Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 11:11:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Going to Bitcoin Conference 2013 San Jose, CA (Rollcall & Hotel Choice)  (Read 5681 times)
eMansipater

Activity: 294
Merit: 273

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2013, 05:28:29 AM

i'll be staying at the Marriott, arriving Thursday noon. There's a meetup in the evening, perhaps a few of us can hang out before that at the lobby of the Marriott or Hilton.

Meni!  I'm finally making it to a Bitcoin conference--even if it is two years later.  We'll have to touch base!

If you found my post helpful, feel free to send a small tip to 1QGukeKbBQbXHtV6LgkQa977LJ3YHXXW8B
Visit the BitCoin Q&A Site to ask questions or share knowledge.
0.009 BTC too confusing?  Use mBTC instead!  Details at www.em-bit.org or visit the project thread to help make Bitcoin prices more human-friendly.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
DavidBAL

Activity: 193
Merit: 100

Always riding the Bull...

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2013, 05:52:22 AM

I'll be on the St. Claire across the street from the Marriott from Thursday noonish. Anybody else planning on going to the GigaOm meetup at the Tech Museum that evening ?

Just signed up for GigaOm meetup, I'd be interested in meeting people at the Marriott bar for drinks before and then heading to meetup... As of now, I have absolutely no idea where anything is... haha

I am an investor, entrepreneur, and CEO @BTC Inc http://www.linkedin.com/pub/david-bailey/22/641/b53 ...
Bitrated user: davidbtcmedia.
Phoenix

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 06:09:46 AM

Just signed up for GigaOm meetup, I'd be interested in meeting people at the Marriott bar for drinks before and then heading to meetup... As of now, I have absolutely no idea where anything is... haha

Everything appears conveniently close and The Marriott bar sounds great for a pre-meetup meetup.
n8rwJeTt8TrrLKPa55eU

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 01:56:54 PM

Everything appears conveniently close and The Marriott bar sounds great for a pre-meetup meetup.

I'm going to the GigaOM event also.  Meeting at the Marriott bar at 5pm sounds like a most excellent way to start conference activities.  Count me in.
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 02:02:34 AM
Last edit: May 12, 2013, 08:37:24 AM by CoinHoarder

I'll be there.. I'm definitely down to meetup with some peeps, hang out, and talk Bitcoin/alt coins.

I'm looking forward to it! I will be staying at Four Points by Sheraton, it seems that the hotels in the immediate are of the conference center is booked, but the Sheraton looks to only be about a block away.

Cheers,

Ch
Meni Rosenfeld
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1054

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2013, 08:15:33 AM

i'll be staying at the Marriott, arriving Thursday noon. There's a meetup in the evening, perhaps a few of us can hang out before that at the lobby of the Marriott or Hilton.
Meni!  I'm finally making it to a Bitcoin conference--even if it is two years later.  We'll have to touch base!
Certainly! I was very happy to see you back in the community, looking forward to meeting you.

1EofoZNBhWQ3kxfKnvWkhtMns4AivZArhr   |   Who am I?   |   bitcoin-otc WoT
Bitcoil - Exchange bitcoins for ILS (thread)   |   Israel Bitcoin community homepage (thread)
Analysis of Bitcoin Pooled Mining Reward Systems (thread, summary)  |   PureMining - Infinite-term, deterministic mining bond
adpinbr

Activity: 1008
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 03:00:38 PM

Certainly! I was very happy to see you back in the community, looking forward to meeting you.

Thats a long trip for a two day conference. I was thinking of going to, the expense of the flight could easily be covered by any info gained from attendance

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Dan Dascalescu

Activity: 29

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2013, 12:01:02 AM

I'll be there at the Thursday meetup, and I'll be speaking at the conference on Sunday. The topic is Bitcoin on Blueseed, the startup ship in Silicon Valley's international water. Would be great to get everyone's thoughts on topics to cover during my talk! Here's the thread on that.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 02:32:39 PM

Saturday and/or Sunday evening will have to be my socializing time. Anybody doing anything after conference time? I think it will be fun to meet you characters live.  Smiley

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
edd
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2013, 03:40:28 PM

Saturday and/or Sunday evening will have to be my socializing time. Anybody doing anything after conference time? I think it will be fun to meet you characters live.  Smiley

I'm arriving Friday and I'm up for any evening hang outs.

I wonder, should we wear name tags with our forum handles?

Still around.
RodeoX
Legendary

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 04:10:33 PM
Last edit: May 13, 2013, 05:07:29 PM by RodeoX

Saturday and/or Sunday evening will have to be my socializing time. Anybody doing anything after conference time? I think it will be fun to meet you characters live.  Smiley

I'm arriving Friday and I'm up for any evening hang outs.

I wonder, should we wear name tags with our forum handles?
I was thinking about that also. It would be fun to have name tags that flip over to show your forum name. I wonder if we would be able to guess who is who just from our manner and rantings?
This thread is as good as anyplace for organizing a meeting place. If anyone has a moment and wants to hang out, then post here. Even after the conference gets underway.

**********Example post*****************
I will be at the Hilton lobby bar on Saturday starting about 7pm. Interested in venture capitol and crowdfunding.

edd
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2013, 04:19:12 PM

I was thinking about that also. It would be fun to have name tags that flip over to show your forum name.

FreeMoney shouldn't do this unless he wants to get mobbed.

I wonder if we would be able to guess who is who just from our manor and rantings?

Wait, other bitcoiners live on manors? I missed out on that.

I will be at the Hilton lobby bar starting about 7pm. Interested in venture capitol and crowdfunding.

Don't forget to include the day.

Still around.
RodeoX
Legendary

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 05:06:34 PM

I wonder if we would be able to guess who is who just from our manor and rantings?

Wait, other bitcoiners live on manners? I missed out on that.

I will be at the Hilton lobby bar on Saturday starting about 7pm. Interested in venture capitol and crowdfunding.

Don't forget to include the day.
Fixed and fixed. Actually, I left the day off because I do not want anyone to think it is real. Although I may well be in the Hilton lounge that night.

Dalkore (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1026

Mining since 2010 & Hosting since 2012

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2013, 09:21:03 PM

I don't mind swinging by the Marriott.  I will be at the Hilton bar as well.     We should make a twitter hashtag (#bitconferenceSJ ?)so we can follow where everyone is meeting for drinks and socializing. 

Hosting: Low as $60.00 per KW - Link
Transaction List: jayson3 +5 - ColdHardMetal +3 - Nolo +2 - CoinHoarder +1 - Elxiliath +1 - tymm0 +1 - Johnniewalker +1 - Oscer +1 - Davidj411 +1 - BitCoiner2012 +1 - dstruct2k +1 - Philj +1 - camolist +1 - exahash +1 - Littleshop +1 - Severian +1 - DebitMe +1 - lepenguin +1 - StringTheory +1 - amagimetals +1 - jcoin200 +1 - serp +1 - klintay +1 - -droid- +1 - FlutterPie +1
dipsy

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 10:59:19 PM

I'm arriving from the UK on Wednesday. Already booked the GigaOM meetup for Thursday, is anyone around San Jose on Wednesday evening?

Twitter hashtag is a great idea, maybe just #bitcoin2013 ?
Batteryfire

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 01:26:35 AM

I'll be coming in from Atlanta early Thursday.  Smiley

#bitcoin2013
Cubic Earth
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1018

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 03:41:45 AM

I'll be there, arriving Thursday afternoon, and I'll stop by the Marriot bar first.  I'll stand out, I'm gonna be the only person without a smartphone.
yukon

Activity: 7

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 08:08:06 AM

I'll be there Thursday evening through Sunday and staying at the Sheraton Four Points.
#bitcoin2013
Mashuri

Activity: 135
Merit: 107

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 06:14:31 PM

I will be there Saturday and Sunday, staying at the Hilton.  I'm looking to get involved in a promising startup and can bring in an angel investor if it looks good enough.  Let's connect. Smiley

wildbud

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 09:39:46 PM

I might come into town for a meetup.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: