Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 07:10:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: AUCTION - 30x 1BTC (Series1) Casascius coin  (Read 10279 times)
Nightowlace

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2013, 11:26:07 PM

72 BTC

See you all at 12:24!!!!!!
coblee (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1654
Merit: 1287

Creator of Litecoin. Cryptocurrency enthusiast.

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 11:26:32 PM

Okay, 71 last bid. Not, because I wouldn't bid more, but because I need sleep   Angry

If people need to go and would like someone to help proxy bid, I can do that.
Basically, PM with the maximum bid you are willing to bid, I and will help you bid until either you win or the bid has passed your max bid.
And if there's any doubt, forum moderators can confirm the PMs. I think that's fair, right?

Nightowlace

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2013, 11:28:23 PM

Okay, 71 last bid. Not, because I wouldn't bid more, but because I need sleep   Angry

Basically, PM with the maximum bid you are willing to bid, I and will help you bid until either you win or the bid has passed your max bid.
And if there's any doubt, forum moderators can confirm the PMs. I think that's fair, right?

Seriously? The guy hosting the auction is going to bid for people? Ummmm I am 100% not okay with this. If people need to go then put your max bid in and go to sleep. You're either going to wake up with some coins or not.
Nightowlace

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2013, 11:31:39 PM

Seriously? The guy hosting the auction is going to bid for people? Ummmm I am 100% not okay with this. If people need to go then put your max bid in and go to sleep. You're either going to wake up with some coins or not.

That is my entire point about extensions. The auction ends in 29 minutes if you can not stay up for another 29 minutes refreshing the thread adding bids then how bad do you really want them?
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 11:35:05 PM

Anyone who is interested in bidding is going to be following this over the next half an hour for sure, do them all a great favor & change it to after 01:00 then bids extend the auction for 5 minutes (or 2 mins), most ppl have better things to do & you will actually get a higher price as ppl won't just say FI & bail.

BTC = $c²     My BTC addie = 1otohotohMoQoxHuxLBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc 
Bitstamp Exchange: Referal Code
CHARITY | MY REP | PREDICTION 1 | PREDICTION 2 | PREDICTION 3
bracek

Activity: 530
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 11:35:40 PM

coblee (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 11:35:51 PM

Fine. Forget I mentioned it.

Nightowlace

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2013, 11:37:37 PM

Not trying to be a dick but you understand the perception of this right?
coblee (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 11:39:27 PM

Not trying to be a dick but you understand the perception of this right?

Of course, it's like shill bidding where I bid on my own auction to increase the price. It's definitely can be seen that way. That's why I suggested I could have the forum moderators confirm that proxy bid. But I agree with you. I shouldn't be doing this.

Nightowlace

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2013, 11:40:13 PM

Anyone who is interested in bidding is going to be following this over the next half an hour for sure, do them all a great favor & change it to after 01:00 then bids extend the auction for 5 minutes (or 2 mins), most ppl have better things to do & you will actually get a higher price as ppl won't just say FI & bail.

100% agree. But it's a little late for that considering all the people who won't be back for an hour now.
zebedee
Donator

Activity: 668

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 11:44:20 PM

75 BTC
bracek

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 11:44:43 PM

bracek

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 11:45:12 PM

leave it, resistance is futile Smiley
coblee (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 11:47:14 PM

100% agree. But it's a little late for that considering all the people who won't be back for an hour now.

Are people ok with changing the bid extension to 5 minutes after an hour is up?

So if someone bids on 12:30:00, the auction will still end at 12:44:43 AM GMT. If someone bids on 12:42:00, the auction will be extended till 12:47:00 AM GMT.

This is fair because if someone took off for 50 minutes to come back to bid before 12:44, they will still be able to bid. And it's not unfair to bracek, the current high bidder.

If people are ok, i will make a GPG signed post making this official.

bracek

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 11:48:37 PM

ok, make it faster
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 11:49:31 PM

That's why I sugested 01:00 GMT/UTC which is in 1 hr 10 mins, everyone who is interested in bidding will see the change.

BTC = $c²     My BTC addie = 1otohotohMoQoxHuxLBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc 
Bitstamp Exchange: Referal Code
CHARITY | MY REP | PREDICTION 1 | PREDICTION 2 | PREDICTION 3
zebedee
Donator

Activity: 668

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 11:52:29 PM

FWIW I don't think you should change auction terms after starting.  It's not like you can get everyone's consent.
Nightowlace

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2013, 11:53:07 PM

So if the auction reads correctly the bidding has been extended to at least 12:44
bracek

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 11:55:03 PM

bid now or forever hold your peace Smiley
Nightowlace

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2013, 11:56:11 PM

77 FTW