doubt it will last long.  Might be a good time to re-up
thejaytiesto (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 11:24:09 PM

The hashrate seems to have stopped falling below around 60%. The current price is 766k. We've lost around 10% hashrate, with a low 24h price of 730k. It's anybody's guess to know where's the bottom. Litecoin is still #1 volume in poloniex, buy order is huge, but i dont feel comfortable holding it until things clear up. The thing is, it's 2 weeks of sustained 75% what we need. Even if someone comes up with 15% and brings it to 75%, Jihan has 2 weeks to counterattack and bring it back down again. How are we supposed to ever get segwit then? Looks like UASF is the only way.
bitcub

Activity: 951

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2017, 11:43:53 PM

Brilliant analysis dude. These kind of people are using their influence to trick people from buying while the truth is they do the opposite, they Short.

Cha-ap

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 03:25:03 AM

Segwit or not, No worry i am long in this coin, and im still up 50% percent, and still  buying more cheap coin
iamnotback

Activity: 336
Merit: 265

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 03:47:50 AM
Last edit: April 10, 2017, 09:33:49 AM by iamnotback

FYI, I sold some STEEM and bought more LTC on this dip.

I will continue to buy LTC with every thing I can find. I have 1 BTC in another account which I will probably transfer to Poloniex so I can buy more LTC.

The volume on LTC is building. LTC has far too high of volume lately to stay so undervalued. The pressure is building. Also, fiat is coming into LTC via Coinbase, so that in my mind is enough to push LTC's price up regardless of SegWit activation.

My thesis of both the rise of price outpacing hashrate rise due to constrained supply of ASICs, thus driving miners to increasingly signal SegWit, plus my thesis that "It Is Just Time" and that Bitcoin can't rise (willl remain range bound < $1200) until Litecoin catches up to $30+, seems to be holding as truth.The huge volume on LTC tells me LTC has become the #1 altcoin, the pressure is building for another upward explosion in price, and it extremely undervalued. LTC is starting to average more volume than ETC.

meanwhile in Bitcoin land..

BU Support weakens, SegWit stronger (34/30)

https://coin.dance/blocks

It is impossible for it to reach 95%.

Jihan Wu will never allow Blockstream to exist on Bitcoin. And I already explained he has checkmated Blockstream with his Bitmain covert asciiboost hardware spread out all over in the wild, which he can activate at will without even implicating himself nor Bitmain. Perhaps you missed my elucidation on that.

Bottom line is Bitcoin won't get scaling. Litecoin is poised to get scaling.

maybe, but I wouldnt bet my house on that.

I would, if I had a house. Seriously. I am selling everything I can find to buy more LTC.

SegWit approval on LTC is down to 62%. What a show. miners must laughing their asses of.

http://litecoinblockhalf.com/segwit.php

Within the "current activation period", it has been steady at 64-65% since my post which quoted.

Your theory is that they (Jihan and co) will not try to block segwit on LTC but their actions speak the opposite, at least until now. My take is that they are playing with fire and might get burned sooner than they expect.

I also considered your proposition that some of the chinese miners are purposely delaying signalling segwit in order to accumulate at lowest prices possible and thus maximize their profit in the forth coming pump. Actually, I don't see why they wouldn't do this.

Jihan Wu is playing along the game. I never said he wasn't blocking SegWit on Litecoin. But as I wrote, there is 20% of hashrate that was temporarily pulled so the signaling reduced from ~70% to ~62% but since has climbed back to ~64% because more and more other miners are switching to signal SegWit because they are starting to understand the price dip is due to signaling.

As the base of signaling builds back to 69 - 70% again, that 20% hashrate can return and push it over 75%. That might BTCC who is moving that 20% hashrate to and from Ethereum (their GPUs mining farm).

Since BW has stated it will soon signal for SegWit, perhaps some of that hashrate that Jihan had there has been moved to Antpool. Jihan may have been using proxies to hide or influence the decision of other pools. Any way, as I stated before that the hashrate game is too obfuscated for me to determine definitively, but the trend of LTC is now undeniable.

All roads to scaling lead to LTC.

Get on the train or be left behind.

Re: Snapchat first investor thinks bitcoin could realistically be worth $500,000

According to Jeremy Liew, the first investor in Snapchat, and Blockchain CEO and cofounder Peter Smith. In a presentation sent to Business Insider, the duo laid out their case for why it's reasonable for bitcoin to explode to $500,000 by 2030.

A very interesting article at Business Insider that worth reading: http://www.businessinsider.com/bitcoin-price-could-be-500000-by-2030-first-snapchat-investor-says-2017-3

I originally thought BTC might top out below $50k.

But now that I understand that BTC will be exclusively only the settlement layer for the mass scaling which will take place in altcoins, I now think his analysis may be correct.

All the power broker settlement will likely to be on the Bitcoin blockchain which will be the bulk of the fungible capital generated by the masses on the altcoins as dictated by the power-law (Zipf's law) distribution of wealth. Thus Bitcoin is the reserve currency of all the altcoins.

This is why one must stay invested in this sector. Note I do think the altcoins that scale up the masses will see faster appreciation than BTC in spurts, so that is one of way of increasing one's BTC if you are expert at speculation. Otherwise buy and hodl BTC.
iamnotback

Activity: 336
Merit: 265

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 07:23:56 AM
Last edit: April 10, 2017, 09:34:08 AM by iamnotback

The volume on LTC is building. LTC has far too high of volume lately to stay so undervalued. The pressure is building. Also, fiat is coming into LTC via Coinbase, so that in my mind is enough to push LTC's price up regardless of SegWit activation.

The volume is indeed insanely high.
I can't see LTC not going up again  Smiley

when price is changing volume goes up too, it doesn't matter if it is changing for the better or for worse (down or up) and it only shows people who are making trades to take advantage of the changing price in short term aka day trading. and you can't say it is positive. and in this case the high volume shows a massive dump in the past 24 hours.

what is positive and shows good signs is when price is stable or with little change but the volume is high which shows accumulation with smart money coming in without anybody noticing.

i am not saying litecoin can not go up again, i am saying your conclusion is wrong.

The volume is extremely high but it is not a panic waterfall collapse. That to me is very bullish. It indicates to me the smart money is trying enter at the lowest price they can before the next blast off.

Nearly all the altcoins are down because the market is confused and thinks that Blockstream has defeated Jihan Wu's BU, but I expect BTC is topping out at $1200 (range bound as I predicted many days ago) once the market realizes that this BS about SegWit signaling on Bitcoin gaining momentum is nonsense. Bitcoin will never get scaling. The market will digest this, Bitcoin will stumble and Litecoin will rocket up.

The market is stupid because Bitcoin will actually benefit from scaling on Litecoin, but the market has to go through its gyrations. In any case, my thesis is Bitcoin remains range bound until Litecoin catches up, because the charge says "It Is Just Time" and because Bitcoin can't move up until there will be scaling in the Satoshi's PoW ecosystem. Litecoin will get it, Bitcoin won't, but that it is a good thing for Bitcoin. Market doesn't realize any of this yet, but the smart money does.

Channels are important and to me the market says this is not an issue. The thick blue line in the LTCBTC chart is the long-term downtrend from the 2013-2015 highs. This run should go to 0.015 at a minimum. I also consider this to be a stair-step advance where the decline is not enough to allow solid entry points, but sufficient to force weak holders into panic selling.

Additionally, markets like to fill the gaps seen on the downward move in the LTCBTC chart, so we should come back up to at least close those.

We have until April 10th for the long-term downtrend and the bottom of the current channel to force a direction. There is likely to be a decisive move over the weekend, which I expect to be positive.

I would sell some if 0.00855-0.00865 is broken, and most if 0.00775 is breached.

We are still within the channel!
kriptom

Activity: 644
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 08:25:56 AM

You do not have to be expecting too much LTC. The transaction volume is high because it is just an old coin.
Josepino

Activity: 168

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 09:31:36 AM

I don't see it going below 700k, and if it does I doubt it will last long.  Might be a good time to re-up

Yes. it's on high rally, guy. Just buy more cheap ltc coins and hold it during at least 3 months and you will get big profits then.
alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 11:46:08 AM

You do not have to be expecting too much LTC. The transaction volume is high because it is just an old coin.

Or transaction volume is high because old bag-holders are taking the opportunity to cash out...

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 11:51:19 AM

old coins which still have a very high transaction volume show that they are still strong and around. a new coin having high transaction volume only shows a temporary hype.
but with LTC that shows some real usage for this coin.

you can check other old coins and many of them which disappeared even. it is very hard to stay around and stay useful in altcoin market which everything is being pump and dumped.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
OrangeP

Activity: 358

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 12:24:10 PM

SegWit is catching up once again. We're at 66%.

Quite possible big pools are using it to make free money. A SegWit activated Litecoin is definitely worth a lot more than $8.50.

Everyone involved please consider running a node for a while to make the user activated soft fork happen.

Hottest Coins: Decred, ZCoin, Waves
hankyulpark

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

https://boscoin.io

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2017, 12:28:20 PM

I don't know if all developing effort that is currently on BTC will automatically go to LTC because it had SegWit activated. I believe that it will add more gas to the fire and the discussion will intensify, but almost everyone that is doing business with BTC will remain inside this boat.

▂▃▅▆█ https://boscoin.io █▆▅▃▂
thejaytiesto (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 12:41:22 PM

As of right now I fail to see how segwit can activate on LTC. Like I said before, LTC needs 2 weeks of steady 75%+ signaling. Jihan should have enough to push it back down, and 2 weeks is enough to organize a counter attack where he is able to stack enough hashrate to fuck things up by going below 75% again, just for a moment and then the counter goes back to 0. So how are we going to get past Jihan's ASIC blocking?

I think UASF is the only way, and if UASF is used in Litecoin before Bitcoin, then that is a good reason for a pump. But activating it with hashrate? im not sure.

What fucks me up is the fact that AT ANY MOMENT any of the big time miners can tweet and send the price to hell at will. This is just nuts. I can't sleep when I know that.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: